Build a non-gaming PC / Computer for work | what components are better assembly tips

Rep: (1146)
Build a non-gaming PC / Computer for work

Attached Image

Attention!

How to ask to pick up the assembly
Dear visitors! When making an application for the selection of components for a PC, please indicate in your application:
  • How much do you expect
  • City where you live or shop is to order
  • Link to the store for orientation in prices and assortment
  • Local currency so as not to calculate the final amount at the rate
  • Tasks for which the PC is assembled, system requirements for the software, the work in which is supposed to be on this PC
  • Do I need a monitor. If there is a monitor -name his model
  • If there are any components that you want to leave in the PC - name their exact models.
    Without this information, it is impossible to select components.
The application should look like this:

"Please pick up accessories for the PC. The budget for the purchase of 50,000 rubles \ hryvnia \ yuan. Shop XXX, city YYY. "
PC is needed to work in Sony Vegas \ Photoshop \ 3dMax (etc)
There is a Cooler Master Elite 331 case and a Dell P2317H monitor

Application type:
"Hello guys! Throw me a little collection so that everything flies"or "What can be collected for 50,000?"and similar contentwill be ignored.
It is also recommended that you familiarize yourself with the ready-made configuration options that are placed in the topic header.

Save your and our time. Thank you for understanding!
Utility
Configuration options
  • Assemblies are exploratory in nature.
  • These build patterns reflectapproximate combinationperformance / price, taking into account the compatibility and reliability of components.
  • All components of the following templates100% compatible.
  • Based on one of the templates, you can assemble the same or similar configuration in the desired store.
  • If you will build a PC with components that are different from those shown in the templates,make sure they are compatible. This is especially true of the motherboard and processor.
  • If it is necessary to assemble a PC in another currency, leave a request on the forum indicatinglocal shopsandlocal currency. This is necessary for orientation in the range and prices when choosing components.
Attention! Despite the fact that assemblies are constantly updated, prices may be irrelevant due to the unstable exchange rate.

Topics on the choice of components

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedKOT-BE3DEXOD - 20.08.18, 11:22

Rep: (97)
Pektin ,
I do not want to arrange another holy war. Intel vs AMD but
1) AMD price tag is disproportionately smaller.
AMD 3800 - 140 Green
Pentium 3400 - 200 green.

Questions? Doubts?

Under AMD take 939 soket

Rep: (276)
PEKTIN @ 08/23/06 6:58:55
In short, I want to update the video card, processor, motherboard, memory and hard drive ... So, offer your options, but do not forget about the budget ...

Definitely take your mom on a 965 chipset or 975, but with Conroe support. Well, you can immediately take the E6300, the youngest model of the series, which makes it like an infant without overclocking AMD x2 3800+, and with acceleration (1.5-2 times with air cooling), it is already top AMD. The budget is likely to fit. Well, the memory needs 2 strips of 512 DDR2 533 in dual channel, and the disks are in the raid: rolleyes: This is how you get the brutal performance for little money.

Added @ 23.08.2006, 10:28

Pentiums and AMD do not take, they are already outdated. Slow, very hot ... Especially since the budget allows the conroy to buy.

Added @ 23.08.2006, 10:30

Well, forget the measure video card performance megabytes. A good option - prices :) Well, ideally - the bandwidth of the memory bus and pipelines.

Added @ 23.08.2006, 10:31

And further. Now there is a mighty decline in prices for all Pentium and AMD. So, if the budget goes down, you can wait.

Added @ 23.08.2006, 10:33

Go to 3dnews.ru, IXBT.ru, overclockers.ru and read about core 2. I especially liked the article "Core 2: shock and awe" :)

Rep: (143)
JDima
Well, forget the measure video card performance megabytes. A good option - pricing Well, ideally - bandwidth memory bus and pipelines.

QUESTION: Then what video card should I take? : huh:

Pektin first.

Rep: (118)
POLL: then what video card to take?

how many people, so many opinions! Try to solve it yourself, and take the one you need. ;)

saan00 ,
I understand in this case, uh, full brake, so I ask people who know ...: rolleyes:

Saan00 @ 08/23/06 11:45:27
how many people, so many opinions!

With this choice, IMHO, we must take not nouneym, which can immediately burn, but something decent.

Rep: (8)
Wait a bit, I heard that there will be a global change.
Before the new year, do not take anything

Pektin Do you really need such a card? IMHO take that weaker and screw poemche (for example).

p.b @ 08/23/06 11:49:39
Wait a bit, I heard that there will be a global change.
Before the new year, do not take anything

This is good advice, but wait half a year ... Yes, then all processors will become cheaper, AMD will probably release another stone, which with a bang will be broken off by bark ...

JDima
Do you really need such a map? IMHO take that weaker and screw poemche (for example).

Yes, I got tired of playing on the computer at the minimum settings ... I want everything to be beautiful ...: D And screw? And I scored 160GB of my little more than half, so 250-300GB will be the most aircraft ...

Pektin , such a card is enough for a long time ...

JDima ,
Me to the year 1.5-2 then do not touch anything ...

Rep: (288)
I have vidyuha GeForce 7800GTX, so I advise you, not so old;)

Added @ 23.08.2006, 11:16

ShamanKing ,
DX 10 wakes up exclusively for Windows Vista, eh apyat will have to reinstall to the new year, damn

Rep: (320)
Pektin ,

And so most likely it will turn out. All the bells and whistles for Dx10, will be implemented only in top-end solutions for now. Yes, and in the games will not yet be intensively applied. Manufacturers, however, are very consumer oriented. Releasing a supergame game does not have a deeper meaning. Buy it only 2-3 percent of the potential market. It is easier to release anything that is less sophisticated, but it will go at least in 40% of users.

CPU which recommendedJDima , too long enough for ordinary needs. My old Prescot P4 overclocked to 3.3 still pleases with performance. Only the reptile is warming up that your boiler :) It was necessary to strengthen the cooling system.

You will take the system to pay attention to the power supply. Many take it as they say on the surrender, but it is a very important component of the system. Watt 400-450 and normal manufacturer. It will cost of course, but in the end it will justify itself.

ShamanKing
Watt 400-450 and normal manufacturer.

And which manufacturer?

ShamanKing @ 08/23/06 12:15:03
The processor that JDima recommended is also long enough for ordinary needs.

Not just for ordinary. Just for now, only one model is there, the faster ones are stuck at customs. Well, overclocking is doubled - by percents even the voltage should not be increased, and it almost does not heat up. But the mother at such speeds almost suffocates, it is necessary to put additional cooling on the north bridge and increase the voltage to the maximum. Initially, the E6300 has a frequency of 1.8 GHz. It seems a little. Acceleration to 3 allows it to do all extreme Pentium and even older AMD FX-6 * (slightly overclocked). Well, then you can replace the older model.

Added @ 23.08.2006, 11:30

I forgot to say, the E6300 can be bought for about 230 (then the price will fall). Mother, which will allow you to squeeze the maximum out of it, the same.

JDima ,
Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 1066MHz bus processor
  Price: 6 620 rub.

SPECIFICATIONS *

Intel Manufacturer
Core 2 Duo E6300 Model
64 bits wide
Core conroe
The process technology 0.065
Socket Socket-775
Real Frequency / PR Rating 1.86 GHz
1 GHz Bus
Cache L1 16 Kb
Cache L2 2 x 1024 Kb
SIMD SSE, SSE2, SSE3, EVP (Enhanced Virus Protection), Intel Virtualization Technology

Did you mean this processor?

PEKTIN @ 08/23/06 12:36:52
Did you mean this processor?

Yes.

Added @ 23.08.2006, 11:40

Looking at its frequency is just as stupid as it is at AMD frequencies.
The L2 stripped down from 4 to 2 megs affects the performance very little, from 0 to 5%.

Rep: (277)
The video is worth the wait. in September ati will release x1950, and nvidia

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/31/19 6:44