HTC Hero - Firmware (OS 2.1) official | Firmware and discussion of official versions

Rep: (56)
FirmwareHTC Hero (OS 2.1) official
PictureHTC Hero, A6262
Description | Discussion пїЅ | FAQ | Themes for Sense UIпїЅ
Official OS 2.1 | Custom OS 2.1 пїЅ | Custom OS 2.2 пїЅ | Custom OS 2.3 пїЅ | Custom OS 4.0 пїЅ

Instructions

Firmware

OTA * Update Recommendations
Recommendations for OTA * update (official) on Android 2.1:
  • Move the date of the phone forward (or more) a month and restart the phone to get the update;
  • If you are using unofficial firmware, you need to install the official firmware and then upgrade from it;* requirements *
  • To upgrade, you need 30MB of free space in the system.

* OTA - over-the-air ( English ), update "by air", via the Internet

HTC contacts
  1. TwitterHTC_Ru
  2. HTC Blog onlivejournal
  3. Official site

NTS support phone
810-800-256-410-12(09: 00- 18:00 (Mon-Fri) 09: 00- 13:00 (Sat) - free of charge from a landline phone)

Post has been editedvaalf - 19.04.17, 21:21
Reason for editing: Creating a GOLDCard

Rep: (17)
Che_2006 @ 4.4.10, 12:50*
Jungarik, you are my friend, the hamster - an incorrigible pessimist smile_good.gif

I - a realist, and used to listen to the facts and analyze, rather than rumors;) Although - chesslovo awful would be happy if in this case is mistaken. : Thank_you:
cocobot @ 4.4.10, 12:54*
I watch for HTC more than six months and amazed reaction of ordinary users.
From official sources, unless of course you can call Twitter - the official source, it was known that on April 2 of them will come with Android 2.1 firmware

So what? I come from? 99% - no. If you would come - it would already be in your network. Again, it is not profitable and do not need it now NTS. Murtazin at the resource succinctly said - "Hiro Update to 2.1 - a move from the point of view of users - beautiful, from a business point of view - excessive". And though I dislike Murtazin - here I agree with him on all 100. Maybe they have and reach your hands to Hiro, but that certainly - not now, at the time-to-market of a new line. And why should they puff brains about Hiro? Yes, to sell off the remnants of his, as I understand it. If your hands reach after all, it is highly likely, we get something like the beta, with glitches and nedorabotkami..Tipa - here and unhook. Want more - buy a new device. A good example is the official firmware for NTS Touch Diamond 2, appeared recently. I'm more of a nightmare than this firmware for bad, in general, the animal, which is the second bryulik - not seen. But why work? There are more new devices, and work on them .. and in this case it is impossible to condemn NTS - they do everything right in terms of marketing. Well, some will be disappointed and will cease to buy their phones - but all stocks Hiro dorasprodadut. They do everything right, assessing each step.
I would even dare to write in the header - "appears or not an official firmware 2.1 for the Hero - not known for certain if will -. The release date - is unknown." That such a formulation is likely to be the most fair. And it is that very accurately - that the next release 3.0 for Hiro even thought at the NTS will not: rolleyes:

Post has been editedJungarik - 04.04.10, 14:18

Rep: (53)
TWITTER:

Elastep @htc_ru how's the new hero firmware? smartly
works? How is the testing going? a lot of bugs?

HTC_Ru @Elastep is fast, but most importantly, it's stable.

Rep: (1314)
Jungarik @ 4.4.10, 14:58*
So what? I come from? 99% - no. If you would come - it would already be in your network. Again, it is not profitable and do not need it now NTS. Murtazin at the resource succinctly said - "Hiro Update to 2.1 - a move from the point of view of users - beautiful, from a business point of view - excessive". And though I dislike Murtazin - here I agree with him on all 100. Maybe they have and reach your hands to Hiro, but that certainly - not now, at the time-to-market of a new line. And why should they puff brains about Hiro?

Mmm. And why did you decide that it (firmware) to the Russian HTC does not come?Let the facts . The fact that it is not in the network - does not mean anything.
In HTC is not so much the Russian representative. And if you are limited to what is firmware for the Hero only the people who could potentially put the firmware in the network, can be counted on the fingers of one hand. 2-3 testers, the administrator releases, Head of IT. Needless to say that in the face of such attention from users - they have all been brought under control?
Then about marketing and dislike - do you really think that people who work in HTC do not like you, ordinary users? Do you think that they descend from the top there orders, such as, that this firmware is not particularly test, but it does hold? This is very incorrect on your part, given that work there are people just like us. And nothing of us is different.

Yes, I really, really want to be consonant with you, even more so - that you - a man more experienced and pros. Just as long as it does not have a reason to rejoice. And in the business - the human factor is not the most determining factor is more important profit.

Rep: (8)
@MetotRon watch update Twitter, the date is not final and can be changed in the smaller side.
about 7 hours ago via CoTweet in reply to MetotRon

Rep: (63)
seller in belomvetretsifrovom confirmed that there are 2.1, tested at a service center.

And I have another question: whether the iron in Hero and legend is fundamentally different, because of the legend firmware not shoveled a hero? garbage can ask, then justify.

Rep: (73)
heibert
firmware from the legend under the hero for a long time there)

Rep: (63)
and, well, fear that the hero will throw, not worth it :)

Rep: (102)
heibert @ 5.4.10, 1:04*
seller in belomvetretsifrovom confirmed that there are 2.1, tested at a service center.

Here I do not understand where the seller in belomvetretsifrovom knows that the odds have firmware and testing carried out insider?) It is deducted atsavagemessiahzine.com?

Firmware from the legend-that is, but it works the same way as all the other self-made firmware for the Hero 2.1 - with a bunch of bugs. Iron is something similar, but the mind can not yet bring, so that only the official of need, and then based on it will go the normal firmware, the same modaka, for example.

Rep: (5)
Patience and again patience :) ..... there are very few if we consider that the firmware since February waiting for all.

Rep: (33)
I think the situation in this market is different now.
now iphone productive "hero" and the summer is likely to release a new iphone HD and HTC's nothing no choice but to release a new device on Tegra 2 or more on something powerful.
All the "heroes" and "legend" will remain behind ... and for that would sell the "hero" be released on proshiku rather that people would buy and know that they can upgrade to a more or less the current level.
Firmware will this testifies to the fact that the htc answers questions and answers indicating the date of ...
I do not think they will be a long time to pull ... if we do not make the right move, then all owners of "Heroes" will take iphone HD, which by the way will be multitasking.

As for android 3, I do not know is true or not, but it is planned that he will be released just as the Operating System and can put it anywhere and without any expectations from the htc one or more interface ... all will be one, and will be expanded with the help of additional programs, including can be installed and sense, in such a way as we now know and love.

so zhdems .... I think everything will be fine.

p.s today sent a letter to the htc to clarify in what form will the firmware how much will take and whether the settings are reset when you install ... as will lay the answer.

Rep: (40)
and about the possibility of supporting the next after the official 2.1 update promises were not?

Post has been editedRun_drawer - 05.04.10, 14:04

Rep: (0)
scratch_tsure @ 5.4.10, 14:59*
now iphone productive "hero" and the summer is likely to release a new iphone HD

One always - on the iPhone has not appeared flush :)))))

she did not need her ... there is enough memory.
and in general for a long time, you can compare the Iphone and "hero". Personally, I am on the side of "hero" and believe that the software should be written correctly, that would work quicker, rather than processor count, but this is my personal opinion.

waiting for the firmware and do not doubt)))

Rep: (3)
I then read the topic today already 2w and noticed approx matter what innovations will be no response to an important issue "whether the multi-touch ??"

Rep: (1)
And why should remove it? )))

Yeah ... support this method of entering information would not have prevented the full ... and then only in the browser and the gallery will be a little ...
htc do nothing to blunt the expense of multi-touch ... would be released all over the world except the United States and it would be all exactly ... there in America in general stupidity ... how to give Potent input methods ... like Yabloko invented multitouch .. . yes it was invented more on the laptop a long time ago ...

Rep: (2)
Potent as it is possible to give input methods ... like Yabloko invented multitouch ... yes it was invented more on the laptop a long time ago ...

Well, actually, multi-touch, the technology works with mobiles - Apple patenting chip. And the first of its [technology] to use steel it Yabloko. Sadly, and your words about the new laptop does not correspond to reality.

P.S. Apple does not defend, but, by the way. Near the Hero and multitouch very pleased with it :)

DNSokol

I'm trying to say that giving patents for such things is nonsense ...
I am right now picking patented technology in the nose, and I will take the loot from all ??? same neralno ....

data input multi-touch is not a technology, it is the idea and patented it can not be ... or rather you can, but only in the US, where the reel is quite moved out.
multitouch began with the birth of a man ... he could chisana airport and back of the head at that time stroking his stomach, for example .... then it was used everywhere ... typewriters, keyboards, cnc, touch panels on the laptop and TP. ..
zhdobs now he comes and says that is what they came up with ... that kind of nonsense ...

Post has been editedscratch_tsure - 05.04.10, 17:28

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 04/28/20, 06:18