> Attention

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Windows CE | Is it possible to run WINDOWS CE on a PDA?

Rep: (3)
Damn, I can not attach a file, look at the website Majkrosovt emulsion.

Posted 20-04-2010, 12:12:

I have a Toshiba G910 PDA, in the game is not played, the video does not look, hopefully even be an opportunity to put wince.

Rep: (2)
As I understand this Windu Handheld PC software is very little almost there! ??? ...
Shell would really stick by it to normal, it would be interesting ..

Rep: (68)
Emulation, you can use Windows CE 1.0 - the very first version of the OS. A miniature copy of Windows 95. Only in nete I have this operating system could not find. Here are the screenshots:
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Year of release: 1996! Classic! : Rolleyes:

Post has been editedTanker88 - 22.04.10, 09:17

What is the emulator can not find ...

Guys you are bringing any emulator? All devices are powered on mobile windsurfing even including version 7 is based on Windows CE kernel shell but instead WIndows CE - Windows Mobile obolchka here. All devices with WINDOWS 5.0-6.5 based on WIn Ce 5. (0-2) Free Devices to Windows Mobile 5.0 - WIndows CE 3.0 Free Devices which will be released on 7-ke will use Windows CE 7.0 now ...
As pomoymu to start a shell on the CE devices with Windows Mobile you need to modify the firmware ... here ...
Why Windows CE sihpor to put on many AvtoGPS navigators as native axis)

The fact of the matter, meaning that it emulates) a) It must be such as to implement graphical user interface (((

And what is the schedule? WisBar'a does not? Emulation of the first versions of WinCE will let you know what kind of axis, the more it has support for Win32.

THERE had win32 support? Cool, it's possible to run red alert. A Wisbar eats a lot of memory!

A bit of clarification. WinCE 1.0 is a miniature copy of theWindows 95So there is support Win32 partially implemented, and that's what Wikipedia says:
Windows CE ... not a "stripped-downВ» Windows version of the desktop, it is based on a completely different kernel and a real-time operating system with a set of applications based on the Microsoft Win32 API ...
Since about 2000 the Windows CE development team ceased to work closely with the developers of the desktop operating system Windows NT. Since then, the Windows CE operating system developed independently and modern versions of Windows CE operating system are very different from the modern versions of desktop operating systems Windows NT family, but while maintaining software compatibility with applications based on the Microsoft Win32 API. And still some components of Windows NT desktops are present in the operating system Windows CE, for example such as: DirectX, and "cut-down" version of Windows Media Player, Internet Explorer [3]. Experts also argue that the modern version of the operating system Windows CE 6.0 is still kept intact about 20% of the code of the desktop Windows 2000.
Proceeding from the above, on the Red Allert I can not say anything, but some of the applications from the Windows desktop to launch it in the course as possible.

Post has been editedTanker88 - 18.05.10, 20:03

Rep: (65)
I really do not want to offend anyone, but this topic is made up ofdeliriumnonsense a little less than full.
I try to bring a little clarity.
1. Neither of which start Red Alert for Windows CE and can be no question . As well as the launch of any other games and all programs written for any desktop Windows.
It's impossible. Absolutely. Nothing.
Well, except that if an emulator Win95, running on WinCE :-)
2. Technically,Windows Mobile - is, in fact, there is Windows CE . WM5, WM6, WM6.1 and WM6.5.3 - it's all WinCE5. A OS Zune and Windows Phone 7 - it is WinCE6.
So no emulator you do not need just because WinCE devices installed on your birth.
3. Almost all the software written for WinCE, you will be able to find, run under Windows Mobile.
Well, except for rigidly tied to specific glands.
But on the contrary - figushki.
So that sense in WinCE absolutely nothing.

If you're curious, here's a detailed explanation of the paragraphs 2 and 3 (first paragraph - self-sufficient):
The latest versions of WinCE in full, as such, do not exist in nature. There is a single core, a lot of different components, and from this designer different manufacturers glands make their assembly, including only the required components in them. For example, if there is no screen devaysa, he nafig not need funds for working with graphics and the UI, etc. In this respect, WinCE recalls the way, Linux, which also does not exist as a single operating system and a set of more or less compatible, but more or less independent distributions :-)
That's why you can not find an emulator WinCE: because emulate something, in fact, do not need the operating system and the device, it serves - and these devices very much and all too different from each other incompatible (and should not be compatible) Unlike smartphones running WM.
What to Windows Mobile, it is nothing but the most popular of assemblies based on WinCE. It has two features that distinguish it from all others: first, a list of its components rigidly fixed, device manufacturers can not on their own throw out anything of substance OS - thus ensuring software compatibility. But under WinCE no one does not promise compatibility: in principle, on a device should operate only those programs which are to identify the manufacturer. The theoretical possibility of installing third-party programs on navigators and media players are, but ... theoretical.
Secondly, in WM added to certain components that are not found in other assemblies WinCE: Media Player, Internet Explorer, Office, and something else.
Well, and WM - its interface is, of course, but this is just from a technical point of view, little importance.

Oh, and about the first version of WinCE - it is, indeed, still had something in common with Win95, and included a trimmed version of windows applications, such as Ward and Excel, but that's just the installation of third-party programs, it was not assumed in principle :-)

Post has been editedphillipoque - 20.05.10, 16:52

Rep: (168)
phillipoque @ 20.5.10, 19:45*
phillipoque

And if you have any links to the resources themselves CE5?
Or with the CE is not such as builds in WM?
For the sake of interest I would be collected firmware CE5 ...

Rep: (65)
nolove_ @ 21.5.10, 1:00*
And if you have any links to the resources themselves CE5?

Not. And I do not think they really look.
Or with the CE is not such as builds in WM?

There is no such.
WM - this is the "build" WinCE :-)
For the sake of interest I would be collected firmware CE5 ...

You have already installed firmware with CE5 :-)
In the post в„–30 written.

Post has been editedphillipoque - 20.05.10, 17:15

phillipoque @ 20.5.10, 20:12*
You have already installed the firmware to CE5

I mean, without the superstructure in the form of WM, both navigators ...

nolove_ Patted firmware navigators))) In its pure form exactly nowhere to be found

errorincode @ 21.5.10, 3:28*
Shabby navigators firmware

Not easy this occupation, and under kuvga probably no navigation)

Rep: (50)
Tanker88
Screenshots intriguing! :)
based on the Microsoft Win32 API ...
but it is even more!

Post has been editedAlex2422 - 27.05.10, 14:34

Here's a line from Wikipedia is quite interesting - Windows CE is supported on Intel x86 and compatibles

Posted 27-05-2010, 16:56:

And more interesting information h ttp: //en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File: Windows_CE_Timeline.svg

Rep: (206)
Windows CE is supported on Intel x86 and compatibles

Apparently there are different versions for different processors.

WinCE has a history of Windows NT, so naturally part of the API remains.

Post has been editedLicvidatormax - 27.05.10, 17:04

And more interesting information h ttp: //en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File: Windows_CE_Timeline.svg

That's just not clear why it is impossible to emulate? Piggy can be emulated, and it is impossible WinCE? It can not be! I do not believe! : D
Yet, Win32 support is available there. At the very least, the application of WinCE run on the desktop version of windows and applications WM computer recognized as Windows-compliant applications.
Anyway, just want to see the animals on Windows CE, shifted there simply are curious as Windows 95, from which sense is not too much, but people are interested, here and here as well.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 23/03/20, 22:34