> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Qumo Colibri | E-Ink Vizplex

Rep: (1011)
DiscussionQumo Colibri
Discussion пїЅ | Description

Firmware Attached filesibrary.zip (82.3 MB)

Post has been editedvadeus - 02.03.16, 17:03
Reason for editing: Firmware

Rep: (82)
Question to users: how to device? Would you recommend it or not? Are there any glitches / problems?

Post has been editedartem_007xxx - 27.04.11, 23:44

Rep: (231)
artem_007xxx
A friend has one and he is happy with everything. Only complains that the battery is not very long-lasting.

Rep: (0)
Yes, it's quite a normal battery, I do not charge for 2 weeks. I read at the same time quite active myself.
Firmware appear quite often.
The pocket fits well. It is a decent machine.

In addition, I have been using the machine since December. Therefore, I have experience about six months.
Good machine. :) By the way, you can add fonts, which is quite convenient.
Of course I would like to have a better screen, but there really is something there. But reading is quite convenient.
Radio works.
Games are played, sapper and other garbage. But they are so, for a tick more.

Rep: (12)
There is a clone, gmini 5 '. quite a normal machine.

Rep: (1)
I use it since April, I updated the firmware a couple of times.
Prior to the latest firmware version “Firmware” for Qumo Colibri from 06/22/2011, sometimes there was a hang when opening a book, a week until this blemish is noticed, the main menu has changed, some are not familiar
for some reason they added a network item where there is a browser and wifi item, although access to the Internet is not supported by this device

The text in the book is good, there are several font options, i.e. pick the best there is an opportunity. Depending on the type of screen update, the prints of the old image may remain. For me, it is somewhat inconvenient (I used to use another book before flipping through with my left hand), and scrolling through the pages was done under my right hand. The build quality is not satisfactory, my sister complained of a hang, but I personally haven’t noticed yet. The cover of the case is smooth and pleasant to the touch, but as soon as the hand is sweating, the case becomes rather slippery. There is a very large selection of different functions, pleasantly surprised by the presence of a gravitational sensor, which facilitates use when turning the book. Very surprised by the presence of the speaker who reads the text, but the reading language disappointed the current English and Chinese. Also pleased with a large number of supported formats.
Pros:
the presence of a gravitational sensor, the presence of a radio, a large number of supported formats, a thin case of 8.0 mm and 8.8 mm along the keys, an automatic transition to the standby mode.
Minuses:
slippery, fragile body cover, headphones 2.5 and not 3.5 are more common
do not change the functions of the numeric keys, in the absence of which I personally would not notice the difference, except that it would be possible to make larger buttons, pressing buttons is quite tough, there is no possibility to move files directly in the book (only delete)

Post has been editedACCUSED - 06.09.11, 15:18
Reason for editing: added his post

ACCUSED @ 09/06/2011, 15:33*
Firmware for Qumo Colibri from 06/22/2011

I used a little new firmware, and from what I noticed:
+ Increase speed: opening books faster, scrolling through pages, switching modes full screen and screen with page numbering.
During this time there was not one hang when opening a book
- sometimes, not often when paging, pages, scrolling works, but the text on the page is not displayed, the "refresh screen" key helps, the first time 2 was frightened, I thought it was cut off from the ends.
changed the location of the menu buttons, but a matter of habit
I haven't noticed much difference yet
Link to the official discussion forum for this firmware

Post has been editedACCUSED - 09.09.11, 15:39
Reason for editing: deleted excessive formatting, no preview

Rep: (6)
I bought the device the day before yesterday. This is my first e-book and I don’t know if it’s normal that turning the screen darkens and then the letters appear. If you turn on the local screen update, there is no such effect, but when you turn over, there are some artifacts, as it were, remnants of text. Is it all the readers so? And what is the difference between 3 update settings: full, partial and local?

Firmware immediately updated on the version of 06/22/2011

Post has been editedtanyxa - 28.09.11, 21:34
Reason for editing: Added firmware info

Tanyxa @ 09/28/2011, 10:33 PM*
Is it all the readers so? And what is the difference between 3 update settings: full, partial and local?

Yes, this is for all readers with a display on e-paper technology, and the difference in energy consumption
those. when the screen is completely updated - the screen is completely updated, even those parts that remain the same, i.e. even if the current changes part of the image, but there are no artifacts
local update - current of a changing part of the screen is updated, as a result there are artifacts
partial also as local, the current of the view should have reduced the number of artifacts

p.s. or the definition of partial and local could be confused

I bought one and a half months ago. The firmware is initially the last official one. I have never regretted it once - books are being read, music and radio play well. For all the time of use, only one drawback was noticed - spontaneous reboot. It happens very rarely, about once a day or two, that is, absolutely not annoying.

Good day, members of the forum. Gave this book. There was such a question: in order to throw the books in the section of the same name they need to be thrown on the card? For when pouring books through a cord, they drop into the root directory. Thanks in advance for your reply.

I had a two gig card included. When you connect the book through the cord to the computer (under Linux) is defined as a removable disk. It is best to throw books into the Documents directory (I don’t remember, it was created with a gun, or I created it according to the instructions).

Upd: Under Windows 7 checked, the same thing - is defined as a removable disk.

Post has been editedAlaket - 12.11.11, 23:42
Reason for editing: Checked with Windows

Rep: (11)
When connected to a computer under Vindos XP and Vista without a card, the computer sees the book, but the computer does not. Accordingly, a safe shutdown was impossible. Just pulled the cord. And the book and the computer take it to this completely indifferent. After inserting the card - the book is defined as a removable disk under both XP and Vista. I didn’t create anything on the card, put the card in the book that was turned off, then turned it on. After connecting, there were already the Documents, music, etc. directories on the card. (card for 2GB, from the kit, firmware - from 06/22/2011).

Rep: (26)
I can say the following, bought myself a miracle as a gift for the New Year! The firmware was the last one initially, I looked through a couple of days, looked like nothing.
But the tester's mind does not sleep, it is useful to search for firmware, read reviews ...
The result is the following:
I installed the Gmini MagicBook M5 firmware:
- Rare screen artifacts disappeared when flipping, which of course did not greatly affect the perception, but still strained a little ...
- According to my feelings, work has become slightly faster ...
- The menu has become a two-page with photographic icons ...
- All the Qumo functionality has been preserved in its entirety ... (From the used one means me, there are flaws with TTS, but it seems to me that it is simply impossible to use it on the Kumovsky version)

Firmware v4.0 Gmini MagicBook M5
- increased overall speed;
- Added beta version of the Russian-language TTS;
- Fixed a problem with the appearance of a black screen when turning pages;
- Fixed problem with indexing pages in fb2 format.
http://g-mini.ru/media/uploads/files/M5_4.zip

Post has been editedshurshick - 07.01.12, 15:55

Rep: (401)
Great book. I use almost a year. There is something to compare - my husband is a wexler.
It is quite pleased.

Of the problems:
- periodically the book does not want to open book files, helps or reset settings or resets.
- it happens that the book does not respond to the scrolling buttons - I press and update and then everything is normal.
- black pages come out, helps only resets.

Ladies and gentlemen, answer pzhl - does this book have any internal memory at all? When connected to a computer, only the memory card opens.
And is it possible to add new fonts?
I remove the last question. It is necessary to add the Fonts folder to the root of the SD card and throw the necessary fonts there. Then restart the device and your fonts will appear in the settings in the fonts.

Post has been editedrarina - 05.02.12, 18:35
Reason for editing: added

You can add up to 4 fonts at a time.

hereA lot of information on this device.

Post has been editedrarina - 05.02.12, 20:42

Rep: (25)
People. Does this thing display footnotes in the text?

Mag1str,
Only in the latest firmware and for fb2 only

Rep: (13)
So I took this book myself, while I like it. Hanging is not observed, turned over without artifacts. Once, however, for some reason quotes no longer appear, instead of them it was written on the screen "00AA-00BB". Then everything worked fine again. Two questions, how to check the firmware version? How to install additional fonts (that is, what and where to get and where to throw them in the device)?

hello. help please, I used this book for a long time, I turn it on yesterday, and I have only one inscription "qumo colibri" and that's it .. it doesn’t load further .. I don’t drop it. Tell me what can I do? I can flash it? .

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/11/19, 19:54