13.05.10, 18:28
Guru
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 7109
Check in: 27.11.06
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 6/128

Apple iPad - Help

iPad 3:Discussion | Description | FAQ | Marriage | Help | Purchase | Accessories
iPad 4:Discussion | Description | FAQ | Marriage | Help | Purchase | Accessories

Attached Image
Attached Image

Theme rules:

Useful links:
FAQ- Frequently asked Questions:
Question: - What to look for when buying and how to check the iPad 4.?
Answer:Read the detailed answer under the spoiler.
The answer is how to check the iPad when buying
1) The box should be in the film (if the box is not in the film, then this most likely means that the tablet has already been viewed and it has not come up or returned).

2) The tablet itself should also be in film.

3) The connector for the connection should be a new model - lightning, so the easiest way to distinguish iPad 4 from iPad 3.

4) Check the package bundle: iPad 4 with Retina display, Lightning / USB cable, USB power adapter(if you buy a "growth", then the "USB power adapter" must necessarily be with an adapter for our electrical outlet), documentation. If you buy a Wi-Fi + Cellular model along with the documentation, there is also a "SIM extraction tool" (clip).

4) Check the serial numbers (the number on the tablet and on the box should match), so the serial number can also be viewed in the tablet settings: "Settings" ->"About this device" ->"Serial number".

5) Check for a possible marriage:
  • The case and the display on possible: scratches, chips, and other defects.
  • Turn on the tablet and check the display for color uniformity (there should be no color spots, the display should not yellow, blunt, green). Those. colors should be natural. Here isexample(in the photo the left tablet is clearly "green"), or here's anotherexample(in the photo the right tablet is clearly "yellow"). Check for possible broken pixels and dust under the screen.
    The easiest thing to check is to open a standard browser (Safari) and go to the page with the corol test:http://tomasina.ru/htc/
    There one by one look at different colors and their display on the tablet. It should not be: distortion of colors, dust under the screen and dead pixels.
  • Check the display for evenness of the backlight (it should not be that on one side the display is brighter or dimmer than on the other). To look at the display at a large angle; around the perimeter of the display there should be no visible backlight (i.e.such aorsuch a(photo under the spoiler).
  • You can also check the buttons so that they work (and there was no backlash), as well as the work of the camera (go to the Camera application and take a few photos or record a video).

A video on youtube on how to activate the tablet upon purchase -Activation.

P.s. It is also important to understand that in order to check all this, you need access to the Internet. Those. Either the store should have free Wi-Fi, or you need to set up an access point on your phone (if possible).

You should also pay attention to the fact that if you buy not "growth" (not a certified product for Russia), then there will be no official guarantee from Apple. Rather, the warranty has nuances, I wrote about it in more detail.here).

Question: - How much iPad memory to choose.?
Answer:You should read the topicThe optimal amount of memory iPad, voting / comments.

Question: - What is the default operating system pre-installed on iPad 4.?
Answer:IOS 6.0.1

Question: - If at the moment Jailbreak (jailbreak) on iPad 4 with iOS 6.0.1.?
Answer:There is. All the details can be found by clicking on the link in the next answer.

Question: - Where can I read about the firmware, and learn something about the Jailbreak (jailbreak).?
Answer:Discussion of firmware and Jailbreak (jailbreak) is conducted in this thread of the forum:iPhone / iPad - Firmware

Question: - I bought an iPad 4 "Wi-Fi + Cellular", will it have a 3G SIM card and 4G Internet (LTE) in it?
Answer:The 3G sim card will work, the Wi-Fi + Cellular model works in the frequencies: GSM / EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz), and UMTS / HSPA + / DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz ). Will the Internet 4G (LTE) work on the territory of Russia, this information is best clarified with your mobile operator. But at this point in time, the 4G (LTE) frequency range in which the iPad 4 works, and the 4G (LTE) frequency range in which the Big Three operators (MTS, Beeline, Megafon) do not match. In addition, 4G (LTE) coverage of the Big Three operators is currently very small. The difference between the Internet 3G and 4G (LTE) is only in data transfer speeds.

Question: - I bought an iPad "Wi-Fi + Cellular", is it possible to call and send sms from it?
Answer:In the usual view no. But no one has canceled IP telephony, i.e. programs likeSkype. If you put money into your skype account, you can easily call (to any phone) and send sms.

Question: - What is the situation with warranty service?
Answer:In short, at the official Apple service center in Russia they will receive:
  • iPad has official certification for our country - i.e. "growth" (RTS)
  • The iPad that was purchased in the country in which the Apple officially supplied this iPad(and you should have a receipt from that country confirming this purchase).
Read more under the spoiler.
About nuances of warranty
  • If you bought an iPad that is officially certified for our country (for Russia this is “growth”), then you can contact the official Apple service center.
  • If you bought an iPad abroad and have a check in your hand from the country where you bought it(and ipad in this country where you bought it was on sale officially, i.e. it was certified for that country), then you also have the right to contact the official Apple service center. But there are nuances, even having a check on hand from the country where Apple officially sold the iPad, it is likely that Apple may still refuse to give you warranty service in Russia. And send you to repair your iPad where you bought it - i.e. "to the country of original sale" because this is spelled out in their limited warranty policy. Here is a quote from limitedApple warranty:
    Apple
    IMPORTANT LIMITATION ON THE SERVICE OF iPHONE AND iPAD

Apple may limit warranty service regarding iPhone and iPad service in a country where Apple or Apple Authorized Distributors made an initial sale of an Apple product.

• If you bought an iPad that is not certified for Russia (i.e., a “gray” product), and you don’t have a receipt from the country where it was officially sold either, then this unfortunately iPad is not subject to warranty service. Since Apple in 2012 introduced new rules for warranty service. You can learn more about these rules.read on the official Apple website, as well as read the comments of official service centersfollowing this link.

Question: - Now official Apple resellers in Russia sell iPads with (TU in serial), but as far as I understand “TU” means a batch for the Turkish market, is such a batch official for Russia, will I have any problems with the warranty in the future?
Answer:As stated in the Apple support service in Russia, the products that are sold at the official Apple resellers in Russia and have a "TU" at the end of the model number is official for the Russian market. No problems with warranty service should arise. If someone still doubts something, call Apple, phone support in Moscow: (495) 580-95-57(local tariff for Moscow, intercity tariff for other settlements).

Question: - How to find out when the iPad was activated, and when the warranty ends.?
Answer:Enteron that websitethe serial number of your iPad, and get all the information you need. The serial number can be viewed on the back of the iPad, as well as in the settings: "Settings" ->"About this device" ->"Serial number".

Question: - How to set up an iPad, what to enable, what to disable.?
Answer:Readthis article. Also, on the official Apple website there is a section"iPad support"(there you can find answers to many questions). It is also desirable to readuser manual.

Question: - How to increase the time of the iPad.?
Answer:Read the article about"How to extend iPad battery life".

Question: - I bought an iPad, how to work with it, where can I find all this out?
Answer:Visit the topicThe path of a beginner, We pass all the steps from a beginner to an experienced userIn it you will find many answers to your questions.

Question: - Where can I see a review of standard iPad programs.?
Answer:Overview of applications you can seeon the official Apple website.
And also you can watch on youtube video -embedded application overview.

Question: - How to create an account apple ID.?
Answer:Read on the Apple website:Creating an Apple ID
You can also watch a video on youtube -How to create an Apple ID

Question: - I do not have a credit card, is it possible to quickly get some kind of virtual credit card?
Answer:Yes, for example, you can get a QIWI Visa Card. Go to the siteQiwiand get a kiwi wallet there(if you don’t have one yet), i.e. register your mobile number. Next, you issue a QIWI Visa Card (QVC), the card is issued free of charge, valid for 1 year, there is no commission on the card. In order to put money in the wallet, find the Qiwi terminal in the city and deposit the amount you need into your kiwi wallet account. Then register the received card in your apple ID account, and calmly pay it. To make purchases on a credit card, there must be an amount greater than the purchase price, so that the card is not blocked.

Question: - How to create an apple ID account without a credit card.?
Answer:Read on the Apple website:Creating an Apple ID without using a credit card
You can also watch a video on youtube -Create an Apple ID without a bank? cards

Question: - I have problems with iTunes, where can I ask a question.?
Answer:See Apple's recommendations.ITunes Troubleshooter
You can also ask your question in the topic:iTunes help

Question: - How to download music or video to iPad using iTunes?
Answer:Read the topicHow to add music and video to iPhone (the topic is already old but the principle is the same). Or watch the video on youtube:iTunes - The Complete Guideor this video:How to download a book, music or movie.

Question: - Is it possible to replace iTunes with something and do without synchronization?
Answer:Yes you can, there is the iTools program, which is essentially an alternative to iTunes, but unlike iTunes it does not require synchronization. More information about the program can be found atofficial program website. You can also readiTools review. Theme of this programon our forum.

Question: - Is it possible to upload files to iPad from a computer without using a usb-cord and iTunes.?
Answer:Yes you can, there are many programs FTP-clients that allow you to upload files from your computer to the iPad, as well as from the iPad to your computer via Wi-Fi network. More detailed answer read under the spoiler.
Programs that allow you to transfer files over Wi-Fi
One such program isAirDrive HDThe program is free. Working with it is simple: start the program, turn on the "ON" switch, see the http address, open a browser on your computer (for example, mozilla firefox) and write the link specified in the program, a window will appear in which you can click "review" and add the files you need. Instead of the browser, you can use for example an FTP clientFilezilla(it is more convenient to transfer through it if there are many files). Next, the file that you downloaded to appear in the program AirDrive HD, click on the downloaded file and select the program in which you want to open it to open. Smalloverview of this program.

There is also a free program.FTP Sprite Freeor paidiFilesthey have richer functionality. In general, there are a lot of similar programs (both paid and free), so you can choose a convenient program for transferring files over Wi-Fi.

Question: - Is it possible to watch videos on the iPad in avi, mkv, etc.? without converting to iTunes, and if so how.?
Answer:Yes, you can, there are many different programs that can watch videos of different formats. For example one of these programsAVPlayer HDThe program is paid and sold in the App Store. A small review of this program, you canread here. Also on the forum theretopic for this program.

Question: - It takes too long to load applications from the App Store. What to do?
Answer:Read the recommendationson that website, andtry this method.

Question: - Why sometimes Wi-Fi does not reconnect, although the settings are auto-connect.?
Answer:First, check the iPad settings so that the “Confirm connection” slider is turned off. "Settings" ->"Wi-Fi" ->"Confirm connection" (must be turned off).

Question: - I have problems with Wi-Fi, what to do.?
Answer:Read Apple's recommendations ontroubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connecting to them
You can try to reset the network settings, and connect to the desired network again.Be careful, resetting your network settings will delete your current cellular and Wi-Fi settings, including saved networks, Wi-Fi passwords, and VPN settings."Settings" ->"Highlights" ->"Reset" ->"Reset network settings". You can also ask your question in the subject:Wi-Fi - Help

Question: - How to set up a Wi-Fi router
Answer:Look at the Apple siteRecommended Settings for Routers and Wi-Fi Access Points.

Question: - My network signal disappears in the subway and it doesn’t restore itself, what to do.
Answer:This happens, perhaps this is a software error, you need to wait for the fix in the new firmware. Also in this case helps the switch slider "Aviarizhim." "Settings" ->"Airplane" (you need to turn it on and then off).

Question: - Do I need to "pump" the battery.?
Answer:"Pumping" the battery is not specifically necessary. But it is advisable to go through at least one charge-discharge cycle once a month.
Apple recommendations: use your iPad regularly
Here is what is written about it on the official Apple website.:

Apple
Use Your iPad Regularly

Charge it for a month, and then completely running it down.

What the translation sounds like:

Apple
Use your iPad regularly

To correctly report on the state of charge of the battery, do not forget to go through at least one charging cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely discharge it).

Question: - “Auto-brightness” does not work for me, this is a marriage.?
Answer:In IOS6, just such a strange algorithm for auto-brightness. To make the light sensor work(or just check his work)do the following: Turn off "Auto-brightness" ->enter the dark room ->set the brightness slider to the minimum value ->go to the light source ->Enable "Auto Brightness". If the light sensor is working properly, then when you turn on "auto-brightness" the brightness slider itself will begin to move increasing the brightness of the display.

Question: - How to completely remove from the iPad all the settings and information, that would be like when buying.?
Answer:In the settings of the iPad there is a software return to the initial state of the device. To do this, go to "Settings" ->"Highlights" ->"Reset" - "Delete content and settings." Be careful when deleting "content and settings" to delete everything that is on the iPad except the operating system.

Question: - Is it possible to read PDF and Djvu files on the iPad and others, what is needed for this and how it will look.?
Answer:There are many different programs for reading on the iPad, both paid and free. There is a good program for reading -iBooksIt supports many text formats, but unfortunately not all. Djvu format is supported by the programStanza (it’s also free as iBooks). How it looks on the iPad, you can kindsee here. There are also a lot of paid reading programs, look for information about them on the forum and in the App Store.

Question: - Is it possible to use the usual version of the site, for example youtube.com, and not m.youtube.com.?
Answer:Yes you can. If you use the standard Safari browser, then when you log in to m.youtube, on the left you will have such a peculiar control panel (black). At the very bottom of this panel there will be a "Version for PC" button, click on it and get to the standard youtube site.

Question: - Put the password and forgot. What to do?
Answer: [FAQ] If you put a password on your iPhone and forget it. Also in the comments there is useful information.

Question: - How to install applications?
Answer:If ano jailbreak, then only download via iTunes or the AppStore. there ishave a jailbreak - [FAQ] Install hacked applications.

Question: - What is the "other section"?
Answer: Section "Other"

Question: —What is SHSH?
Answer: Shsh

Question: —How to get rid of the screen saver on exhibition devices?
Answer: Instruction

Question: —Can I charge an iPad (any model) with an iPhone or iPod charger?
Answer:It is possible, but in the case of using low-capacity memory, the charging process will take longer than usual, or not to go at all (but this does not carry any negative consequences). Read morethis articleApple knowledge base.
Apple Charger Specs
Powerful chargers from the "big" iPad are universal and can charge all Apple devices:
Attached Image

Post has been editedmaxipon - 17.02.17, 14:14
ShitHappens
Message#2
15.05.10, 17:10
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 18
Check in: 03.01.09

Let's start with ;-)
Soon I have to bring an iPad 3G. Therefore, the next question: is it possible to activate it in iTunes without a SIM card?
Can I use it without a SIM card?
Maniac!
Message#3
15.05.10, 19:03
Guru
[offline]

Messages 2954
Check in: 13.12.08
Apple iPhone 7 Plus

ShitHappens @ 15.5.10, 18:10*
Soon I have to bring an iPad 3G. Therefore, the next question: is it possible to activate it in iTunes without a SIM card? Can it be used without a SIM card?

I think yes, because it will be possible to go to the Internet through the SIM, this is an additional function type and that's it :-)

--------------------
Wessko
Message#4
16.05.10, 02:37
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 209
Check in: 22.03.09
Apple iPhone 6 Plus

Can I activate it in iTunes without a SIM card?
Can I use it without a SIM card?

You can activate without a SIM card and also use
karamonall
Message#5
16.05.10, 14:15
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 714
Check in: 29.11.08

Where to get ibooks? In the app it is not for some reason.
- = stranger = -
Message#6
16.05.10, 18:33
All-seeing eye
[offline]

Messages 7815
Check in: 17.08.06
Huawei P20 Lite ANE-LX1

karamonallYou need an American account. After activating the device and logging into my account, the iPad automatically offered to install iBooks.

--------------------
Dimas1395
Message#7
17.05.10, 15:37
Novice
[offline]

Messages 44
Check in: 29.11.09
Meizu MX5

Why does iPad always write that the app store is not available in this country (this is if you go through wi-fi)? Does sidium work on it correctly? through which program is it better to do him a DJ? and are there any bugs / glitches / brakes for ipad under jailbreak ???
... sort of asked
- = stranger = -
Message#8
17.05.10, 15:45
All-seeing eye
[offline]

Messages 7815
Huawei P20 Lite ANE-LX1

Dimas1395 @ 17.5.10, 16:37*
Does the iPad always write that the app store is not available in this country (is this if you go through wi-fi)?

Everything works.
Does sidium work on it correctly?

Yes.
through which program is it better to do him a DJ?

Through the only possible -Spirit
and are there any bugs / glitches / brakes for ipad under jailbreak ???

They are at the iPhone. It depends on what and how to set. If you put everything in a row, then the glitches will start for you too: D

--------------------
Dimas1395
Message#9
17.05.10, 18:16
Novice
[offline]

Messages 44
Meizu MX5

In general, is it worth making a DJ ipad?
Polihut
Message#10
17.05.10, 20:16
iWonder
[offline]

Messages 1372
Check in: 03.06.09
Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505

Dimas1395,
Why not

--------------------
Apple iPhone 3G - Nokia Lumia 800 - Apple iPad 3 CDMA
Dimas1395
Message#11
17.05.10, 20:23
Novice
[offline]

Messages 44
Meizu MX5

Polihut
All epl devices under the DJ begin to fail and the warranty ceases to exist, therefore it is scary)
Wessko
Message#12
17.05.10, 20:53
Local
[offline]

Messages 209
Apple iPhone 6 Plus

All epl devices under the DJ begin to fail and the warranty ceases to exist, therefore it is scary)

You can always make a restaurant and the guarantee does not seem to disappear =)
Dimas1395
Message#13
17.05.10, 20:55
Novice
[offline]

Messages 44
Meizu MX5

By the way
- = stranger = - Do you have an American account in app store? I have a Russian account, that's why I think iPad does not want to run the app.

Posted 05/17/2010 20:55:

Wessko thanks for the reply!
I appreciate people who are eager to help others)
Wessko
Message#14
17.05.10, 23:06
Local
[offline]

Messages 209
Apple iPhone 6 Plus

I have a Russian account, that's why I think iPad does not want to run the app.

Russian App Store is not yet available for us: (
That's why we are sitting on a jail or a person who has an American account
Polihut
Message#15
17.05.10, 23:48
iWonder
[offline]

Messages 1372
Check in: 03.06.09
Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505

Dimas1395 @ 17.5.10, 21:23*

We do not impose anything on anyone here, this is your decision, but I can say one thing that you can always return the guarantee (I checked it with personal experience), and not everyone can buy paid software.

Post has been editedPolihut - 17.05.10, 23:48

--------------------
Apple iPhone 3G - Nokia Lumia 800 - Apple iPad 3 CDMA
- = stranger = -
Message#16
18.05.10, 00:21
All-seeing eye
[offline]

Messages 7815
Huawei P20 Lite ANE-LX1

Dimas1395 @ 17.5.10, 21:55*
- = stranger = - Do you have an American account in app store?

Yes.

--------------------
Dimas1395
Message#17
18.05.10, 07:53
Novice
[offline]

Messages 44
Meizu MX5

So DJ is 100% worth doing: D
And when will the Russian app store start working on the iPad?
Vladan1
Message#18
18.05.10, 08:14
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1794
Check in: 26.10.07
Samsung Galaxy S10

Tell me how to set up mail to mail.ru ?? The search has not given any results!

--------------------
Samsung 10
Maniac!
Message#19
18.05.10, 09:16
Guru
[offline]

Messages 2954
Check in: 13.12.08
Apple iPhone 7 Plus

Vladan1 @ 18.5.10, 9:14*
Tell me how to set up mail to mail.ru ?? The search has not given any results!

here for iphoneSettings (Post # 3045066)
He and his ipad settings will probably be the same.

--------------------
Vladan1
Message#20
18.05.10, 11:35
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1794
Samsung Galaxy S10

Another question, I installed a grunt opera, but how can I remove it now ??? Exactly how to delete cracked software in the future. Fak dug not did not understand, and did not really find.

Sori all dope himself !! As it is straight too easy after WinMob ...

Give Savet need ICQ, Skype, what to see ??

Post has been editedVladan1 - 18.05.10, 12:00

--------------------
Samsung 10
Vladan1
Message#21
18.05.10, 13:05
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1794
Samsung Galaxy S10

IManiaC [S] @ 18.5.10, 10:16*
here is for iphone settings (Post # 3045066)
He and his ipad settings will probably be the same.

Mail arrives but is not sent with these settings.

--------------------
Samsung 10

560 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 05/01/19 5:44 PM