> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

If you posted a new version of the program, please notify the moderator by clicking the "Complaint" button on your message.

Catalog of Android programs

® Samba Server for Android | The program to start the samba server on the device

Rep: (108)
Samba Server for Android
version: 111107-dev 140525

Last update of the program in the header:09.06.2014

Attached ImageAttached Image

For the operation of the program requires root user rights.

Short description:
Running a samba server on the device.

Description:
Prog to run the samba server on the device. A memory card can be connected as a network drive on Windows, and crawl through memory from a PC.
example
Attached Image

Attention on JellyBean (4.1.1) glitches were noticed in the work of the program - it says "Enabled - Not Running" - but the PC normally sees the device and connects. (I tried it myself through IP - normal flight)

XDA-Developers
editing smb.conffor mounting system partitions
Brief instructions on connecting one phone to another via Wi-Fi using Samba Server for Android (Samba Filesharing) without a computer and / or home network
d00bd00b @ 12/03/2011, 17:49*
Brief instructions on how to connect one phone to another via Wi-Fi using Samba Server for Android (Samba Filesharing).
Tested on the Galaxy S (9000) and Galaxy Ace in both directions (firmware 2.3. * Darki and stock, respectively, both, of course, are rooted (the program itself does not work without the root)).
1. There is one on the device — settings-network-modem-MobileAP — tick the box, in the settings of MobileAP we look at the name of the SSID network.
2. On one device, run Samba Server for Android (Samba Filesharing), configure it, click Enable.
3. On the device, two enter the Wi-Fi settings and connect to the network, the name of which we saw in step 1.
4. On the device, two. Launch the file manager (I have Total Commander for Android with a Lan plugin, but any one you use to climb home network will do). In the lan-plugin click "New Server", assign a name. In the column "Server Name / Directory" enter the IP specified by the program in step 2, the login and password specified in the same place (I remove the checkbox "Protect with Master Password").
5. We go from device 2 to device 1 folders using the file manager that we used in step 4 - the files are available for copy / delete / write.

(!) Who has the program hanging at startup, there are problems with displaying notifications or sharing, see the post as a temporary solutionВ® Samba Server for Android (Post # 15760851)

Homepage: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=128
Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.funkyfresh.samba

Russian interface: Not

Changelog
Build 130413 (under development)
- Incorrect "Enabled / Not Running" status on the app main screen.
- file permissions problem.
- Display IPv4 address rather than IPv6 address (will make this configurable in a future release).
If you’re still having problems with your app, you’re trying to fix it.>Developer Options ->UNset Strict Mode)

Samba Filesharing 111107m
1.Wifi Access Points filesharing will start on.
2.Bugfix for 111106.
3.Fixed JCIFS client connection problem.
4.Fixed crash problem on Droid Bionic.
5.Improved wifi tether / hotspot mode operation.
6.Pressing ‘samba’ logo toggles between Enabled / Disabled mode.
7.Bug fixes relating to shell & su access.
8.Additional configurables.

Build 111105
- Added a wifi access point where you can access filesharing can start with.
- Rebuilt Samba client connectivity bug.

v.111009m from October 28th.
- Improved wifi tether / hotspot mode operation.
- Pressing ‘samba’ logo toggles between Enabled / Disabled mode.
- Bug fixes relating to shell & su access.
- Second sharable 'sdcard' for devices that have a second user data storage capability (Currently VFAT formatted only).
- Wifi wake lock to maintain wifi throughput while screen is off.
- Multicast lock (enable this if you can access your device by \\ netbios name but can by \\ ipAddress).
- Updated icons.
- Additional configurables.
Build 110905
- Improved shell & SU access testing during install.
- Plays nicer with wifi when in tethering mode (still manual 'Menu ->Enable 'required once your access point is up).
- New icon (Thanks Persio M!).
- Samba CIFS UNIX extensions can be disabled.
Build 110226
- UI response improvements.
- App ‘uninstall’ option added to settings screen.
- Detect & handle Market upgrade-mode.

Download:
Version: 140525 В® Samba Server for Android (Post # 32036596)
Version: 140525 dev ® Samba Server for Android (Post AlexAlex2222 # 49090289)
Dev:Attached fileSambaFilesharing-dev-130413.apk(1.84 MB)
Market:Version: 130413m : 130413.apk
Download zip
Market
Russian version
Patch for V111107m Update Samba FileSharing JB
Your device must be rooted !!!
This version is a patch to update SambaFileSharing \ 's files V111107m to continue working with Jelly Bean.

Speed ​​increase В® Samba Server for Android (Post lilodes # 49001592)

Past versions

Post has been editedvovanKARPO - 19.10.16, 21:57
Reason for editing: dev

Rep: (2)
Thanks It works :)

Rep: (4)
I wonder what the speed of work is? If by WiFI for example?

Rep: (790)
And I do not plow .. Apparently, a softphone is incompatible with something from the mods. It's a shame, the right thing.

FrozenSE,
That writes? Or immediately take off?

Motorola Droid 2/2 works. Wi-Fi read / write speed 800-900 kB per second
noticed that a large file 700mb is for some reason not transmitted to the bodies .... thinks for a long time and then writes off unprotect recording

Post has been edited777rds777 - 05.10.10, 23:49

Rep: (232)
777rds777 @ 10/06/2010 00:41*
noticed that a large file 700mb is for some reason not transmitted to the bodies .... thinks for a long time and then writes off unprotect recording

This is an Android bug: when writing large files, the card can go into read-only mode.

Rep: (1)
Tell me, what is this program for?

dim-sor @ 10/11/2010, 10:23 PM*
Tell me, what is this program for?

in order to mount your device through the network and use it as a network drive ...
for example: I came to work, but the cord stayed at home and we must urgently throw it on the body or pick up the file from the body - so you use this program ...
There are of course various other types of -WiFi File manager, etc. but they work through a web browser, which is often not convenient ...

The connection is interrupted endlessly, not very reliable ... but I do not sin on samba, but most likely this is my Wi-Fi, because the same trouble was on Swiftft ... they all say this is one of the weak points of the legend - weak Wi-Fi

Rep: (49)
On gt540 is not installed. True firmware 1.6, without root. Maybe it will start at 2.1.

Rep: (48)
If you use the total commander, then the FTP server is better to raise on the phone =)

Rep: (0)
Is there no customer?

Rep: (79)
Hackhide @ 10/22/2010 12:30*
Is there no customer?
Clients are in ASTRO, ES, and, certainly, in other file managers.

thank. it works, only here
777rds777 @ 10/05/2010 23:41*
700mb for some reason is not transmitted to the body

- same...

Rep: (8)
Acer Liquid - works

Rep: (57)
Desire - works. Even the actual speed is 2-3MB per download and up to 1 MB per download.

Post has been editedGoog2e - 16.11.10, 20:07

Thanks, works fine on GHS 2.2

By the way, the question in practice is that it is better to start an ftp server (I have a swiftp, although after switching on I can’t immediately get through the total, I’m looking for it for a long time, the packages don’t go through or what .. I don’t understand) or samba? What works faster?

Desire with AuraxTSenseHD works fine.

It works, thanks!

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/24/19, 10:31