Samsung GT-S8500 / 8530 - Firmware | Wave / Wave II

Rep: (122)
FirmwareSamsung GT-S8500 / 8530
Attached ImageWave / Wave II
Samsung Wave DescriptionlDiscussion пїЅlFirmware пїЅ | Topics пїЅ | FAQ l Widgets пїЅ l Purchase пїЅ | GPS пїЅ | Android пїЅ | Bada OS 2.0 - FAQ пїЅ

OFFICIAL FIRMWARE GT-S8500

OFFICIAL FIRMWARE GT-S8530

BADA + ANDROID
Bada OS XXJL2
Firmware Version:
- Bada OS XXJL2 (With Russian languages).
- Android 2.2 (With Russian interface, but with en keyboard).

Description:
1. BadaOS XXJL2 - A completely clean version of the firmware, with an integrated Android image in the phone's memory. After flashing, 93 megabytes is free on the phone.
Removed:
- Standard games.
- Standard pictures.
- Many standard tunes.

2. Android 2.2 - in general, everything works except: a modem, GPS, recognition of battery charge and accelerometer.

All actions you take at your own risk, the author does not bear any responsibility.

Actually the firmware itself:

Download: Android + Bada OS Beta 2
MD5:

Important!
1. Before flashing: charge the phone at 100%.
Flashing time: 10-15 minutes.

Stitch according to the instructions.

After the firmware, to install Android, you need:

1. Turn off the phone.
2. Press the key combination (Reset call + Diamond + Volume up).

Next comes the installation, no need to touch anything. In this state, you can not press anything on the phone and get the battery!
You need to wait until the phone turns itself off!

3. After the phone turned off. You can run Android:
holding down the following shortcut (Call + Reset call)

Actually that's all. Now you have Android + Bada OS.
Thanks for attention...

Modified by: Dmitry Zheleznyak. (Concurrently Damba).

Flescher

SYNCHRONIZATION PHONE WITH PC
SAMSUNG Kies
Full version: Kies 2.2.0.12014_18_8 (03/08/2012)

Download: letitbit.net

SAMSUNG Kies
Full version: Kies 2.3.2.12054_18_2 (05/30/2012)

SAMSUNG Kies
Full version: Kies 2.3.2.12054_19_1

XP USB driver

Download: Attached fileUSB_Driver_XP.rar (619.89 KB)

SERVICE CODES
*#0*# - menu testing "iron" (HW module Test).

*#1234# - showing the phone firmware version (SW Version).

*#7412359# - engineering menu.

*#5239870*# - admin menu

*#06# - show IMEI phone (unique international identifier for mobile equipment).

*#1111# - showing the software version (revision) (FTA SW Version).

*#2222# - showing the version (revision) of the hardware (FTA HW Version).

*#0842# - vibration test.

*#0289# - test dynamics.

*#0782# - showing hours.

*#0228# - display information about the battery.

*#232337# - showing Bluetooth MAC address.

*#197328640# - service (engineering) debugging menu, where tuning and testing of various parts of the device are performed.

*#0002*28346# - press the "Back" button several times and get into the service (engineering) debugging menu.

*#03# - unique number.

*#0011# - information on cellular communication.

*#7465625# - personalization status, check for SIM lock.

*#5239870*# - Administration mode:

*#27236*# - Pre-configuration: Administration mode

*#7092463*# - Internal mode: Administration mode

*#36287# - Camera Firmware update - Press 3 then wait for 4 min

INSTRUCTIONS
Attached fileGT_S8500_Manual_RU.pdf(3.23 MB)
- User Guide (Russian).

Attached fileS8500_firmware_write.pdf(439.41 KB)
- Manual for firmware S8500 (Russian).

Attached fileGT_S8500_Training_Manual_SW.pdf(806.86 KB)
- S8500 firmware manual (English).

Attached fileService_Manual_GT_S8500.pdf(3 MB)
- Service manual.

Update phone firmware, without losing data using MultiLoader:
Attention! Before starting the firmware, be sure to save all data in the phone (files, contacts, calendar, notes, etc.).

Attention! Before starting the update, be sure to read these instructions several times so that unforeseen unforeseen situations arise.

Instruction:

Successively perform all the steps described in the instructions using MultiLoader, except for the Following:

4 the item must be ticked in the item Lsi - for S8500 / S8530, BRCM2153 - for S5380D, and BRCM2133 - for S5250 / S5330 / S5750 / S7280.
In pointBoot change and Full Download tick is not necessary !!!

5 item in the instructions to include all the following files:
Amss - amss.bin (for S5250 / S5330 / S5750 / S7280 it may not be)
Apps - apps_compressed.bin
Rsrc1 - Rsrc file with * .rc1 extension
Rsrc2 - Rsrc2 file with * .rc2 extension (if there are 2 of them, select Low)
CSC - CSC file with the appropriate extension
SHP APP - ShpApp.app file

Attention! Do not connect the folder Boot and File Factory FS

Attached Image

10 ways to save battery on BADA 2.0
How to reset a password
Firmware, instructions - all in one place

Attention!
Submitted material is unofficial! In case of unsuccessful firmware or destruction of the device, the author of the software and the Administration of the resource of responsibility are not responsible!
All actions are performed at your own risk!

Post has been editedklich007 - 25.04.17, 17:31
Reason for editing: firmware, instructions on one disk

Rep: (32)
Update via Kisa from XEJF5 to XEJH4 in normal (not test Ctrl-Alt-u-p) mode works!
All update took about 10 minutes.
Kisa 1.5.3.10075_17

Post has been editedmonitor7 - 29.08.10, 19:18

Rep: (16)
My Kies is not updated -This device version is not updateable. -

Rep: (31)
Can you update the firmware at home officially? How much software is available for this platform? And with what firmware it is better to buy what to check when buying?

Rep: (72)
DAskeza @ 29.8.10, 21:50*
I do not update through Kies - This version of the device is not subject to updating -

Try running the ctrl + alt + u + p button at the same time when the firmware update window is running. This is a test mode. In it, the firmware appears. I was bored, very pleased, because the glitch disappeared - a blue screen when exiting some applications. Some more shoals fixed. There is nothing especially new, only some games have appeared in Java.

! Science! @ 29.8.10, 22:11*
People tell me you saw in the internet that the wave seems to allow you to dial a number from the lock mode by drawing a character on the screen. I shuffled my entire device, but this option was not found. Maybe someone knows how to do it ??? Tell me pliz.
It was in a test sample, and then removed. Nope

metro2 @ 29.8.10, 22:32*
Can you update the firmware at home officially? How much software is available for this platform? And with what firmware it is better to buy what to check when buying?

It seems as possible in Russia from today. While test mode. Semi-official so to speak. Soon apparently normal will turn on. Software is not too much. Useful, except for games, very little. :) Games are good, paid, for 50 rubles. :) A lot of things are already pre-installed. The firmware, taking into account the possibility of updating, apparently does not play a special role. Check - screen first. Some had spots on the oleophobic coating. Someone has a lock of buttons, I have not seen this.

Post has been editedkukuruz - 29.08.10, 21:31

Rep: (75)
DAskeza @ 29.8.10, 19:50*
I do not update through Kies - This version of the device is not subject to updating -

Now what is the firmware worth?

Rep: (72)
Vaxus @ 30.8.10, 1:22*
PS I asked about the version because even when I pressed this combination of keys and a non-standard version of the firmware (I had F7), kis will not update.

In fact, the update is available only for owners of older firmware from the same country, specifically the new Russian one is available for those who have Russian F2 or F5. However, you can bypass it and flash the gray phone. I quote from another forum.

Instructions for those who have a gray Wave.
1. Start Kies, connect the phone.
2. Go to the firmware update, change to test mode (ctrl + alt + u + p)
3. Close the firmware update window. Kies do not close, do not turn off the phone.
4. Go to the Windows registry, go to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Samsung \ Kies \ DeviceDB \ 3
5. Change the parameter "ProductCode" so my Polish phone was "GT-S8500HKAXEO", change to "GT-S8500HKASER"
6. In Kies, open the firmware update window and update!
Based on this, it turns out that despite the kies firmware, it determines for which country the phone is. Apparently reads IMEI

©Strike01

Casket with the firmware / regions and KIES is still opened.
Substituting a couple of values ​​in the esstra found out -
KIES determines which firmware to download (for which region and with which languages) by ProductCode, or rather by the last 3 characters of this line. The same region code that is used in the preconfiguration.
Further, the current firmware version is taken from the HIDSWVER key.
It is possible to update only standard FW / CSC combinations, the substitution of a non-existent (but entitled to life) firmware version gives 'this version cannot be updated'.

So you can download what we need, and not what KIES wants.
To fill the last Ukrainian set
ProductCode = GT-S8500BAASEK, HIDSWVER = S8500XXJF7 / S8500OXEJG1
To fill the latest Russian version do
ProductCode = GT-S8500BAASER, HIDSWVER = S8500XEJF5 / S8500SERJF5
For Russia, we additionally enter test mode, and oppa - JF8 is available for Ukraine and JH4 for Russia.
You can also install any European / Asian firmware, but why should we?
P.S. the keys are stored in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Samsung \ Kies \ DeviceDB \", then we find the necessary subsection (in which there is a parameter Type = Phone) and change the required values ​​when the phone is connected and KIES is running.

©kayot

DAskeza @ 30.8.10, 2:23*
Is it necessary to change? It seems the tracks do not interfere

Your case, do not change. :)

Rep: (75)
Kukuruz @ 30.8.10, 0:42*
Instructions for those who have a gray Wave.

I do not have gray (PCT, Korean, everything), experimented, so to speak, tried other versions ... however, I didn’t see the info about the downgrade only when I started a rollback. BUT, here I am picking the JH4

Posted on 08/29/2010 23:50:

DAskeza @ 30.8.10, 0:45*
and what it threatens, spots that is?

for
DAskeza @ 29.8.10, 23:18*
neat person

Nothing, this coating reduces screen contamination, less sticking dirt

Rep: (16)
Finally, it was done through Kies, let's see what happens next, by the way, someone said that Bada 1.0.2 will be written in the properties of the device, I still have 1.0

Rep: (0)
Hello to all forum users!
Bought yesterday wave, as it turned out, gray. Firmware S8500XXJEB.
It turns out that you can flash a gray phone.
1) What is better to flash? S8500XEJF5 Russian or S8500XXJF7 European. What are the advantages with JF7?
2) Will the European version of the Russian language? Or should it somehow be added in a cunning way?
3) Do you need to flash all versions in turn or can you immediately jump to 5th or 7th from revision B?

Thanks in advance for the answers!

Rep: (407)
Something through Kies is not sewn. Like shamanil, the buttons specified at the same time were pinched. Well, I don’t want, and that's it.

Rep: (2)
Finally, it was done through Kies, let's see what happens next, by the way, someone said that Bada 1.0.2 will be written in the properties of the device, I still have 1.0

I did the same, so I am also interested.

To fill the last Ukrainian set
ProductCode = GT-S8500BAASEK, HIDSWVER = S8500XXJF7 / S8500OXEJG1

As a result, flashing firmware named s8500xxjf8. QUESTIONS:
1. Judging by the description in the header, you first need to put f7 and then update further, but Kisa immediately flashed to F8, is this normal? (Kisa no longer connects the phone in Kies mode, thinks for a long time and does not see it all the same. The phone says "connected".)
2. Sewed less than 10 minutes, is this normal? With the firmware, the desktop wallpaper and all applications are preserved, should it be so?

Rep: (13)
I stitched my phone from F2 to H4 through kitt in test mode, until I noticed any serious differences.

Rep: (131)
maxim skin,
Are there any serious ones? :)

Rep: (1)
something dancing with tambourines does not work
I replace it in the registry when Kies is on and the product wave is connected to the GT-S8500HKASER
HIDSWVER and already S8500XEJF5 / S8500SERJF5, no need to change anything
and nothing changes - still "This version of the device cannot be updated"
PS test mode, of course, activated
phone french

UPD read here that the test mode was recently closed again. well, let's wait)

Post has been editedvukkabilli - 31.08.10, 23:03

Similarly, I can not flash it, I bought it in a fink.
changed everything that was necessary, but he still writes is not subject to updating.
what opinions will be? : happy:

Rep: (407)
Good afternoon! Give plz a link to F5, I didn’t find it in the cap. They say a dictaphone from the line is talking.

Rep: (3543)
aleksandrs
Added a link to it in the header.

Rep: (10)
Hello everyone, help people who can. The essence is as follows:
installed xp sp3 from scratch, installed the kies, the phone sees, the firewood all got fine, the kies immediately writes that there is a firmware update, the firmware downloads fine, no problem, but when it comes to the firmware, the kies thinks for about a minute and then gives out: an unexpected firmware error upgrade is not possible; restore firmware? "I choose yes - it starts to download again, and I ask all over again. I’m an official Ukrainian phone, firmware xxjf4, I use a 3g modem for the Internet. I haven’t tried it yet, whoever I encountered help, what am I doing wrong. There’s already not enough nerves

Good day, experts!

The bottom line: how to add the Russian layout to the non-Russian firmware?
In the firmware, while everything suits, I do not want to tempt fate.

Firmware Version: S8500XXJEE

Bought officially in Italy, where they use it. But the need russ. There are still letters.

Thank you in advance.

Rep: (3)
Began to update through Kies. A minute after the start, an "unexpected firmware error" appeared, the proposal to restore, again thinks a minute and everything repeats. Kies phone is lost. I had to pull out the cable and ... it looks like the body was killed.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/11/19, 9:47 p.m.