> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

XBox 360 - discussion | general questions on the subject
LT firmware nuances
Is it worth it to make a topic of recording disks for lt firmware in the topic header (nuances and which disks are better)?
Yes [ 101 ] ** [80,16%]
Not [ 25 ] ** [19,84%]
Total votes: 126

Rep: (948)
Xbox 360 XBOX 360 Owners Club

Attached Image

The Xbox 360 is Microsoft’s second gaming console that followed the Xbox. The Xbox 360 competes with the Sony PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii as the seventh-generation gaming system. Some of the main features of Xbox 360 are represented by the Xbox Live service, which allows you to play over the Internet, as well as download a variety of content — video games, demos, trailers, music, TV shows, etc.

I decided to create a temka for owners of XBox 360, I want to collect here information on the upgrade, modifications of this console.

Types of modification
Drive firmware
The console with firmware can run games from both licensed discs and pirated discs purchased in the store, as well as games downloaded from the Internet and recorded on discs.
The prefix with the latest firmware version (LT + 3.0 or LTU) retains the ability to play through the Xbox Live service, using licensed discs, as well as most pirated discs.
The ability to play even those games that are not available in the license form in your city. These can be rare games or those that were intended for sale in another country. The second is especially important for those who purchased the console abroad (NTSC-U, NTSC-J).
The Xbox 360 firmware will allow you to collect a collection of exactly those games that you are interested in - even if they have not been sold for a long time.
With the Xbox 360 stitched in, the player has the opportunity to get access to the newest games immediately after their official release, and sometimes even earlier. In the form of a licensed game can appear on the shelves much later.
The firmware does not impose restrictions on the installation of official updates, that is, you can update the console both from Xbox Live and from game discs, without fear for the operation of your set-top box and firmware.
Freeboot
The main function is the launch of unlicensed games from hard drives (both from internal and from USB), USB flash drives. You just need to download any game on the Internet, copy to the media and connect it to the console.
The console with Freeboot allows you to store a collection of games on the internal hard drive. Games can be copied from external media (via the built-in explorer) or via the network (via ftp).
When you start games from external and internal media, the regional binding is not taken into account, that is, you can run games on the console not only of the region for which you intended.
Also Freeboot allows you to install add-ons (DLC) to any games and play XBLA (Xbox Live Arcade) games without buying them through the Xbox Marketplace, but simply by downloading them on the Internet.
You can run additional applications written specifically for Freeboot, (Homebrew) - such as: emulators of outdated game consoles (Dendy, SEGA, PS One, Nintendo 64, etc.), video players, browser, etc.
Freeboot uses an additional convenient shell (FreeStyle Dashboard, Aurora), which has, in addition to the ability to run games, many other useful functions: built-in file explorer, fan speed control, network capabilities, temperature display and other important indicators, as well as many other things.
Freeboot has the function of copying games from DVD (from a license, and when the drive is flashed — from pirated discs) to the internal memory of the console and allows you to continue playing games without using a disc in the drive.
Playing via Xbox Live with other players on consoles with Freeboot is not possible. However, it is possible to play multiplayer games (multiplayer mode) through unofficial servers (for example, using the XLink service).
X360key
X360key is a drive emulator running on the Linux operating system, by installing which you can run games from any USB drives.

Xkey consists of two parts - it is a chip that is installed inside the console, and the external module is a special USB port into which the media with games is inserted. Optionally, the x360key can include a remote control with LCD display.

Xkey is installed on all Xbox 360 models, including Slim and Fat, regardless of the dashboard.
Dual nand
Installing Dual Nand will allow you to squeeze out of the console all that it can give.
You will get 2 consoles in one, i.e. You can run the console with and without Freeboot.
To do this, you will have to use a switch, which in one position will load Freeboot, and in the other, a normal, not cracked console.
When installing Dual Nand you can play Xbox Live, but you have to buy games / flash the drive, or install x360key.
Also, you can run DLC and Arcade on Freeboot, in general, you can use everything that Freeboot can give you.
Dual Nand is the best solution if you need full access to the console, as well as the ability to play over the network.
Nobody argues that you can get access to Live and play pirated discs with x360key, but there’s no share of what the Dual Nand Freeboot console can give you.

Instructions
How to know if Freeboot is installed (XELL bootloader)?
Turn off your console, and press the drive tray open button on the hook lamp.
If a blue or dark screen with Xell and Free60 is loaded
Attached Image

Congratulations, you have a modified console.

How to get into the native NXE deshbord, and from NXE again to FSD?
It's simple, there are several ways:
1. When launching the console, when the first logo appears (Xbox ball), hold the RB and hold it, NXE should boot
2-In any game or in the FSD itself, press the central joystick key, then press Y, then hold down RB and select YES (A)
3-To exit NXE to FSD, press the center key then press Y (or select the xbox panel item)

How to make FSD see games
- Add paths to game folders (directories) in the Setup menu
- Settings
- Content settings
- further in Manage Game Paths (Paths to content)
- Select Change Path (Choose path)
- Specify the directory where we store games
- For example,
HDD1: / games - xbox360 games unpacked by Xbox image browser
Usb0: / games - xbox360 games on external media
Hdd1: / xbox1 - games from the first xbox
HDD1: / emulators - various emulators
Hdd1: / content / 0000000000000000 - games unpacked by ISO2GOD, live arcade (xbla) and DLC on the integrated HDD
Usb0: / Arcade - live arcade on external media
- Click Select Directory (Select Directory) (Y)
- Save the selected path Save (X)
- Click Back (B) and exit the settings menu
- restart the shell. If freestyle is on autorun, then press the central button of the gamepad, select the xbox start page, answer Yes
- Freestyle dash will restart.
- Go to the Library - Xbox 360 games, Xbox live arcade and further, depending on what you copied to your hard drive.

Video instruction

Link (playing online)

Xbox original emulator on freeboot
Emulator requires built-in HDD.
USB media and memory cards are not suitable.

- Copy hdd compat partition fixer to console hdd
- Run the default.xex from the copied folder
- Press A
- the HddX partition required by the emulator is formed on the hard disk
- reboot xbox 360
- Copy the Compatibility folder from the archive into the HddX section with file overwriting

You can copy, for example, through Xexmenu
- we start Xexmenu
- Use the X button to select the HddX partition (attention - not Hdd1)
- and put the Compatibility folder in the HddX section

- If the HddX partition is not visible via an FTP connection, go through the file manager on the console and create any folder in this section (then HddX will be visible via FTP)
- Create an xbox1 folder on your Xbox 360 Hdd1 hard drive
- Open the configuration settings FreeStyle dash 3 (right in the FSD shell, in Content Settings)
- specify the path to xbox-one games, for example hdd1: / xbox1 /
- unpack Xbox1 image using XboxImageBrowser
- copy the game folder to hdd1: / xbox1 /

Most games come in 4/3 format and require pal-50 mode.

For the xbox original emulator to work on freeboot, you must put a dash launch

Removing 32gb limit for external storage

FAQ how to deal with short resets and not launch fretbut on the Xbox 360E (4gb)

Retail Nand from a donor

Retail Nand easy way

Creating RetailNand with AutoGG

Dashlaunch 3.12-change the background to your

XeBuild GUI build dump 48mb (for Corona 4GB)

Nand 48mb>16mb. Instructions

Faq Xk3y (x360key)

Freeboot parental control

Unbreakable model differences
Starting July 1, 2014, Microsoft released a new revision of the Xbox 360E - "Winchester". This revision is currently not susceptible to any "hacking". The definition of this revision by date is not a 100% guarantee, since come across and "flash" model. The only way out is to look visually.

On the new revision, a new processor is installed, which can be distinguished by its appearance - its top is made of PCB, like in phat consoles. On the same firmware - it is entirely metal. Also, fewer capacitors are installed on the new revision and their location is different, the quartz resonator is shifted to the left. In order to see all this - you need to remove the side decorative cover from the side of the DVD drive, and carefully consider everything through the iron mesh sidewall, highlighting the flashlight. Details and differences of revisions, see the photo.
Attached Image

Xbox 360 troubleshooting
After updating dashboard, the drive does not read discs.

FSD hangs and brakes
Go to Settings ->The main settings are>Reset ->Along with resetting the settings, click Delete database. After that many faults will disappear. Also, all downloaded covers and other additional information regarding FSD content will be deleted. There is nothing wrong with that.

Solving the problem with the broadcast video.

Does not load FSD covers
It is necessary to register in launch.ini
liveblock = true
livestrong = false

Another solution:
modified default.xex for fsd 775

Put Aurora

Error codes

Solution for flashing lights

Error updating Xbox 360. How do I know which version of dashboards is needed?

Games GOLD
May Xbox 360:
- Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage
- Vanquish

Definition installed 2.0 or 3.0 firmware
Games recorded for firmware 2.0 on Lt 3.0 will not be played, as games recorded under Lt 3.0 will not be played on LT 2.0, games recorded for other firmware will be played in both cases. try to start, if the disk does not start, then the firmware of the drive is Lt 2.0 or lower.

Topics Curator:punisher89 For all questions about filling the topic's head, please QMS

Do not forget to use the search Picture
If a forum member gave good advice that helped in solving your problem, do not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!". On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant Picture

Post has been editedpunisher89 - 06.03.19, 16:02
Reason for editing: May games

Rep: (0)
* JimBo71,
Slim almost 2013, 68 dollars ... with LT3 true without hard. but with a 32 GB flash drive. and wheels ... GTA5, Mortal, Farkray4, FIFA 16, Vachdogs and everything is all all.
I have a simple set-top box and there is no computer for games, I missed this generation altogether.
People lived within walking distance. After a long test, I understood what I liked and didn’t seem to be buggy (God forbid)

Rep: (4)
* bongzillla , happy, everything is ahead)) and the Internet is there to download more games, when will you pass?

* JimBo71,
find the internet: lol: left heel
Snatch unexpectedly at the flea market today is 42 inches of ice Alja without legs} -) ... for 75 bucks .. restored (service center filled with telephones) Dali check and guarantee for two weeks)) Godik if he worked out at all gud but we'll see .. shows excellent ideally yab said. As a result, boxing with a flash drive and disks plus a 42-inch telly with taxi delivery cost 145 bucks.
And adapters are not needed ...: rofl:

Maykrasoft all, guys. Good gameplay: girl_cray:

Attached images
Attached Image

Rep: (19)
And here I also uncovered my old man, I decided to recall the youth)
I put Aurora, rubbed all the games, filled it with a dozen full-fledged games, put all the emulators that came out on our box, also pumped up emulsions. After that, I downloaded the XBLA games pack (550 pieces), and began to make a selection of what I would like to copy to boxing (copying the name of the game to YouTube, watching the gameplay, making a decision whether I want it or not). I think that in a hundred XBLA games fit. So far, I checked to the middle of the list.
I set up a Wi-Fi connection, then plus a network connection (all the same, quickly transfer via cable).
One minus - now I sit not for 50 "a telecom, and on 25" the working monitor. Well, there is no way - with the small one you will not play much. Well, while kinekt is gathering dust - there is not much room for him in his office
Satisfied with the old man, the box still serves)

Guys help me figure out, X-box 360 firmware Aurora, I can not reproduce mp3, only Avi, what to do? I did not find anything on the topics here.

Rep: (29)
That's interesting to me: if you connect a laptop cdrom via usb to the box, how will the external hard-xbox see it?

In the console there are no drivers for dvd external drive

* bodriashiy , he only avi shows, no more formats

Rep: (72)
* oska-igor
Doubtful, but try. True determination probability tends to zero, as well as practicality.
* serega28121982
https: //en.m.wikipedia…Xbox_360_HD_DVD_Player

Dear old-timers and pros of the forum. They brought a small console as superfluous, bought in America, it seems, it's hard for 256 gigs.
1) How to understand what the firmware version and stuff to prepare for freeboot
2) discard the last working link to the information, how to do everything correctly, to reflash
3) is it very difficult to reflash at home? (stitching sony xz premium with one sim card for a double-sided one, there were no problems)

SundayWarrior @ 06/02/19, 09:59*

Of course, this dvd specifically for consoles and made. Simple dvd will not work.

Rep: (72)
* serega28121982
It is made specially, but it works according to a specific vid / pid firewood

* dim0n4.9 , http://eurotechservice.ru/articles/3700/

Hello!

There is a question on the hard disk and flash drives.

Got Metal Gear 5 Fantom Pain, Dragon Age 2 Inquisition ... each on two discs.

Xbox360S LT3 console, no hard but with 5 USB flash drives: P

These two games require you to have a hard disk ... without it, they will not start. The remaining 15 pieces are quietly played and put on a flash drive and disk.

Questions:
1. Besides getting hard, how is it possible to get around this problem?
2. Is it possible to install in the Xbox360S LT3 (without freibut) hard drive from the old ASUS K50C 2.5 "9.5mm SATA 250GB laptop?

Thank!

Rep: (28)
* bongzillla , are installed normally, after flashing hard drives from WD

Posted 05/06/2019 11:37 AM:

You can put without a case

baber90 @ 06/05/19, 10:37*
pre-flashing WD hard drives

Thanks for the answer!

Can you please elaborate on this advice - "pre-flash WD hard drives"
Hards only WD fit? What and how to flash?
Or do you mean formatting the hard through the console itself?

* bongzillla , http://trunagol.ru/xbo...ivka-hdd-dlya-xbox360/

* AlLeX-WooD,
got it!
There was only one question .. only WD is possible to use and only those series that are in the instructions?
Just a bunch of posts and even this videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2krNo67DRUinsert everything and it seems to work ...

Rep: (21)
* bongzillla
Only these series, in the video fribut, he only bought the body on the fribe anyway

* dnk66
Got it! just watching each one puts something of his own and works even though the instructions are only VD))
thank you: thank_you:

Posted 05/06/2019 14:53:

There is another question for 360th slime and joey : girl_cray:
What can be wrong with a wireless original joey from 360Slim if joey disconnects from the console only when it vibrates.

Moreover, the following was noticed ... When adjusting the level of vibration in the game GirsOfVor2, when the vibro is set to small values, the joi normally works and vibrates stably .. but when the level of vibro is switched to average values, the joi is unable to vibrate even for a split second. When you switch to a strong vibro level, the same story .. but you only switch to the “weak vibro level”, the joy works. In many games, the vibro works quietly .. apparently the problem is in the "sub-modes" of medium and strong vibrations. Batteries are not dead.

Is this a breakdown or incompatibility?

What could be the problem and how to fix it?
Thank!

Post has been editedbongzillla - 05.06.19, 14:55

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/30/19 13:40