> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

If you posted a new version of the program, please notify the moderator by clicking the "Complaint" button on your message.

iBooks | [IPhone] [iPad] Apple standard book reader

Rep: (141)
iBooks
Version: 3.2

Last update of the program in the header:25.12.2013

Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

Short description:
reader

Description:
iBooks are a great way to download and read books created for the iPad. IBooks has a built-in iBookstore online store, from which you can download the latest bestsellers and your favorite classic pieces - at any time. Find your favorite books on the magnificent bookshelf. Open the book by pressing, scroll through it with gestures of swiping or pressing and bookmark your favorite pages.

Functions:

• Download your favorite books from the iBookstore integrated online store.
• In addition to regular novels, iBookstore also offers a number of richly illustrated editions, narrated books, and books enhanced with exclusive additional audio and video features;
• easily adjust the brightness to choose the best lighting in any conditions;
• Find a word, symbol or phrase anywhere in the book using the search function;
• synchronize bookmarks, notes and the current page wirelessly between iPhone, iPad and iPod touch using the new automatic synchronization function;
• quickly find the desired page using the navigation element at the bottom of each page;
• Add PDFs to iBooks from Mail. You can add them to iTunes and sync to iPhone, iPad or iPod touch;
• Take advantage of the impressive iBooks accessibility features on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, such as speaking a word on a specific page.

System requirements:

• To use iBooks, iPhone and iPod touch must be running iPhone iOS 4 or later. iPad - running 3.2 or later;
• The iBookstore online store is available in many countries. However, the assortment of books available for download may vary;
• Apple ID is required to download books from the iBookstore online store;
• To automatically synchronize bookmarks on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, Wi-Fi or a network connection must be activated, as well as an Apple ID.
• iBooks only opens books published in electronic ePub format or documents in PDF format;
• To add ePub books purchased outside of iBookstore to iBooks, they must be DRM-free and synced to iPad using iTunes 9.2 or later;
• Some PDFs may not be compatible with iBooks.

iTunes Store: http://itunes.apple.com/en/app/ibooks/id364709193?mt=8

Download: version 3.2
past versions

Post has been editedBlackfish - 25.12.13, 05:02
Reason for editing: update

Rep: (771)
Can’t you change the color and font size, or am I looking badly? : rolleyes:

UPD just read in the program description:
• the ability to align the text in width or left. You can change its location in Settings

and HOW to get into the settings? : scratch_one-s_head:

Post has been editednobodys_light - 23.06.10, 10:10

Rep: (284)
Well, the font size is changed by clicking on the letter A at the top of the page, if you can’t see it, tap on the screen once.

Weld @ 23.6.10, 14:21*
font size is changed by clicking on the letter A at the top of the page

This is what I found :) and where are the other settings? or are there simply almost none here? : rolleyes:

Rep: (284)
And I forgot even in the settings of samago iPhone there is little, by the way there is text alignment.

weld , there I did not guess to see: D
Thank!

Rep: (26)
Now works great. True, it takes a long time to load.

Rep: (75)
Dail @ 23.6.10, 9:58*
Corrected already. Redsn0w beta utility updated to version 0.9.5b5-4. In less than a day, the utility was updated again. Fixed problems after jail with iBooks application.

continuing the topic -here is the download link

Rep: (17)
Delivered on 3G (4.0 + Jail). The flight is normal. Only it really slows down. The solution is definitely not for this device. The settings are scarce. Cannot disable animation. Although the interactive animation of the pages I personally inserted. But, again, it slows down. Books are thrown without any problems. While staying on ShortBook'e. Frisky, flexible, mmmm, the best :).

Rep: (64)
And something flies for me, on 4.0 with a jail, when I open the table of contents :(

Rep: (0)
who doesn’t have iBooks working on 3g, put on top of your jail, a jail made with the help of redsn0w_win_0.9.5b5-5 and uncheck the install Cydia checkbox (everything will be ok !!! Cydia will remain from the last jail)

Rep: (26)
Updated to version 1.1.1
# the image is double-taped (after that it can be zoomed in with two fingers)
# Added ability to use books including audio and video
# increased stability when reading PDF files
# search for meanings of English words in books with unspecified language
# fixed error when some books were not fully loaded
# a large number of various improvements that enhance the stability of iBooks

Post has been editedarman911 - 20.07.10, 19:46

Rep: (27)
My iBook works quite well on 3Gs, from the first versions, to Jail and after. I throw books through Tuna

Who has problems finding books in the form of this program, here’s the site -http://fb2pdf.com/
It has not a small library, but if suddenly the necessary book was not found, then it can be uploaded and converted to the desired format.

Rep: (51)
Tell me, is this ibux completely free or has something like a trial period of use? And then I read something, as if after a while I might start asking for money. If I didn’t mess anything, of course.

Rep: (146)
berk_bear absolutely free because Apple makes money on books sold through the store.

Rep: (361)
I have huge fields on the sides ... in the end, as if reading poetry ((
And there is no full-screen mode ...
At least I did not find ...
In addition, the device warms up at the start of ibooks
Only for the sake of a beautiful shelf and page turning I will not keep ...
I stay on ShortBook

Post has been editedSummoner - 08.08.10, 21:43

Rep: (27)
Attached Image

That's what it looks like with me. Maybe you installed it buggy? The device does not heat up after a few hours of reading.

Post has been editedLoredan - 08.08.10, 21:50

Rep: (361)
Loredan
No, I have much more indentation on the sides, especially in the vertical orientation.
Maybe the problem was in the book itself, maybe there is a crooked formatting initially ...
But in any case, see) With the same ShortBook, there have never been such problems) Threw fb2 without any conversions and enjoy life)

And who knows, after I clicked on the footnote, you were forwarded to the end of the book, how to go back?
So far I’m solving the problem with the help of bookmarks: before clicking on the footnote I make a bookmark, after which I return to it. But this is hemorrhage.

Rep: (150)
Have you come up with a way to add your books to the ibux on the device?

Sisian @ 20.8.10, 12:56*
Have you come up with a way to add your books to the ibux on the device?

Come up with.
Convert a book from FB2, PDF to ePub withhttp://sorotokin.com/fb2epub.htmlor Caliber and the mouse you drop it into iTunes.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/14/19, 18:03