Nokia N8 - Discussion

Rep: (77)
DiscussionNokia N8

Description пїЅ | Discussion пїЅ | Nokia N8 FAQ пїЅ | Symbian OS FAQ пїЅ | Programs пїЅ | Games пїЅ | Topics пїЅ | Symbian Belle talk пїЅ | Reset user code пїЅ | Sync Nokia N8 with Google пїЅ | Turn off the red indicator when shooting video пїЅ
Hacking Symbian пїЅ пїЅ What to look for when buying a Nokia N8 пїЅ пїЅ Installing updates after resetting to default settings пїЅ

Latest firmware version : 111.040.1511 from 27.08.2012
Previous versions : 111.030.0609, 025.007, 024.001, 022.014, 014.002, 013.016, 011.012

Nokia Belle operating system will change your understanding of smartphones. You can take advantage of its amazing capabilities by installing the software update on your phone. Nokia Belle is available for the following models: Nokia N8, Nokia E7, Nokia C7, Nokia Oro, Nokia C6-01, Nokia X7, Nokia E6 and Nokia 500. With the new software, your phone gets a new simple and expressive interface, more working screens, new widgets, simplified personalization. A simple menu, smooth screen transitions and drop-down notifications allow you to stay up to date and find the necessary information faster. Among the additions are a new status bar, a new toolbar and a new Nokia Maps application, as well as an improved video recording function, an improved browser and much more.

Information:

Flashing / downgrading the firmware version

Post has been editedandrei_d1978 - 31.05.18, 21:02
Reason for editing: Nokia Software Recovery Tool

Rep: (116)
New Nokia flagship on Symbian ^ 3 operating system.
Attached Image

Specifications:
Display - capacitive nHD with multi-touch support, made on technology Clear Black Display.
Dimensions - 113.5 x 59.1 x 12.9 mm, weight 135 g.
Body materials - anodized aluminum.
GSM and 3G support - 2G Network GSM 850/900/1800/1900, 3G Network HSDPA 850/900/1700/1900/2100
Sensors - light, proximity, accelerometer, magnetometer.
Built-in memory - 16Gb.
Camera - 12 MP, sensor 1 / 1.83, xenon flash, mechanical jam (the camera is turned on for 1-2 seconds). Samples of the photocan be downloaded here
Video codec support: DivX / XviD / MP4 / H.264 / H.263 / WMV.
FlashLight 4.0 - almost all Flash site elements work,Vkontakte video plays.
Connectors - hdmi, usb-host, charging 2 mm, audio output 3.5 mm. Video output is possible via hdmi and 3.5 mm input. Hdmi adapter included.
FM Transmitter - all sounds can be output on the radio (with the exception of telephone conversation for privacy reasons).
Stereo FM radio.
Support for recording a conversation from the line has remained and works even with a standard voice recorder.
ARM 11 680 mts processor and Media BCM 2727 processorDescription of the BCM 2727 and its capabilities Consider most of the operations in Symbian ^ 3 cheats precisely the Media Processor.

Key issues:
1) there is compatibility with Symbian ^ 1 applications (it’s safest to download from the Ovi Store), but some applications can cause instability and some have small bugs.
2) USB charging is, while the phone is charging, a small LED is on the side.
3) system of certificates in place - all the old instructions on how to get a certificate in place. No hacking yet, HelloOX is not working yet. I think that soon the version will appear.

The cap will be complemented and improved as the theme develops.

Posted on 09/30/2010 09:41 AM:

Accordingly, I am the first owner, gentlemen - ask questions, I will try to answer all: rolleyes:

Post has been editedjenjaman - 30.09.10, 09:41

Rep: (10)
WarBeast @ 10/01/2010 23:11*
This is not just a word about the kakraz at all, it needs 10 drops from a height of up to 2 meters, then it will be clear.

cool logic .. but oh well, everyone has their own understanding of the concept of quality and strength ...
benzinko @ 10/01/2010 23:01*
Another question. How long does the charge hold? in the load and without. And the daily pace of about (an hour of Internet (wifi / gprs), navigation for half an hour, music a bit)

umm, after one day of use, say yatzhelo, BUT was in use today (quite active is the hour of the gps, 10 minutes of telephone conversations, 10 minutes of watching the video, took a photo + video .. two hours of an Internet through gprs, and stupidly poked and set up the phone for yourself + about ten minutes bluetooth) and on coming home 40% of the battery charge is left .. and this is on the FIRST charge (for comparison, my n86 after the first charge was discharged after 5-6 hours of lying on the shelf almost to zero)
G_UNIT @ 10/01/2010, 11:07 PM*
A question to the device users, did they randomly add the function of assigning a melody to individual subscribers? as well as the call melody? Or maybe there is a program which is special?

uh ... there is no such thing in the standard (at least I have not found it)

Rep: (1043)
Owners are asked to test reproduction:
Here is an average rip:
1280x720, 23.976 fps
AVC, [email protected], CABAC, 9 ReFrames
A pair of tracks AC-3 - Russian 2.0 and original 5.1
A pair of subtitles (srt) - Russian, English
Sample (68Mb)http://rghost.ru/2791818

- Is it reproduced at all?)
- Are there any brakes?
- is there audio?
- Does it switch normally between two audio tracks?
- Do subtitles work?

there is a sound .. but I don’t have any pictures))) maybe I didn’t do it right try someone else ... I just threw it off like on a USB flash drive ... today not at home you can try to throw it through the house through Monday (Monday) ... also threw off avi, everything is in order with avi ...

Rep: (1043)
So the specifications do not lie:http://www.forum.nokia.com/Devices/Device_..ications/N8-00/
H.264 Baseline, Main & High profiles 3.1 30fps 14Mbps.

It’s bad, considering that with [email protected] there are a lot of rips of serials (although it’s a lot with 3.1 as well), but such information is usually not written anywhere ...

Rep: (150)
Orti,
A telephone is a thing that you wear, and if you are not a young man, then you just use it, sometimes it falls, for example, 5800 of your wife has nothing, my samsung too. This is an indicator. But the video with a stub (and nokii 10 years govon swim to this build quality), he crashed ... = (

Post has been editedWarbeast - 03.10.10, 01:12

Rep: (52)
NEV1 @ 10/02/2010 10:50*
Yes, and another question, is his compass function not built in?

yes built-in! : happy:

behindthedead @ 10/02/2010, 15:28*
It's sad: (If not all codecs and formats work adequately, it is very disappointing: (

Well, the Symba troika has just come out, usually with half a year, until the standard set of programs appears, then everything will fly, in any format. ;)

WarBeast @ 10/03/2010, 00:02*
(and nokii 10 years of govon swim to this build quality)

Do you know how what phone is assembled? Nokia perfectly assemble their phones, repairs are a pleasure, not just Samsung, everything is stuck together, every flexcable is soldered, and Nokia has connectors everywhere, Nokia has almost always metal frame, and Sony Ericsson or Samsung has plastic. In addition, the latest Nokia models like the N8 and E7 are an excellent indicator of not only quality but also stylish mobile design. I have not seen the E7 slider yet.

Rep: (18)
123 liters They write that he is very soft, at the same time hard. With the effort inserted into his phone.

Rep: (1)
Questions to owners and experts:

1) Is there a large amount of memory to write your words to the dictionary? (for t9)... For example, my n82 generally has a scanty memory for this, which is very annoying, right now I'm used to ...
2) When setting the alarm, does it show how much time is left before the alarm?Trifle, but I'm used to it
3) Is it possible to cut down the light sensor in the settings and set your own brightness level?He managed to catch a glimpse of the N8 in the flagship on Tverskaya, then he did not find this function ..
4)Not critical, but just interesting: in the flagship there were 3 sabzh, one icon on the desktop was at the top, the other at the bottom ... Is it somehow selected in the settings or it depends on the theme or something?

And what do you think, if in the morning (at 8 o'clock) go to Asya and correspond, well, medium, without fanaticism, and not very rarely, then how much charge is enough? In this case, the phone is connected to the network, everything else is cut down. In a day there can make 3-4 more photos ...

Rep: (116)
My review of the Nokia N8 is already final:
Part 1http://the-ultimate111.livejournal.com/28520.html
Part 2http://the-ultimate111.livejournal.com/28856.html
Part 3http://the-ultimate111.livejournal.com/29103.html
Parts 4thhttp://the-ultimate111.livejournal.com/29240.html
Parts 5thhttp://the-ultimate111.livejournal.com/29676.html
Part 6http://the-ultimate111.livejournal.com/29710.html

Comparison of photos - in the 6th part.

Geniuss7 @ 10/03/2010, 16:40*
1) Is there a large amount of memory to write your words to the dictionary?
The developers wrote that it is large enough, in any case, it is necessary to check ... Who often communicates by SMS, or ICQ.

2) When setting the alarm, does it show how much time is left before the alarm?
Actually, as always, it is written: happy:

3) Is it possible to cut down the light sensor in the settings and set your own brightness level?
Yes, in the settings you can do it, some items are hidden very far in the menu!

About the desktop, widgets are configured there, you can choose any place from the pre-installed ones! : yes:
As for the battery that the owner writesthe_ultimate111 -

Rep: (31)
jenjaman You did not connect your keyboard?

Bobyorchik, I connected the clave does not plow, but the mouse works !!! We need to check with the radio module from the set later (keyboard + mouse)

kutyan
Klava and mouse what? there was a video, Claudia Nokai SU-8W lekoy connected, and a Logitech mouse ...

Rep: (31)
kutyan bad, it would be better the other way around

1) Is there a large amount of memory to write your words to the dictionary? (for t9) ... For example, my n82 generally has a scanty memory for this, which is quite annoying, right now it's already used ... 2) When setting the alarm, does it show how much time is left before the signal? A trifle, but I'm used to it3) Is it possible to cut down the light sensor in the settings and set my brightness level? I managed to catch a glimpse of N8 in the flagship on Tverskaya, but I did not find this function then. is selected in the settings or depends on the theme or something?

1) mm, I don’t know where to look at it, I think so, yes)
2) shows very cool, the same used too really like it)
Sabirmarat @ 10/03/2010, 16:55*
Yes, in the settings you can do it, some items are hidden very far in the menu!

but I did not find, tell me where ??
4) each desktop is customized individually .. very convenient

sabirmarat usual usb for a computer, I want to insert a radio module from a Logitech kit

Rep: (15)
Guys, owners, please check the ability to synchronize with Google services. First of all, they are interested in: contacts and calendar, with mail, and so everything is clear.
As far as contacts are synchronized correctly, for example, in E51 for me they were backed up in Google. And according to the calendar, how is it displayed on the phone if you have several calendars in your Google account (now only E1 parent calendar is reflected in E51 and the subcalendars are not visible)?
Is it possible to set up synchronization by regular means?

Another question, on the next forum, it is advised to do a reset immediately after the purchase. "It is better to make H.R. 3 buttons 1. volume button to the top 2. menu 3. on Everything to press at the same time", Such a reset does not format the E drive on which the commercials and cards Hvi cost?

Post has been editedracoon - 04.10.10, 09:25
Reason for editing: Consolidated messages.

Sabirmarat @ 10/03/2010, 13:06*
Silicone case CC-1005 (only possible for pre-order). : yes2:

Silicon case, delivered as I know in the set only for Russia, in Germany, for example, these cases are not included in the box set (((
Ie, and with a pre-order, the silicone case could not be in the set.

Geniuss7 @ 10/03/2010, 14:40*
And what do you think, if in the morning (at 8 o'clock) go to Asya and correspond, well, medium, without fanaticism, and not very rarely, then how much charge is enough? In this case, the phone is connected to the network, everything else is cut down. In a day there can make 3-4 more photos ...

I received the phone on October 1, in the evening at 8 o'clock I charged it and now on October 3 half past five. Battery 10%. Yuzal a day several times, for an hour or two. on average about 5 hours a day.
(Music, photos, video on HDMI, video shooting and photo editing! Constant connection with home Wifi) In general, I liked the Battery! nearly 48 hours lasted from scratch with a relatively hard yuzaniya.

After a while I will lay out the Video, in the car with loud music, the microphones perfectly recorded the sound, without twisting and clattering.

Post has been editedWasjaHD - 03.10.10, 18:32

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/28/19, 09:02