Nokia N9 - Discussion | MeeGo-KMK, "3.9 AMOLED, 8MP + flash, 1GHz, WLAN, GPS, NFC, WCDMA / HSPA, USB
Relevance n9 in the modern ecosystem.
How much does N9 correspond to the modern mobile ecosystem?
Fully compliant ("clouds", tweet clients work. There are and clients of various services work) [ 68 ] ** [20,54%]
A lot of work, but something is no longer supported, I still get around with what I have, I have enough. [ 151 ] ** [45,62%]
Not at all (api for services that are not relevant. It is not possible to use many modern mobile services) [ 112 ] ** [33,84%]
Total votes: 331

Rep: (125)
Description | Discussion пїЅ | FAQ пїЅ | Problems with N9 " | Firmware пїЅ | Purchase and warranty пїЅ | TOPICS for N9

DiscussionNokia N9
Attached ImageAttached Image
  • before you ask a question look inFAQmost likely there you will quickly find the answer
  • heregames for N9 here programs for N9 or at OviStore
  • if you still can not find the answer, usesearch by topic discussion. How to search?
  • be mutually polite andsay "thank you" by increasing your reputation ( Picture)
  • if you do not have 15 more useful posts,ask to raise your reputationby pressing the buttonPictureunder the message of the one who helped you

Expanding memory for installing applications in the Nokia N9.
A large selection of programs MustHave and their review
Ability to run someAndroid-game

ARCHIVE polls
Attached Image

Brief specifications Nokia N9:
  • Communication standards support: WCDMA / HSPA 850, 900, 1900, 1700, 2100 MHz; GSM / EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
  • Dimensions: 116.45 x61.2x7.6-12.1 mm
  • Weight: 135 gr.
  • Display: 3.9-inch, AMOLED, a resolution of 854x480 pixels, a protective coating Gorilla glass
  • Camera: 8 MP with autofocus, Carl Zeiss optics, dual LED backlight, support for HD video recording (720p)
  • Processor: ARM Cortex-A8 OMAP3630 1 GHz, PowerVRSGX530
  • Memory: 1 GB RAM, 16/64 GB flash
  • Battery: 1450 mA / h
  • Communications: WLAN 802.11a / b / g / n, Bluetooth v2.1, GPS, A-GPS, NFC, 3.5 mm audio jack / 3.5 mm AV-out, micro USB 2.0 (USB charging)

ATTENTION!!!In the current topic there is a discussion of the device itself, its filling, regular software and its features (from what, where, how it should be, etc.)
Problems with the device and the installed software are discussed in the relevant topics.
Messages that do not comply with these rules will be transferred and deleted WITHOUT warnings.
For particularly frequent violators will be sanctioned according to the rules of the forum and section.

Mini Navigator:
Problems with Nokia N9, discuss here
Problems with the Nokia N900, you here
Features of purchase and Warranty litigation in:Purchase and warranty
We discuss problems with this or that program in the topic of the program itself, look here:Maemo / MeeGo - Programs
Anything that is not related to the topic of this topic or the ones above, but I really want to discuss (posts in the spirit of how good and beautiful my device is) - you can put it in the club -Club owners of devices on the OS Maemo / MeeGo

A small article about the current state of the platformon 4PDA

Post has been editedAlexxxl - 21.04.15, 09:47
Reason for editing: rebuilt header, updated questionnaire.

Rep: (337)
Hxka @ 06/21/2011, 14:33*
Absolutely no different from Maemo, except the possibility of manual scaling.

I actually compared with other OSs. Here is the interface from Mayo 6, which, as it were, hints at a logical continuation of multitasking.

In general, the device is not impressed. The only serious hardware advantage over the N900 is the amount of RAM. Everything.

The processor is faster, more economical, the camera is likely to be better, recording in 720p, the display is larger and the technology is more economical, the resolution is a bit higher, as the operations said earlier, there is more memory out of the box, and a larger battery.

SoC is the same OMAP 3. For 2009 and the N900 it was cool, but in 2011 it was never a flagship.

Well, first of all, the process is lower, in addition to frequency and performance is higher, it uses less energy, GPUs and DSPs also work at frequencies higher.
And most importantly, what would be cool on paper or workable in reality?

There is no keyboard, no flash drives, no OTG, not even a banal camera button.

Horror, why flash drives? Does the phone now have more than 64GB of memory somewhere? OTG, as if officially in the N900, is not there either, and it appeared more than half a year later, and then the battery drops to zero.

The keyboard to most is minus than plus. With a keyboard there is an N950

Attached Image

http://habrahabr.ru/blogs/nokia/122391/

BUZRZUM @ 06/21/2011, 15:02*
This is the problem. Therefore, migo has no future and could not have been with such an approach.

How can there be no future if this line of devices is produced for 6 years? Just to say something in response? Or there is no future, because the device is morally out of date in half a year and games on Android will not go on? I repeat again, the device does not pretend to mass, pass by.

Fox283 @ 06/21/2011, 15:02*
scary transition but lower resolution on a larger screen.
Well, purely psychologically downgrade in resolution

And why do I need to change the iPhone, if everything suits?

Fox283 @ 06/21/2011, 15:02*
Internet on Wifi and Edge, calls, sms. and the truth is nothing supernatural, well, all the previous ones (3G, Mailstone, N900, HD2.3G) lived for a day.

Anyway, poyuzayte it for several hours in a row, play, surf, inter distribute hours 5.

I will explain my skepticism - there will be A5 on the iphone, if they release any game for the phone, then it is released for the iphone. A weak percentage in Nokia means that you can not even wait for a port on it, but now everyone will write that they don’t need games ... But doesn’t you need fast hardware for desktop Linux applications like open office? Yes, and even the iphone is now in such a position that they can do anything with their hardware, but the developers will not go anywhere, and Nokia is now in a slightly different position ...

Again the game, buy an iPhone and do not suffer. What does it mean a weak percent, percent similar to what is in iPhone 4. And the GPU is similar to an iPhone. So on an iPhone with such an “outdated” GPU, there are many times more games than on Android with super GPUs and processors. What is this talking about?
The whole problem is that you have no idea what you're talking about. What is Open Office on a capacitive screen? No one will adapt Open Office, because there is no need for it, there are lighter editors. On the N900, the Open Office does not start natively and on acceleration with 1GHz it works quite tolerably, on the N9 it theoretically should work even faster.
As they said about the N900, "The N900 didn’t make Nokia," probably with the N9 it will be the same.

Post has been editedCrazand - 22.06.11, 08:53

Rep: (19)
Crazand @ 06/22/2011, 09:51*
How can there be no future if this line of devices is produced for 6 years? Just to say something in response? Or there is no future, because the device is morally out of date in half a year and games on Android will not go on? I repeat again, the device does not pretend to mass, pass by.

There is no future because it "does not pretend to be massive." To produce an apparatus that does not pretend to be a good seller is not the most sensible idea, given that the wasps could compete. Therefore, one should not try to expose the device as something elitist, it does not pretend to be popular because it cannot be sold in large quantities, and not because they would not want to sell it in large quantities.

BUZRZUM, Nokia sells its dialers in tens of millions, from your logic you need to conclude that these are the coolest phones?

Rep: (19)
Crazand @ 06/22/2011, 11:43*
Oka sells its dialers to tens of millions, from your logic you need to conclude that these are the coolest devices

From my logic, we can conclude that instantly and n9 deserve more than what they get in the end. Something that I saw in n9 reviews does not make the device a toy for geeks, which only a select few can understand.

BUZRZUM, I agree. But I want to emphasize once again that the lack of advertising and mass character in the N900 did not stop popularity in certain circles. And with software everything is fine, functionally it was and is more advanced than competitors, and everything turned out with support. True, Nokia's merit was only in the release of the device itself.

Another vyser MurtazinaElop's Abortion Victim - Nokia N9: First and Last MeeGo. Although the photo was changed, otherwise they were all smeared. The floor of the forum does not agree with the vyser and it is simply that writing in such a tone is not decent, it was well banned.

Another "why Nokia is good" from the genjemanhttp://the-ultimate111.livejournal.com/40210.html. It seems without much fanaticism and drooling as it was with the N8.

If the display is with PenTile, then this is very sad.

Post has been editedCrazand - 22.06.11, 13:22

Rep: (52)
Crazand,
These are all quantitative changes, not qualitative ones. Well, except for the above RAMs and AMOLED.
Well, it will be a little more economical, the weather will not do it. The 1500 mAh batteries are the same size as the N900, the Chinese do. I can overclock the N900 to the same specifications.
All the brakes of the N900 are just due to the small amount of RAM: it constantly swaps.
About 720p support: the hardware of the N900 has no reason not to support it. Nokia, apparently, did not specifically implement its software support to create an artificial advantage in later models (as Apple does, for example).
About apples: firstly, they still have more powerful GPUs, and secondly, these are the 2010 models. Not 2011.
Of course, I agree that optimization is more important than bare specifications, and that an ondroed with its appearance on multi-core devices is ridiculous, but it was just MeeGo on such devices that could prove itself in all its glory.
Becausethis- optimization? I just hope that this is some kind of pre-pre-alpha version that will be sawn and sawn.
Everything else is regression. There is no radio (neither a receiver nor a transmitter), there is no keyboard (apparently, I’m not the majority), there is no camera shutter, there is no stand, for some reason there is no camera button, there is no IR transmitter, there is no replaceable battery, there are no flash drives (And it’s not necessary to say that they are not needed.N900 practice shows that it is extremely convenient to install other OSs on them, for example.), there are no stereo speakers ...
There is no desktop with widgets either. What are they going to replace in Harmattan? I did not see anything that was even close to this.
But nafig shoved the unnecessary magnetometer and NFC.
If there will be a PenTile, then this is completely sad.
As for the N950, then what's the difference, if it is almost impossible to get it, there will be no keyboard localization and generally no support, even a system repository?

Post has been editedhxka - 22.06.11, 15:46

Rep: (1043)
Hxka @ 06/22/2011, 16:41*
About 720p support: the N900 has no reason not to support it in hardware
Why is this? I know only one device on a similar hardware (3430), which "can" 720p. This is Samsung i8910. And "maybe" he is very sorry - no AVC, only Divx / Xvid. Video recording is the most-easiest and most primitive AVC profile, quality is not better than 480p stretched to this resolution. In addition, according to rumors, there is generally a separate chip for the video, and not the native one at 3430 o_O
In connection with this model there were funny frauds on the ti site, but they did not change the iron ...

Hxka @ 06/22/2011, 16:41*
Because it's optimization?
run google earth on a laptop with integrated graphics ... It will work even slower: D
In general, in vain they did such powerful 3D in maps, they would have left as it was ...

mgeee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRI0NUaWko8
I know only one device on a similar hardware (3430), which "can" 720p

So it seems like a droid?

Post has been editedhxka - 22.06.11, 16:38

Rep: (131)
Crazand @ 06/22/2011, 14:22*
Another "why Nokia is good" from the genjemanhttp://the-ultimate111.livejournal.com/40210.html. It seems without much fanaticism and drooling as it was with the N8.

Really? The first suggestion is what it costs ............: D Regarding the device, as for me, the design is really cool, it’s just ideal for me, and I didn’t care at that, unless of course the price is fully justified ... . which of course will not happen .... :( but I will believe .... :)

Ihere on GSMArenalooked, and it seems there is alsoOTG and HDMI via USB will be (apparently included cable).
And I don’t know about the popularity of the future, but the negotiability of the device is incredible everywhere.

Posted on 06/22/2011, 17:22:

that's just with micro-SIM what to do? our operators give out such?

Post has been editeddelirious - 22.06.11, 17:19

delirious, delirious,
There is complete nonsense. There is no OTG, Java MIDP 2.1 (lol) and HDMI. Where they got it from is generally unclear. The video output is composite, as in the N900.
I’ll tell you a secret: the speeds in USB 2.0 are not the ones to drive video on them even theoretically.

Rep: (1043)
Hxka @ 06/22/2011, 17:18*
So it seems like a droid?
not. The first on 3430 - does not pull. The second, at 3630 - pulls.

hxka that means they no longer have faith. So, as usual, we will fasten. What is there, yes, God bless this HDMI, WiFi is - so you can watch the devil of wires. Although what am I talking about? In fact, the function is almost never used.
What is essentially necessary is OTG, there are no more complaints.

Post has been editeddelirious - 22.06.11, 18:08

Rep: (24)
HDMI is) Representatives of allnokii at the presentation yesterday were)

The-Woron @ 06/22/2011, 19:12*
HDMI is

How so?

hxka Apparently the same as on the Galaxy SII. I did not go into details of how this works, but everything works through the USB port.

Rep: (45)
maybe through the adapter ...
although it seems to me that there will be an ordinary composite one, like on n95, n900 and so on.

Rep: (478)
I’ll definitely buy it, B) just for the sake of collection and to try it, I have been waiting for it too long :)
PS: In general, I believe in Nikia and the Council of Europe, even if not today, but I hope that tomorrow they will come back to first positions. And then to be honest, Sino-Korean crafts have already fed up) I want again, the quality and brand of this)

Rep: (18)
Incredible, how could Nokia abandon MeeGo?
Such a promising axis was. And it was supposed to be supported on phones, and on tablets, and on computers, and even in cars.

It’s impossible to understand with our minds how much money we invest in development, so we feed PR on steepness and so that in the end we just stupidly abandon the project, without even passing it to anyone.
Diversion however

by the way, the video from euronews on this model is a storyline -http://ru.euronews.net/2011/06/21/nokia-s-...g-its-troubles/

Post has been editedManaos - 22.06.11, 23:58

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/08/19, 04:18