> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Discussion

Rep: (423)
DiscussionBlackBerry Torch 9800
Attached ImageBlackBerry Torch 9800
Description | Discussion пїЅ | BlackBerry OS FAQ | Newbie Questions пїЅ | Blackberry | BBM Groupsavagemessiahzine.com пїЅ | Blackberry Club пїЅ | BlackBerry OS software catalog пїЅ | Games recommended by our colleagues | Official website of the manufacturer | Reset IT policies in Blackberry smartphones пїЅ | Blackberry accessories пїЅ | Tracking new firmware BB (all models) пїЅ | Blackberry firmware пїЅ | Purchase BlackBerry devices online stores пїЅ |

About Blackberry

BlackBerry Torch 9800 Reviews

useful links

Post has been editeddred78 - 27.08.12, 14:05

Rep: (111)
Hello. I have a desire to join the ranks of blackberry breeders. The choice fell on 9800. It hurts me to like the design and resembles the Qtek 9090 (in my opinion it was his name). In general, you need a limited amount of quarts and a relatively large screen. There is also a variant of Dezire Z. But I already have a side slider in the face of Touch pro2. Well, I do not trust the android. But, closer to the topic: I choose between the Rostest apparatus and the "gray". In favor of the first, there is mainly the presence of a highlight of the Russian layout. But they are not satisfied with the confinement under the beeline and, as I understand it, after reading the topic, the inability to activate Wifi. And the price is not too adequate in my opinion. But highlighting is important to me with my eyesight. Hence the question: has anyone changed Claudia? Or are there any other ways to make the Russian layout readable in twilight / darkness on a "gray" device? And the second question: How well does torch work with pop3? Actually push service attracts me little, but it attracts the ability to work with 8 (as I understand it) boxes at the same time. In my HTC Snap, as in Touch pro2 there are a maximum of five and they slow down with a lot of mail. I have 7-8 letters a day for each account (6 accounts in total). I also read in reviews that over time Torch starts to slow down a lot. Does it slow down when working with a lot of mail? A very topical issue. And one more question, what is the adequate price for the "gray" 9800 in Moscow? And then the scatter is significant. And also from which parties it is better not to take, in view of poor assembly for example. Thanks in advance for your help.

Rep: (366)
Relatively gray, or PCT. It is certainly better to take gray, but there is one thing: Beeline is very reluctant to connect BIS to gray devices. If the operator is MTS, then such a problem will not arise.

The keyboard changes in ten minutes. You can put the original PCT, i.e. visually (with the exception of the boot logo of the operator) there will be no difference.

I have letters from 150-200 or more per day - nothing slows down. It’s worth mentioning right away that a BIS / BES data plan is required for the work of a naive email client, as well as applications. Without this, the BB will be just a very high-quality "dialer", no more.

I have the first revision - there are no problems with the assembly. But for reinsurance (if in doubt) you can buy a later one. However, the only nuance, as with all sliders, is a slight backlash.

Rep: (0)
What about office formats: word, excel, are being edited? Is everything inside or do you need to buy additional programs for the office? Are there any free navigation programs for BB like IGo My way on droid? THX.

Post has been editedawarez - 02.03.11, 17:46

There is a pre-installed Documents To Go - just a preview. Editing is available in the Premium version.

BlackBerryВ® Maps is preinstalled, but with regard to navigation, in my opinion, no smartphone can replace a normal navigator.

RAUB @ 03/02/2011, 18:12*
BlackBerryВ® Maps is preinstalled, but with regard to navigation, in my opinion, no smartphone can replace a normal navigator.

Everything works perfectly on HTC, very convenient. I drove forever all the old cards, but then I went to Europe for work, everyone was amazed by the phone.

And what about pirated software for BB, are there options or just for bucks?

Post has been editedawarez - 04.03.11, 16:47

BB is definitely not a navigator. Maps are relevant, the route is laid without problems ... but, in my opinion, this is a very custom option. Yes, and the main tasks of the BB, this is not navigation. BB is always online; if I may say so.

I am not fond of Varese.

Rep: (33)
I use 9800 for several days. There is also HTC HD2 - (Windows 6.5 and Android), HTC 4GMAX, HTC Dezier and Samsung Galaxy Tab. I can compare quite objectively. If you take 9800, then you will certainly get benefits - instant mail delivery. The feeling that I did not have time to send, and already your Blackberry flashes a red light. Games, office applications, and even more editing, and even reading books, and internet surfing, it’s on HTC HD2 or Galaxi Tab. First of all, the 9800 is a business device for quickly receiving information (e-mail, sms ... unfortunately we have a service cut, but there is an option to synchronize your calendar in Gmail and leave it open on a working computer, then any changes made by the secretary are also instant appear on your background). For me, the mechanical keyboard is not acceptable, I use the on-screen keyboard, so now I want to try out Storm. By purchasing this device you get a certain image-building thing, positioning yourself as a top manager, for which the speed of obtaining information is much more important than toys and other crap. I also note the excellent quality of the photos, which I was very surprised. And regarding software, in my experience we set so much until the device is completely bent, then you realize that you really need 5 or 6 programs. Demolish everything and get happiness. Of course, as with any smartphone you need to put your head and hands, read the forums ...
P.S. The most important thing is that by connecting BIS to Russia you do not pay a lot of money for Internet roaming, but by connecting the whole world and paying only 3,500 p. per month, you get almost unlimited access to the Internet and in any country, which is especially true with Android and iPhone 4, which climb into the Internet and if you do not know if you do not disable access to Internet roaming, you can get an account for 1000 bucks or more , especially since both MTS and Beeline will be happy to provide you with a loan for a significantly larger amount.

Rep: (49)
Do not take the Storm. After Torch objectively, a step backward will be in user experience from the on-screen keyboard.

Updated BlackBerry 9800 from 448 to 9800 OS 6.0.0.450 and everything is ok. Just search in Yandex does not work. Google is looking great. In my subjective opinion, a brighter and more juicy screen, the photo is definitely better, shot against the light and an excellent result. The response when you press the menu buttons is faster and the browser is faster. I do not see direct glitches yet. I will definitely stay for now on this firmware. Yes, Wi-Fi picked up instantly and went surfing. I can recommend this firmware. I’m studying the instructions for 350 pages. Very interesting encryption capabilities, it is not yet clear what works specifically in our country. Rather, all these encryption options are either not used or for people with a clearly inadequate psyche. Delighted with the BIS service, mail arrives instantly, as I wrote about in the post above.

Updated BlackBerry 9800 from 450 to 9800 OS 6.0.0.486 and everything is ok. When you type in Russian letters in the browser after typing a word and pressing the space bar, it displays - an input error, the system starts to reboot, but the warning window disappears and the process goes on. After each typed word and pressing the space bar, everything repeats. This glitch remains when typing in Russian in any application.

Post has been editedCrokodil50 - 12.03.11, 14:39

I asked again. The glitch described above has disappeared. Everything works great. I can recommend the update.

Post has been editedCrokodil50 - 12.03.11, 21:40

and Skype on 9800 is already out ?????????

Skype on 9800 is and was, but it is called MI +. Let me quote - "SHAPE Services has released the final versions of the mobile Skype client IM + for Skype for the following platforms: Symbian, Windows Mobile Pocket PC, Windows Mobile Smartphone, Palm OS,Blackberry , as well as phones with Java support. "There is a paid version and costs about $ 36 and free with slight restrictions. I encountered another problem in Moscow. Slow Internet on MTS via BIS. It does not depend on the device, this is a specificity of MTS.

Rep: (112)
Please tell me, how much does it have approximately a battery and does it have any sites with software (links), at least see what applications exist for it?

Even more interested in whether there is an answering machine for BB, the ability to record telephone conversations from the line and of course navigation.

Post has been editedserganru - 27.03.11, 15:56

There is a store with many paid and free programs, including for the Russian Federation. Find, use the search. The battery holds the standby week and more. When used, it all depends on the load. Navigation, WI-FI and more, of course they will eat the battery, but for a day it’s guaranteed enough. And yet, you must be aware of what exactly you are buying. Be sure to connect BIS and you will have two happiness at once - 1. unlimited Internet without a fee for roaming throughout the Russian Federation or the World and 2. instant delivery of mail from 10 mailboxes. With navigation, everything is ok. There is a program from Blackberry free and can be downloaded from Google, especially since for the Internet you pay 250 rubles for the Russian Federation per month. I emphasize only once more .... decide on this device, for what you take it. This is not HTC or iPhone, it’s completely different and then don’t write that I bought sucks ....

"It’s even more interesting whether the answering machine is for BB, the ability to record telephone conversations from the line, and of course navigation."

Look at the Blackberry store, but keep in mind that in many countries this is prohibited by law. Also keep in mind that the Messenger (you can instantly exchange via SMS, mail and PIN numbers of blackbury backgrounds) and mail are encrypted and go through RIM servers. This is not the experience of the Russian Federation. What we don’t know, but it’s Blackbury messenger and wi-fi in Russia that are officially blocked and if I’m not mistaken in Qatar. But there are tons of instant messaging clients. If my info is out of date, then I apologize. In the purchased gray backgrounds in the Russian Federation, everything works.

Rep: (4)
And where in Moscow can I get and install a "translucent" Russian keyboard?

Please help someone who can ..
There is a device blackberry 9800 torch, locked under beeline
By coincidence, it turned out that when an inexperienced user inserted a SIM card of another operator, he entered the unlock code incorrectly 12 times, now I can’t even unlock it, as I understand it ..
What to do if attempts are over? To flash? Or can it be something different?
If anyone was flashing the device, please help with detailed instructions? (where to get the firmware, what needs to be installed, how to upgrade it), preferably in as much detail as possible, and if you upgrade it, then we would like the device to work with any sim

PS if you can do without flashing, tell me how, I will be very grateful
help me please

Hello.
I have a blackberry torch version 6.0 bundle 2342. I'm tired without a Russian keyboard. I would be very happy even virtual.
Help if anyone can.

Rep: (85)
Changefirmware, there are from MTS and Beeline.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/22/19, 16:55