Screen replacement on HTC Desire

Rep: (11)
Do not get published HabrГ©, even if there appears :) The good work is done, maybe someone will benefit. Spread fully nakalyakanuyu article unchanged.

Programmer Delphi + SQL, I live in Moscow, fond of mobile devices began with Palms, and now life is allowed to get to the top models. At one time I engaged in aikido, but that's not so long ago for lack of time left him. Married, grows a wonderful son.
In my life, mobile devices have become part of seven years ago. Then my device was the Sony SJ-20 - PDA PalmOS platform. However, I have it did not last long, and during that time I was able to try different models on the PalmOS, and later on Windows Mobile. After the appearance on the market of Android OS, I set about trying to buy a device on this new platform, but the experience required to wait, because as soon as new systems would have to act as a beta-tester, which did not want to. Three months ago, I realized that it was time to buy a new toy. The choice fell on the HTC Desire. After reading the article on the HabrГ©, as well as on other sites, I ordered a machine, in a shop in the UK. After waiting three weeks, I became the proud owner of an unknown little animals. But misfortune catch me: on the way to work I tripped and fell on the phone, crushing his screen.
Attached Image

Grieve a little, I took courage and ordered a new screen on ebay.com. After three weeks, I have received the coveted notice, went to the post office and pick it up. Give for a simple (in my experience), a couple of thousand surgery did not want to, so I decided to do everything on their own. So, what we have: tiddly box that contains the screen, three screwdrivers and a plastic stick for disassembly (do not know the name).
Attached Image

Before the actual razbrokoy his HTC Desire I looked at youtube videos razbrokoy with this device. Not found. But I found a video describing disassembly related Nexus One. Imbued with simple disassembly, I took courage and went to work.
Remove the back cover, remove the battery, sim card and memory card.
Attached Image

Unscrew the two screws at the bottom of the closing mechanism of vibration, microphone and buttons. Remove it.
Attached Image

Turn off the remaining two Allen screws on the top edge of the device and two sidewalls of keeper groin. Caution! The screws are very small, it's easy to lose them.
Attached Image

Unscrew the one screw, unhook the three connectors and can shoot fee.
Attached Image

You can carefully remove the unit volume buttons, but you can so put aside, let Powys. At first I was wary of the button to shoot, and then they themselves unhooked me and I knew he was afraid of nothing. It is better to gradually remove them.
Attached Image

LCD screen itself is held on a sticky tape (from the touchscreen). To this is adhered a metal similar to the foil plate. Knowledgeable people say, why is it there?
Unstick plate gat screen. It looks like an exploded utterly HTC Desire.
Attached Image

Assembly is done in reverse order. Before tightening the screws, always make sure that the screen is not smeared fingers, it did not get a piece of adhesive strip, there is no dust. Otherwise, I have to disassemble again. And I managed to confuse the first time seating screws.
Attached Image

All assembly and disassembly process took me 15 minutes.
Attached Image

Voila! The device works and pleases the master (ie me) for its impeccable service.

Rep: (14)
great article, thanks [:

Rep: (8)
Wow, you're straight handyman, disassemble and reassemble the phone for extra 24K is nada to be able, if forgotten where to put which the screws or buttons and PPC machine ...

Rep: (8)
Useful article, ATP

Rep: (30)
local master craftsman can nowprofiteermaking this operation: happy:

Rep: (1321)
We are going to a personal experience.

Rep: (2)
Author fellow, because he dared to do everything, even though the this operation is not complicated. The main thing that the hand does not grow from the backside;).

Rep: (50)
The metal plate is likely to screen protects against interference. Or radiator.

Rep: (0)
sorry for the indiscreet question, at what price you cost the order of the screen? so for more information.

I have the same indiscreet question with regards to the price, what is the price of the issue? And more prompt AMPs., The picture is not clear, in the cover (above Tatsch screenshots) protective glass is glued (or glass is glued directly to the screen already)? I'm in the lower left corner there is dust under the glass (mikroshivelenie appeared in the corner of the screen), is defined as a brush. : Thank_you:

Attached images
Attached Image

Rep: (15)
ils @ 20.8.10, 13:11*
Unscrew the one screw, unhook the three connectors and can shoot fee.

Where this screw and 3 connectors are? The focus can not see. It is under this unit vibration, buttons, etc.? There is no such. explain pliz

Update: Bolt found three connectors which have to unhook? More? And schaz dolamayu inadvertently device. Thank you in advance

Update: Here's I drive. I saw a photo of the unhooking connectors. Schaz go on break

Post has been editedR1peR - 05.09.10, 12:11

Phew, in general disassembled, assembled. Stremnovato operation, but not complicated at all. After assembly, however, probably somewhere in the millimeter in one place board of the village is not very tight, then cover the battery zakrytyya zazorchik turned. But brushed buttons, filthy Coca-Cola removed with alcohol. Buttons no longer pop and stick. To the surprise of the device has started from 1st time :)) Thank you very much for ils very useful article.

Next, bring a photo report. Had to take a picture of the old Nokiey as fotika other hand there was no (sorry for the bad quality)

Attached Image

The device is finally dismantled
Attached Image

The ill-fated earlier crispy and Sticky buttons
Attached Image

Contact buttons and optical sensor (also cling earlier)
Attached Image

Clearance after assembly to highlight the area between the housing and the battery cover

Post has been editedR1peR - 05.09.10, 17:42

dashui @ 31.8.10, 19:02*
I have the same indiscreet question with regards to the price, what is the price of the issue? And more prompt AMPs., The picture is not clear, in the cover (above Tatsch screenshots) protective glass is glued (or glass is glued directly to the screen already)? I'm in the lower left corner there is dust under the glass (mikroshivelenie appeared in the corner of the screen), is defined as a brush.

I bought at ebee, at a cost of $ 74. I can not say how many will be in rubles, as filmed at the exchange rate Alfa Bank. But he is not much different from the official, in the conventional several protsentik :)

About who I was glued where ... I remember exactly what TFT-screen is glued tonyusenkoy strip "type, rubber-adhesive tape" around the screen. This is something that should I remember?

Posted 06-09-2010, 21:28:

Zheka_lis @ 23.8.10, 3:11*
Author fellow, because he dared to do everything, even though the this operation is not complicated. The main thing that the hand does not grow from the backside.

Thanks. Operation is really simple, especially when make out one or two times.
The first time I changed the screen on their own on an old Asus P525. That's where I razvoznyachil everything in umat. NDA ...

By the way. If there is a plastic screwdriver to disconnect the body, you can use a plastic card (metrobilet unnecessary or bank card). For the convenience of operating can be slightly erode the edge of the card, it is easier to enter the gap housing.

and AMOLED screen set or S-LCD?

But the question interests me very much, but I do not know how to determine the type :)

Take a magnifying glass and look at pixels) where the photo was forum where differences are seen by the pixel width

Rep: (1)
How to determine the type of screen: SLCD or AMOLED?

Deficiency of AMOLED-dipleev HTC forced companies to look for additional suppliers and equip already produced models SuperLCD-panels from Sony. Although many technologies are similar, each has found its supporters. How do you determine when buying a type of screen?
This is no big deal - all the necessary information can be found directly on the box. But there are still some features that can confirm that you have in your hands imeeno AMOLED (or SLCD) screen. So, we define the type of display on the HTC Desire example:
1) According to the packaging

If in the "display" Unknown "3.7-inch AMOLED touch screen" - then you are in the hands of a device with AMOLED. If you just "3.7-inch touch-screen" - that SuperLCD display.
2) By highlighting
Visible light or gray shade in the dark indicates SuperLCD
3) For readability
Outdoor SuperLCD-display exhibits better contrast and better readability
4) By increasing
Look at the screen under a magnifying glass. The presence of sub-pixels confirms AMOLED:

AMOLED

SuperLCD
5) Version HBOOT
On the device is turned off, hold volume down, turn on the device and note the version HBOOT. For example, HTC Desire with SuperLCD-screen supplied from 0.83 or 0.92
6) Visually
AMOLED-display have a small red or pink hue. To check just look into the screen or display it on a pure white color - and you will definitely see.
Officially SuperLCD implementation was announced not too long ago. I wonder if there is already among us, the owners of devices with a new type of screens?

Post has been editedGridzilla - 19.04.12, 10:47

lavrenko-igor @ 09.09.2010, 17:14*
AMOLED-display have a small red or pink hue. To check just look into the screen or display it on a pure white color - and you will definitely see.

The controversial question - I do not have any shade

Hello.
It seems this is the only topic about dismantling HTC Desire in the internet.
The device is good no words, but here's one problem haunts me: pasted screen is not dense and falls into dust. Disassembled, wiped. Once helped. Again dirt. I began to understand - the lower edge of the glass breathing when you press and deform if the body is formed such that a gap to get the animals to climb can not just dust in the bottom left corner. Nervous repeat do not recommend, because after this comes the idea to bring the HTC urns and buy Galaxy S.
And I'm not the only one, it seems. Someone here wrote about the cracks in the screen.
So. My main question. What can perekleit screen? When you buy a new screen, the bundle includes a soft strip of adhesive tape this or not? Can I buy it.
As an option can be peeled off the screen and something to refresh (restore) the adhesive surface. As a result, I need sealing.

I would be grateful for any useful advice.
-Novel

http://cgi.ebay.com/OEM-HTC-DESIRE-BRAVO-A...=item51957d7eb9

<object width = "640" height = "390"><param name = "movie" value = "<param "target =" _blank "> http://www.youtube.com/v/6ztvmdDB9hg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></ param><paramname = "allowFullScreen" value = "true"></ param><param name = "allowScriptAccess" value = "always"></ param><embed src = "http://www.youtube.com/v/6ztvmdDB9hg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3 "type = "application / x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen = "true" allowScriptAccess = "always" width = "640" height = "390"></ embed></ object>

Post has been editedyenny6 - 19.10.10, 02:20
Reason for editing: crooked

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 08/04/20, 5:23