39 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Connect to virtual private networks (VPN) | What is VPN and how to configure it
vmaxim
Message#1
05.02.13, 14:27
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 5894
Check in: 31.10.11
Google pixel 2

Connect to virtual private networks (VPN)

Attached Image

Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) are designed to connect externally to resources within a secure local area network.
As a rule, VPNs are deployed by corporations, educational institutions and other organizations so that their users
could access local resources from outside the territory and when connected to a wireless network.

Protocols for building a VPN tunnel, a brief description
IPsec- a set of protocols to ensure the protection of data transmitted over the Internet Protocol (IP) allows authentication and / or encryption of IP packets. IPsec also includes protocols for secure key exchange on the Internet. It is mainly used for organizing vpn connections.

PPTP(English Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol) is a point-to-point tunnel protocol that allows a computer to establish a secure connection to the server by creating a special tunnel in a standard, non-secure network. PPTP places (encapsulates) PPP frames into IP packets for transmission over a global IP network, such as the Internet. PPTP can also be used to establish a tunnel between two local networks. PPTP uses an additional TCP connection to maintain the tunnel.

L2TP(English Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol - second level tunneling protocol) - in computer networks a tunnel protocol used to support virtual private networks. The main advantage of L2TP is that this protocol allows creating a tunnel not only in IP networks, but also in ATM, X.25 and Frame Relay networks. [1]

Openvpn- a free implementation of open source Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology for creating encrypted point-to-point channels or server clients between computers. It allows you to establish connections between computers behind a NAT-firewall, without the need to change their settings. OpenVPN was created by James Yonan and is distributed under the GNU GPL license.
Setting up a VPN connection on Android
Configure VPN on Android 2.x
Adding VPN:
  1. Tap Home (home), Menu, then Settings to open the Settings app.
  2. Click Wireless Access and Networks>VPN settings.
  3. Click Add VPN.
  4. Click the type of VPN you want to add.
  5. On the screen that opens, follow the instructions provided by the network administrator to configure all the VPN settings.
  6. Press Menu, then Save.
The VPN will be added to the list on the VPN settings screen.

VPN connection:
  1. Open the Settings app.
  3. Added VPNs are listed in the VPN Settings screen.
  4. Click the VPN network to connect to.
  5. In the dialog box that opens, enter the required credentials and click Connect.
After connecting to the VPN, the current notification will appear in the status bar. When disconnected, you will receive a notification with which you can return to the VPN settings screen for reconnecting.

Disconnect from VPN:

Open the notification panel and click the current VPN connection notification.

Change VPN connection:
  4. Press and hold the VPN network whose settings you want to change.
  5. In the dialog that opens, click Edit Network.
  6. Change VPN settings.
  7. Press Menu, then Save.

Remove VPN:
  4. Press and hold the VPN you want to delete.
  5. In the dialog that opens, click Delete Network.
  6. In the dialog box confirming the deletion of the VPN network, click OK.
Configure VPN on Android 4.x
Adding a VPN network:
  1. On the main screen or the "Applications" screen, click on the "Settings" icon.
  2. In the Wireless Networks section, click Advanced.>VPN.
  3. On the VPN screen, click Add VPN Network.
  4. In the form that appears, enter the information received from the network administrator.
  5. Click Save.
The VPN will be added to the list on the VPN screen.

VPN connection:
  1. On the VPN screen, click on the name of the VPN network.
  2. In the dialog box that opens, enter your credentials.
  3. Click Connect.
After connecting to the VPN network, the Status icon and a notification will appear and remain on the screen. To disconnect from the VPN network, click on the notification about connecting to it.

Change VPN connection:
  1. On the VPN screen, tap and hold the name of the desired network.
  2. In the dialog that opens, click Edit Network.
  3. Change VPN settings.
  4. Click Save.

Delete VPN network:
  1. On the VPN screen, select the desired network.
  2. Tap and hold the name of this network.
  3. In the dialog that opens, click Delete Network.
Useful links and programs
Mini FAQ
Q: Added a VPN connection to the device and simple unlocking is now unavailable. Can I get her back?
A:There is no such possibility, it is a standard measure of protection in the Android OS, when adding a VPN connection, the ability to use simple unlocking is disabled, it remains only: Graphic key, PIN-code and Password.Option to bypass this restriction.

Q: How to reset credential vault password?
A: Connecting to virtual private networks (VPN) (Post Varset # 43774947)
Old way

Q: How to distribute VPN?
A: Connecting to virtual private networks (VPN) (Post ert54 # 56501226)

Post has been editedKEEPERekb - 30.03.19, 18:25
Reason for editing: VPN host
Bling bling
Message#2
26.06.10, 16:36
User
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 52
Check in: 21.05.10
Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300

Tell me who has a successful experience in setting up a VPN connection from an Android device? I add a new VPN connection in the settings, set the parameters and try to connect, and I answer -"Could not connect. Retry?". I can connect from the computer at home and from the phone does not come out: help:

Post has been editedvmaxim - 05.02.13, 17:01
vers1399
Message#3
08.07.10, 08:31
User
[offline]

Messages 76
Check in: 16.03.08
Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082

there is also a problem with connecting vpn Complicated by the fact that we must also drive a domain. I tried to drive in the search domain dns. Does not help. Phone - Huawei U8230, Android 2.1
anykkey.nn
Message#4
10.07.10, 15:05
Novice
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 37
Check in: 27.05.10
Samsung Galaxy S6 Duos SM-G920FD

The same problem when using WPA2 encryption, if you use just WPA, then it connects with a bang.
Yma
Message#5
11.07.10, 06:35
Local
[offline]

Messages 216
Check in: 13.09.07
Apple iPhone X

Also encountered a problem, I will describe what I did:

At home, the Eee901 with WinXP Home is turned on around the clock, it has configured an incoming VPN connection with encryption (PPTP) and turned off the Windows firewall (it doesn’t really need it anyway). On the ADSL router, I configured port forward for PPTP and a client for Dynamic DNS, I have a dynamic IP.

On the device (HTC Legend, Android 2.1), I configured the built-in VPN client and press "connect". Everything connects perfectly, from the communicator I see all the resources of the internal network - I can steer the router, for example. But the Internet addresses will not resolve from the communicator, if you enter the IP - pages open.

In the VPN settings on the communicator, there is only "Network name", "server address", tick encryption and "DNS search domains" - I tried to enter the address of the router and the computer and even Google 8.8.8.8 to enter - it does not help.

What to do?

--------------------
Motorola p7389 ->Siemens C55 ->S55 ->S65 ->SE K750 ->W810 ->Nokia 6233 ->HTC Gene ->HTC Touch 3G ->HTC Legend ->HTC Wildfire S ->iPhone 4S ->iPhone 5 ->iPhone 5S ->iPhone SE ->iPhone 8 ->iPhone X -> ???
klyon
Message#6
13.07.10, 00:32
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 774
Check in: 29.03.10
Lenovo Moto G5 Plus

Yma,
Just in the "DNS search domains" you need to add the DNS server address of your ISP, not the address of your router, etc. : yes2:

Post has been editedklyon - 13.07.10, 00:32

--------------------
Samsung GT-I5700 Galaxy Spica (TurboSGM2.1 [Final_Release] [UPD3] byarssev1+ all2ext2 + swap 256 Mb + Link2SD 512 Mb)>Samsung GT-S7710 Galaxy Xcover 2 Black Red>Motorola G5 Plus Gray 3 / 32Gb
Kamikadz
Message#7
13.07.10, 11:14
Local
[offline]

Messages 191
Check in: 25.06.10
Xiaomi Mi 6 6/64

I understand on the computer first you need to create a VPN connection? And then through the communicator to connect to it?

And if, for example, I have an ordinary internet connection without a VPN, how it will turn to him, who could do it, plz step-by-step FAQ, thanks in advance
klyon
Message#8
13.07.10, 11:24
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 774
Lenovo Moto G5 Plus

Kamikadz
I must say that I did not succeed. Incoming VPN connection on the computer configured, configured the firewall, configured your router. Ordinary PCs join me normally, but the phone does not want to.

How to configure the incoming VPN connection on the computer:
Go to the network environment, where the list of connections. Click alt, file - incoming connection, select users who are allowed access (these users must have a password), configure the range of addresses that will be issued to users and that's it. On the PCs that will connect to you, you need to create an outgoing VPN connection, enter the server (address of your PC), start the connection, enter the username and password of the user, click connect.
Important: your PC must have a real address, that is, it must be pinged from the Internet.

--------------------
Samsung GT-I5700 Galaxy Spica (TurboSGM2.1 [Final_Release] [UPD3] byarssev1+ all2ext2 + swap 256 Mb + Link2SD 512 Mb)>Samsung GT-S7710 Galaxy Xcover 2 Black Red>Motorola G5 Plus Gray 3 / 32Gb
Kamikadz
Message#9
13.07.10, 12:03
Local
[offline]

Messages 191
Check in: 25.06.10
Xiaomi Mi 6 6/64

Aha thanks, now the exact same problem =)) Only I made the ip address automatically that would be given
klyon
Message#10
13.07.10, 12:28
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 774
Lenovo Moto G5 Plus

Kamikadz
And how will it be issued automatically? You hardly have a server OS on a PC with an installed and configured DHCP server. ;)

--------------------
Yma
Message#11
14.07.10, 18:51
Local
[offline]

Messages 216
Check in: 13.09.07
Apple iPhone X

Klyon @ 13.7.10, 4:32*
in the "DNS search domains" you need to add the address of the server of your Internet service provider

Cellular operator or provider of wired internet? Wired tried - did not help. Cellular - just could not find DNS Beeline, who knows - tell me?

As for the distribution of addresses connected via VPN - even XP Home normally distributes addresses. I only have a problem with the DNS service, so far it has not been possible to achieve normal operation. And so - on the internal network all the PCs are available, I can go to Popcorn and manage torrents and the player.

--------------------
Motorola p7389 ->Siemens C55 ->S55 ->S65 ->SE K750 ->W810 ->Nokia 6233 ->HTC Gene ->HTC Touch 3G ->HTC Legend ->HTC Wildfire S ->iPhone 4S ->iPhone 5 ->iPhone 5S ->iPhone SE ->iPhone 8 ->iPhone X -> ???
klyon
Message#12
15.07.10, 01:10
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 774
Lenovo Moto G5 Plus

In fact, you need to add DNS provider of the Internet that you are going to use via the phone. In your case, this is a wired provider. Why does not work I do not know. My phone does not connect anywhere anywhere via VPN. : rolleyes:

Post has been editedklyon - 15.07.10, 01:10

--------------------
Miha1976
Message#13
22.07.10, 01:40
User
[offline]

Messages 90
Check in: 16.11.08
HTC Hero

klyon
DNS is also in Africa; DNS;) What is a provider, what is Google, eventually synchronizes the bases in one place, so there is no difference. The difference is only when you inside your network use your DNS server for the local network. In order for it to normally rezolvil external addresses, you need to configure forwarding DNS.
Yma,
The last phrase about forwarding is primarily for you. If internal ip rezolvitsya normally, configure your DNS server, to work correctly with external DNS servers. When working with VPN, all traffic goes to your router and there it is already decided what to do with it. Correct work VPN + DNS + DHCP is still that nontrivial task.
monst_r
Message#14
23.07.10, 15:09
Novice
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 31
Check in: 30.05.10
Apple iPhone 3G 16GB

In fact, you need to add DNS provider of the Internet that you are going to use via the phone. In your case, this is a wired provider. Why does not work I do not know. My phone does not connect anywhere anywhere via VPN.

In general, the DNS should be determined automatically, you need only enter the address of the server, and set the encryption settings, well, the login and password, of course, too
Vladimir_1984
Message#15
25.07.10, 19:47
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 2
Check in: 27.03.10

Also ran into a PPTP issue. I570EXXJF2 + LK2.06 + SamTURBOMod_V3.4. It is not possible to connect to the PPTP server, while the following log is on the server:

Jul 25 19:11:04 vladimir-laptop pptpd [3670]: CTRL: Client 192.168.0.101 control connection started
Jul 25 19:11:04 vladimir-laptop pptpd [3670]: CTRL: Starting call (launching pppd, opening GRE)
Jul 25 19:11:04 vladimir-laptop pppd [3672]: pppd 2.4.5 started by root uid 0
Jul 25 19:11:04 vladimir-laptop NetworkManager: SCPlugin-Ifupdown: devices added (path: / sys / devices / virtual / net / ppp0, iface: ppp0)
Jul 25 19:11:04 vladimir-laptop NetworkManager: SCPlugin-Ifupdown: device added (path: / sys / devices / virtual / net / ppp0, iface: ppp0): no ifupdown configuration found.
Jul 25 19:11:04 vladimir-laptop pptpd [3670]: CTRL: EOF or bad error reading ctrl packet length.
Jul 25 19:11:04 vladimir-laptop pptpd [3670]: CTRL: couldn't read packet header (exit)
Jul 25 19:11:04 vladimir-laptop pptpd [3670]: CTRL: CTRL read failed
Jul 25 19:11:04 vladimir-laptop pptpd [3670]: CTRL: Reaping child PPP [3672]
Jul 25 19:11:04 vladimir-laptop pppd [3672]: Failed to set PPP kernel option flags: Inappropriate ioctl for device
Jul 25 19:11:04 vladimir-laptop pppd [3672]: Using interface ppp0
Jul 25 19:11:04 vladimir-laptop pppd [3672]: Connect: ppp0<-> / dev / pts / 0
Jul 25 19:11:04 vladimir-laptop pppd [3672]: Modem hangup
Jul 25 19:11:04 vladimir-laptop pppd [3672]: Connection terminated.
Jul 25 19:11:04 vladimir-laptop NetworkManager: SCPlugin-Ifupdown: devices removed (path: / sys / devices / virtual / net / ppp0, iface: ppp0)
Jul 25 19:11:04 vladimir-laptop pppd [3672]: Exit.
Jul 25 19:11:04 vladimir-laptop pptpd [3670]: CTRL: Client 192.168.0.101 control connection finished

Did someone manage to win?
Kaputmaher
Message#16
26.07.10, 16:48
Local
[offline]

Messages 227
Check in: 07.09.08

HTC Legend will soon be roaming, where 50 kilobytes will weigh about one dollar. How to turn off the internet guaranteed? Is it enough to remove the bird in the item: "Wireless networks" - "Mobile Internet"? Or is the lack of a bird in paragraph: “Wireless networks” - “Mobile network” - “Data transfer in roaming” enough? In any case, both settings do not relate to Wi-Fi, which I will use? thank
otello82
Message#17
03.08.10, 02:22
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 13
Check in: 17.08.09

The legend has the problem of forwarding the GRE protocol or 1723 ports.

You connect a piece of iron with a cord, you connect to a working VPN server, and it shows BOLT. On Noke worked without problems.
macup
Message#18
09.08.10, 10:02
a guest
[offline]

Messages 1
Check in: 10.01.08
Xiaomi Mi 8

Gentlemen +1 to this problem, what day have I tried to connect in a way somewhere and it doesn’t matter whether it’s pptp or not! the fact is that I noticed that when you enter the password, he does not remember it, that is, with an empty password, you can break into the VPN ... I don’t know what to do, you can register a username and password through the console and then ...?

phone: HTC Desire on Android 2.1
happa
Message#19
09.08.10, 13:11
Guru nikon
[offline]

Messages 396
Check in: 21.12.09
Apple iPhone 5s

I still do not understand anything in routers, but everything worked out for me ... Asus 520GC router, settings via pptp ... everything works the first time.

--------------------
Mobile: Motorola C200->Samsung C100->Sony Ericsson W700->Htc Hero->Apple iPhone 3G>Samsung Galaxy Note N7000->Iphone 5->Iphone 5s
Sound: Cowon J3 16GB + Sennheiser CX 300-II->Sennheiser CX 870 + sennheiser game zero
bensol
Message#20
16.08.10, 17:54
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 14
Check in: 21.11.09

I have almost the same situation. Wi-fi is connected and you can climb on the inner city Internet with the help of your communicator and when setting up VPN via PPTP everything is connected but external pages are not loaded. How to be? May need third-party programs?
ipaq
Message#21
18.09.10, 13:25
User
[offline]

Messages 58
Check in: 21.09.05

I also can't figure out how to configure vpn - there are too few of these settings in the android, I want to connect to the working computer (windows 2003 sever r2), from the desktop computer the connection is excellent, but not from the android (2.1).

http://www.radikal.ru/F/s09.radikal.ru//182/10...dee682.pg.html

: blush:

Post has been editedipaq - 18.09.10, 13:26

39 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 03/05/19, 02:40