Apple iPod Classic - Discussion | Multimedia player

Rep: (785)
DiscussioniPod classic
media player

• To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Specifications
Dimensions: 103.5 x61.8 x10.5
Weight: 140 g
Display: TFT with LED backlight 2.5 "320x240
Memory: 160 GB
Supported audio formats: AAC (from 8 to 320 kbps), protected by AAC (for files from the iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (from 8 to 320 kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX and AAX +), Apple Lossless, AIFF and WAV
Supported video formats: H.264, speed up to 1.5 Mbps, resolution 640x480 pixels, 30 frames / s, basic H.264 low complexity profile with AAC-LC sound up to 160 kbps, 48 ​​kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov; H.264 video, speed up to 2.5 Mbps, resolution 640x480 pixels, 30 frames / s, basic profile up to level 3.0 with AAC-LC sound up to 160 kbps, 48 ​​kHz, stereo sound in .m4v, .mp4 format and .mov; MPEG-4 video, speeds up to 2.5 Mbps, resolution 640x480 pixels, 30 frames / s, simple profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 kbps, 48 ​​kHz, stereo sound in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov formats
Power supply: Li-Ion battery, USB.
A photo
Attached Image
Links
Instructions

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.
If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).

Post has been edited-SunLion- - 03.12.14, 09:11
Reason for editing: standardized section + diagnostic mode

Rep: (1)
Ipod 3g 4gb
[attachment = "539464: release_19062010065.jpg"] [attachment = "539465: release_19062010067.jpg"]

Those. data:
Help please, people who know and think ...

Description of the problem:
I soldered the battery for my own needs, and after that I could not solder it back (supposedly the contacts were mixed up). After the mains connection, it began to work normally, but it did not turn on when powered from the battery. After the second contact propayka, the screen failed, screenshots resulted ... White screen when turned on, and at the bottom a gray bar. When turned on, it also soundsdouble beep.

There have been actions:
Propayka

Post has been editedHanzo - 30.06.10, 00:42

The consignor - throw in the trash: yes2:

mi.viktor,
Cause?

I got an iPod 30GB - 3rd Generation [M8948B / A]

fota
Attached Image

One and a half years it was not charged.
Batu ordered. Changed. Not charging.
The cable is working (checked with the iPhone). Batteries (native "started", it works too) workers. The charger for Unic batteries charges them (At Unik, too, 3.7. Wires hung up.).
Trying to sync.

Not charging . At all. That is the problem.

Another question and can this be somehow related to the first question?
(I will still google, but I will be grateful to kick in the right direction)
When I tried to sync with HRY, iTunes cursed that the beast mated with Mac, and whether I want to reset it (including music), after which it will also update the firmware and get kosher. I refused and Sparky did not happen.
How to save music?

Post has been editedHanzo - 30.06.10, 00:57

Rep: (0)
Wow .... I got it =)))) My feelings!
iPod is an iPod. He speaks for himself. Attractive design, unchanged for many years, but this does not lose its individuality and attractiveness. Excellent ergonomics, click wheel as always convenient, good screen, bright, you can watch movies (constantly doing this on the road) - your eyes do not get tired. The beautiful case (I have black), in comparison with the previous models, it seems to me that it is even a little thinner, even unusual, it seems that you hold your entire music collection in your hand and a couple of dozen films, but these 160 GB are almost not felt.
I never hung up, it works smartly. While everyone is happy.
Only, frustrating brand, scratching mirror surface.

Rep: (107)
Hanzo,
Such a problem: Ipod classic got the 3rd generation at 30 gig. Also did not charge for a long time. Has ceased to turn on (when connecting to a computer, an unknown device is being written ..... When turned on, the hard drive is rustling .... Help me?
[attachment = "588558: post_205 ... 77848210.jpg"]

Yes, and could you pofotkat it from the inside, so what's there and how?

Post has been editedenotik500 - 16.08.10, 16:08

enotik500 @ 16.8.10, 16:08*
Yes, and could you pofotkat it from the inside, so what's there and how?

If not thrown out - sfotyu.

Rep: (4)
the ltc 4055t chip is responsible for charging, or one of the chokes has disappeared, or the battery is faulty

or battery is faulty

100% working.
or one of the chokes was dropped

Is it possible on the diagram?

Please help with solving the problem.

Subject: iTunes hangs when the device is connected (Ipod Classic 120 gb)

Has been acquired. Everything is wonderful connected. Synchronization started, but there was a lot of music and not enough time. It was interrupted by pulling the cable out of the device (about 100 songs managed to be recorded, and then clumsily due to the interruption of synchronization and most of it did not play). When you try to re-sync, iTunes is tightly hanging (at the same time, attempts to synchronize periodically were displayed on the device). After trying on another machine, after about 15 minutes it still synchronized and suggested deleting the library, because she is a stranger. Deleted. After that, the first machine connected to iTunes. I went into the properties of the device and chose the item - restore factory settings. I downloaded something from the Internet for about 10 minutes, uploaded it to the player and rebooted it. After that, when trying to connect, iTunes hangs tightly on both the first and the second machine. On the first one you have to overload, because even the task manager is not removed, and on the second machine it dies when you stick out the USB cable. And on the device during this deadlock, "cinnected" proudly flaunts ...
Help, please deal with this crazy stuff. It was necessary to pull out the cable once, interrupting the recording of songs on the device and such a hemorrhagic ???
Thanks a lot in advance!

P.S. Version of iTunes 10 (tried and 9)
Windows 7 (tried and XP on another machine)

Post has been editedel-str - 18.09.10, 22:03

I figured it out myself. I found a program on one of the forums, with which I made a full formatting of the device as an external hard drive.

How to fix:
- Connect the player to iTunes
- It successfully and tightly hangs
- Forcibly remove a task from the "Task Manager" (Ctrl + Alt + Delete, process - iTunes.exe)
- Launch the program (link below)
- Format your iPod in it
- Reboot it by simultaneously pressing and holding the central button with "Menu" until a gray screen with the logo "Apple" appears.

After committing identical actions, absolutely wonderful connected. Hope everyone else helps. Good luck!

Prog
Attached fileguiformat.rar(30.19 KB)

Post has been editedHanzo - 20.09.10, 13:55

All good! I decided to buy a classic 160. Pleases volume. The question is how to distinguish one generation from another. In google was. The fact is that on sale I met 5gen, 6gen, 2,3. The price is about one. Externally the same. Opening hours also indicate an identical 36 hours to music. What is the difference?

Help!! please, in addition, in short the classic 160 gb constantly thinks that it is plugged into the network, firmware and recovery through tuna does not help, that’s the problem, thanks in advance

Posted on 07.11.2010, 16:03:

Mixailss @ 10/20/2010 8:31*
All good! I decided to buy a classic 160. Pleases volume. The question is how to distinguish one generation from another. In google was. The fact is that on sale I met 5gen, 6gen, 2,3. The price is about one. Externally the same. Opening hours also indicate an identical 36 hours to music. What is the difference?

You can distinguish it by inscriptions from behind, and by the way, 160 gigs happens only on version 6

Rep: (7)
Hello everyone, people. The other day I became interested in buying a classic. Onthe siteone of the local retailers discovered it, but the 7th generation. Tell me, what is the salt of the 7th generation? Or is this a PR move, in connection with the update of other players?

Post has been edited..DoTs .. - 16.12.10, 09:03

Rep: (458)
..DoTs ..,
the differences from 6 (I have one) are mostly cosmetic; the “black” color of the panel is more black (I have it more graphite), in the 7th generation there are no versions for 120 Gb. It seems everything: happy:

Rep: (7)
Yeah, and for the sake of it was worth releasing a new generation: happy:

Rep: (458)
..DoTs ..,
Well, this is purely my "unaware opinion", with such a question it is better to forum player.ru or doctorhead.ru - they know more about such moments;)

Rep: (4)
good day.
I had such a problem, when connected to a computer, the time and date settings are reset every time.

The question to the owners of the classics: is it possible to sort the images (pictures) on the iPod, by date there or something else?

Rep: (5)
In my Ipod, photos go through folders by date, they are not there.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/31/19, 09:29