> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Discussion

Rep: (423)
DiscussionBlackBerry Torch 9800
Attached ImageBlackBerry Torch 9800
Description | Discussion пїЅ | BlackBerry OS FAQ | Newbie Questions пїЅ | Blackberry | BBM Groupsavagemessiahzine.com пїЅ | Blackberry Club пїЅ | BlackBerry OS software catalog пїЅ | Games recommended by our colleagues | Official website of the manufacturer | Reset IT policies in Blackberry smartphones пїЅ | Blackberry accessories пїЅ | Tracking new firmware BB (all models) пїЅ | Blackberry firmware пїЅ | Purchase BlackBerry devices online stores пїЅ |

About Blackberry

BlackBerry Torch 9800 Reviews

useful links

Post has been editeddred78 - 27.08.12, 14:05

Rep: (0)
Comrades, who knows when the BlackBerry Torch 9800 will be available for sale and how much will it cost?

Rep: (8)
You can now order from the United States.
Without a contract, the cost is $ 500 + tax.
Another thing is whether he has a symlock on AT & T (making an analogy with an iPhone 4)

Rep: (3542)
DiscussionBlackBerry Torch 9800
Description of the BlackBerry Torch 9800 | Discussion пїЅ

Post has been editedracoon - 13.08.10, 10:55

Rep: (29)
How is it with Russification? Support for fonts, encodings and input. What about engraving?

PS: On paplaze already on sale.

Rep: (3542)
pushkinai
Try to ask in the topicNew store, there is a representative of this store.

Rep: (574)
and herehttp://blackberryrussia.com/products/blackberry-9800-torchisn't he?
Did someone buy already?
Something in general for strawberry reviews a little

Rep: (228)
Yes, very specific devices, too tied to servers that provide certain services, and without them much less useful. So it turns out that the device is purely corporate, ordinary single-enthusiasts are not interested, so there is no discussion.

So, the phone is ordered, is already on the way. A couple of weeks a report

Rep: (49)
I will make a small report of my new device + a few thoughts out loud.
I have never been a Blackberry fan, simply because they seemed to me to be slightly niche devices, corporate ones exclusively. Not a powerful stuffing devices, ugly interface and ingenuity in the settings. Operators also do not provide support to the devices.
We must immediately say that without the support of the operators, these phones turn into expensive and meaningless toys. Only in recent months, Beeline and MTS have begun to expand the functionality, MTS just recently started to provide Internet Browsing for Blackberry, Beeline did it a little earlier.
Honestly, before this month I used Blackberry Storm 2, I thought that nothing would change my opinion about the devices until I started to use Torch.
This is a slider phone with a full qwerty keyboard.
Perhaps the first device from Ezhevik, which breaks the stereotype of exclusively corporate devices, and in the BIS-B bundle it is also a multimedia device that is no different from Android on convenience. Convenient interface with the ability to customize. And although the number of software it is inferior to the products of Google and Apple, if you want, you can equip yourself with the minimum necessary for everyday work.
In Torch, the company decided to pay attention to the integration of the device into social networks, which undoubtedly benefited him. From possible and popular with us is Twitter and Facebook, less popular Linked In and My Space. In addition, the device is a new browser, which is convenient to work with. We must pay tribute, it works well, displays pages fully and in principle does not cause inconvenience when working on so much a small screen, because the diagonal of 3.2 inches can no longer be called big in the age of HD2 and similar devices. The same iPhone 4 has 3.5 inches. There is support for multi-touch. Viewing angles are good. It feels like the screen covers the plastic, for a week of operation did not notice scratches. In general, this is the first device on the new operating system of the sixth version. Recycled the working screen, now it's a mix of iOS and Sense interface. What does this look like?
Several working screens, the ability to leave in the first row only the most necessary, removing the rest by sliding the curtain. In fact, you can leave 1-2-3 rows of labels. Screens are divided into:
- all applications
-selected where you can drag the most needed programs
-multimedia (we must pay tribute very well represented)
-loads (programs that you install yourself fall here)
-Frequently used (shortcuts that you open most often get here)
As always, the program store is not officially supported, but I installed the Appstore MobiHand, it allows you to purchase programs in many convenient and accessible ways.
From the programs I purchased, I would note for myself:
-berry reader
-berry weather
-beejive
-PodTrapper
Multitasking is supported + there is support for push notifications. That is, if you have, for example, ICQ or rss news set to push, then when you update, you receive an update or notification of a message in ICQ. There is no sense to keep ICQ on the screen. Twitter and Facebook are built on the same principle. The device is quite smart, at least knowing that there are only 624 megahertz for me, this is really amazing, since I do not observe delays and brakes.
Data entry can be done either by hardware keys or via the on-screen keyboard. There are no complaints to qwerty, everything is in the best traditions of Blackberry, except the keys are smaller. Here the input from the screen is a little sad, it clearly loses to devices from Apple and HTC. The second thing that afflicts him is the confirmation of the choice of language when changing it. So for what I hated Symbian, here is the same. But maybe it's just that I didn't figure it out.
The device has 4 gigabytes of memory for your needs + the ability to expand the memory to up to 32 gigs of micro SD card.
Officially, the device is not supplied, but you can find it in the range from 20 to 30 thousand rubles, depending on the greed of the vendors and the level of localization. By the way, any firmware is installed on the devices, so there are no problems with the Russification. Engraving is also not a big deal.
What I did not like in the delivery, it is now fashionable minimalism configuration. By the way, the same Storm 2 comes with a cover, everything is minimalist here, even the charging wire is also a sync cable in combination.
In general, a very good device from the Blackberry family, which provides you with all the necessary functionality from RIM and at the same time does not force you to sacrifice what you are used to from other devices. The best of two worlds and can be a very good start for those people who wanted to move to Blackberry, but he was afraid to part with the comforts.
If you have questions, always happy to answer them.

On which firmware is the device?

6.0.0.337 Multilanguage

Barracuda81 @ 06.12.2010, 06:57*
6.0.0.337 Multilanguage

Got it. Interested, first of all, the speed of the browser on it.

Thanks for the review.

Photo engraving can be viewed?

Engraving has not yet done. I have all the dilemma. Order an original keyboard with a Russian or engrave.
Now, before the new year, the engraving is problematic due to the workload of the center, we agreed to return to the issue after NG holidays.
It turned out in Yekaterinburg also difficult to find, where would you do.
On Blackberry Roux you can find a Russian engraved and original keyboard. But I am afraid that it is necessary to give it to the service center, then something is jigging up there at assembly or it will start to play somewhere. So I'm all for the engraving.

The browser is working fine. I used to use Android, iPhone and Symbian. Of course, he will lose to the first two in speed, but Symbian does nothing better than to do. It works only from BIS-B or WiFi. I am connected to BIS-B from MTS. The first request takes a long time, and then it loads normally. Displays the entire contents of the page, scales the screen, but where it does not fit, so it is better to look horizontally, so exactly all the text fits. Kinetic scrolling is present. Flash supports.
I read on the Mobile Review that the phone allegedly begins to slow down over time, until I noticed, although I try not to erase anything (I mean mail and SMS) so that the memory loads more.

Barracuda81
with service-letters of jambs was not? Or handles added transport for the browser (OS6)?

Threat to compare with Symbian - it's evil :-)

Here, with Android and iPhone - is closer. You have mail not on Gmail by any chance?

Service beech one itself was flooded (which was responsible for the social network), the second had to be reinstalled by hands through Legacy SB.
Until I activated the mode of support for old beeches, I didn’t want to see it.

By and large, of course, according to the number of software, Android and iOS make BlackOs, but I honestly have found everything I need for my phone. I do not play toys, so the tragedy did not make it out of it. But what really satisfies me with a vengeance is that, without denying myself the use of the device, I have enough charge for almost 2 days, while the phone constantly picks up news on the Internet, and the weather is coming. It is very important for me.
Gmail is there, it works and is configured via BIS from MTS

Barracuda81 @ 12/06/2010, 15:19*
Engraving has not yet done. I have all the dilemma. Order an original keyboard with a Russian or engrave.

IMHO, do the engraving. And that's why:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfXQ4UIhDGQ...player_embedded

Barracuda81 @ 12/07/2010, 16:26*
Service beech one itself was flooded (which was responsible for the social network), the second had to be reinstalled by hands through Legacy SB.
Until I activated the mode of support for old beeches, I didn’t want to see it.

those. did you just add another sat? Not "stitching" in one ipd?
and did not quite understand what kind of regime it was.

Post has been editedN & M - 08.12.10, 09:59

N & M @ 12/08/2010 11:58*
those. did you just add another sat? Not "stitching" in one ipd?
and did not quite understand what kind of regime it was.

On blackberrys.ru, the user of the RAUB has laid out a specific beech that was not put in Torch itself.
It is necessary to go to the screen of service books and enter with the alt + SBEB clamped, Legacy SB Restore Enabled appears
After that, you can fill the right beeches. That is, from the ipd file to restore service books and all.

Thanks to the engraving, a really valuable video, I would have disassembled the horseradish (I would rather have figured it out for sure, assembled it).

And did you figure out how to shove skype into this smart one?
But somehow it turned out badly ... I bought it, but there is no scapa :(

I do not have Skype.
rather, there is, but only for the operator Verizon and works only in the states.

Rep: (25)
And is there a Java machine in it?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07.22.19, 08:58