Charger for PDA with a mini / microUSB | [Power] that is necessary and sufficient that

Rep: (180)
Since the communicators change quite often, bought and a little finalized the automotive and network charging - I thought that it turned out universal for any communicator with mini / microusb connector. It turned out not quite so, therefore I decided to share the experience, maybe someone else will complement. The above refers to devices charged through the MINI / MicroUSB connectors, for example, Nokia phones with original connections ("thin" or "thick") charging algorithm and the charger itself are completely different. Although Nokia Chargers withmicroUSB connector (A DC-6, DC-10) is quite suitable for many communicators - it stabilizers voltage 5V and connector pins 2 and 3 are closed.
To begin with the general requirements of the charger:
1. Voltage . Since the battery must be charged and from computer USB port as soon as restrictions on the type of power supply and voltage (same as the port) - 5V voltage regulator The permissible range is 4.75 - 5.25V. Some communicators (for example ASUS PXXX) refuse to charge if the voltage goes beyond the indicated limits, others (many HTC) are very loyal to the input voltage. For example, I have the HTC 7500 charged from the source in the range of 4.3 - 6.0V. In any case, I would not recommend connecting voltage sources more than 6B - this is the maximum input voltage of many charging controllers in the communicator, and the excess power is highlighted on the controller in the form of heat (may overheat)
2. Current . determines the charging current is not itself Charger - all the charging process is controlled by the charging controller (chip) on the motherboard communicator (more Battery Calibration (Post # 2901307) ). The controller limits consumption current from an external source - no more than a certain amount. The current which can be taken from the USB port is determined by USB specifications - from the root port you can not pick more than 500 mA (you really can and more, the port power supply will endure, but according to the rules so). So When connected to the port of the computer, the charging controller must limit its appetite no more than 500 mA or even less if you connected to the USB splitter (no more than 100 mA). Some communicators before turning on the charging exchange data with the computer, recognize the load capacity of the port and only after that include charging (for example ASUS PXXX, some samsung). Often, current 500 mA (in powerful communicators) is not enough - the communicator itself when working with voracious resources can consume anymore, it is not enough for charging, on the contradios, the battery can be discharged. From charger and can be more current take - just need to determine what your device is not connected to the port and the charger
3. Contact socket . Define a connection to the charger device can be closed on contacts in the connector mini / microUSB this device. To date, I am aware of two types identifying the charging connector: a circuit between pins 2 and 3 (data bus D- and D +), or a circuit between the contacts X (ID, NC) and 0V (GND)
4. charging algorithm . charging algorithm determines the charging controller - chip on the motherboard of the communicator. Charge comes in two stages:
1st stage - a constant current until a maximum voltage at about 4.2 V BATT
2nd step - maintained at a constant voltage of 4.2 V, the current gradually decreases as the charging; when the current falls to 10 - 50 mA - charging is terminated and re-enabled only if the voltage at the
Batteries falls below a certain or reconnect Description for the external source (but in this case the charging criterion full ACCUM be executed once again, and charging stops)
Those. in the second stage of consumption of current from the charger can gradually fall up to the working current value = communicator.

briefly the main : Depending on whether or not the closed contacts different limit on the maximum current consumption from the battery stroystva . Wherein :
Current consumption of the memory = battery charge current + work of the communicator
those. The more he uses the device for their own needs (active and voracious resources involved), the less remains on the battery charge, and sometimes even that is not enough to receive from an external source - lack replenishes the battery (discharging). When the device is switched off all of the current consumption of the charger goes on to charge.

Specifically, by device (Which contacts close and what will then be the restriction of current consumption):
HTC MAX4G
1. The communicator included: charging that with closed with open contacts that - the current of 850 mA
2. The communicator off: charging with closed contacts - current 850 mA, charging with open contacts - Current 420 mA
3. Charge from a USB port - a current of about 420 mA

HTC HD, HD2, Diamond2, HTC Desire, HTC Evo 3d
1. Charge port or USB charger with open contacts 2 and 3 in a USB connector - current consumption of about 450 mA source
2. Charge charger with closed kontaktamii 2 and 3 (full-time charging) - current consumption of about 900 mA

Garmin-Asus M20
1. The charging from the charger 2 with open contacts, and a USB connector 3 - current consumption of about 500 mA source
2. Charge charger with closed kontaktamii 2 and 3 (full-time charging) - the consumption current of about 850 mA

Analogichno to get a normal chargeASUS Pxxx, Samsung GT-I8000 and a number of other communicators need closed contacts 2 and 3 in the charger, or charging controller generally can not turn on.

In these full-charging device contacts 2 and 3 are closed.

HTC 7500
1. Charge port or USB charger with open contacts x and a USB connector GND - current consumption of about 450 mA source
2. Charge the battery charger with closed kontaktamii x and GND - current consumption 900 mA

HaveGlofish -s to charge the normal current is necessary to close the contacts x and GND in the mini-USB, otherwise the current seems to be only 100 mA

ACER beTouch E200 and apparently the rest of the series - the heirs Glofish
1. Charge port or USB charger with open contacts x and a USB connector GND - current consumption of about 450 mA source
2. Charge the battery charger with closed kontaktamii x and GND - current consumption of 900 mA. If further close the contacts 2 and 3 - the current limited to 450 mA (due to which I have not turned universal memory with closed x and GND, while 2 and 3)

Thus requirements to the charger (any - cars or network)
1. Voltage 5V (4.75 - 5,25V)
2. The current of at least 500 mA (if not close contacts - but in this case, some devices do not receive charging). If the contact is closed - you need to charge current of at least 900mA . Acquire Charger rated at 1A more it makes no sense - charge faster still will not
3. The most difficult thing - to find a charger with closed just those contacts that are needed for your device. I'm in their charging NO contacts or in the charger or cut mini / microUSB connector housing and has already brought up in it, glued cover
Attached Image

Photos - cable connector, drawing - block .
With its ASUS P525, HTC MAX 4G, Diamond2 and then HD2 using the converted network and car charger (1A, each with a built-in connector USB, pins 2 and 3 closed) - no problems using conventional sync cable, currents are measured to include the ammeter in the gap wire + 5V and closing / opening the contacts to the USB connector.
For HTC 7500 and then made the ACER separate cable (two-wire, only the power cord) in which a mini-USB and closed the contacts (initially were closed and the contacts 2 and 3 but for ACER is not suitable -prishlos open), chargers do the same (with the built-in USB and closed contacts 2 and 3), there are no problems. Garmin-Asus to use a conventional sync cable (it should be closed 2 and 3 contacts for him)

Posts about burnt chips of charging controller on motherboard Communicator met a lot (mainly due to bad car charging - I even saw the photo of the car burntables for this reason), so the chargers themselves checked on the installation quality, the load capacity - the maximum load current , Output voltage range under load and without, heating degree at maximum load. Especially relevant if you acquire a cheap device of an unknown manufacturer, the charging with the brand of known brands is usually everything is in order (but also the price is not silent). Once by selecting reliable chargers, then changed only connecting cables or modified if you need connections.

About charging external battery:
It is incorrect to compare different types of sources and especially with different voltages by such a parameter as a container in ammers. It is more correct to compare the stored energy in Joules, but such parameters are usually not given. In principle, it is possible to count yourself - take the required discharge characteristic for the selected battery (it is easy to search in the internet), consider the integral of the work "Voltage of the discharge current" during the time from fully charged to fully discharged (you get Watrts as in the apartment meter) and compare with a similar one Battery characteristic. Then you can say who charges whom and how much. Although there is still a lot of unaccounted factors, it will still be closer to the truth.
Now many of the batteries (most laptop or external power supplies with built-in batteries) except capacity in ampere-hours is the value of energy consumption in watt-hour. This is important because different voltage and ampere-hours do not reflect the real energy stored up in the battery, and to estimate how much the external battery can charge the battery device to be compared their parameters in the watt-hour.
For example: is it possible to charge the battery of the communicator HTC HD2 from two AA-batteries AA?
Two batteries of 2500 mAh, multiplied by the voltage included in series (for simplicity, does not take a secondary integral value of the voltage and multiply on the container in ampere-hours) 1,2V x 2 = 2,4V x 2500mAh = 6Wh. C (maximum 85%) taking into account the efficiency of the voltage converter to obtain a device with which this assembly can receive energy equal to 0.85 x 6Wh= 5,1Wh . It is necessary to charge the battery HD2 energy 3,7V x 1230mAh = 4,55Wh. Taking into account losses in the charging device controller (which is also not less than 15%) at full charge of the battery will need to spend 4,55Wh + (4,55Wh x 0.15) = 5,23Wh .
Conclusion: two penlight AA batteries are not enough even for one full battery charge HD2
With the batteries will be even worse - they have voltage drops dramatically as discharge (NiMh batteries have discharge characteristics which flatter) and the stored energy will be even less.

The problem with the battery or charger discussed here Questions and problems with the battery or charger
How to calibrate the battery charge level meter here Battery calibration
Charging your iPhone and iPad Network Chargers for iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch
Charging the Samsung Galaxy Tab Samsung Galaxy Tab - Accessories
5V-powered gadgets. AMU, charger, port types: Charger for communicators with mini / microUSB (Post # 28921986)

Post has been editedsvm - 05.05.14, 12:30

Rep: (17)
The question to the experts.

There are old bodies Sony J5. I changed the battery on it.
With him when transformer charging 5V (0,5a, but it is not important in this case)
How does it make friends with a pulse charge of 5V? Will the battery affect the battery?

There is a power supply of 115V 400Hz
How do impulse charges for the phone or laptop feel from such a source? Charged that charge - tested by experienced. Voltage issues normal.
But what threatens the work is not unrealized by the frequency of the power supply. Volta (115) fits 100-250, and there are no 50-60Hz about the hertz (400).

Thank you in advance

Rep: (1732)
Aeroplan737 @ 05/08/2011, 19:25*
Charged that charge - tested by experienced. The voltage is issued normal. But the work is not unfortunate in the frequency of the power supply. Volta (115) fits 100-250, and there are no 50-60Hz about the hertz (400).

I think there is nothing to fear.
Here is an electric motor 50 Hz to include in 400 Hz in no case. And in the pulse BP, the network voltage immediately at the entrance is straightened, pulsations are smoothed, i.e. turns into a DC voltage. The rest of the BP scheme is already running from DC; She does not recognize what frequency there was at the entrance.

Rep: (0)
Hello!
Today my HTC HD2 arrived from states, naturally with American charging.
AC 100V-240V 200MA 47-63Hz
DC 4.5V-9.5V MAX 800MA

When connected via an adapter to our outlet, charging cracks. Nothing nothing.
Will it not be dangerous to charge through it? Max confuses me. Output voltage 9.5V.

SergeJ164 @ 05/08/2011, 20:34*
I think there is nothing to fear. Here is an electric motor 50 Hz to include in 400 Hz in no case. And in the pulse BP, the network voltage immediately at the entrance is straightened, pulsations are smoothed, i.e. turns into a DC voltage. The rest of the BP scheme is already running from DC; She does not recognize what frequency there was at the entrance.

I think so too. There are doubts about the operation of a diode bridge at the inlet of not increased frequencies. The basic principle is understandable, but maybe what subtleties are in its work.
And it is not clear why the frequency range is specified on charging

Goodbye,
The range of input stresses of the zoom corresponds to both of our network. And about the day off ... Yes, the author of the topic wrote that more than 6V is dangerous. But if the memory from the phone set, I would have connected without a doubt.

Rep: (12)
As far as I remember, - that 50 that 400 Hz for diodes is low frequency.
And under the frequency, all sorts of R, L, C, - chains are calculated.

Fils @ 05/18/2011, 12:09*
As far as I remember, - that 50 that 400 Hz for diodes is low frequency.

For sure.
Fils @ 05/18/2011, 12:09*
And under the frequency, all sorts of R, L, C, - chains are calculated.

Not only, a lot of things are calculated under the frequency. But in this case, this value does not have.
I see no reason to further sue this topic, especially since the person wrote:
How do impulse charges for the phone or laptop feel from such a source?Charged that charge - tested by experienced. Voltage issues normal.

Rep: (1995)
How do impulse charges for the phone or laptop feel from such a source? Charged that charge - tested by experienced. Voltage issues normal.

Do not confuse anything? You can photo stickers from this source.

Aeroplan737 @ 05/17/2011, 20:14*
And it is not clear why the frequency range is specified on charging

Well, how perfectly understand perfectly, only to take a place on the BP building ...)

pasha_550
I understand, 115 in 400 Hz is in the outlet. Here is a man and asks how the laptop and the phone will feel.
And the voltage is in military equipment, i.e. Man in service wants to charge.

Sergej164 @ 05/23/2011, 21:42*
I understand, 115 in 400 Hz is in the outlet. Here is a man and asks how to feel like a laptop and a phone. And this voltage happens in military technician, i.e. Man in service wants to charge.

Well, not only in the military.
And the rest of the thoughts are absolutely correct

Good day!
I want to buy an external battery for HTC Desire HD, help sort out the details, please. Look, do I make calculations correctly?

Suppose there are performance characteristics. Battery (in this case, Energizer XP 1000):
Battery element: Lithium Polymer;
Capacity: 1000 Mah @ 5V;
Input voltage: DC 5V, MAX 500MA;
Output voltage: DC 5V, MAX 500MA;
Charge time: ~ 2 hours;

The DHD AKKE shows such Har-ki: 3.7VDC, 1230mAh, 4.55 WHR.

Now we consider - 1000 * 5 = 5 WH. As it is written in the first post, we discard 15% here, add 15% there. As a result - 4.25 to the required 5.24. That is, you can recharge the KMK by 80%.

Next, I wanted to clarify, Max 500 MA - this affects only the charge rate, so I understand? In the first post it is written that if you eat from a standard charging, then the current can be 900 mA. And the standard charge of me looks like this - a small adapter with a 220 paste on USB + USB wire>Micro USB. Not sure that in this case there are closed contacts. It turns out that, since from charging with an impected contacts of the current ~ 450mA, then buy an ACC with a large output than 500, no sense?
ZY Is it possible to calculate the battery charging speed as 1230mAh (in the DHD case) to the MAX output external battery?

Rep: (1995)
Sergej164 @ 05/23/2011, 21:42*
And the voltage is in military equipment
Aeroplan737 @ 05/23/2011, 23:33*
Well, not only in the military.

Yes, I did not think about the on-board network.

Rep: (4)
I have now bought the HTC SS300 charging - a measure of charge current and shows 220mA, and not 700-900m. Current always has a constant value, or is it all the time?

kryzhan,
If you measured at the 1st battery charge, then 220 mA is very small. If in the 2nd stage, then it can be even less.

For the NTS Desire you need to close 2 and 3 contacts is written, I understand this should be done in a large USB one two medium contacts?

Rep: (180)
_Sanych_ @ 05/27/2011, 10:11*
I understand this should be done in a big usb time two medium contact?

Yes

Rep: (2)
Puzzled by the purchase of a car charger for HTC Diamond 2. I came across this thing:
http://ufa.mvideo.ru/products/50035899.html.
If you use a cable from a standard charging, will I get the required charge current when using GPS?

Good day!
Tell me please!
Charger 5V 2AMPER, will suit E-TEN X600? or 3 name?
Is not it too much???
Thank you in advance!!!!

Wanya1983,
2 or 3 amperes It is not how much charging is constantly "sticking" to the phone, but how much it is capable of skipping themselves and at the same time not to burn or give normal tension.
The phone itself will raise how much he needs (no more than what is written on the native socket charge). Charging will work with undervoyance (heat less)

Post has been editedaeroplan737 - 30.05.11, 11:43

Aeroplan737 @ 05/30/2011, 11:43*
2 or 3 amperes is not how much charging is constantly "sticking" to the phone, but how much it is capable of mischieving and at the same time not to burn or give a normal tension. Hephon will raise how much

I explained very well.
But for those who are not entirely clear (after all, it is all explained in the header too), I will give an example from life:
Here you have a power outlet 220 V. If you look at, another 10 or 16 A. It is not bothering you. . I.e., you understand that thismaximum Operating current outlet, and household appliances consume how many they need (much less than 10 a). The same applies to all of this 2-3 amps on the memory.

Post has been editedSergej164 - 30.05.11, 12:29
Reason for editing: spoiler

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 05.02.21, 20:16