> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Digma e500 | E-Ink Vizplex

Rep: (1013)
DiscussionDigma e500
Discussion пїЅ | Description | FAQ | Firmware пїЅ

Post has been editedKUKUndrik - 29.08.16, 15:09

Rep: (2)
Who knows what a clone is?
I bought myself the cheapest on the email market. book. It seems to work. Declared formats reads. It is a little unpleasant that brakes drawing.

Rep: (13)
I do not know whose clone. Bought because of the fact that the cheapest. The radio started working only after updating the firmware. I can not compare with anything, since I have this first reader.

Rep: (3)
Today I watched this miracle in the store. The tactile sensations are a rather pleasant machine - the new Onyx recalled, which was played for two days. The radio turned on immediately, the rest of the functions also work. I'm thinking of getting myself. I liked the price, but slightly strained the side buttons for turning the pages.

Rep: (4)
Is the screen pretty gray? is it all so ??

Rep: (13)
I don’t compare the grayness with anything else, but I’ve watched an article about testing a reader of another company with number 700, that’s really gray. And here the grayness suits me perfectly. But there are programmatic shortcomings, such as quotes in the form of squares (slightly, but annoying in some cases), I hope they will correct. After all, the new firmware was released pretty soon.

Rep: (0)
Some questions to sabzh users:
1. The gyro sensor rotates only from the usual to the wide position (the control buttons are obtained on the left) or, as in the 360, can you twist as you like, for example upside down?
2. Can the control buttons be reassigned for other actions?
3. Is the support of zipped fb2 implemented?
4. Well, how is it that with long-suffering pdf and deja vu, usable n?
5. Does the book understand the structure of thematic folders on the disk and, if it understands, how many levels of attachment?

Well, in general, with the pros it seems to be understandable, especially about the price, but I would like to know more about the minuses and pitfalls and not hesitate :).

Rep: (6)
1. As in the PocketBook - in any direction.
2. No, the buttons can not be reassigned.
3. Zip is not supported yet.
4. So far, not very much, but I hope this will be fixed in the new firmware.
5. I did not check the maximum depth, but I see level 3-4.

The obvious disadvantages lie in the software area: no support for zip, doc; no normal operation with pdf and DjVu; Sometimes the screen is spontaneously updated.

But in this price range Digma is the best choice.

Rep: (0)
Vladimirr66,
You need to change the font in the settings, then the quotes will be displayed correctly.

Post has been editedhobot_66 - 26.07.10, 05:15

Rep: (1)
I can not flash, I threw the unpacked file on the USB flash drive, turned it off, pressed ok and on, the monitor blinked once and that's it, tell me how to flash

Rep: (4)
I asked yesterday! At first I also did not understand why it does not start - you need to release the power button and ok when the screen flashes!

I flashed mine immediately upon arrival from the store, because the computer did not see her. I did everything as written on the site, it turned out the first time. Now everything works fine and the computer sees the reader.

version B is written on the screen June 18, 2010, is this the latest firmware version?

Rep: (74)
http://www.hdsystem.ru/dg/e500_fw_06_08_2010.zip
beta version of the firmware from 08/06/2010 (as it is easy to guess from the file name) with djvu zip support full screen mode (ok button), partial clock update

Post has been editedMrStalnoi - 06.08.10, 22:49

On off.sayte lies from 06/25/2010 While I use this.

If someone uses the firmware that I posted - please make a photo reader with the included book on the full screen and put it here.

Changes:
DJVU
PDF sensor operation
fullscreen mode (OK button)
partial update hours

Attached images
Attached Image

By new firmware:
- it looks like the icons have become clearer
- Support for Russian language in zip is not evaporated.

One thing pleases - there are no clocks in the full-screen display of the book - they have nothing to display and they will not update the screen

I figured out why it was not stitched, how I bought it, I installed a microSDHC flash drive with it, I do not need a microSD without HC from any manufacturer !!!

On off.sayte posted a fresh firmware. All changes are described above. Broke last night, normal flight.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/16/19, 06:28