Charger for PDA with a mini / microUSB | [Power] that is necessary and sufficient that

Rep: (180)
As communicators have enough often bought and modified the car a little and network charging - thought that he had received universal for any device with a mini / microUSB connector. Was not quite the case, therefore, I decided to share the experience, who can still add. Said below relates to rechargeable devices through connectors mini / microUSB, for example, in Nokia phones with original connectors ( "thin" or "thick") algorithm and a charging charger itself is completely different. Although chargers from Nokia withmicroUSB connector (A DC-6, DC-10) is quite suitable for many communicators - it stabilizers voltage 5V and connector pins 2 and 3 are closed.
To begin with the general requirements of the charger:
1. Voltage . Since the battery must be charged and from computer USB port as soon as restrictions on the type of power supply and voltage (same as the port) - 5V voltage regulator , The allowable range of 4.75 - 5,25V. Some communicators (eg ASUS Pxxx) refuse to be charged if the voltage is outside these limits, others (many HTC) is very loyal to the input voltage. For example, I HTC 7500 is charged from a source in the range of 4.3 - 6,0V. In any case, I would not recommend you to connect sources with voltages greater than 6V - this is the maximum input voltage of many charge controllers on the device, and the extra capacity is allocated on a controller in the form of heat (may overheat)
2. Current . determines the charging current is not itself Charger - all the charging process is controlled by the charging controller (chip) on the motherboard communicator (more Battery Calibration (Post # 2901307) ). The controller limits the current consumption from an external source - not more than a certain value. Current that can be picked up from the USB port is determined by the USB specifications - from the root port can not take more than 500 mA (can be realistically and more a source of power ports but stand by the rules so). Thus when connected to a computer port charging controller should limit your appetite is not more than 500 mA, or even less if connected to a USB hub (not more than 100 mA). Some communicators before turning on the charging exchange data with a computer, find out the load of the port and only then include charging (eg ASUS Pxxx, some Samsung). Often a current of 500 mA (from the powerful communicators) is not enough - he communicator when working with voracious resource can consume more in the charge is not enough, the battery may be discharged on the contrary. From charger and can be more current take - just need to determine what your device is not connected to the port and the charger
3. Contact socket . Define a connection to the charger device can be closed on contacts in the connector mini / microUSB this device. To date, I am aware of two types identifying the charging connector: a circuit between pins 2 and 3 (data bus D- and D +), or a circuit between the contacts X (ID, NC) and 0V (GND)
4. charging algorithm . charging algorithm determines the charging controller - chip on the motherboard of the communicator. Charge comes in two stages:
1st stage - a constant current until a maximum voltage at about 4.2 V BATT
2nd step - maintained at a constant voltage of 4.2 V, the current gradually decreases as the charging; when the current falls to 10 - 50 mA - charging is terminated and re-enabled only if the voltage at the
Batteries falls below a certain or reconnect Description for the external source (but in this case the charging criterion full ACCUM be executed once again, and charging stops)
Those. in the second stage of consumption of current from the charger can gradually fall up to the working current value = communicator.

briefly the main : Depending on whether or not the closed contacts different limit on the maximum current consumption from the battery stroystva . Wherein :
Current consumption of the memory = battery charge current + work of the communicator
those. The more he uses the device for their own needs (active and voracious resources involved), the less remains on the battery charge, and sometimes even that is not enough to receive from an external source - lack replenishes the battery (discharging). When the device is switched off all of the current consumption of the charger goes on to charge.

Specifically, by device (Which contacts close and what will then be the restriction of current consumption):
HTC MAX4G
1. The communicator included: charging that with closed with open contacts that - the current of 850 mA
2. The communicator off: charging with closed contacts - current 850 mA, charging with open contacts - Current 420 mA
3. Charge from a USB port - a current of about 420 mA

HTC HD, HD2, Diamond2, HTC Desire, HTC Evo 3d
1. Charge port or USB charger with open contacts 2 and 3 in a USB connector - current consumption of about 450 mA source
2. Charge charger with closed kontaktamii 2 and 3 (full-time charging) - current consumption of about 900 mA

Garmin-Asus M20
1. The charging from the charger 2 with open contacts, and a USB connector 3 - current consumption of about 500 mA source
2. Charge charger with closed kontaktamii 2 and 3 (full-time charging) - the consumption current of about 850 mA

Analogichno to get a normal chargeASUS Pxxx, Samsung GT-I8000 and a number of other communicators need closed contacts 2 and 3 in the charger, or charging controller generally can not turn on.

In these full-charging device contacts 2 and 3 are closed.

HTC 7500
1. Charge port or USB charger with open contacts x and a USB connector GND - current consumption of about 450 mA source
2. Charge the battery charger with closed kontaktamii x and GND - current consumption 900 mA

HaveGlofish -s to charge the normal current is necessary to close the contacts x and GND in the mini-USB, otherwise the current seems to be only 100 mA

ACER beTouch E200 and apparently the rest of the series - the heirs Glofish
1. Charge port or USB charger with open contacts x and a USB connector GND - current consumption of about 450 mA source
2. Charge the battery charger with closed kontaktamii x and GND - current consumption of 900 mA. If further close the contacts 2 and 3 - the current limited to 450 mA (due to which I have not turned universal memory with closed x and GND, while 2 and 3)

Thus requirements to the charger (any - cars or network)
1. Voltage 5V (4.75 - 5,25V)
2. The current of at least 500 mA (if not close contacts - but in this case, some devices do not receive charging). If the contact is closed - you need to charge current of at least 900mA . Acquire Charger rated at 1A more it makes no sense - charge faster still will not
3. The most difficult thing - to find a charger with closed just those contacts that are needed for your device. I'm in their charging NO contacts or in the charger or cut mini / microUSB connector housing and has already brought up in it, glued cover
Attached Image

Photos - cable connector, drawing - block .
With its ASUS P525, HTC MAX 4G, Diamond2 and then HD2 using the converted network and car charger (1A, each with a built-in connector USB, pins 2 and 3 closed) - no problems using conventional sync cable, currents are measured to include the ammeter in the gap wire + 5V and closing / opening the contacts to the USB connector.
For HTC 7500 and then made the ACER separate cable (two-wire, only the power cord) in which a mini-USB and closed the contacts (initially were closed and the contacts 2 and 3 but for ACER is not suitable -prishlos open), chargers do the same (with the built-in USB and closed contacts 2 and 3), there are no problems. Garmin-Asus to use a conventional sync cable (it should be closed 2 and 3 contacts for him)

Posts about burnt chips charge controllers on the motherboard communicator met a lot of (mostly due to poor road zaryadok - even saw a photo of burned for this reason, salons vehicles themselves), so do the charger before using the check on the quality of installation, load capacity - the maximum load current , the output voltage range of load and without, the degree of heating under the maximum load. Especially true if you buy a cheap device manufacturer unknown, in reel stands with brand well-known brands are usually okay (but the price is not frail). Once selecting reliable chargers continue to change only the connecting cables or modify if necessary connectors.

About charging external battery:
Incorrect to compare the different types of sources and especially with different voltages on such parameters as the capacity in ampere-hours. Correct to compare the stored energy in joules, but these parameters are generally not given. In principle, you can count yourself - takes the required discharge characteristics of the selected battery (can easily be found searching the internet), consider the integral works of "voltage x discharge current" during the time from fully charged to fully discharged (get the watt-hour in the housing counter) and compared to the same characteristic of the battery. Then you can tell someone who to charge and how. Although still remains unaccounted bunch of factors, nevertheless it will be closer to the truth.
Now many of the batteries (most laptop or external power supplies with built-in batteries) except capacity in ampere-hours is the value of energy consumption in watt-hour. This is important because different voltage and ampere-hours do not reflect the real energy stored up in the battery, and to estimate how much the external battery can charge the battery device to be compared their parameters in the watt-hour.
For example: is it possible to charge the battery of the communicator HTC HD2 from two AA-batteries AA?
Two batteries of 2500 mAh, multiplied by the voltage included in series (for simplicity, does not take a secondary integral value of the voltage and multiply on the container in ampere-hours) 1,2V x 2 = 2,4V x 2500mAh = 6Wh. C (maximum 85%) taking into account the efficiency of the voltage converter to obtain a device with which this assembly can receive energy equal to 0.85 x 6Wh= 5,1Wh . It is necessary to charge the battery HD2 energy 3,7V x 1230mAh = 4,55Wh. Taking into account losses in the charging device controller (which is also not less than 15%) at full charge of the battery will need to spend 4,55Wh + (4,55Wh x 0.15) = 5,23Wh .
Conclusion: two penlight AA batteries are not enough even for one full battery charge HD2
With the batteries will be even worse - they have voltage drops dramatically as discharge (NiMh batteries have discharge characteristics which flatter) and the stored energy will be even less.

The problem with the battery or charger discussed here Questions and problems with the battery or charger
How to calibrate the battery charge level meter here Battery calibration
Charging your iPhone and iPad Network Chargers for iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch
Charging the Samsung Galaxy Tab Samsung Galaxy Tab - Accessories
5V-powered gadgets. AMU, charger, port types: Charger for communicators with mini / microUSB (Post # 28921986)

Post has been editedsvm - 05.05.14, 12:30

Rep: (13)
I read, I wonder. I just did not understand, with closed contacts cable increases whether the current power? (Although unlikely). What I mean is that I have the Asus p535. With home charging fast charging (900 mah), through the native cable with closed too quickly. There is another mini USB cable if KMC just flight mode, charging, but sooooo slow, if included eg GPS, even discharged slowly. Here are a few questions interested
1 whether it is possible to charge other devices closed cable (not very receptive, such as a small player) Do not hurt him? because with it went the other
2 Ordered a small wall USB charging (5V, 1000mah). It can be anyone with a cable to use? on the type of the current strength no longer?
3 also ordered an extra charge of battery with USB output (5V, 700mah), pull to charge when the KVM? ato heard somewhere that enough only when it is off.
Tell us about the working principle ...

M @ XS @ 18.5.10, 9:59*
Tell us about the working principle ...

Already referred to above,Battery Calibration (Post # 2901307)In that message, too, there are links - read. also hereQuestions and problems with the battery or chargerin the cap threads item 8.4 under spoiler

Rep: (1)
Are there any cable with a mini USB connector which is already closed and GND X? Can we expect that the Chinese charger that ebee sold these contacts are bridged?

burundon @ 20.5.10, 20:12*
Are there any cable with a mini USB connector which is already closed and GND X?

Never met, I think that there is no such (except homemade)
burundon @ 20.5.10, 20:12*
Can we expect that the Chinese charger that ebee sold these contacts are bridged?

Count it is possible, but that guarantee ... read posts like buying chargers under a certain brand of device specified in the description on the memory - and it does not charge.

Rep: (169)
Simply buy Vegavolt. A lot of what charges.
Universal charger Vegavolt D-421. Charger for mobile phones, PDAs, camcorders, digital cameras, laptops, mp3 players.

djet @ 24.5.10, 13:00*
Simply buy Vegavolt. A lot of what charges.

So you can be charged from anything that produces 5V and sustain the requested current. The question is that the communicator realized how much current it can receive from a connected source. I am traveling itself take suchhttp://www.ozon.ru/context/detail/id/4660893/. Enough for netbook charging 1.5 times or 10 charge Desire. Conveniently in the attached connectors necessary contacts have short-circuited.

Post has been editedGudVladSPB - 24.05.10, 12:24

Rep: (169)
A. If Portativ, that's another story. I use a stationary charger + 2 batteries wear by Desire and HD2.

Rep: (84)
Hello everyone.
People tell me pliz (surf did not find a clear answer), microUSB-charging shnaya by another body (for example in Nokia) fit this beast or not? And that was going to take this subject, and chargers would like to have both at work and at home and at the cottage.

Sabatini @ 05/27/10, 16:04*
microUSB-charging shnaya by another body (for example in Nokia) fit this beast or not?

A beast what?

Beast HTC HD2 (my first time here, so the litter, a little swim)

Sabatini @ 05/27/10 16:13*
Beast HTC HD2

From Nokii suitable type DC10 (car, at 1.2 A), in their charging with microUSB pins 2 and 3 are closed so you need to supply at least 900mA. In principle, it can come and DC8 (such as 850mA) - should draw. To charge from the mains is also better to buy 1A - no problems anyway. Closed contacts or not - need to look at each individual case, and in most cases limited to 500mA (with non-closed contacts) will be enough to Accum been charged if you do not use this time voracious resources, just will take longer to charge. Branded by Nokii quite expensive, but the contacts are closed exactly.
A good option - charging at 1A with a built-in USB connector and connect any sync cord. You can make out the very memory and short pins 2 and 3 on the large USB connector.

Post has been editedGudVladSPB - 27.05.10, 15:44

Thanks for the quick response. Simply, there are two brand Nokievskie charge (how many mA can not remember at work lie), there are also USB-shnaya, but because of its bulkiness is not easy. Dismantling and tuning, Sanchez saying no desire to engage.

Post has been editedSabatini - 27.05.10, 17:29

Rep: (112)
Not quite in the topic, I'm sorry, but all the same a microUSB:
nest in BT Headset JABRA and their "relatives" the DATA-cable have a "trick" in the desoldering?
The fact that the charge from the car NOKIA DC-6 headset is charging slowly through NOKIA_evsky DATA-cable with a computer and does not connect phones NOKIA connected to the computer through the DATA-cable from the JABRA report incompatibility.

Post has been editedkuliks - 30.05.10, 01:46

kuliks @ 30.5.10, 2:44*
through NOKIA_evsky DATA-cable with a computer and does not connect phones NOKIA connected to the computer through the DATA-cable from the JABRA report incompatibility.

What means does not connect? MicroUSB connector in VTgarniturah is only used for charging, it is obvious andcable from this headset only two power wires. Accordingly, Nokia phones with them do not work - to have Nokii charge was compatible need to be connected to the port a full (four-wire) cable or charging with closed contacts 2 and 3 (in the cable if it is a two-wire, or charge if a normal cable). Charge the headset small current, for example in my JABRA STONE is charging current of about 100 mA. Accordingly, no voodoo contacts is not necessary.

GudVladSPB @ 31.5.10, 9:02*
MicroUSB connector in VTgarniturah used for charging only

Kabelek their wire and is used not only to charge from a USB port, but also for flashing, and some "cool" headsets and related internal phonebook. In addition to the four wires in the cable there is a "trick", or a resistor, or a jumper. My JABRA 2080 Kabelkov not was completed so I can not solder homemade - no where to be copied.
If the forum rules allow, I can give a link to a forum where leading spokesman JABRA topic. I thought he only hinted at some of the nuances of incompatibility with other microUSB cables.

kuliks @ 31.5.10, 17:32*
Kabelek their wire and is used not only to charge from a USB port, but also for flashing, and some "cool" headsets and related internal phonebook.

Had several different BT headsets - with any bundled data cable was about the possibility of reprogramming heard. Although, in principle, likely perhaps - but nothing good I can not say, I do not know. If possible, post a link, what that problems with placement here do not know. Well, or in PM.
P.S. Headset with a micro / mini USB connectors (. Jabra 3030, Stone, Plantr 865, 925) is connected to the port of a computer with a USB cable - in addition to charging no sign of the data bus or sharing a computer attempts to connect to determine what did not notice him.

Post has been editedGudVladSPB - 31.05.10, 20:20

Talk JABRA headsets.This is the last page, and the page before I discussed the connection problem.

GudVladSPB @ 31.5.10, 20:08*
computer attempts to define what is connected to it

You must first install the software from their website.

Post has been editedkuliks - 31.05.10, 20:49

I read the link, something that I found more search. When there were problems with the cables microUSB people judged the headset and fluster directly to contacts. Judging by the photoshttp://fotkidepo.ru/?id=album:8315a standard four-wire cable without any additions. To start sharing with a computer needs certain manipulations with the headset button, or simply charging. Phrase
Excellent, we continue in the same direction, suggests the same connector have already and SE, Motorola, only then do not ask where the headset repaired in Ukraine

probably due to the fact that in the charger with Micro-USB from Nokia, Motorola data bus contacts can be closed (the Nokia accurately closed) - in principle, you can get problems with data transceivers headset tires (although in my opinion it is unlikely). Why did not directly answer the question - I do not understand.

kuliks @ 30.5.10, 2:44*
through NOKIA_evsky DATA-cable with the computer does not connect

What is the features of this cable did not notice - I use at work to connect different devices, no problem. Although there have been reports (on the topic of my HD2) that this cable was not working (marked exactly like me), but I (and not only) with the HD2 was not a problem
It is my assumption may have some nuances - but it is unclear why a fuss if there is a well-oiled standard. Good luck!

Rep: (3205)
good day. Prompt to the beginner, the battery is not zyaryazhaetsya me when the body, and when turned off - charging.
What is the reason and how to get charged?

babulka @ 3.6.10, 16:02*
Battery I did not zyaryazhaetsya when the body, and when turned off - charging

Not charging from the charger or the USB port? As I recall from the SE powered by the memory and from the port comes on different device connector contacts.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 19/12/19, 14:24