> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

If you posted a new version of the program, please notify the moderator by clicking the "Complaint" button on your message.

Catalog of Android programs

Wordoholic | Program for learning foreign words (similar to Learnwords)

Rep: (11)
Wordoholic
version: 0.8.8

Last update of the program in the header:04.07.2010

Attached ImageAttached Image

Description:
5 types of exercises, 6 repetitions, creating your own dictionaries, online swapping of voice acting (only English and Spanish), the ability to add voice acting yourself.
An online dictionary exchange service is planned.
Versions for Android, Windows, Mac OS X are available.

Homepage: http://wordoholic.com/
Cyrket: http://www.cyrket.com/p/android/com.wordoholic.app/
Androlib: http://www.androlib.com/android.applicatio...ndroid-pwz.aspx

Download:
Version 0.8.8: http: //savagemessiahzine.com/forum/dl/post/552087/wordoholic_learner_android_0.8.8.apk
Previous versions

Post has been editeddvoriki06 - 25.10.12, 14:39
Reason for editing: edit

Rep: (14)
Not bad!
On the Hero started.
It remains only to find the Swedish-Russian and Russian-Swedish dictionaries ...: rolleyes:

DarkClaus
Dictionaries have to do it yourself. It’s more convenient through the desktop version, which can be downloaded on the developer's website :)
Or through the Wordoholic Reader.

Post has been editedmulto - 23.02.10, 23:38

multo @ 23.2.10, 23:31*
Dictionaries will have to do yourself

If you already do cards, then I would also like the ability to add graphics.
As in children's dominoes with berries;)

Indeed, people, the majority, have associative thinking.
We see the radish, we see the signaturerädisa- remember.
And these cards lack transcription.

DarkClaus,
There is an additional field in which you can add transcription. Or any other note. Actually, it’s not very convenient for transcription, of course ... BUT
For English and Spanish, the program itself tightens voice acting from the Internet - this is much better than transcription. For other languages, it is possible to add sound files manually.

Pictures are a gorgeous thing, but when creating dictionaries:
- firstly, you are tormented by adding them,
- and secondly, not every word has a picture ... also a decent one)

I use the program for about six months, for three languages. More convenient program for learning words, I have not met. Especially for the android.

I tried to use Excell to create cards (as written on the author’s website) - it worked.
There were lags with UTF8, but this is easy.

I like the program. It is a pity I do not have sound files for the dictionary.
Just guess without sound or transcription thatKistamässan- thisSchistamessandifficult: happy:

The program has been updated to 0.8.6.

Added the ability to download audio files online to the Swedish -... dictionaries.
Plus the possibility of a full backup of dictionaries in the version for android (so far without statistics studied).

Attached filewordoholic_android_0.8.6.apk(116,07 KB)

Information for interested: if you find a site that contains sound files for other languages ​​(except English, Spanish and Swedish), there is an opportunity to fasten them to the program so that it also downloads sounds online.

Moderator, then replace the bar code p-that too. Instead of the previous two. This one is better.
Attached Image

Multo @ 4.3.10, 19:52*
Added the ability to download audio files online to the Swedish -... dictionaries.
Plus the possibility of a full backup of dictionaries in the version for android (so far without statistics studied).

Fine! Thank!
Went to look for sounds.
Maybe I ask the Aboriginal people in Stockholm to write the correct pronunciation.

Rep: (0)
Explain, please, how to use this miracle? Can you download the English-Russian dictionary somewhere?

Explain, please, how to use this miracle? Can you download the English-Russian dictionary somewhere?

Not yet. The planned service for the exchange of finished dictionaries is under development.
The dictionary is very easy to create on your own (more convenient in the desktop version, which can be downloaded from the site - _ttp: //wordoholic.com/download.html).

Immediately:
There is a feature other than Learnwords, if someone has used it before, repetitions begin only after a complete study of the dictionary. Those. the optimal dictionary size is 30-50 words.

Rep: (3)
The program in Russian i.e. settings or English ?? Paid or not?
Recommended number of words in one dictionary? 50 words for the dictionary is not enough.
What is the screen extension in pixels for this program?

A.V.R ,
The program in Russian i.e. settings or English ??

The version for android has an interface in English, in the desktop there is a Russian translation.

Paid or not?

Currently free.

Recommended number of words in one dictionary? 50 words for the dictionary is not enough.

50 recommended by the author. I do 30. What is connected, it is written above. According to long-term experience using the program, this does not cause inconvenience. You can do more, your right.

What is the screen extension in pixels for this program?

Under any. Due to the lack of fixed-size graphics, the issue is irrelevant.

Rep: (24)
Oh, and if I liked it, but I have WM5? Give someone a booth, because of this I will not buy an android :), but the program is good (at first glance: thank_you :)

Guys, if someone made Russian-English dictionaries, then share pliz.
Is anyone involved in it?

@ActionZzz,
I do. I’m doing it. For a long time and with pleasure.

Are you interested in Russian-English dictionaries or all the same English-Russian?
In any case, making it yourself is easier and more useful, with the vocabulary that interests you.

Here is the utf-8 file, but on the device, instead of some transcription symbols, the krakozyabra. Can you help?

Attached files

Attached fileengl.csv(55.09 KB)

The program, to put it mildly, is crude. To LearnWords her like to the moon. No dictionaries, no normal voice acting, no pictures. Primitive.

multo @ 5.3.10, 1:52*
Added the ability to download sound files online

Online download is certainly good, but to the point: sounds are not tied to a dictionary.

multo @ 6.3.10, 12:15*
There is a feature other than Learnwords, if someone has used it before, repetitions begin only after a complete study of the dictionary.

This is not a feature - this is a big minus.

Russian-English dictionary.
51 thousand words. No transcription.

Attached files

Attached fileenrus.csv.rar(442.86 KB)

ch. @ 29.6.10, 13:10*
Russian-English dictionary.
51 thousand words. No transcription.

You didn’t mix anything up? This is a program for learning words, not a dictionary.

@ Ol_17
Online download is certainly good, but to the point: sounds are not tied to a dictionary.

Everything is tied up. What and how did you do?

This is not a feature - this is a big minus.

This is the difference. And to perceive it as plus or minus is your purely personal choice.

To LearnWords her like to the moon. No dictionaries, no normal voice acting, no pictures. Primitive.

If you’re used to it, yes.
Pictures are a moot point. Do you learn only those words that can be represented in two-dimensional space? Then you are probably right.
There is voice acting.

If you are able to make a dictionary in accordance with your personal needs, especially since it is elementary with this program, then this is the program for you.

And can you still attach some ready-made English-Russian dictionary with transcription to the header? Many people will say thanks.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/06/19, 12:38