Build a non-gaming PC / Computer for work | what components are better assembly tips

Rep: (1146)
Build a non-gaming PC / Computer for work

Attached Image

Attention!

How to ask to pick up the assembly
Dear visitors! When making an application for the selection of components for a PC, please indicate in your application:
  • How much do you expect
  • City where you live or shop is to order
  • Link to the store for orientation in prices and assortment
  • Local currency so as not to calculate the final amount at the rate
  • Tasks for which the PC is assembled, system requirements for the software, the work in which is supposed to be on this PC
  • Do I need a monitor. If there is a monitor -name his model
  • If there are any components that you want to leave in the PC - name their exact models.
    Without this information, it is impossible to select components.
The application should look like this:

"Please pick up accessories for the PC. The budget for the purchase of 50,000 rubles \ hryvnia \ yuan. Shop XXX, city YYY. "
PC is needed to work in Sony Vegas \ Photoshop \ 3dMax (etc)
There is a Cooler Master Elite 331 case and a Dell P2317H monitor

Application type:
"Hello guys! Throw me a little collection so that everything flies"or "What can be collected for 50,000?"and similar contentwill be ignored.
It is also recommended that you familiarize yourself with the ready-made configuration options that are placed in the topic header.

Save your and our time. Thank you for understanding!
Utility
Configuration options
  • Assemblies are exploratory in nature.
  • These build patterns reflectapproximate combinationperformance / price, taking into account the compatibility and reliability of components.
  • All components of the following templates100% compatible.
  • Based on one of the templates, you can assemble the same or similar configuration in the desired store.
  • If you will build a PC with components that are different from those shown in the templates,make sure they are compatible. This is especially true of the motherboard and processor.
  • If it is necessary to assemble a PC in another currency, leave a request on the forum indicatinglocal shopsandlocal currency. This is necessary for orientation in the range and prices when choosing components.
Attention! Despite the fact that assemblies are constantly updated, prices may be irrelevant due to the unstable exchange rate.

Topics on the choice of components

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedKOT-BE3DEXOD - 20.08.18, 11:22

Rep: (276)
Death @ 08.08.06 10:21:23
5 raid on 3 disks - dead poultice. One disk flew out - raid lay down.

Raid went to bed, but the infa remained.
Reading speed is 2 times higher?

Linear read speed Since simultaneously read different sectors of the same file. Record as on one screw.

Added @ 24.08.2006, 09:27

Here I have about 100 gigs of information I need insanely.

In such cases, you can duplicate it on another screw.

Added @ 24.08.2006, 09:28

If in 0 + 1 one disk falls, then raid too. Still re-configure.

Rep: (97)
JDima ,
not. if a screw falls out of the mirror, the second works on it as a complete copy of the first one.
Checked
We before installing the servers rack torment them to the last.
Hard on hot take out, etc. So 10 Raid functions when you take out one hard and raid 1 if you cover one hard - it also works.
That is, I connect the screw of other characteristics and drain it onto it and can use it. and so I have to look for another hard one.

QUOTE (Death @ 08/24/06 10:21:23)
Reading speed is 2 times higher?

Linear read speed Since simultaneously read different sectors of the same file. Record as on one screw.

So good where the linear velocity? In raid 1 or 0, just by post is not clear. if 0 then how does this relate to waste when using RAID 1?

QUOTE (Death @ 08/24/06 10:21:23)
Here I have about 100 gigs of information I need insanely.

In such cases, you can duplicate it on another screw.

Attention - Question!
And if you still use another screw, then why not use mirroring.

PS cut in a separate topic plz. And then we somehow distracted from the discussion of the bundle.

Death @ 08.08.06 10:56:34
So good where the linear velocity? In raid 1 or 0, just by post is not clear. if 0 then how does this relate to waste when using RAID 1?

If raid 0, then read and write speeds are 2 times faster, the volume is equal to twice the volume of the smaller disk. In raid 1, the read speed is 2 times higher, the record is the same, the volume is equal to the smaller one. That is, lost and write speed, and volume.
Do you drive often? After all, if it costs 1, then you can buy another screw and arrange a raid 5 (it will only be hemo with pumping data). Then the speed and volume are 2 times. And reliability is on top.
Attention - Question!
And if you still use another screw, then why not use mirroring.

Somehow I did not think about it ...
PS cut in a separate topic plz. And then we somehow distracted from the discussion of the bundle.

So it is still helpful for a person to learn about the advantages and disadvantages of different types of disk systems.

Rep: (143)
JDima ,
So it is still helpful for a person to learn about the advantages and disadvantages of different types of disk systems.

I'm already confused at the end ...

I'm already confused at the end ...

In short. Hemorrhoid is not needed - take one disk (for example, 400 gigs). Needed - you take two disks of the same capacity. Next, there are 2 options.
1) Combine them in RAID0 - the capacity is summed up, the linear speed of reading and writing is exactly 2 times higher than if one by one. But if one disk fails - all the information is gone.
2) In RAID1, the capacity does not stack (that is, you take 2 to 200, you get 200), the read speed is 2 times higher, the write speed is the same. If one screw breaks - do not care, all the data is in place.
IMHO for the home, there are only these raids.

Added @ 24.08.2006, 10:17

Raid 0 is also called striping, 1 - mirror.

JDima @ 08.24.06 11:05:04
Do your drives fly often?

Once is more than enough.

JDima @ 08.24.06 11:05:04
After all, if it costs 1, then you can buy another screw and arrange a raid 5 (only there will be a hemo with data pumping). Then the speed and volume are 2 times. And reliability is on top.

Well, how is it that I will arrange the 5th raid on two disks and how will it differ from stripe?

Death @ 08.24.06 11:39:28
Well, how is it that I will arrange the 5th raid on two disks and how will it differ from stripe?

Not by 2, but by 3. The first 2 stripes, the third parity for each bit. Losing anyone is unimportant.

Rep: (262)
Thanks for the topic. I read it, I also decided to upgrade my computer myself. The question just appeared, do you need a 64-bit version of the OS for the Core 2 Duo?

Kostja_V @ 08.24.06 12:05:59
for Core 2 Duo need a 64 bit version of the OS?

Of course not!

Added @ 24.08.2006, 11:10

In 64-bit mode, he loses his margin from the atlons a bit. But what normal person constantly uses 64?

Added @ 24.08.2006, 11:12

Death @ 08.24.06 11:39:28
Once is more than enough.

Once in what time? Which drive (company at least)? How long did he work?

Added @ 24.08.2006, 11:16

People, nevertheless I can advise you to wait a bit with an upgrade, soon new cores will appear, with a larger multiplier (that is, the effect of overclocking will be greater). E6400 for example. There initially about 2.1 GHz versus 1.8 at 6300. It is possible to overclock more. Now all the problems are in mothers - most cannot work at a base frequency of more than 400. Even at maximum voltage on the north bridge. And to buy SUCH processors and not drive them at least a little is nonsense. They chase excellently.

JDima ,
the screws were all and all.
The one from which they extracted info for crazy money - WD some kind. He worked no more than three months.
And so the statistics for 3 months
1) Seagate - 2 pcs. The lifespan of both is not more than 4 months. from different parties. 7200.7 covered with bads. Lie for warranty
2) some kind of Hitachi. Well, it looks like he’s somewhere 1.6

At home, there is still a living screw of IBM DTLA which then the whole party died out. It works and all that

Once at a time is not necessary.

Death Well, I have no irreplaceable information ...

Rep: (262)
JDima ,
Please express your opinion on the GeForce 7950 GX2 BP (Black Pearl) video card. I saw her immediately fell in love: blink:.

Added @ 24.08.2006, 14:10

In general, the percentage of E6400 is worth taking?

Post has been editedKostja_V - 24.08.06, 14:16

Rep: (277)
jdima in conroy fell in love and for good reason. You can only take it now. and only 2 nuclear. my choice is e6600. and cache more. and the multiplier is higher. and the price is not so off scale.
video card. In a month, ATI will release x1950xhh, and Nvidia 7950gt. which will cause a fall in prices. and the best choice and the most productive will be x1900xt / xxx. the price is somewhere 12,000.
motherboard. I respect only dfi and so much that dear asus.
RAM. corsair, ocz, patriot.
I personally would wait half a year for a shift. and would have already bought r600 from ati with dx10 support. because The computer is taken not for six months, but for one and a half. and everything that comes out will be new under dx10.
as for the power supply, they have already said that a powerful one is needed and it is better to take at least 520W fcentrer.ru was a good test article new bp.
good body is also needed. 2 fans on 120mm will drive the air well and quietly.
do not forget a good cooler. type tonic tower.
read the statistics of overclocking conroy and choose which copes better.

vorken
read the statistics of overclocking conroy and choose which copes better.

I most likely will not overclock ... And how much do expensive Asus motherboards cost?

Rep: (277)
IMHO, Conroy without acceleration - money down the drain.
jdima on the previous page wrote a complete set. that motherboard there. prices in the region of 6000.
But again, it’s worth waiting for the motherboard based on rd600 from ATI. This will be the best solution for the Conroy. because 975 is outdated, and 965 is the middle class.

vorken ,
So it turns out new clothes to wait for Christmas? : huh:

Vorken @ 08.24.06 18:01:33
and it’s better to take at least 520 watts

It’s not easy to find them. Yes and no need.
PEKTIN @ 08.24.06 18:04:42
I most likely will not overclock ... And how much do expensive Asus motherboards cost?

Stupidity. If you can get 150% stable performance without adding anything, then why not? And the mother is from 150 to 250. The one I indicated is oriented towards overclocking. There, even in the BIOS, there are settings for lamers - 5%, 10% and so on. Itself knows how to accelerate it to the limit during peak loads, the rest of the time to reduce the frequency and multiplier. On the remote control, there seems to be a button for it, when pressed, the system unit will quiet down - the speed of the screw will decrease, and so on, you can raise the volume, pause. Very comfortable and unique thing. In addition, mom supports future 4-core. In general, not for a year or two.
IMHO, Conroy without acceleration - money down the drain.

I completely agree. Without overclocking, cheaper stumps and athletes can beat him.
because i975 out of date

Not really. Depends on the mother. P5W DH deluxe will not become obsolete for a couple of years at least. Until a new socket is invented.
Vorken @ 08.24.06 18:01:33
my choice is e6600. and cache more. and the multiplier is higher. and the price is not so off scale.

It is much more expensive. And cache has little effect on performance - a fact. At least, konroev. My choice is E6400. Perhaps I will take it if it appears in the coming days. If not, it doesn't matter.

JDima
Yes, I just once dispersed my former Athlone, and he burned down ... now I am overclocking and afraid. : D

Yes, I just once dispersed my former Athlone, and he burned down ... now I am overclocking and afraid.

Athletes are outdated. Cor is colder and faster.

Added @ 24.08.2006, 17:43

Especially Athlon never overclock in half. And the bark and two - just spit. His mother only holds back.

JDima ,
Thanks for the advice ... Now I’m reading the Cows test from 3Dnews ...

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/01/19 14:17