FAQ on flashing the communicator Samsung GT-I8000 | Omnia II, WiTu AMOLED

Rep: (265)
Description of the Samsung GT-I8000 | Discussion пїЅlFAQ пїЅ| Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅlFirmware пїЅ | Adaptation of OEM software and decorations for Samsung i8000 пїЅ
Samsung device owners chatlWe collect the catalog of games onSamsung GT-i8000 OMNIA 2

FAQ on flashing communicator Samsung GT-I8000, Omnia II, WiTu AMOLED

Official firmware that can be downloaded via Samsung New PC Studio (you can download the programhere) they are installed extremely simply, at the same time, more recent versions are walking on our forum and other resources, they are also Samsung firmware, but they do not have official status (the most stable versions are recognized and used in the SC), they have new functionality and errors of previous firmware are fixed (it happens that new errors are added), in fact, they are beta versions, they are laid out on the network by people who have access to these bat, it is these firmware that we will learn to flash. No need to think that these are some test versions with a bunch of errors, no, these are absolutely normal working firmware that you can safely use, which most of them do, moreover some of these bat later become official. 1-2 new versions usually become available per month, while the official firmware has not been updated since the start of sales in Russia.
Further, to simplify all the firmware from Samsung we will callofficial, and user-created firmwarecustom(custom).

When flashing, it is highly recommended to use a laptop or computer connected to an uninterruptible power supply, since in the event of a power outage, there is a possibility of getting a “brick” from the phone, which at home will not be possible to recover.
If you want to insure yourself as much as possible from surprises, it is also not recommended to flash the bootloader (eBoot), the need for its firmware occurs only when you are upgrading from Windows Mobile version 6.1 firmware to 6.5 firmware, also when upgrading to A5 firmware or newer (for more details, see the OCTANS Downloader section)

During the firmware, all your information in the phone will be lost (contacts, sms, programs, etc.), so be sure to save your data before flashing. Backup programs can be foundhere

RUBRICATOR

Questions and answers (newcomers must read)

Firmware instructions

Instructions for OCTANS Downloader

Firmware list

Remove hidden partition

Disassembling, editing, assembling firmware

In preparing this FAQ, information was used from respected forum participants:EgOrrr, Sorg, Pako777, qinkage, Inteum , endru

FAQ change history
04/12/10 - added links to off. JD1 firmware, as well as links to custom firmware based on it from GSM 2007 and alex.shastov
04/03/10 - added links for GSM 2007 firmware and firmware from HTC Sense 2.5 from enrico988
03/25/10 - a link to a new firmware from vetaldep has been added
03/22/10 - Added links to new firmware from jacobn and Angel_666, added links to off. JC1 firmware
03/17/10 - Added links to firmware from alex.shastov
03.11.10 - added clarifications to the section OCTANS DOWNLOADER ->Preserve device's contents
03/10/10 - added another link to the post in the section "Disassembly, editing, assembling firmware"
03/09/10 - Added links to the firmware from rodrigofd with HTC Sense interface
03/06/10 - The Win7 manual has been fixed in terms of the driver used for the firmware (instead of 5.0, it is better to use version 4)
03/03/10 - redesigning the topic, added the Questions and Answers section, updated the link to the revised firmware from vetaldep Рђ5_mod4 ->A5_mod4a
03/01/10 - a link to a new new firmware from vetaldep has been added
02.26.10 - Added instructions for the firmware for Vista
02/24/10 - added an example of correct BT MAC and WIFI MAC in the description section of OCTANS Downloader - Erase NV PDA
02/23/10 - a theme was created and a post with FAK was postponed, links to firmware from jacobn, vetaldep and Angel_666 were added, minor fixes and clarifications in the firmware instructions
02/22/10 - added factor on Removing hidden partition \ BASEFOLDER

Post has been editedGeneralgrant - 06.06.11, 12:46
Reason for editing: + from nokiden2011

Rep: (1220)
FIRMWARE INSTRUCTIONS

Files required for firmware
1. OCTANS Downloader firmware version 2.1 | 2.13 | 2.14 (starting with the JA5 firmware version, you must use version 2.13 and higher), there is also a modified version 2.13 mini from dear Sorg in which unnecessary settings are hidden and the default setting is not to clear the Phone memory (for more information about the settings, read the OCTANS Downloader section)
2. WinCE Serial USB Host Driver
for WinXP / Win7 x32 version4.0or5.0
for WinXP / Win7 x64 version3.7
3. A set of files for firmware
Custom firmware usually consists of a PDA file with the extension.nb0 , sometimes to her spread edited CSC the file, the official firmware consists of 4 files:
CSC_I8000XXXXXX .CSC - set of language settings
Eboot_I8000XXXXXX _HW_40.eb0 - loader
PDA_I8000XXXXXX _HW_40.MST - container file that contains the PDA part and language files for different countries
Phone_I8000XXXXXX _REV_04.bin - telephone module
XXXXXX - an alphanumeric code in which the current year, month and version of the firmware for this month is encrypted and other information (for the decoding of the marking see below in the Marking of Firmware section)

If the downloaded firmware has as many files as I8000NXXJB1.zip.001, I8000NXXJB1.zip.002, I8000NXXJB1.zip.003, etc., then you can assemble them into one through Total Commander (File menu - collect files), or using 7zip, or (if neither is installed) with a simple console command:
copy / B
after which unpack as usual.

Firmware under Windows XP / 2000/2003
Usually, there is no problem with firmware under these systems, everything is very simple.
OPTION 1 using ActiveSync
I leave it the main, because 99% of users still install ActiveSync, so why produce extra programs and drivers on your computer, if you can do without them
1. Install ActiveSync 4.5 (download here )
2. Turn off the phone completely
3. We connect to the computer with a USB cable (while on the device screen, the phone’s charging animation will appear), after which installation of the WinCE Serial USB host driver begins, wait for it to be installed (driver version 4.0 is installed, the same as above)
4. We take out the USB cord from the phone, we do not turn on the phone
5. Run OCTANS and select the necessary files and settings for the firmware
Now we need to select the files for the firmware. If you are flashing the official firmware from Samsung, then click the buttons below and select the appropriate files (for example, firmware JB1):
Eboot - Eboot_I8000NXXJB1_HW_40.eb0
MultiCSC - CSC_I8000NXXJB1.CSC
Movinand - PDA_I8000NXXJB1_HW_40.MST
Phone - Phone_I8000XXJB1.bin
Thennecessarily in the "CSC File Select" field, select the I8000SERJB1.csc file, while in the upper "Language Select" field, the language should automatically change to Russian (Russia), if not changed, change it yourself (if you want English firmware then select English (UK), more details about these settings are recommended to read in the section OCTANS Downloader.
If you want to flash the custom firmware then click on the buttonPDA and select the appropriate file with the .nb0 extension, if CSC is attached to the firmware, then click on MultiCSC and select it (and the CSC File Select field will be inactive, because custom CSC contains settings for only one country).
Put the dawPreserve device's contents so that the program does not format the internal memory of the phone.
For more information about the settings OCTANS Downloader read below in the appropriate section.
Attached Image
Attached Image

6. Press the Detect button, while the inscriptions should appear in the status window of the program below.
[Setup] Windows XP
[Setup] Download Ram Size: 41777920 bytes, (39 MB)

7. We connect the switched off phone to the USB cord (we insert the USB cable), if everything is normal, then the message should appear
OnDeviceChange \\? \ USB # VID_04E8 & PID ...
and become active "Start downoading" button and also change the color of the inscription PDA0 from yellow to green in the upper right part of the window, while the phone itself enters the Firmware mode and appears on its screen. The inscription Download Mode with an exclamation mark.
Attached Image

8. Press the "Start downoading" button - the firmware has started
The firmware process lasts about 15 minutes, at the same time it goes through 3 visible stages: filling and flashing selected files to the device, then there will be a reboot and installation of the language files will begin (if you are flashing through custom firmware, then the installation phase of the language files is skipped because are contained in the PDA part), after that the first download will occur and you will be asked to calibrate the device, do not touch anything and wait, at this moment the installation of the CSC and the final setup of the device are in progress, at the end an automatic restart will occur narrow, now as soon as it comes to calibration can easily calibrate and work with your phone. Firmware complete. Do not close OCTANS until [Success] All Download finished appears in the status line, while Job Done appears in the progress bar. Launched !!

OPTION 2 without using ActiveSync
Use it if you do not want to install ActiveSync.
1. Before launching OCTANS, you need to install a modem driver, for this we download and unpack the necessary driver from the link above, let it be version 5.0 as newer
2. We turn off the phone, connect it with a cord to the computer (the device’s charging animation appears on the device’s screen), the computer detects a new device and offers to install it, refuse and go to the Device Manager, there we have a device with a question mark
Attached Image
3. Click the mouse right mouse button on it and select Update in the pop-up window
Attached Image
4. In the next window, mark "Install from the specified location and click" next
Attached Image
5. In the next window, check the item "Include the next search location" and uncheck the item Search on removable media, click the browse button and specify the folder where the driver was unpacked
Attached Image
6. The installation will begin and a request to install an unsigned driver will appear, click "Continue anyway"
Attached Image

On this, our driver is installed, now we see Samsung MITs USB Sync in the device manager
Attached Image
Further, we also act as indicated in OPTION 1 starting from point 4. We take out the USB cord from the phone, we do not turn on the phone ...

OPTION 3 using Samsung CDMA Modem driver
At the moment I could not use this driver without an active phone to flash the phone, because Only 2 equipment identifiers USB \ VID_04E8 & PID_ are registered in the installation inf files. 6601 and USB \ VID_04E8 & PID_ 6640 , my phone has a different identifier USB \ VID_04E8 & PID_ 6619 , it does not coincide with any of them and therefore is not installed (the same with a number of other users - the identifier of the other). If you add your identifier to the installation files, the drivers start to be installed and then freeze when you install the Samsung CDMA Modem modem, after which it does not work with OCTANS Downloader. In this regard, additional testing is required, all instructions mention the need to install this driver, at the same time I didn’t use these drivers on all the tested systems (WinXP, Vista, Win7) and everything was fine. There is an idea that everyone who was stitching with these drivers simultaneously installed an active, in this case it was the active driver that was used.

Firmware for Vista (x32 / x64)
1. We connect the completely switched off phone to the computer and wait until the system installs the driver for it (by default, the driver version 6.0 will be installed on the clean system). After installation, a new device will appear in the device manager. Mobile device - Samsung MITs USB Sync. If the driver is not installed, and an unknown GT-I8000 device appears in the device manager, then we install the driver update for WMDC (Windows Mobile Device Center) from the phone disk, in which case the 6.1 driver will be installed. In any case, I recommend installing it so that in the future there will be no problems with synchronization.
2. Disconnect the phone from the computer, do not turn it on
3. Run the OCTANS Downloader and select the necessary files and settings for the firmware.
Immediately after launch, the following message will appear in the program status windowService stopped successfully, it is normal not to pay attention and continue.
Now we need to select the files for the firmware. If you are flashing the official firmware from Samsung, then click the buttons below and select the appropriate files (for example, firmware JB1):
Thennecessarily in the "CSC File Select" field, select the I8000SERJB1.csc file, while in the upper "Language Select" field, the language should automatically change to Russian (Russia), if not changed, change it yourself (if you want English firmware then select English (UK), more details about these settings are recommended to read in the section OCTANS Downloader.
If you want to flash the custom firmware then click on the buttonPDA and select the appropriate file with the .nb0 extension, if CSC is attached to the firmware, then click on MultiCSC and select it (and the CSC File Select field will be inactive, because custom CSC contains settings for only one country).
Put the dawPreserve device's contents so that the program does not format the internal memory of the phone.
For more information about the settings OCTANS Downloader read below in the appropriate section.
Attached Image
Attached Image

4. Press the Detect button, while the inscriptions should appear in the status window of the program below.
[Setup] Windows Vista
Service is already stopped. So I will NOT Re-start the service ...

5. We connect the switched off phone to the USB cord (we insert the USB cable), if everything is normal, then the message should appear
and become active "Start downoading" button and also change the color of the inscription PDA0 from yellow to green in the upper right part of the window, while the phone itself enters the Firmware mode and appears on its screen. The inscription Download Mode with an exclamation mark.
Attached Image

6. Press the "Start downoading" button - the firmware has started
The firmware process lasts about 15 minutes, at the same time it goes through 3 visible stages: filling and flashing selected files to the device, then there will be a reboot and installation of the language files will begin (if you are flashing through custom firmware, then the installation phase of the language files is skipped because are contained in the PDA part), after that the first download will occur and you will be asked to calibrate the device, do not touch anything and wait, at this moment the installation of the CSC and the final setup of the device are in progress, at the end an automatic restart will occur narrow, now as soon as it comes to calibration can easily calibrate and work with your phone. Firmware complete. Do not close OCTANS until [Success] All Download finished appears in the status line, while Job Done appears in the progress bar. Launched !!

Comment:For those who for some reason did not work this instruction, you can try to set for OCTANS Downloader compatibility mode with Windows XP (SP3), if it did not help, then we do everything as indicated below in the Firmware for Windows7 instructions below.

Firmware for Windows7 (x32 / x64)
Mobile Device Center is not involved in the firmware process ..
If you have an x64 (64 bit) version of the system, then you need to turn off checking for unsigned drivers before proceeding with the firmware procedure, restart the computer and press the F8 button before booting Windows until you have a menu of additional download options, where you select Disable mandatory checking driver signatures ", after which we wait until the computer is loaded (this operation may have to be done every time after the reboot, be sure to check the driver version before the firmware)
1. Before you run OCTANS, you need to install a USB driver for your phone, to do this, download and unpack the driver you need, download for 32 bit versions version 4.0 for 64 bit version 3.7
1.1. Turning off the phone, connecting it with a cable to the computer (the device’s charging animation will appear on the device’s screen), and the installation will start on the computer in a few seconds, wait until the installation is complete (if the installation failed for some reason, and in the Device Manager an unknown device appeared GT-I8000, then we do not pay attention and proceed to the next step of the instruction, we will need to install the driver, by analogy with the way described below).
1.2. By default, the native driver version 6.1 will be installed, this driver will not work for us, it needs to be replaced / upgraded to version 4.0 in case the system is x32 bit or version 3.7 if x64 bit (version 5.0 is not recommended for use, because it does not work stably)
To do this, go to Start ->Control Panel ->choose the top right view of the Large icons view ->Device Manager ->Double click on Samsung MITs USB Sync device
Attached Image
Driver tab click on the Update button
Attached Image
select Run search for drivers on this computer ->choose Select a driver from the list of already installed drivers ->press the button Install c disk ->Browse button
Attached Image
then we find and select the previously unpacked driver "wceusbsh.inf" ->Open ->OK ->Further ->the installation will start, a window will appear with a warning that the driver does not have a digital signature, do not pay attention and install it anyway, after that a window about successful installation will appear, close it and check the driver version, should be 4.0.4232.0 for x32 systems and 3.7.1.3244 for x64.
Attached Image
2. Disconnect the phone from the computer, do not turn it on
3. Go to the folder where you unpacked OCTANS Downloader, press the right key. click on the OCTANS_Downloader_v2.14.exe file, select the Properties item, then on the Compatibility tab, set the Run program in compatibility mode and select Windows XP (service pack 3), also set the checkbox "Run this program as administrator"
Attached Image
4. Run OCTANS and select the necessary files and settings for the firmware
If Service Service successfully successfully appears at the bottom of the status window, then you did not set the compatibility mode in the previous step, then go back and set it up.
Attached Image
Attached Image

5. Press the Detect button, while the inscriptions should appear in the status window of the program below.
[Setup] Windows XP

If the inscription "Service is already stopped. So I will NOT Re-start the service ..." appeared last, then you did not set the compatibility mode in step 3, click the Reset All button, close OCTANS, set the compatibility and start from step 4 ( if you do not do this and continue to do further, according to the instructions, multiple errors will appear in the pop-up windows and in the OCTANS status window there will be inscriptions as in the figure.
Attached Image
6. We connect the switched off phone to the USB cord (we insert the USB cable), if everything is normal, then the message should appear
Attached Image

The main problems with the firmware occur just at this stage, the following possible situations:
*** OnDeviceChange ... appeared, but the "Start downoading" button is inactive, which means that most likely you did not update the driver, press the Reset All button, close OCTANS and perform step 1.2, then start with step 4, if you are sure That the driver is updated, we try the following solutions to the problem
Solution options :
- close OCTANS, disconnect the phone from your phone, and do everything from point 4,
- close OCTANS, disconnect the phone from your phone, take out the battery for 5 seconds and do everything from point 4,
- close OCTANS, disconnect the phone from your computer and insert it into another port of the UBC on the computer, and do everything from point 4
- close OCTANS, disconnect the phone from yusb, restart the computer, and do everything from point 1.2 (because you will need to replace the driver again)
- try to install driver version 4.0 instead of 5.0
- install a virtual machine with Windows XP or find a computer with Windows XP from friends
*** After connecting the phone, the above OnDeviceChange .... inscription did not appear, which means that the phone most likely connected to the computer with an error (there is a yellow exclamation mark in the device manager),
Attached Image
Solution options
- remove the USB cord from the phone for 5 seconds and insert it back, try 2-3 times if it didn’t work from the 1st, OCTANS do not touch it, the device is in standby mode
- remove the USB cord from the phone, remove the battery for 5 seconds and plug it back in, connect the cable, do not touch the OCTANS while it is in the standby mode of the device
- try to disconnect the device in the device manager (mouse right keys - disconnect) and then connect (mouse right keys - use), you do not need to disconnect the phone from the UCSB, you should not touch OCTANS either, it is in the device standby mode.
- close OCTANS, disconnect the phone from your computer, restart the computer, and do everything from point 4
7. Press the "Start downoading" button - the firmware has started

OCTANS DOWNLOADER
In this section we will learn more about the settings of the program itself.
Attached Image

Mode Select - you can choose Normal or SMD mode, there should be Normal - normal firmware mode. In SMD mode, an additional appears. setting SMD Binary, the use of which threatens to reset the IMEI phone number and calibration data.
Eboot button - selects the bootloader, the file with the extension .eb0 This is the most dangerous part of the firmware, because it is at this stage that, in the event of any failure, there is a very high probability of getting a “brick”, which cannot be restored at home.
If you want to insure yourself from surprises as much as possible, it is not recommended to flash it all the time, to do it only when necessary - when switching from Windows Mobile version 6.1 firmware to version 6.5 firmware (or vice versa). It is also necessary to do this when upgrading to firmware A5 or newer from earlier firmware, while it is enough to flash once, after which you can not flash it with new firmware.
For example, you have firmware I8000SERIJC, it is based on WM6.5, but younger than A5, so when upgrading to A5 or a newer JB1, BUT is necessary! eboot firmware is optional, if you don’t do this, you will have 5mb less RAM, because From the A5 version, the Samsung reduced the page number in the firmware by 5 mb. Suppose we have stitched on the A5 now we want to flash on a newer one, for example JB1 in this case it is no longer necessary to flash the bootloader.PagePool is a memory area allocated from the operational and used by the system for caching information. Roughly speaking, increasing the size of PagePool can achieve a faster response of the system to user actions. Decreasing more memory to run applications.
The eboot firmware lasts only a few seconds.
PDA button - the firmware file itself, with the extension nb0. Almost all custom firmwares are in this format. When flashing custom firmwares, only this file is usually stitched, sometimes bundled with an edited CSC with specific settings for one language.
When flashing with official firmware, this field is not used.
MultiCSC - container file containing settings for different countries. CSC are simple (for one country, usually go along with custom) or MultiCSC (for many countries as in official firmware). CSC file is Country Specific Config and practically has no relation to the interface language.
This file contains boot splash screens for switching on, charging and flashing, settings of domestic operators, it can also contain customization files, such as animated screensavers, widgets, installation cab-files, etc., in general, everything that has attitude to this country BUT NOT TO THE LANGUAGE. The languages ​​themselves (language settings and MUI files) are in the main PDA firmware (nb0 or mst), and the interface translation itself is in them. At the same time, the language is set separately by the second stage after the firmware and the first reboot, therefore it is important to select Russian in the Language Select field - Russian (Russia), this will provide us with the Russian interface, in the CSC File Select field you must select I8000SERXXX.csc - the abbreviation SER corresponds to the Russian language (XXX is the firmware number), this will provide us with the correct GPRS / MMS settings for domestic operators, Russian widgets, screensavers, etc.
In addition, if you wish, you can, for example, select CSC for Russia and set the interface language English or CSC for England, and choose Russian as the language.
If you suddenly forgot to choose the right language (Language Select) or country file (CSC File Select), then you need to re-flash only the CSC file with the correct parameters, naturally this will lead to XP.
be careful .When you change the "CSC File Select" field, the Language Select field will also automatically change in accordance with the selected CSC, but not vice versa (for decoding the marking of the CSC language files, see the firmware marking below).
Movinand - MST firmware file, the container which contains the firmware itself and language files for all supported countries, including Russia, usually comes in conjunction with a CSC file, without which the "Language Select" field will not be active and you will not be able to choose the desired language (nevertheless, language files from the language that was last sewn will be installed). When flashing using this file, a hidden \ basefolder partition is created in the phone memory of 512 MB (this volume is taken from 8 GB of internal memory), cubic37.mli is written into it (needed to change the phone language without flashing from the phone settings)
Phone - telephone part of the firmware, update for the GSM module, affects the quality of communication, GPS, Wi-Fi and bluetooth, you can try to flash different versions to find the best, not necessarily the latest will be the best for you, much depends on your operator, coverage etc.
Erase nv pda - this option removes some factory settings, such as the bluetooth address of the adapter and the Wi-Fi module (battery calibration is also reset by unchecked data), the MAC address after resetting is FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF.
Not recommended for use!
You can restore / change the mac address using service codes (* # 1546792 * # - Administrator menu ->Internal (password * # 0807 #) ->BT MacAddress and WIFI MacAddress (password 1234), then in the upper field we hammer in a new MAC and press the Execute button.
If you have not saved the original addresses, you can use the following (addresses from a real phone), do not forget to change the last couple of characters so that the number is unique.
Bluetooth MAC60 D0 A905 C9 88
WiFi MAC00 21 19AA 6D E4
The first 3 octets (3 pairs of characters) indicate the manufacturer (device vendor) in this case, Samsung, so the first 6 characters are best left as they are, the rest can be changed if desired (info fromvetaldep )
Erase csc - clears the CSC area in the phone, and the charging animation on off disappears. state, turn on and off the phone, also pictures that appear when flashing the phone. When using this option, the device will not undergo customization at the first boot after XP or firmware, this means that most of the settings and files responsible for Russification will not be established (wallpaper, widgets, animations and on / off sounds, settings of GPRS / MMS operators), while The second reboot after the firmware will not be forced.
This option is automatically disabled (unchecked) if you have selected the CSC file for the firmware.
Skip OS updating by MoviNAND image - when selecting this option and selecting the MST file for the firmware, as usual, the cubic37.mli image file will be written in the hidden \ basefolder section, but the firmware will not be updated.
Preserve device's contents - If you do not want the internal memory of the phone to be formatted with the firmware (not to be confused with the microSD memory card, it is not formatted), then you need to check the box. In order not to constantly remember about this setting I recommend using OCTANS Downloader 2.13 mini from Sorg, the daw is installed by default.
This option is enabled only when flashing official firmware and selecting an MST file., when flashing custom firmware this option is ignored, the memory is not cleared.
This option is also recommended in the event that the firmware process hangs without completing (do not check).
Skip over waiting for booting completely - the program does not wait for confirmation of the device being fully loaded after the firmware, and immediately after the first reboot it finishes the process.
Start downloading immediately - the firmware process starts immediately after connecting the phone and identifying it in the program, you do not need to press the Start downloading button.

Any of the firmware files can be flashed separately, there is nothing wrong with that, while the firmware of the telephone part and the bootloader (eboot) XP does not occur in other cases it will be produced.

Post has been editedBell071 - 27.11.11, 23:43
Reason for editing: + from Maxidrive, + from roma85, + from - = ZRK = -, + fromsavagemessiahzine.com_katrin

List of available firmware
Currently the latest available firmware.I8000NXXJJ1
Collection of links preparedendru . If you find broken links you need firmware, please write a message or contact QMS.
Archive of early firmware collected by sorg on modaco.com
Official service firmware:

Official firmware:
I8000XXIH5 (WM 6.1, Phone_I8000DXIH2_REV_04, PDA_I8000XXIH5_HW_40, Eboot_I8000XXIH5_HW_40, CSC_I8000FAMIH4) - one of the first stable on WM6.1 in one archive on the people
I8000DXIG7 (WM 6.1, Phone_I8000DXIG7_REV_04, PDA_I8000XXIG7_HW_40, Eboot_I8000XXIG7_HW_40) one of the most stable and fast on WM 6.1 with a large amount of free RAM on the people
I8000NXXJB1 (WM 6.5, Phone_I8000XXJB1, PDA_I8000NXXJB1_HW_40, Eboot_I8000NXXJB1_HW_40, CSC_I8000NXXJB1) in one archive
I8000NXXJB3 (WM 6.5, Phone_I8000XXJB1, PDA_I8000NXXJB3_HW_40, Eboot_I8000NXXJB3_HW_40, CSC_I8000NXXJB3) in one archive
I8000NXXJC1 (WM 6.5, Phone_I8000XXJB2, PDA_I8000SERJC1_HW_40, Eboot_I8000NXXJC1_HW_40, CSC_I8000NXXJC1) is one of the most stable on WM 6.5 (in one archive on the people) on mail.ru
I8000NXXJD1 (WM 6.5.3, Phone_I8000XXJD1, PDA_I8000NXXJD1_HW_40, I8000EURJD4, Eboot_I8000NXXJD1_HW_40) in one archive on the people
I8000NXXJD7 (WM6.5, Phone_I8000XXJD1, PDA_I8000NXXJD4_HW_40, Eboot_I8000NXXJD4_HW_40, CSC_I8000NXXJD7) in one archive
I8000NXXJD9 (WM 6.5, Phone_I8000XXJD1, PDA_I8000NXXJD6_HW_40, Eboot_I8000NXXJD6_HW_40, CSC_I8000NXXJD9) in one archive
I8000NXXJE1 (WM6.5.3, Phone_I8000XXJD1, PDA_I8000NXXJE1_HW_40, Eboot_I8000NXXJE1_HW_40, CSC_I8000NXXJE1) by the people
I8000NXXJE2 (WM6.5, Phone_I8000XXJD1, PDA_I8000NXXJE2_HW_40, Eboot_I8000NXXJE2_HW_40, CSC_I8000NXXJE1) on the same people
I8000NXXJE5 (WM 6.5.3, Phone_I8000XXJD1, PDA_I8000NXXJE3_HW_40, Eboot_I8000NXXJE3_HW_40, CSC_I8000NXXJE5) in one archive
I8000NXXJF5 (WM 6.5, Phone I8000XXJF1, PDA I8000NXXJF5_HW_40, Eboot I8000NXXJF5_HW_40, CSC I8000NXXJF4) on the people
I8000NXXJF6 (WM 6.5.3, Phone_I8000XXJF1, PDA_I8000NXXJF6_HW_40, CSC_I8000NXXJF5, Eboot_I8000NXXJF6_HW_40) by the people
I8000NXXJG2 (WM 6.5.3, Phone_I8000XXJF1, PDA_I8000NXXJG2_HW_40, CSC_?, Eboot_I8000NXXJG2_HW_40) in one archive on the people
I8000NXXJG4 (WM 6.5, Phone_I8000XXJF1, PDA_I8000NXXJG4_HW_40, CSC_I8000PROJG4, Eboot_I8000NXXJG4_HW_40) in one archive on the people
I8000NXXJG5 (WM 6.5, Phone_I8000XXJF1, PDA_I8000NXXJG5_HW_40, CSC_I8000XEHJG5, Eboot_I8000NXXJG5_HW_40) in one archive
I8000NXXJH1 (WM 6.5, Phone_I8000XXJF1, PDA_I8000NXXJH1_HW_40, CSC_I8000ITVJH1, Eboot_I8000NXXJH1_HW_40) in one archive on the people
I8000NXXJH2 (WM 6.5.3, Phone_I8000XXJF1, PDA_I8000NXXJH2_HW_40, CSC_I8000XEEJH2, Eboot_I8000NXXJH2_HW_40) in one archive on the people
I8000NXXJI1 (WM 6.5.3, Phone_I8000XXJF1, PDA_I8000SERJI1_HW_40, CSC_I8000NXXJI1, Eboot_I8000NXXJI1_HW_40) in one archive on the people (new)
I8000BUJI1 (WM 6.5, Phone_I8000XXJF1, PDA_I8000BUJI1_HW_40, CSC_I8000SFRJI1, Eboot_I8000NXXJI1_HW_40) in one archive on the people.
I8000NXXJJ1 (WM 6.5, Phone_I8000XXJJ1, PDA_I8000NXXJJ1_HW_40, CSC I8000PROJJ1, Eboot_I8000NXXJJ1_HW_40) in one archive on the people. (new)
Support for the device manufacturer discontinued.

Custom firmware from our members of the forum:
Firmware from uv.jacobn
I8000XXIH5 (WM6.1) NewLife 1.x and NewLife 2.x fromjacobn (last updated on 15.4.2010

Firmware from uv.vetaldep
I8000NXXJC1 (WM6.5) JC1_Lite_mod1 fromvetaldep 28.03.10

Firmware from uv.Angel_666
I8000NXXIL8 (WM6.5.3) fromAngel_666 16.1.2010
original post
Angel_666 PDA Win 6.5.3 28008 IL8 ver.2
Deleted: Smart search, smart memo, Midomi, Scrapbook, Main menu and some trivia.
Added: Samsung SDK, Security Certificates, OpenGL Diver from Ginkage.
The native Windows settings are unlocked, the themes are now loaded and set up without problems, the Samsung dialer is disabled by default, but not deleted, Titanium is a native Windows program, it stops at the clock, where it should be, Widgets are left, the rest is on screenshots.

I8000NXXJB1 (WM6.5.3) fromAngel_666 20.3.2010

Firmware from uv.alex.shastov
I8000NXXJРЎ1 + (WM6.5.3) fromalex.shastov 19.3.2010
original post
original post 2
JC1a.raron the people
new version of CSCrequired for firmware
In fact, this is the first 6,5,3 in which Samsung Tudey and Widget Plus work fully, without jambs in the upper and lower bars.
corrections:
1. Removed Navigation Navigation shortcut (there wasn’t navigation here)
2. Fixed jamb with XTRA work
3. Fixed the cant with the work of Bluetooth (thanks to sorg)
4. Fixed camera menu (there were no letters in the menu before, thanks to sorg)
5. Added to the list of topics your theme for 6.5.3 (after the firmware, you can go to the settings and select it and there will be a lower bar, like in the third picture)
6. Replaced the SMS and MMS sending animation with my own.
7. I made it in Samsung Tudey so that the day of the week and the month are shown in full.
8. Fixed a slowdown of the keyboard of the Russian layout (there were problems with typing the same letter in a row)
9. Made four rows of icons in the start menu.
10. Added an icon to the main menu for the standard settings of Windows mobile
11. Some other minor corrections were made, but there is no point to write about them in detail.
Problems:
- a small jamb from microsoft 6,5,3 are fonts in landscape mode (those are calculator and photo frame)

I8000NXXJD1 (WM6.5.3) fromalex.shastov 11.4.2010

I8000JE3a (6.5.3) (WM6.5.3) fromalex.shastov 18.5.2010

I8000JE3b (6.5.3) (WM6.5.3) fromalex.shastov 25.5.2010

Firmware from uv.GSM 2007
I8000NXXJC1 (WM6.5) Super Light fromGSM 2007 31.3.2010

I8000NXXJD1 (WM6.5) Super Light fromGSM 2007 11.4.2010

I8000NXXJD1 (WM6.5.3) Super Light fromGSM 2007 13.4.2010

I8000NXXJE2 light (with top start) fromGSM 2007 18.6.2010

Firmware from uv.VSI7
I8000NXXJE1 (WM6.5.3) light fromVSI7

Custom firmware c interfaceHTC Sense (Touch Flo 3D / Manila 2.5):
I8000N_LEO2FUSION_B2 (WM6.5) from rodrigofd
Original themeon modaco (requires registration)
Link to firmwarewith modaco (requires registration)
Link to the people(perezalito)
Russificationfrompoppuri
A set of fixes and additions look in the subject.OEM software adaptation

enri_Sense2.5_ENGLISH_Wm6.5.5 fromenrico988

Branches with firmware from our members of the forum:

Phone parts from firmware:

Marking firmware
Let us analyze the marking of the firmware for example i8000NXXJB1
i8000 - device model brand
N - version of the operating system Windows Mobile (H - 6.1, N - 6.5, C - 6.5.x)
Xx - region / network operator
J - the year of the firmware release (in this case 2010)
I = 2009
J = 2010
K = 2011
etc.
B - month of firmware release (in this case, February)
A = January
B = February
C = March
D = April
E = May
F = June
G = July
H = August
I = September
J = October
K = November
L = December
1 - This month’s firmware version

Decoding marking language CSC files
ATO = Austria German
AUT = Switzerland German
CNX = Romania English (UK)
COA = Romania English (UK)
CYO = Greece Greek
DBT = Germany German
EUR = Greece Greek
FOP = Spain Spanish
HAT = Romania English (UK)
IRD = Slovakia Czech
ITV = Italy Italian
MOB = Austria German
MOT = Slovenia
MOZ = German
MTL = Bulgaria English (UK)
OMX = Bulgaria English (UK)
ORO = Romania English (UK)
PAN = Hungary Hungarian (Hungary)
PLS = Poland Polish
PRO = Holland English (UK)
PRT = Poland Polsky (Poland)
SEB = Austria English (UK)
SEK = Ukraine Russian
SER = Russia Russian
SIM = Slovenia
SMO = Serbia English (UK)
SUN = Switzerland German
SWC = Switzerland German
TPH = Portugal Portuguese
TRA = Croatia English (UK)
VGR = Greece Greek
VIP = Croatia English (UK)
WIN = Italy Italian
XCS = Czech
XEB = Belgium English (UK)
XEE = Sweden English (UK)
XEF = France French
XEH = Hungary Hungarian
XEN = Holland German
XEO = Poland Polish
XEP = Portugal Portuguese
XEU = United Kingdom English (UK)
XEZ = Hungary Czech
XSO = Singapore Chinese
FAM = Sigapur English

Post has been editedendru - 03.10.12, 18:27

Remove hidden partition \ BASEFOLDER
In our device, there is 8GB of internal memory, on the Russian firmware, by default it is called "Phone memory", its full capacity is 7836MB and only 7324 MB is available for use, another 512 MB makes up a reserve, and this reserve will be discussed.
A 512 MB partition is a reserved hidden partition.\ BASEFOLDERYou can get into it with the help of Total Commander CE, for example, in the address bar we type\ BASEFOLDER
Attached Image
This section contains the PowerDic program and the firmware image file. In fact, this file is only needed so that you can later change the interface language. I think that 512mb will not be superfluous, and the language will be installed with the firmware, let's remove this section. If you need PowerDic, then copy the Programs folder from the hidden partition to the microSD or main memory, after deleting the partition, you will need to create the Basefolder folder in the main memory of the device (next to the Program Files and Windows folder) and copy this Programs folder to the newly created folder Basefolder.
Now the process itself:
1. We go to the Samsung settings on the General tab and in the USB connection item, select Removable disk - Phone memory, click OK
2. We connect the phone to the computer, if the autorun window suddenly appears asking what to do with the USB device, close it.
3. Download the program HP USB Storage Format Tool , and launch it, select the device we need in the drop-down list, it looks like this for me
Attached Image
choose FAT32 if it is not set by default, set the Quick Format checkbox and click Start, a window will appear asking for confirmation of formatting, click YES, wait until the formatting is complete and the information window appears (approximately 15 seconds), close it and the program.
4. Disconnect the phone from the computer and go to the Samsung settings on the Memory tab - Phone memory, there we can see that we now have 7824 free memory, the reserve also has not gone anywhere, but in fact it does not exist, just in case you can press the Reset button, that will lead to formatting the flash drive, but everything works for me. Due to the fact that the program does not know how to count the total size of the drive without a hidden partition, then the total memory after deletion shows more than it actually is - 8336 MB.
Screenshots before and after deleting a section.
Attached Image
Attached Image

That's all!
If you want to return the hidden section , then run OCTANS choose MST from the firmware that you have, check the box Skip OS updating by MoviNAND image and do not put daw Preserve device's contents push Start Downloading ,
Attached Image
after that, for some time, the octane will upload the image to the phone, then the phone will reboot, XP will not happen, but all the data in the Phone Memory (8GB) will naturally be deleted.
Comment!If you later want to install any official firmware, then you will need to be sure to flash it with the option disabled.Preserve device's contentsotherwise the firmware will hang on the language installation stage. This is due to the fact that we have deleted the hidden section with the firmware image (the image also contains the language), and when you install the Preserve device's contents daw it is not recreated.

Disassembling, editing, assembling firmware
In this section we will look at the process of saving the current firmware from the phone, disassembling, editing and assembling it. Also consider the programs needed for this.
Supplement fromAngel_666 here
Supplement fromEgOrrr here and here
Supplement fromvetaldep here
Required programs:
1. Executor from Pako777 - for disassembly, assembly and a number of other manipulations with firmware. The program is constantly evolving, new versions and news on the program look in this topic.
2. Dskdump.exefromSorg - for dumping firmware, as well as for dumping, you can use Executor from Pako777 - the result is the same.
3. Instructions for working with the kitchen Samsung i8000 step by step from endru + kitchen from wes58

Frequently asked Questions
In the process of creation.

Q: Is it possible to flash separately the telephone part, language settings and bootloader (eboot)?
A: You can flash in any combination and separately. This applies to both custom firmware and official. For more information about eboot, see the sectionOCTANS Downloader ->eboot

Q: After flashing, GPRS / EDGE does not work, I can not create my connection
A: It is necessary to flash the correct CSC file with the language settings, look in the sectionOCTANS Downloader ->MultiCSC

Q: After the firmware, the Orange logo (or another left picture) and many widgets in an incomprehensible language now pop up when loading
A: It is necessary to flash the correct CSC file with the language settings, look in the sectionOCTANS Downloader ->MultiCSC

Q: Bluetooth or WIFI do not work after flashing
A: Go to the settings from the Samsung (Start-Settings), go to the System tab (last bookmark) ->Version ->The device, look at the MAC-addresses, if they are of the form FF FF FF FF FF FF, then you need to restore them, how to restore look in the sectionOCTANS Downloader ->Erase nv pda

Q: After flashing, SMS is sent in the form of question marks
A: It is necessary to include "use unicode if necessary" in messages-menu-options-creation mode
Alternatively - in the registryHKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Inbox \ Settingsexhibit"SMSUnicode" = dword: 1
Q: How to add a shortcut to VM settings
A: In the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Security \ Shell \ StartInfo set "HideSettings" = dword: 00000000
Q: How to prevent automatic pop-up of the keyboard in all programs?
A: we rule the following in the registry (after this manipulation, the keyboard is called only by hand):
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ ControlPanel \ Sip>:
change DWORD TurnOffAutoDeploy from 0 to 1

Post has been editedendru - 15.02.11, 10:30

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 30.06.19, 14:27