Programming for Windows Phone / Windows 10 Mobile | Questions and answers

Rep: (195)
Attached Image

FAQ
1.Question: And who can explain how to work with the memory of the phone? For example, open and save files, create folders, etc.?
Answer: Work with a piece of phone memory which is a sandbox for the program.
http://blog.zwezdin.com/ru/201

2.Question: But do not tell me how to get the source code of the site page?
Answer: Normal GET request.

3.Question: By the way, who knows what about the native code? Something said before about the possibility of using COM.
Answer: Only OEMs can interact with unmanaged code.

4.Question: How to register (or whatever) the settings page so that you can see in Settings in Application Settings?
Answer: At the moment, no, use a separate page in your application.

5.Question: Tell me, how can a XNA application add a text file or a file with parameters to the resources (not the application settings), and then read it in the program?
Answer: I use Application.GetResourceStream in my project. This method returns a StreamResourceInfo, from there you can pull the stream through the Stream property. But I'm afraid that with XNA this will not work, although for both of them Application is a static class, but it's worth a try. And yes, the main thing in the properties of the file itself is to put Build Mode on Content.
Here is an example of use:
var stream = Application.GetResourceStream (new Uri (path_to_file_of_relative_package, UriKind.Relative)). Stream;

6.Question: How do I make a block with large text? A simple TextBlock displays only one line.
Answer: Just set the TextWrap property = Wrap

7.Question: Is there something like a device name or owner name in WP7? By analogy with WM 6.5 (CurrentUser \ ControlPanel \ Owner Name key)
Answer: Not a name, but a unique identifier, moreover, an anonymous one (not according to Senka's head, a simple developer knows the name of the user)
string id = UserExtendedProperties.GetValue ("ANID") as string;
string realid = id.Substring (2, 32); // otherwise it will be non-unique

8.Question: How easy is it to break WP7 application (* .xap)? Applications written in .net, for example, are edited in a notebook, a separate software, you can view the source code.
Answer: Relatively easy to install on unlocked device

9.Question: Are there any ways to protect the code? By analogs with obfuskatsii in C #.
Answer: The same obfuscation works on WP7. Preemptive Dofuscator from version 4.9 can obfustsirovat whole XAP.

10.Question: Where and how best to store the application settings? On WM 6.5 I used a ready-made class for working with ini files, the configuration file was stored in the program folder.
Answer: IsolatedStorageSettings or Isolated Storage. The first option is preferable for small data, because serialized to XML.

11.Question: Is it possible to realize the sale of applications without AppHub? I would like to start selling "locally" first, say, based on linking the serial number to any PDA parameter
Answer: The non-advanced user (and most of them) will send the forest. "I have to 'unlock' the device with a perverted method, it's unclear to download, which is not clear from where, and it is also not clear where to pay ?????"

12.Question: Why when using WebClient my application hangs, even on a separate thread.
Answer: The current implementation of the WebClient runs in the application's UI thread. Use HttpWebRequest.

Open source software
IE Search Switcher - Fast switching search engines

useful links

Post has been editedKoteiko - 06.12.15, 13:04
Reason for editing: Topic name

Rep: (3)
* Grand_leMon,
Sorry for offtopic, but why did you get a phone with a dead system?

Rep: (496)
* PTolkachev, that's what! There man re-search 2 and produced: D A good, would make a replica of the first Apple, "lamp and wooden." But copy shitty sovokovuyu crafts for IBM XT ...

Post has been editedsensboston - 09.10.17, 03:46

Rep: (167)
* PTolkachev,
Mastering a new platform, tired of android

Greetings Such a thing: I found FTP servers, a github client, too, was left for complete happiness and IDE to find ... It’s always uncomfortable to carry a laptop with you, and thoughts sometimes come in the open air, somewhere on the bus, so always get a laptop not comme il faut: D advise any IDE for Windows Mobile :) Thanks in advance: thank_you:

Rep: (496)
* Grand_leMon, Only Remote Desktop / VNC / Team Viewer on a regular PC. No VS running on the arm.

* sensboston,
: angry:, I understand, thank you for the answer. I will add to the list of applications that need to be written for wp, maybe something will come out of this ...

Rep: (376)
I understand that the question may no longer be relevant, but does anyone have problems with updating applications?
In the devcentre, there is some kind of hanging next, but I don’t understand its meaning.
The main problem: threw the beta version to the stop. Status - everything is already published. I go from the phone and try to download it - the old version is downloaded. Yes, and on the page with the description the date of the last update is indicated old.

Rep: (139)
* 0vZ,
Friday's load, when this “plate” was already there, the store was in about three hours. But Sunday is still "certified."

It seems that there are problems with the programs under the top ten - the old eight-grams are installed without problems, and the new ones are hanging. Charm!

Post has been editedDkmS - 19.12.17, 01:07

Rep: (1)
Guys, how to properly port applications from iOS to Windows 10 Mobile?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/27/19 5:50 PM