Browsers - our boats in the ocean Online | Who prefers what?
Browsers
Who uses what?
Internet Explorer [ 35 ] ** [3,62%]
Opera [ 230 ] ** [23,76%]
Mozila firefox [ 203 ] ** [20,97%]
Apple safari [ 38 ] ** [3,93%]
Google Chrome (chromium) [ 385 ] ** [39,77%]
Other [ 77 ] ** [7,95%]
Total votes: 968

Rep: (89)
Browsers - our boats in the ocean
Which browser is the best?

Attached Image

When answering the topic justify your answer. Otherwise, the message can be regarded as stuffing posts and deleted!

Post has been editedRamsteiner - 24.05.19, 23:37

Rep: (619)
It is surprising that this topic has not yet been formed. More precisely, it was, but in the form of another holivar about what kind of browser is better.
I propose to talk about something else (with an eye to the fact that the topic will not perish and will be interesting in the future) - let's share the intricacies of browser-based studies.
At one time, it was thanks to one of the themes that I decided to try Fox and for how long I’m madly happy about my choice (Opera, by the way, “didn’t go” - didn’t fit the soul, but Fox is now like my own), I would remember who This wonderful browser - would fall asleep with crosses.

As is known, both Fox and Opera are custom browsers and are customizable. Today, I had a question about the icons in the bookmarks bar, I had to go and ask about it on another forum, although surely there were people here who could answer my question. Therefore, in order not to go far next time, I suggest discussing all browser issues and convenient plugins here, and at the same time sharing useful experiences.

I'll start with myself - two convenient extensions for Chanterelles:
- ImgLikeOpera 0.6.15
ImgLikeOpera is a useful extension for saving traffic in the Mozilla Firefox browser. You can upload only those pictures that you need to work. Expansion ImgLikeOpera (ILO) is primarily intended for more comfortable work on slow or expensive communication channels (modem connections, tariff plans with payment for traffic, etc.).
The program also allows you to block unwanted images by filters, load one image through the context menu or right-click + Ctrl and set the duration of selected policies (from five minutes to three months) ..

- Favicon Picker2
Adds a user interface for replacing bookmark icons. Significantly simplifies the work with bookmarks, since it is very convenient to see the icon of the desired site and navigate visually

Post has been editedShoore - 21.07.13, 13:37
Reason for editing: editing the survey

Rep: (540)
I always useAdmuncher th _ http://www.admuncher.com
prog cuts down from the pages of banners and all the useless tinsel. In ICQ cuts advertising. I save up to hundreds of meg per month.

Rep: (21)
Marlene , as you always get to the point: good:
so I will add my five kopecks ...

-IE Tab 1.0.6.4
http://forum.mozilla-russia.org/viewtopic.php?id=6776
Allows you to open pages in the browser tab using the Trident (IE) engine. The extension is a continuation of the well-known extension of IE View and opens pages using the IE engine in the open tabs of Firefox, and does not open IE, as it does when using IE View.

... a very convenient plugin, I often use it in my work when I need to test or open a page (or web server) through IExplorer ...

Rep: (63)
Hmm ... Very interesting, at one time he tried to move from the opera to the fox, but the body never accepted it: huh:
Are there any useful buns for opera?

Rep: (17)
At first, IE 5 was - the browser was morally outdated ... Then it went out to Mozilla ... I really liked it ... But one thing ... Prog WLM (melkosoft) does not want to accept the mozilla as the default browser ... Yes, and Mozilla on one The site I visited squandered with messages in the forum ... After searching for typo, I installed IE 7.0 - and sadly, but it remained on it ... Yes, it works slower than a fox, but it’s not bad either ... I tried Opera I spent a very long time ... Solid show off, but no convenience ...<_<

Rep: (74)
I used the opera for more than a year, it seemed to suit me, but lately some inconveniences have become annoying, sometimes the bookmark icon on the panel got lost. Manually edit the buzz is not enough.
Could not properly display some pages.

Put Firefox- really liked. Many plugins to expand features, correctly display pages, etc.
Of course, it didn’t do without inconvenience; return to the previous page was better done in opera, it seems that the opera works a little faster and the fox takes up more memory

But I still use Firefox anyway. And the opera only on the PC ^ _ ^

Rep: (60)
Yuzal opera, but now she was blunt: every 5-10 minutes freezes for 1-2 seconds. I tried the last chanterelle - I liked it =) The main thing was that she was not as naked as 1.0 - you can work comfortably without additional plug-ins. Well, it works as a joke on the subjective sensations ...

Baron @ 03/02/07 18:22:17
the opera is a little faster and the fox takes up more memory

about memory - you are probably right, but about speed - you are mistaken. By the way, I decided to stay on Fox at one time precisely because of the speed, after IE she just struck me. And the difference in comparison with the Opera can be caused by cached pictures, as it happens in Opera, a reference to the Fox plugin, with which imags will be processed as in Opera (and even better - I have given much more opportunities) in the first post.

ik_67 , thanks for the tip on the useful plug, today I tested it - very convenient!

Rep: (74)
Marlene Really, right now, checked, it works faster.
But in the opera, scrolling goes faster: rolleyes:

Rep: (1)
I have been using firefox for a couple of years, and the opera is only on the PDA. sorry no pocket fox :)

Rep: (103)
Progloom , business molvish.

Sister, I remember when the ship floated advised you red, you still complained about the Opera that the page only by clicking on f5 updates, and not on the browser button. ;)

But the moment you went to it, you did not follow it.

Added @ 02.03.2007, 23:28

The current is enough for me to raise a turnip!

ik_67 @ 03/02/07 09:23:31
IE Tab

Found ochchchen useful application plugin. The fact is that on Lisichka the forum Kumysk is very buggy, got out of position by opening the tab, switching it to IE mode, opening the kumys tab and enjoying its excellent work: good:

Rep: (103)
And yes, koumiss slows down ... I did not find any more bugs.

Rep: (161)
On all machines worth
Opera
IE 5.5 and 6.0+ add-on makston
Firefox
Netshkaf

Work such a pancake.

Rep: (81)
Yuzayu is the only last IE. And, oddly enough, very li ...) Although I tried all the popular ...

Rep: (3060)
7 IE in general is a cool fan of yuzayu only him, although nada fox can try it and it will be more interesting.

Rep: (27)
Hello everyone, and the fox for the PDA happens ??? But then a friend says something on the PC uses it and did not see it for the PDA, help with the answer.

Marlene ,
you a separate hello and once again a spa.

Rep: (288)
give a program under whist that apekhu and rambler put automatically as a start page

Rep: (38)
Avant Browser. As far as I understand, it is based on standard IE. However, it is heaven and earth!
I've been using it for about a year now - and I got so used to it that other browsers took down after ten minutes of trying to figure out what was in it ...: rolleyes:

I appeal to users of the chanterelle Chanterelle browser.
Guys, I got such a feature in order — any tags, unlike IE, are put at the end of the typed text of the message, and not where the cursor is, sometimes it is terribly inconvenient. And the accompanying problem is that it is impossible to select the desired text in IE, click on the tag and thus mark the text with a tag on both sides (it was written clumsily, but I hope they understood what I mean).
Is there a fix?
If there is one and someone tells me about it - the size of my gratitude will have no boundaries :) But I really want to fix this case!

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/29/1919 19:53