98 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Android internet traffic leak
Do you have a traffic leak?
Do you have a traffic leak?
yes, there is a constant [ 2270 ] ** [44,31%]
Yes, there are sometimes, and it is not clear what traffic is eating [ 1593 ] ** [31,1%]
No, after disabling auto sync and auto-update in software [ 184 ] ** [3,59%]
No, after using DroidWall [ 195 ] ** [3,81%]
no, initially [ 295 ] ** [5,76%]
No, if the Internet is disabled in the settings or in the widget, but when enabled, there is a leak [ 586 ] ** [11,44%]
Total votes: 5123

dimettry
Message#1
04.06.10, 08:09
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 267
Check in: 24.08.07

Everything is good in android for me, except for this problem. Since I am often in international roaming, for me it is just a disaster. So I use WM for now, but I really want to switch to android.
As I understand it, there is only one program that restricts access to selected programs on the Internet.DroidWall, but firstly it requires root rights, and to go under the root to the Internet is quite dangerous, as far as I remember from Linux. Ktomuzhe it does not work on many devices, and requires a flashing to the one in which there is a necessary library. for example, on the most interesting devices, such as desire or nexus one, it does not work.

I learned about the leakage problem a long time ago.this news
and even started a topicherebut to no avail. And as far as I understand, the problem has not been solved for all the past time, or am I mistaken?

Is it possible to find a solution to sit on gprs, for example, in icq, and not leak traffic from other applications or from wasps itself?

And it is strange that if the problem is not solved, why is it not being actively discussed?

--------
PS Added a poll, can it help to determine the magnitude of the problem

���� hosts � Android: ���������� ������������� ��������-�������� download

Accelerate and Optimize the Internet Connection

General Tips for Solving Leaks

Post has been editedRu4kin - 16.07.18, 16:52
Equador
Message#22
09.06.10, 15:57
Local
[offline]

Group: Banned
Messages 224
Check in: 14.12.07
Apple iPhone 5

_Woland_ @ 9.6.10, 1:11*
Any program, if it has ads, requires access to internet

Had financier in mind. The installer writes that it requires unlimited access to the Internet. Apparently this is for bug reports, but still ..
Auxx @ 9.6.10, 11:56*
Quiet nothing breaks anywhere

They don't ask me either :) Today I turned off synchronization, left the internet on, 700 KB in the morning. Nowhere is auto-sync enabled.

--------------------
“Comrades officers, I ask you not to call the Pindos“ Pindos, they are very offended by this ”(c) General Evtukhovich
Web team
APPLE DOOMSDAY ALLIANCE
Bizm
Message#23
09.06.10, 16:06
Local
[offline]

Messages 374
Check in: 25.02.10
Xiaomi Mi 5S 4/128

I'm not afraid to go under the root to the Internet, and in general I use many useful programs with root, Droid Wall solved all the problems.
_faber_
Message#24
09.06.10, 16:16
Retired biorobot
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 9608
Check in: 04.02.07
Google nexus 5

Equador @ 9.6.10, 16:57*
Nowhere is auto-sync enabled.

Sure? What kind of device, what software is it worth? I have so much traffic flowing with sync enabled and a weather widget.

dptundra @ 9.6.10, 13:50*
Op, just like a couple of kB, op - rounded.

The greed of the Big Three operators, what can I say. In the discounter Tele2 rounding to 1KB, for example. Well, I personally prefer not to use the software, where there is advertising on the working screen (and not like, say, Handcent SMS in the settings). The choice is always there. After all, you consciously choose software with an ad unit.

--------------------
Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?
Bizm
Message#25
10.06.10, 00:01
Local
[offline]

Messages 374
Xiaomi Mi 5S 4/128

_Woland_ @ 9.6.10, 17:16*
After all, you consciously choose software with an ad unit.

And the substitution of the host file saves me from advertising, it works on all the custom that I tried on myself.
very comfortably.
Auxx
Message#26
10.06.10, 12:34
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1186
Check in: 17.03.10
HTC One X

Equador @ 9.6.10, 15:57*
Today I turned off synchronization, left the Internet turned on, 700 kb dropped in the morning. Nowhere is auto-sync enabled.

Widgets are there? Weather, news, rss, twitter, facebook, etc.? I do not even doubt that there is.

--------------------
LagFix (fstrim)- Accelerator of your google phone!
Ctrl + C- Lost Android function.
HTC One X (CM10.1), Nexus 7 (CM10.1)
_faber_
Message#27
10.06.10, 16:47
Retired biorobot
[offline]

Messages 9608
Google nexus 5

Bizm,
I think AdBlock will help here too. But for this you need a rudimentary phone, and not everyone wants to get root-rights.

--------------------
GlebGB
Message#28
11.06.10, 10:28
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 9
Check in: 11.06.10
HTC Desire

People!

So how in the end? There is a program that simply allows you to write to whom you can and who can not in no. The idea is not foolish, because there are applications that you constantly use and there is no point in limiting them (weather, twitter, promotions, ICQ, etc.) and there are some that are needed every 1 day or less, but also connect to no . So that these rare programs do not gobble up traffic until they are needed, such blocking of extra Internet would be very useful.

What is the danger of DroyWall?

What is root-rights? : blush:

Post has been editedGlebGB - 11.06.10, 10:33
Bizm
Message#29
11.06.10, 10:48
Local
[offline]

Messages 374
Xiaomi Mi 5S 4/128

_Woland_ @ 10.6.10, 17:47*
I think AdBlock will help here too. But for this you need a rudimentary phone, and not everyone wants to get root-rights.

It's easier for me to just change the file, second thing.
Well, who does not want to receive the root, that looks advertising :)
this is how our green robot works.

GlebGB @ 11.6.10, 11:28*
People! So how in the end? There is a program that simply allows you to write to whom you can, and who can not in no. The idea is not foolish, because there are applications that you constantly use and there is no point in limiting them (weather, twitter, promotions, ICQ, etc.) and there are some that are needed every 1 day or less, but also connect to no . So that these rare programs do not gobble up traffic until they are needed, such blocking of extra Internet would be very useful. What is the danger of DroyWall? What is root-rights?

The feature of DW is precisely that you choose which applications to launch into the Internet and which not.
and you can choose for wi-fi and 3G separately.
root - there is something that allows the system to do more functions than without it.

Post has been editedBizm - 11.06.10, 10:49
Equador
Message#30
11.06.10, 11:48
Local
[offline]

Messages 224
Apple iPhone 5

_Woland_ @ 9.6.10, 17:16*
Sure? What kind of device, what software is it worth? I have so much traffic flowing with sync enabled and a weather widget.

Liquid Acer, the latest firmware 2.1. There are no weather widgets, autosync. Twitter is turned off, there is a root, facebook, etc. removed.
Such a situation with traffic occurs with an hour and a half of calls, if you call a little, then about 300 kb runs. per day. After each call, the Internet comes to life and transmits-takes about 5 kb. For the money does not hit, I have Tele2. Not in this case. Prog with advertising almost none.

--------------------
“Comrades officers, I ask you not to call the Pindos“ Pindos, they are very offended by this ”(c) General Evtukhovich
Web team
APPLE DOOMSDAY ALLIANCE
Auxx
Message#31
11.06.10, 11:50
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1186
HTC One X

GlebGB @ 11.6.10, 10:28*
and there are those that are needed every 1 day or less, but also connect to no. So that these rare programs do not gobble up traffic until they are needed, such blocking of extra Internet would be very useful.

If the application is not used, it does not climb anywhere.

--------------------
Equador
Message#32
12.06.10, 20:43
Local
[offline]

Messages 224
Apple iPhone 5

Yesterday turned off the background at night, acc. and autosync, location, etc. APN did not change, the Internet is on. As a result, about 160 kb per day at 50 minutes. calls. The question is, what, why and where does it transmit if nothing is running? As far as I remember, there was no connection to the network at all in Windows until you connect something. Tell me, please, what kind of prog can you see, where and how much did you climb? I remember that there is such.

--------------------
Web team
APPLE DOOMSDAY ALLIANCE
myzhLAN
Message#33
12.06.10, 22:29
User
[offline]

Messages 79
Check in: 31.03.09
Alcatel Idol X + OT-6043D

I also observe a leak - for ~ half an hour of simply turned on GPRS, 18kb of traffic ran over. How to get rid? Ruth got it! On Windows, this was not!
simoom
Message#34
13.06.10, 08:28
Local
[offline]

Messages 242
Check in: 18.09.09

you know I support the author,
if the system is sharpened by the network, then the control over applications and traffic should be FULL!
what does it load and transfer !!! ??? may my personal information!
then someone wrote that he even liked that the beast lives "his life",
But how will he like it if the beast starts sending SMS itself and calling?

The issue of traffic leaks must be addressed !!!
Auxx
Message#35
14.06.10, 09:34
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1186
HTC One X

Widgets remove from the table with the weather and news.

--------------------
WilliamWolos
Message#36
15.06.10, 00:37
Local
[offline]

Messages 217
Check in: 24.04.08
Samsung Galaxy Spica GT-I5700

Auxx @ 14.6.10, 10:34*
Widgets remove from the table with the weather and news.

: D You can also turn off the bodies.
If the user has a weather widget on the table, then it is necessary that it is updated, and everything else sits and does not blather. Even in a wretched iPhone, and then there is no such problem =)

simoom @ 13.6.10, 9:28*
if the system is sharpened by the network, then the control over applications and traffic should be FULL!

Especially since Linux!

As far as I understand, rutting is similar to sudo, everyone is sitting on an Internet chat and there are no problems.
_faber_
Message#37
15.06.10, 00:41
Retired biorobot
[offline]

Messages 9608
Google nexus 5

WilliamWolos @ 15.6.10, 1:37*
and everything else was sitting and not blathering

Actually it is, as a rule. :) I personally have not seen anyone quietly eating traffic at me. Many things are updated in the background, but I myself have included auto-update in these programs. Although some kind of fire would certainly not be superfluous. Or, if it's a third-party, without the need to get root. I do not need it, in principle, but it will not be superfluous.

--------------------
Auxx
Message#38
15.06.10, 11:48
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1186
HTC One X

WilliamWolos @ 15.6.10, 0:37*
You can also turn off the bodies. If the weather widget is on the table, it means that it is necessary that it is updated, and everything else is sitting and not blathering. Even in a wretched iPhone, and then there is no such problem =)

The problem is that you set these widgets yourself, you understand that they eat traffic, but continue to complain. What are you complaining about? Quiet software DOES NOTHING! Just because it can not.

--------------------
NM666
Message#39
15.06.10, 12:23
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1344
Check in: 05.01.08
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Exynos

I've instructed different taskers. So instead of a meter, it took 2-3 each day. Updated, you see :). It would be necessary poudalat, but all hands do not reach.
WilliamWolos
Message#40
15.06.10, 22:59
Local
[offline]

Messages 217
Check in: 24.04.08
Samsung Galaxy Spica GT-I5700

Auxx @ 15.6.10, 12:48*
The problem is that you set these widgets yourself, you understand that they eat traffic, but continue to complain. What are you complaining about? Quiet software DOES NOTHING! Just because it can not.

Damn, here you are thinking about what people are asking, or just writing if only the topic will be noted?
So I put the weather widget and I want him to shake his weather, and 3 manager files in which there is an advertisement, I do not want it to be downloaded. And the advice to remove them or buy is not advice, but ...
you even have a good joke on the previous page that you wrote about Georgians, and you are teaching people how to live.
Auxx
Message#41
16.06.10, 11:14
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1186
HTC One X

WilliamWolos @ 15.6.10, 22:59*
So I put the weather widget and I want him to shake his weather, and 3 manager files in which there is an advertisement, I do not want it to be downloaded. And the advice to remove them or buy is not advice, but ...

For ad blocking is AdFree. Without your knowledge, no one climbs anywhere. If something got somewhere - then YOU ALLOWED. And then you need it! And here jokes? What do you think of problems from the air?

--------------------

98 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 05/17/19 9:16 PM