> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

If you posted a new version of the program, please notify the moderator by clicking the "Complaint" button on your message.

Catalog of Android programs

Cool reader | Port of the famous reader on Android

Rep: (783)
Cool reader
Version: 3.2.38-1

Last update of the program in the header:27.01.2020

Attached Image

Screenshots
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

Short description:
Ported version of a well-known program for reading files: .fb2, .txt, .rtf, .doc, .epub, .chm, etc.

Description:
Ported version of the famous program for reading electronic books Cool reader
Supported formats: .fb2, .fb2.zip, .txt, .rtf, .doc, .epub, .chm, .pdb, .prc, .mobi
Files to read need to write to the SD card

Opportunities:
  • file selection for opening via the built-in file browser or from an external file manager
  • online book directory support (OPDS)
  • list of recently opened files
  • changing the font, using custom fonts, font size, boldness, inversion
  • font smoothing
  • support for external CSS files (Cool reader WiKi CSS)
  • scrolling a book with a joystick / touch screen / volume keys
  • Go to page by number and percentage
  • bookmarks
  • book's contents
  • text search
  • page turning animation (like a paper book or a shift)
  • book covers in the book list
  • image rotation by sensor
  • separate menu by menu button in the list of books
  • page background texture
  • custom actions on tap-zones
  • custom button actions
  • the ability to lock the touch screen and trackball
  • auto repeat paging
  • support installation on SD for 2.2
  • click on the link - long press; return - on the menu or on the action assigned to the button or tap zone
  • Entering the text selection mode - through the menu (you can also assign it to a button or tap-zone)
  • optional text selection - double tapa
  • selected text is copied to the clipboard
  • word search in the dictionary - Fora Dictionary or ColorDict
  • brightness adjustment by sliding along the left edge of the screen
  • sorting books in the file browser by name, author, title, file creation time

If you want the program to develop or you encounter any errors in the work of the program - lay out the logs of the program in this topic.
Logs can be removed by this program:Attached fileAndroid_System_Info_v.1.15.1.apk(205.89 KB)

Also, please report the version of android and cooler.
WiKi instructions:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/cren...d_user_guide_ru

Homepage: https://github.com/buggins/coolreader
Google Play Web: https://market.android.com/details?id=org.coolreader

Additional Information

Mini FAQ - stand a couple of topical issues from under the Cut.
Q: Where did Flibusta go?
A: Removed from the list of pre-installedrequirementLitRes. You can only add manually.

Q: How to add my OPDS catalog?
A: In the list of directories, the first item (with a plus) is the addition of a catalog. You can edit and delete directories by long clicking on the directory in the list.

Q: How to bypass the lock Flibusta?
A: Use TOR Proxy ORobot: Install and run ORobot; change the URLs of filibusts tohttp://flibustahezeous3.onion/opds

Q: If you have Android 4.4 and the reader has stopped seeing the memory card.
A:Cool reader (Post # 35171955)

Q: If you have Android 6.0+ and the reader (Old) has stopped seeing the memory card.
A:Cool reader (Post mergen3107 # 49684127)(no root needed)Cool reader (Post CyCaHuH-PDA # 50391100)(need root)

Mini FAQ
Q: Such a problem: if, without leaving the program and without turning it off, to lock the phone, the screen goes out, and after a second it lights up again.
A: Known issue on some devices. It is solved by turning off the option "increase the duration of the backlight"

Q: The program crashes on the opening of the book. Previously, the same book opened normally.
A: The book cache file may be damaged. Try deleting the /Books/.cache directory on the SD card.

Q: Reading aloud does not work.
A: You need to install and configure the voice engine and voice for the desired language. For the Russian language, useSvox instruction
See also:Android reader and voice reading - which engine to choose?

Q: How to change the standard fb2 styles?
A: By adding your file /sdcard/.cr3/fb2.css - see the information onWiki

Q: How to add a new OPDS directory
A: Long tap in the list of OPDS directories / context menu item "New Directory"

Q: System icons are dimmed in the top bar (SGN II)
A: is treated by turning off the option "turn off the backlight buttons"

Download:
Version: 3.2.38-1 Google Play, author gredmy
Version: 3.2.32 CoolReader (official version) (virxkane)
Version: 3.2.31 Cool Reader (virxkane)
Version: 3.2.26 coolreader-3.2.26-universal-release.apk

Experimental version from plotn:
Post with a description (updated) : fast
Link to the latest build : github

Changes
Version: 3.2.9-1
[*] Many improvements and fixes (from virxkane and plotn)
Version: 3.2.9-1
[*] Fix for https support for OPDS - coollib (virxkane)
[*] By default, the portrait orientation of the screen instead of the sensor (buggins)
[*] Fixed bug with parsing html / xml entity (virxcane)
[*] Bug fixes (buggins, virxcane)
Version: 3.2.6-1
  • Corrections provided by developers from the forumsavagemessiahzine.comand github (virxcane, plotn, s-trace, norbi24 and others)
  • SD card support on Android 6 and above (buggins)
  • All ONYX devices are defined as e-ink devices, but without a screen refresh setting (virxkane)
  • Fixed button conflict on ONYX devices with Nook (virxkane) devices
  • Added contrasting themes for e-ink devices with corresponding icons (virxkane)
  • New implementation of font kerning (works slower), the old implementation with modern fonts simply did not work (virxkane)
  • Added "Sort Order" option in the file browser (virxkane)
  • Auto-off reading aloud when the motion sensor is inactive, configured in options (S-trace)
  • In the dialog "About the program" added a tab with information about the program directories with settings. (plotn)
  • Ability to reduce toolbar (plotn)
  • 2 gray themes added (plotn)
  • Search history is saved (plotn)
  • simultaneous work with two dictionaries, selection of a dictionary by long pressing the translation button (plotn)
  • Fixed integer overflow when calculating character positions resulting in overlapping characters (virxkane)
  • Tolino Vision HD4 is defined as e-ink devices (norbi24)
  • Fixed some problems leading to crash of the program.
  • Potential memory leaks fixed
  • Fixed a conflict with Magisk when searching for an SD card mount point (s-trace)

Version: 3.1.2-56
  • Formatting fixes
  • Must be fixed minimum page indent
  • Sony T2 - update information on the current book
  • Attempting to fix SDcard search and internal memory.

Version: 3.1.2-50
  • Fixed a problem with text blending during formatting.
  • Fixed problem with reading one-word sentences out loud.
  • Faster read aloud speeds are allowed.
  • Added smaller font sizes.
  • Updated Belarusian translation.
  • A choice of larger font sizes is available (depending on the screen size).

Version: 3.1.2-48
  • A choice of larger font sizes is available (depending on the screen size).
  • Fixed the size of toolbars.
  • Support ORobot TOR proxy running on the device to access the OPDS - just specify the .onion site. For example,http://flibustahezeous3.onion/opds(ORobot must be running).
  • Username and password, and HTTPS support for OPDS.
  • Fixed MOBI support.
  • Added more options for setting page indent.
  • FreeType Upgrade to 2.5.3

Version 3.1.2-39:
Patch integration
Recognition of the format of books with LIB.RU fixed

Version 3.1.2-34:
Disable reading aloud when an incoming call.
Fixed translation hyphenation dictionaries.
Minimal brightness reduced on Samsung Galaxy S.

Version 3.1.2-33:
A signal handler has been added, which, when a program crashes, erases the cache file of the current book - to protect it from re-dropping when the book is reopened.
Including validation of the book mode cache file when you open (check checksum blocks). It must be protected from falling corrupted cache files. The rediscovery of the book may be slower than before (to be noticeable on large books luchge all measured on the team "to switch to the previous book" to jump between the two books). Anybody see the difference? Interesting test results. Much of the fall is due to the corrupted cache files. If braking is small - maybe we should leave this option.
Full check of the cache file is made disconnected - to disable it, add the line crengine.cache.validation.enabled = 0 to SD / .cr3 / cr3.ini
Fixed style<code>in epub.
Correction of the Polish translation
The "Add directory" button is moved to the first place in the OPDS list.
The minimum brightness for some devices has been increased.
LitRes plugin disabled

Textures for background, fonts and other decorations in the subject Decorations for Cool Reader and other readers (Textures, backgrounds, fonts, etc.)

Past versions
Version: 3.2.36-1 Google Play (mirjamol)
Version: 3.2.9-1 coolreader-3.2.9-universal-release.apk
Version: 3.1.2-116 (arm64) //savagemessiahzine.com/forum/d...er_3.1.2-116_arm64.apk
Version: 3.1.2-104 Cool reader 3.1.2-104 (x86)
Version: 3.1.2-102 Cool reader 3.1.2-102 (armv7a)
Version: 3.1.2-35 (+ 6.0 / 7.0) Cool reader (Post mysbs # 64304793)
Version for E-ink screens: Cool reader (Post by Benya_philosofer # 64891486)

Version: 3.1.2-69 Cool reader (Post And_RU # 40729435)
Version: 3.1.2-66 //savagemessiahzine.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=191747&view=findpost&p=40702093
Version: 3.1.2-64 Cool reader (Post bozander # 40650344) Version: 3.1.2-56 //savagemessiahzine.com/forum/dl/post/5393369/CoolReader3-3.1.2-56.apk
Version: 3.1.2-50 //savagemessiahzine.com/forum/dl/post/5082763/cr3-3.1.2-50.apk
Version: 3.1.2-48 //savagemessiahzine.com/forum/dl/post/5082763/CoolReader-3.1.2-48.apk
Version: 3.1.2-39 //savagemessiahzine.com/forum/dl/post/4207493/CoolReader-3.1.2-39-market.apk
Version: 3.1.2-34 //savagemessiahzine.com/forum/dl/post/3234937/cr3.1.2-34-release.apk
Version: 3.1.2-33 cr3-3.1.2-33-arm-armv7a-x86-mips.apk
Version: 3.1.2-29 cr3-3.1.2-29-arm-armv7a-x86-mips.apk
Version: 3.1.2-27 cr3-3.1.2-27-arm-armv7a-x86-mips.apk
Version: 3.1.2-24 cr3-3.1.2-24-arm-armv7a-x86-mips.apk
Version: 3.1.2-20 cr3-3.1.2-20-arm-armv7a-x86-mips.apk
Version: 3.1.2-16 cr3-3.1.2-16-arm-armv7a-x86-mips-stopttsoncall-archosfullscreen.apk
Version: 3.1.2-12 cr3-3.1.2-12-arm-armv7a-x86-mips-stopttsoncall-archosfullscreen.apk
Version: 3.1.2-9 cr3-3.1.2-9-arm-armv7a-x86-mips-stopttsoncall-archosfullscreen.apk
Version: 3.1.2-6 cr3-3.1.2-6-arm-armv7a-x86-mips-stopttsoncall-archosfullscreen.apk
Version: 3.1.2-4 cr3.1.2-4-arm-armv7a-x86-mips-archosfullscreen-stopttsoncall.apk
Version: 3.1.1-4 cr3.1.1-4-armeabi-archosfullscreen-stopttsoncall.apk
Version: 3.1.0-19 cr3.1.0-19-arm-mips-x86-stopttsoncall-archosfullscreen.apk
Version: 3.0.57-15 cr3.0.57_15_arm_mips_x86_stopttsoncall_archosfullscreen.apk
Version: 3.0.57-14 cr3.0.57_14_arm_mips_x86_market.apk
3.0.57-10: cr3.0.57_10_arm_mips_x86_archosfullscreen_stopttsoncall.apk
3.0.57-4 : cr3.0.57_4_arm_mips_x86_archosfullscreen_stopttsoncall.apk
3.0.56-42 : cr3.0.56_42_arm_mips_x86_archosfullscreen_stopttsoncall.apk
3.0.56-37 : cr3.0.56_37_arm_mips_x86_archosfullscreen_stopttsoncall.apk

Experimental cross-platform version for OpenGL (Android armv7a):
3.3.72: Cool reader (Post JoysKo # 71003323)
cr3gl-3.3.68-armv7a.apk
Experimental version -build for desktop

Beta versions:
Version: 3.2.32-1 CoolReader_plotn_mod (plotn)

Modifications
Version: 3.2.39-1-20200222 Incoming paper (plotn)
Version: 3.2.38-1-2020015 fb3, epub (plotn)
Version: 3.2.38-1-2020015 Coolreader plotn mod (plotn)
Version: 3.2.32-1-20191228 coolreader_plotn_mod (plotn)

Post has been editediMiKED - 24.02.20, 14:41
Reason for edit: Update: modification 3.2.39-1-20200222 Input Document

A new version:

sourceforge:cr3-0-36-9.apk

You must make a restart and lock off the illumination.

Attached files

Attached filecr3_0_36_9.apk(2.02 MB)

Post has been editedBuggins - 07.10.10, 15:28

Rep: (62)
thank.

Post has been editedRubakaz - 07.10.10, 16:25

Alexey_aka_Lave @ 07.10.2010, 16:31*
thank.

Re-entry and lights have earned?
I checked on the simulator, the glands do not ...

Rep: (4)
9 build on Milestone started. Opened the book, perfect! Working.
File Manager - it is what we need !!
Out of trouble - popopalsya settings, including full screen, adjust the font. I switched to the homescreen. I launched again. Formatting writes books and flies. More can not start reader :(

Rep: (6)
Re-entry to work, but opens files settings are not saved. After you create a bookmark does not start-off with an error.

Rep: (62)
Buggins @ 07.10.2010, 17:08*
lights work?

Yes

Rep: (37)
The first time to run, I opened the book, all set up, bookmark it came out. I open repeatedly run the same book, Error while reading document. When trying to open forsklouz bookmarks. Under the following three starts the same. Then run, I try to open the folder bukz - does not open, try again - departures. Everything is now the only way.

ximik_mv @ 07.10.2010, 21:42*
The first time to run, I opened the book, all set up, bookmark it came out. I open repeatedly run the same book, Error while reading document. When trying to open forsklouz bookmarks. Under the following three starts the same. Then run, I try to open the folder bukz - does not open, try again - departures. Everything is now the only way.

Strange.
Restarting the device can not be cured?
A uninstalling and reinstalling?

Rep: (285)
ximik_mv, it is treated by killing the process and re-zapuskaniya. Here, only the trouble and save the settings and bookmarks. When you restart the manager opens the file and erase all bookmarks. Question to the author - as I understand it, the program for devices with low resolution? I just text seems a bit "blurry", though you can read :)

Rep: (0)
A5IT android 1.6 is stable enough with the eighth version. Problems with the re-opening and latched position there. File browser is better than fashion fbridera. Files are opened slowly, full-screen mode does not work, the text does appear blurry compared to fbriderom (the same font and size - Sans 22). Wishlist:
- fix "blurring" of the text
- to deal with the full-screen mode
- Add an option the possibility of setting the path to the directory with books
- make the inclusion of podostupney night mode
In general, the earlier version is very good, hopefully will be finished, and a real competitor fbrideru. Thanks to the author.

Rep: (37)
Buggins device is restarted, because the torrent rocks. Try reinstalling.

I reset. Open, book launch, a little glance over. At this time came the Exit button. I run, like a loaded book, but when you try to swipe down the text disappears, there is only the black strip at the top. Filemanager not open. So twice, then immediately after turning forsklouz.

A. The process apparently was killed by the browser, run - like works.

And, indeed, kill the process - just fine. A blurry text I even like

ximik_mv @ 07.10.2010, 22:45*
A blurry text I even like

This font smoothing. You can disable - you only need to add the setting.

Rep: (7)
HTC Hero, not working Full screen, when the Full screen appears footer Coll Reader, but the footer of the Hero is not lost. And I would like, if possible, paging volume buttons, as implemented in FBReader. And you now these buttons switches the font size. If you run the Cool Reader first thing to push the volume button, the program crashes, or simply closed, or with the message "Oops ...", but if you start first thing in the tap on the screen, then later, like, all right, including testing of the volume buttons.

Rep: (94)
When you first start everything works fine. I liked that the book looking for your browser! But ... when you run a book not otkryvaet, treated or restart the process killing. Then again, it does not open a book when you restart. Will follow the development, I hope that it will be followed. Well, a few wishes - it would be very nice to have the ability to change the background color (except black and white), read in the horizontal position of the screen and copy text: blush:. HTC Legend.

Post has been editedZubaser - 08.10.10, 08:44

Rep: (61)
Somebody tried to Desire? And then I have some questions instead of text (not questions I have, and on the screen)). The menu in the file browser, in drunih eReader everything is OK.

Rep: (31)
On Desire with Android 2.2 - all run - a change the font to the last on the list - gone a question mark instead of text and began to read the text properly. It opens as a txt and fb2 files. Transfers operate. The status bar also.
I could not figure out how to change the screen rotation. Everything else is fine.
Of wishes - to make bookmarks - any length on the user's choice.

Post has been editedVers55 - 08.10.10, 14:55

A new version:

sourceforge:cr3-0-36-10.apk

Paging volume keys.
Improved stability.

Attached files

Attached filecr3_0_36_10.apk(2.02 MB)

Rep: (60)
Buggins

Updated the description of the program in the cap

We are waiting for new versions!

Rep: (128)
I flew. After that I did not preserve an open book. If you change the very long formatted the book font size, well, it's okay - then did it a few times more on every page. Do not turn the pages of a volume control ... for now demolished

Rep: (204)
Of course thanks for such frequent software upgrades, but they are almost equally glyuchenye. On the first launch everything is OK, then the programa does not start, the book does not see, then do not open them.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 21/04/20, 17:09