Nokia N9 - Discussion | MeeGo-KMK, "3.9 AMOLED, 8MP + flash, 1GHz, WLAN, GPS, NFC, WCDMA / HSPA, USB
Relevance n9 in the modern ecosystem.
How much does N9 correspond to the modern mobile ecosystem?
Fully compliant ("clouds", tweet clients work. There are and clients of various services work) [ 68 ] ** [20,54%]
A lot of work, but something is no longer supported, I still get around with what I have, I have enough. [ 151 ] ** [45,62%]
Not at all (api for services that are not relevant. It is not possible to use many modern mobile services) [ 112 ] ** [33,84%]
Total votes: 331

Rep: (125)
Description | Discussion пїЅ | FAQ пїЅ | Problems with N9 " | Firmware пїЅ | Purchase and warranty пїЅ | TOPICS for N9

DiscussionNokia N9
Attached ImageAttached Image
  • before you ask a question look inFAQmost likely there you will quickly find the answer
  • heregames for N9 here programs for N9 or at OviStore
  • if you still can not find the answer, usesearch by topic discussion. How to search?
  • be mutually polite andsay "thank you" by increasing your reputation ( Picture)
  • if you do not have 15 more useful posts,ask to raise your reputationby pressing the buttonPictureunder the message of the one who helped you

Expanding memory for installing applications in the Nokia N9.
A large selection of programs MustHave and their review
Ability to run someAndroid-game

ARCHIVE polls
Attached Image

Brief specifications Nokia N9:
  • Communication standards support: WCDMA / HSPA 850, 900, 1900, 1700, 2100 MHz; GSM / EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
  • Dimensions: 116.45 x61.2x7.6-12.1 mm
  • Weight: 135 gr.
  • Display: 3.9-inch, AMOLED, a resolution of 854x480 pixels, a protective coating Gorilla glass
  • Camera: 8 MP with autofocus, Carl Zeiss optics, dual LED backlight, support for HD video recording (720p)
  • Processor: ARM Cortex-A8 OMAP3630 1 GHz, PowerVRSGX530
  • Memory: 1 GB RAM, 16/64 GB flash
  • Battery: 1450 mA / h
  • Communications: WLAN 802.11a / b / g / n, Bluetooth v2.1, GPS, A-GPS, NFC, 3.5 mm audio jack / 3.5 mm AV-out, micro USB 2.0 (USB charging)

ATTENTION!!!In the current topic there is a discussion of the device itself, its filling, regular software and its features (from what, where, how it should be, etc.)
Problems with the device and the installed software are discussed in the relevant topics.
Messages that do not comply with these rules will be transferred and deleted WITHOUT warnings.
For particularly frequent violators will be sanctioned according to the rules of the forum and section.

Mini Navigator:
Problems with Nokia N9, discuss here
Problems with the Nokia N900, you here
Features of purchase and Warranty litigation in:Purchase and warranty
We discuss problems with this or that program in the topic of the program itself, look here:Maemo / MeeGo - Programs
Anything that is not related to the topic of this topic or the ones above, but I really want to discuss (posts in the spirit of how good and beautiful my device is) - you can put it in the club -Club owners of devices on the OS Maemo / MeeGo

A small article about the current state of the platformon 4PDA

Post has been editedAlexxxl - 21.04.15, 09:47
Reason for editing: rebuilt header, updated questionnaire.

Rep: (337)
Crazand,
These are all quantitative changes, not qualitative ones. Well, except for the above RAMs and AMOLED.
Well, it will be a little more economical, the weather will not do it. The 1500 mAh batteries are the same size as the N900, the Chinese do. I can overclock the N900 to the same specifications.
All the brakes of the N900 are just due to the small amount of RAM: it constantly swaps.
About 720p support: the hardware of the N900 has no reason not to support it. Nokia, apparently, did not specifically implement its software support to create an artificial advantage in later models (as Apple does, for example).
About apples: firstly, they still have more powerful GPUs, and secondly, these are the 2010 models. Not 2011.
Of course, I agree that optimization is more important than bare specifications, and that an ondroed with its appearance on multi-core devices is ridiculous, but it was just MeeGo on such devices that could prove itself in all its glory.
Because it's optimization? I just hope that this is some kind of pre-pre-alpha version that will be sawn and sawn.
Everything else is regression. There is no radio (neither a receiver nor a transmitter), there is no keyboard (apparently, I’m not the majority), there is no camera shutter, there is no stand, for some reason there is no camera button, there is no IR transmitter, there is no replaceable battery, there are no flash drives (And it’s not necessary to say that they are not needed.N900 practice shows that it is extremely convenient to install other OSs on them, for example.), there are no stereo speakers ...
There is no desktop with widgets either. What are they going to replace in Harmattan? I did not see anything that was even close to this.
But nafig shoved the unnecessary magnetometer and NFC.
If there will be a PenTile, then this is completely sad.
As for the N950, then what's the difference, if it is almost impossible to get it, there will be no keyboard localization and generally no support, even a system repository?

Have you seen a revolution somewhere? The iPhone is also being improved, the same line of Desire is also being improved. I do not see any breakthroughs in mobile phones, only whistles and marketing.
What can you, lower those process? So this processor can also be overclocked to 1.5, and the percent on the N900 is chased to a gigahertz and not everyone is stable. Chases normally mine only from the first parties.
So the Chinese on a battery with 1000mAh can write 3200+ mAh and is this an indicator? Practice shows that the indicated frequency of the Chinese is far from reality.
I vkurse that all the brakes from the lack of operation. Therefore, the gig of optics is more important than 4 cores in the processor. This is actually the same in desktop Linux.
There are all reasons for not supporting 720p. Despite the same GPU / DSP index, the accelerators are different. As a minimum, the frequency in them is different, then it is not known what specifically for 720p decoding there was hardware changed.
GPU in apples is more powerful only in 2D, otherwise the samehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerVR#Series_5. Moreover, this did not stop the apple a year later from inserting into the iPhone 4 an accelerator of the same generation as in 3Gs and with increased resolution all games run smoothly.
In what glory? Who will write software for 2 cores? Do they write it on Ondroed? Although the Ondroid market has more than one MeeGo device. Until two nuclear apples come out, then in a year they can start to make an apple, and only then something will fall into the android as usual. Accordingly, the first two nuclear androids will be safely forgotten.

I wouldn’t refuse a keyboard either. I never understood the shutter of the camera, why to build in a dust collector, it’s not funny about the stand, it’s flimsy, there’s not much sense from it. Infrared port is also a thing to indulge in, the radio turned on a couple of times. Apparently, Nokia is still counting on a certain mass character and did not begin to turn back another geek toy. Flash drives, other OS? Show another OS for the N900 that is better than Mayo? The main thing is that there is enough memory, and how it is implemented, I personally care. But I would not refuse an additional flash drive, and only because there would be more memory, and not for installing the OS. Well, yes, NFC is not needed for Russia, but I think that in the rest of the world it may be useful.

In the N950 there will be all the buzz that it’s not possible to get it, sports interest, an exclusive phone, of which there will be units around the world. I don’t need localization of the keyboard, I type in phonetics. Can't I connect the system repository with my hands, or when did such nonsense among N900 owners become a problem?

So it seems like a droid?

Droid never played or recorded HD.

Manaos @ 06/22/2011, 10:56 PM*
Incredible, how could Nokia abandon MeeGo?

Etozh Nokia, they’re throwing sedna, are coming back tomorrow.

Rep: (52)
Just after such a wonderful geek toy like the N900, they released,***, massivedevice! * Nerd Rage *
Crazand @ 06/23/2011, 03:16*
So the Chinese on a battery with 1000mAh can write 3200+ mAh and is this an indicator? Practice shows that the indicated frequency of the Chinese is far from reality.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=65568

Post has been editedhxka - 23.06.11, 09:12

I am very familiar with that topic on TMT. It just clearly shows what the Chinese are and the capacity declared by them. And the fact that there, as an exception, 2 batteries coincide with the drawn capacity, does not mean how much this capacity will fall in a month, two, three, ....
Here's an honest word, it’s naive to believe that for 10 bucks you will be sold a good battery.

Do you need a phone not like everyone else? I don’t see anything bad if they support him at the expense of mass, longer. In general, goes on sale, we'll see. But to be honest, I’m more tuned to the N950, the limited edition and distribution to developers will not stop me if I wish.

Rep: (3)
Here is a post from anotherof the forum. Very correctly stated.
N9 is called the killer of the iPhone only zhurnalyugi, that would draw attention to themselves. Nokia never called it n9.

Are you even drawn into what is the beauty of this phone? This is the n900 receiver, i.e. not a mass product for housewives and kids, like an iPhone. The last of the Mohicans, on a moment. Here Samsung and LG make the iPhone’s dumb killers. This Nokia is not like an iPhone, at all. On Android, only HTC and MOTO do not criticize, they are interesting.
You noticed that almost all the people on the streets walk with the same black bricks on the android, which are distinguished only by the graphical shell and the long penis, i.e. processor power? Is this really high? From iPhones, one in four also feels sick, from children of 9 years old to adult uncles who do not even use 1/4 of their functions. But, of course, everyone has the right to use a telephone.
Do you remember the times when everyone had a different phone? Many different nokia, moto, siemens, samsungs in the end. It was more interesting, you ask, what is your phone, wow, color screen? Do you have call backlighting?
Now what questions? What twitter client do you use on your iPhone? Oh lord, where did the romance of mobile devices go?
Why am I doing this, why say that you need a nokia on an android? It's boring, the world should be full of colors, it should have bad products on a simbine, not very bad products on a simbine, good products on a moment. And you, everyone, want everything to be the same, a black brick with an android, oh my God, originality itself. I don’t touch the iPhone, I love him just like you, but he is also boring, simply because he is perfect.

Well ok, what can I say about n9. His sensor is the entire black surface in front. Those. "Swipe" is necessary from the borders of the screen. There is no such thing anywhere (as far as I am aware). This is a feature of the swipe that you did not like. By the way, I think it is very convenient, swipe left, and you are in the task manager with a preview of open applications and browser tabs. Tired of poking 2 times in the home, honestly.
Camera, touch focus, HD video 720p 30fps, Zeiss wide-angle lens, it's just cool, no doubt, cameras in flagship nokia have never failed. And there is no precipitate, like from android cameras.
Do not forget that Migou is a full Linux, most geeks are happy. And developers can get themselves n950, i.e. H9 with a quarter keyboard.
Out of the box support for twitter, facebook, vimeo and other services. Well ok ok, like google. Interestingly, again out of the box support for flac, wma. In apple it’s - alac, but Google is limited to mp3 so far, I don’t need about third-party players.
The browser, I almost forgot, Webkit2, html5, everything is as it should. At the iPhone level. Only all tabs will be displayed separately in the application manager. Which opens with a swipe to the left.
I do not really believe in the battery, but 7 hours of talk for 3,450 hours of waiting and 50 hours of music are stated. If true, then chic. Android smokes. The iPhone is close.
By the way, the Clear Black AMOLED 854x480 3.9-inch screen. This is normal, but interestingly, this is anti-reflective coating, i.e. You will not see your face on the phone screen as it is now in the iPhone. And the absence of an air gap between the glass and the screen itself, looks impressive, it is difficult to describe in words. And nothing will break quickly, for the gorilla is glass. By the way, the off screen is absolutely black, it looks like one solid black panel without screen borders, stylish.
All modern little things like push, mail, there are normal notifications. It's good.
You tell me who you will surprise with all of this, a hertz single-core processor with simple gpu and a gig of RAM, we saw this. Yes it is, but it works, and everywhere, correctly. And not like SGS2 only in benchmarks, otherwise everything works the same as on previous flagships.
Is the polycarbonate case bad, is aluminum better? Maybe, but I don’t think that the assembly will be bad, it feels like it will be a monolith. Doesn't look cheap once.
You can’t even say about running NFC, it’s not for show, like a Nexus 2. It works with audio accessories, which is cool.
And what is bad, deadly bad. That good Migou, praised by me, she doesn’t have half a million applications like on iOS, she doesn’t have billions of users, n9 will be sold approximately like n900, with scanty print runs. Nokia will support it, release new firmware, updates, etc. But new devices at Migou are unlikely to appear. He is the first and last, it’s just sad ... Next to WP7, it’s not what we loved, it’s probably much better, but not that one.
P.S. I am not a fan of Nokia, just I adequately assess the situation. No need to take with hostility the new products of such a wonderful company Nokia. Do you know how about the dead? Nokia died in 2007, and now it’s just trying to revive, and people who think that “android is better, just because everyone says that”, and “it would be better if they released phones on android”, only zemlyanks tossed into the grave, and the trolls clumsily. And we need a Nokia and a point, even half dead.
P.P.S. I advise you to watch the video review on the gadget, it will become clearer in this.
P.P.P.S. That's what bad weather does to a person; I want to write. But now it’s the sun. If someone doesn’t understand me, this is normal, do not rush with threats

Post has been editedgolden_dragon - 24.06.11, 16:54
Reason for editing: UV in posts is not welcome.

herevideo with more adequate spreads on presentation N9 (in English).

Rep: (866)
The new Nokia N9 smartphone will receive support for Android applications. And you need to thank Myriad Group and its Myriad Alien Dalvik virtual machine for this little miracle.
The virtual machine allows you to run unmodified applications for Google Android on devices using a different operating system. At the same time, Alien Dalvik does not slow down the operation of applications and does not require changes to their source code.
The Alien Dalvik version for the MeeGo platform will have to appear before the end of the year. And after that, owners of MeeGo-smartphones will be able to forget about the lack of applications for their gadgets.
(They wrote on mobiset)
So there will be enough applications for everyone on MeeGo, a tricky step)

Rep: (160)
golden_dragon like under n900 they were still developing something similar, I didn’t have an apparatus anymore, so I definitely can’t say how it all ended.

golden_dragon Well, it’s tricky of course, to make someone else’s ecosystem work for you. Who else would support these guys. Do they have a website?
Although, I'm afraid nothing will stop me from buying the N9, which is not even reasonable, although I will objectively recognize all the shortcomings and inconveniences.

Post has been editedgolden_dragon - 24.06.11, 16:55
Reason for editing: Comment noted.

And here is everyone else who has questions about the interface and doubts about the convenience are worth a lookhere. I think this is a very sensible and useful information.

Here is the Alien Dalvik websitehttp://www.myriadgroup.com/Device-Manufact...ien-Dalvik.aspx
It is a pity that the project is designed for manufacturers and you can’t buy this car freely. It would once again emphasize without the boundary functionality of the N900. Linux desktop applications, native WebOS games, Android programs and games, your own native applications and games, eh.

Rep: (13)
I think the second time after HTC Hero fell in love with the phone

Rep: (160)
Here they wrote about the analogue of N9 on win phone. I thought what the device on winphone can boast of?
Built-in office? Yes, it’s not bad on N9 either,
There are not many games on win phone yet, although I need games from the games - fruit ninjia, doodle jump, cut the rope and something else
IE 9 - I don’t think it is better than the browser in me

They work equally smoothly, win phone will be updated, but what will these updates give if it is still trimmed for the most I do not want. So the N9 is very good.
But damn what you need to be in order to say, when the phone is released, "well, look, the device is not bad, but this line will have no continuation, and we don’t really need it."

When the N900 just came out, I thought this business would be actively developing, was LG planning to participate in the development of meego? they could grab a huge market share ... N9 is a device that is definitely worth a look.

firemountain Well, it’s clear that the N9 came out on the obstinacy of the opposition existing in Nokia. The company is large, inert, so they managed to release it and knowing that it was a swan song released so as to loudly slam the coffin lid and die beautiful. And Elop, as a Microsoft implementer, will rely on WP and he does not need competition. The phones look like this, perhaps due to the fact that they didn’t give money for finishing the N9 and work on it was carried out in conjunction with SeaRay (a copy of the N9 on WP7), although it seems to me the guys did the N9 first.
The only thing that can save the line on the MeeGo is the commercial success of this device. Although Elop provided shareholders (who, logically, are primarily interested in profits) a lot of money from Microsoft, they won’t dismiss the profits from MeeGo.

Posted on 06/25/2011, 12:06:

Firemountain @ 06/25/2011, 11:24*
What will the device on winphone be able to boast of?

To begin with, he has a camera button) I’m thinking about it if he has a bigger battery and will be able to put MeeGo.

Posted on 06/25/2011, 12:07:

Crazand, Yes, in general, then you can try to screw some kind of free java-machine. The device will come out, let's see.

delirious, delirious, So in Android out of the box will be Dalvik. And for the N900 there is some kind of Java machine, but it is not suitable for Android applications.

Crazand, I meant an alternative to Dalvik, for example Ice robot and others more completed projects .
This is generally a trend on many platforms, so there is a choice of what to cut and screw to Harmattan.

Post has been editeddelirious - 25.06.11, 13:53

Rep: (52)
delirious, delirious,
More complete? Look at the date of the article. Since then, the result is zero.

Rep: (6)
Nokia CEO Stephen Elop: “There will be no return to MeeGo”

Rep: (15)
The best part is that the CEO is an elected position, and not all microsoft shareholders.

"Nokia Vice President of Sales Colin Giles, judging by a note on MyNokiaBlog, said that the device will go on sale at a price
$ 660 for 16 GB model and by $ 750 for 64 GB ."

It is a reasonable price for me. I don’t know how for the rest.

Post has been editeddelirious - 27.06.11, 19:16

Rep: (17)
nonsense @ nonsense @ 06.26.2011, 2:15*
"Nokia Vice President of Sales Colin Giles, judging by a note on MyNokiaBlog, said that the device will go on sale at a price
$ 660 for 16 GB model and by $ 750 for 64 GB ."

It is a reasonable price for me. I don’t know how for the rest.

Well, if so bad .. in Europe buy for 20 - 64 gigabytes version. In Russia, I definitely won’t take it even if I do, the price will probably be furious. The main thing is that he really could run applications for android, there are a couple of very necessary: ​​D. By the way, what kind of bluetooth 4.0 is it? And who knows what applications he has by default besides the browser?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 12/08/19 00:17