> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

If you posted a new version of the program, please notify the moderator by clicking the "Complaint" button on your message.

16 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> GuruDic, Idioma, Dictionary Universal and Dictionaries | [iPhone]
berk_bear
Message#1
18.02.10, 23:48
Experienced
[offline]

Group: Curators
Messages 475
Check in: 11.04.08
Apple iPhone 4

���������� ��� ������ �� ��������� ��������� ���� "StarDict" � ����� �������� � ��� download

Last update of the program in the header:20.08.2011

One of the most useful (or simply necessary) things for work, education and recreation are dictionaries. In the AppStore you can find a great many translators, dictionaries and encyclopedias with an easy, pleasant and Russian-language interface. Most of them, of course, paid. But the most convenient when you can buy (or find free, as was the case with the programiStarDict) one universal shell that allows you to work with any set of dictionaries to taste, which are freely available for download from the Internet. The most well-known base of open dictionaries that are very popular are stardict dictionaries. So, having only one program from those that will be described below, you will get access to a powerful database.

What is it?

Wikipedia says:Stardict - a free shell for open source electronic dictionaries that can, apart from the actual output of articles, translate, voice words, use fuzzy queries and patterns, search in online dictionaries. Developed in C ++ using the GTK 2 graphics library and UTF-8 encoding.

For users of portable i-devices, there are such programs asWeDict Pro , GuruDic , Idioma and Dictionary universal . We will not consider the first one, since, in my memory, it worked slowly, was expensive and did not have a Russian interface. But the second two (it is possible that later there will be more shells of this kind, including for the iPad) I will describe in more detail.

GuruDic (previously iStarDict)
Version: 1.2.6

Attached ImageAttached Image
more screenshots

Description:

Interface:Russian , English, Korean, Vietnamese and Japanese.
Platform: iPod Touch, iPhone andiPad .

For a long time I was looking for an adequate replacement for the well-known vocabulary shell.WeDict Pro, the only important feature of which has always been considered the support of free electronic dictionary formats popular on many StarDict platforms. Despite the fact thatWeDict Pro is a commercial application for iPhone and its version has been updated several times, it still works poorly and slowly, often “crashing” or “hanging”, especially when it comes to using several dictionaries at once. And so, quite by chance, I discovered in the AppStore a free program. "iStarDict- International dictionary (StarDict) for iPhone " ! Hmm ... Familiar name! But before it was possible to install it from Cydia, but I usually do not rush to install such software from there, waiting for it in the "legal" form. Well, wait! We all waited. :) Having tried this shell in my work, I immediately concluded that WeDict Pro which I suffered with earlier, I don’t need it anymore and began to download StarDict dictionaries already in iStarDict - well, it has a nice interface and the installation capabilities of dictionaries / reference books / encyclopedias are much more. You can download such dictionaries from many open and accessible sources. I was pleased with the opportunity to upload dictionaries via Wi Fi from my computer, as well as via any link from the Internet, which can be specified in the settings.

Unfortunately, later this free program disappeared from eppstore, and it was replaced by a paid one (only 0.99 cents), but more refined with the support of Russian in the menu -GuruDic . Anyone who has worked with iStarDict th, I recommend to buy it. The project is being developed and updated (now multitasking, the ability to add dictionaries directly through iTunes, voice acting, etc.).

The program has a nice interface, supports both portrait and landscape screen layout, it works quickly (even if several "heavy" dictionaries are used at the same time (I have five activated now, I did not notice any slowdowns), you can set the voice acting to the dictionaries.

Dictionaries are best downloaded from publicly available sources for StarDict, this is official:
http://stardict.sourceforge.net

No less known and this:http://xdxf.revdanica.com/down/

I also have all the dictionaries installed (necessary for Russian-speaking users) that I downloaded from here:
http://planetiphone.ru/stardict
(I recommend. I think, over time, we will transfer all important dictionaries here to the forum, so the list of attached dictionaries in the header will be updated).

ATTENTION: In order for the dictionary / encyclopedia / handbook to work normally, their format must strictly comply with StarDict standards. Therefore, it is better to take ready-made (and there are many of them) from the sources cited above, or those that I will be uploading to this particular topic. Dictionaries that are placed in the WeDict topic are not worth taking, most of them have an incorrect format.

Holders of firmware starting from 4.0 can throw dictionaries into the program either via the Internet or via wi fi from a computer, or simply by dragging the necessary dictionaries into itunes, into the "programs" section, into the shared GuruDic folder (see the bottom of the screen - "Common Programs" ).

(Owners of iStarDict on devices with jailbreak and older firmware (up to 4.0), which reluctant to use Wi-Fi or edge to download dictionaries from the phone, can also install dictionaries by directly copying the unpacked archive with the dictionary files to the directory\ private \ var \ mobile \ Applications \ many numbers and letters (look for the one inside which will be iStarDictL.app) \ Library \ Caches \ Dictionary \ on your iphone. There should be folders with the names of your dictionaries, and inside each of them are three database files of this dictionary with the extensions .idx, .dict.dz and .ifo.

That is, for example, you have downloaded the archive of the stardict-large English-Russian dictionary of the form stardict-comn_sdict05_eng_rus_full-2.4.2.tar.bz2 - unpack it, get a folder named stardict-comn_sdict05_eng_rus_full-2.4.2, inside which there are three files with the above names extensions, copy it to the Dictionary folder, along the path indicated above
)

Homepage: http://gurudic.wordpress.com/

Download: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gurudic/id366192217?mt=8
Price: $ 0.99

Download old, freeiStarDict (version 1.3.5) can be in the deb-archive: iStarDict1.3.5b1.zip

* In case of installing the program from a .deb package, dictionaries should be thrown along the path: / var / mobile / library / dictionary /

Dictionary universal
version: 3.1

more screenshots

Description:

Interface:Russian English
Platform: iPod Touch, iPhone.

Dictionary universal - more expensive, but often updated shell, authorship of Dmitry Zhuk. I collected a lot of positive reviews in the AppStore. It works quickly, multitasking, dictionaries can be thrown through the Internet, wi-fi (from the local computer) and by dragging dictionaries in iTunes. In general, it is very similar both in appearance and in functionality with GuruDic . However, unlike the first, it works only in vertical mode. Since I bought and compared both these programs for quite a long time, I can say that the main plus Dictionary universal in a very responsive technical support and regular updates of the application versions (because updates GuruDic for all of the 4.x firmwares, I had to wait a few months, but here everything is faster).

Full iOS4 support: multitasking and file sharing through iTunes.
High speed work. Quick download of the application after all dictionaries are indexed. Found matches appear immediately while typing without delay.
Fuzzy search. This functionality will help to find a word if it is typed with typos or you do not know the correct spelling of this word. Just type a word and press the Search button on the keyboard.
Pronunciation.
Save favorites and search history.
The most complete implementation of the StarDict format in the AppStore (including images, synonyms, as well as various types of dictionaries).
Highlighting text for better readability (if supported by dictionary format).
Search for arbitrary words. Click on any word when viewing the article to find this word in the downloaded dictionaries.
View articles in full screen.
Gesture support:
- scrolling to switch between dictionaries;
- scrolling with two fingers from left to right to go to the previous article;
- press with two fingers to enable / disable full-screen mode.
Support for compressed dictionaries and resources.
Installing dictionaries via USB cable.
Support for dictionaries made for WeDict Pro.

Homepage: http://iphone.krasnet.com/dictionary/ru/

Download: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dictionary-...d312088272?mt=8
Price: $ 5.99

Idioma
Version: 1.1.2

more screenshots

Description:

Interface:Russian English
Platform: iPod Touch, iPhone andiPad .

Idioma Turns your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad into a portable dictionary. This is the fastest and most universal program for viewing StarDict dictionaries designed for Apple iOS.

Opportunities:
- Fast loading of the program and instant word search.
- Search all dictionaries at the same time.
- Support for basic formats StarDict dictionaries (including WeDict, XDXF, HTML).
- Add dictionaries through iTunes.
- The ability to translate a word when you click on it in a dictionary entry, the copy function with a long press.
- When first added, dictionaries are automatically optimized for quick search.
- The history of translated words can be enabled and disabled.
- Support multitasking.
- Ease of use: the ability to change the font size, the size of the area of ​​dictionary entries (iPad), turn dictionaries on and off, rotate the screen for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.

The application does not include built-in dictionaries, but you can find and download many dictionaries for free on StarDict website or on the Internet.

Homepage: http://idioma.byethost4.com

Download: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/idioma/id404568605?mt=8
Price: $ 1.99 (currently (04/17/2011) for sale at $ 0.99)

Dicty - universal dictionary shell

Now about the dictionaries.
All of them are free, open and universal. All of them are suitable for both GuruDic (iStarDict), and for iDioma, Dictionary Universal and WeDict Pro.

FOREIGN DICTIONARIES
Universal dictionary 6.0
English-Russian dictionary. Full (18,839,918)
English-Russian Muller Dictionary
Russian-English dictionary. Full (6,407,487)
English-Russian dictionary. Abbreviated (3,190,219)
Russian-English. Abbreviated (1,639,565)
Russian-English dictionary idioms (21,567)
English-Russian dictionary of slang words (92,917)
English transcription dictionary (350,319)
German-Russian dictionary (3,000,116)
Russian-German dictionary (1,083,934)
Belarusian-Russian dictionary (447,323)
Russian-Belarusian dictionary (1,519,213)
Latin-Russian dictionary (161,373)
Dictionary of Latin expressions (12,915)
Polish-Russian dictionary (35 479 words)(2.01 MB)
Russian-Polish Dictionary (18,796 words)(548.71 KB)
Polish-Russian dictionary (549,266)
Russian-Polish dictionary (576,508)
Ukrainian-Russian dictionary (4,874,979)
Russian-Ukrainian dictionary (4,915,892)
Czech-Russian (small) (85,467)
Czech-Russian dictionary (univ.)(169,342 words) (2.99 MB)
Russian-Czech dictionary (univ.)(169,507 words) (2.85 MB)
Swedish-Russian dictionary (151,076)
Russian-Swedish dictionary (174,909)
Esperanto-Russian dictionary (12,953)
Estonian-Russian dictionary (646,064)
Spanish-Russian dictionaryAttached filestardictesru.zip(4.25 MB)

Russian-Spanish dictionaryAttached filestardictrues.zip(4.08 MB)

Italian-Russian dictionaryAttached filestardictitru.zip(5.41 MB)

Russian-Italian dictionaryAttached filestardictruit.zip(3.73 MB)

French-Russian dictionaryAttached filestardictfrru.zip(6.49 MB)

Russian-French dictionaryAttached filestardictrufr.zip(3.69 MB)

SPEAKERS

Russian-English PhrasebookAttached filephrasebook_ruen.zip(44.94 KB)

Russian-German PhrasebookAttached filephrasebookrude.zip(45.07 KB)

Russian-Spanish PhrasebookAttached filestardictphrasebookrues.zip(44.23 KB)

Russian-Italian PhrasebookAttached filephrasebookruit.zip(44.92 KB)

Russian-French PhrasebookAttached filephrasebookrufr.zip(46,37 KB)

Russian-Bulgarian Phrasebook (4,185)
Russian-Hungarian PhraseBook (3,908)
Russian-Greek Phrasebook (4,062)
Russian indonesian phrasebook (3,265)
Russian-Latvian Phrasebook (4,092)
Russian-Lithuanian Phrasebook (4,224)
Russian-Malaysian Phrasebook (4,074)
Russian-Polish Phrasebook (4,351)
Russian-Portuguese Phrasebook (4,206)
Russian-Thai Phrasebook (4,221)
Russian-Turkish Phrasebook (4,058)
Russian-Ukrainian Phrasebook (4,235)
Russian-Finnish Phrasebook (3,963)
Russian-Croatian PhraseBook (4,092)
Russian-Czech Phrasebook (3,624)
Russian-Swedish Phrasebook (3,305)
Russian-Estonian Phrasebook (3,726)

ENCYCLOPEDIC, EXCLUSIVE AND REFERENCE DICTIONARIES
Great Soviet Encyclopedia (50,983,179)
Large modern explanatory dictionary of the Russian language (Explanatory)(6.79 MB)
Great Encyclopedic Dictionary (8,696,321)
Encyclopedic dictionary Brockhaus and Efron (73,307,934)
Dahl Dictionary (8,838,577)
Explanatory Dictionary Ushakov (5,167,751)
Dictionary of Ozhegov and Shvedovoy (2,718,758)
Explanatory Dictionary of the Living Great Russian Language (6,506,822)
Dictionary of synonyms of the Russian language (81,149)
The complete accentuated paradigm according to A. A. Zaliznyak (dictionary of accents and endings)(6.97 Mb)
Populated points and indices of Russia (680,149)
Large legal dictionary (692,910)
Concise Biographical Dictionary (6,654,679)
Concise Religious Dictionary (74,663)
Dictionary of Church Terms (53,135)
The book is about tasty and healthy food. Sivolap I.K. 1954 (242,721)
Biological dictionary (75,218)
Geological dictionary (31,793)
Computer dictionary (326,662)
Medical Dictionary (1,779,885)
Medical English-Russian Dictionary(1.96 megabytes)
Medical Russian-English Dictionary(2.33 megabytes)
Medical English-Russian abbreviations dictionary(929 bytes)
Thoughts and phrases (27,337)
Newest Philosophical Dictionary(2.55 MB)
Financial Dictionary (262,293)
Theosophical Dictionary (339,159)
Economic Dictionary of Terms(690 kb)
Etymological dictionary of the Russian language by Max Vassmer (1,946,492)
Ethnographic dictionary (35,451)

A set of ready-made dictionaries with voice acting

I connected to the purchased Dictionary Universal dictionaries withrutracker.orgWith voice acting everything works.

A set of dictionaries converted with Lingvо13

http://upload.com.ua/get/900543884(303.93MB)
For those who want to collect dictionaries from Lingvo formats on their own, I recommend readingwith this article (Lingvo Tools). There, for example, Androids ColorDict is taken, but all this is also suitable for our dictionary shells.
(remember that the rights to them belong to the Lingvo, therefore, for reference only)

dictionary universal v. 3.0

Attached files
DiUn_V3.0.ipa(330.3 KB)

Berser @ 03.11.2011, 14:26*
Guru, version 1.2.6

Attached files
GuruDic_v1.2.6_dangkhoivt.ipa(558.82 KB)

Ryber @ 07/02/2011, 10:11 PM*
Ready to use Dictionary Universal v. 4.0
We use on health!
Dictionary_v4.0.ipa.zip(478.8 KB)

Post has been editeddirectorgeneral - 19.07.15, 19:43
Reason for editing: added
Kishkodav
Message#2
19.02.10, 11:40
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 387
Check in: 08.05.08
Highscreen Boost 3 Pro

This is a valid program, be sure to put.

How does she eat big files?

stilllinkto various dictionaries and encyclopedias for StarDict.
Choose stardict format in combo box

By the way, berk_bear, after unarchiving * .tar.bz2 in the folder, a file with the extension * .dict.dz, do not you need to unzip it again, or does iStardict understand this archive?

Post has been editedKishkodav - 19.02.10, 11:43
berk_bear
Message#3
19.02.10, 11:56
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 475
Apple iPhone 4

Kishkodav @ 19.2.10, 10:40*
How does she eat big files?

So far the largest thing that has been flooded is English-Russian (30 MB is in the archive!), It works fine (the first time, after uploading, it flew out, however, at the start, it started normally from the second launch and did not crash anymore). I want to try with the Great Soviet Encyclopedia, accomplish your goal. :)

Kishkodav @ 19.2.10, 10:40*
By the way, berk_bear, after unarchiving * .tar.bz2 in the folder, a file with the extension * .dict.dz, do not you need to unzip it again, or does iStardict understand this archive?

Understands, it is not necessary to unpack it. AT)

p.s .: I thank for the link, I will add to the cap. By the way, do dictionaries from there work normally?

Post has been editedberk_bear - 19.02.10, 13:57

--------------------
Apple iPhone 4, iPad 2, Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1
were previously: Nokia E61, HTC x7510 Advanage, Fujitsu-Siemens LOOX N560, PalmOne Treo 650, HP iPAQ rz1710, Nokia E50, iPhone 2G, iPhone 3GS
Kishkodav
Message#4
19.02.10, 16:07
Local
[offline]

Messages 387
Check in: 08.05.08
Highscreen Boost 3 Pro

berk_bear @ 19.2.10, 11:56*
p.s .: ... By the way, do dictionaries from there work normally?

What I tried to put on WeDict works fine!
Unfortunately, as in iStarDict, I cannot try it; theoretically, there shouldn't be any problems.
If you choose Russian in two "languages", encyclopedias will be available.
-deemON-
Message#5
19.02.10, 17:10
Guru
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 7107
Check in: 27.11.06
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 6/128

M
berk_bearappointed curator

Post has been edited-deemON- - 19.02.10, 17:11
bank
Message#6
19.02.10, 21:08
Guru
[offline]

Messages 3232
Check in: 09.03.08

Great program!
I liked more than WeDict.
berk_bear
Message#7
20.02.10, 23:49
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 475
Apple iPhone 4

Just tried the Great Soviet Encyclopedia - works great! And this is in conjunction with other dictionaries. :)

--------------------
were previously: Nokia E61, HTC x7510 Advanage, Fujitsu-Siemens LOOX N560, PalmOne Treo 650, HP iPAQ rz1710, Nokia E50, iPhone 2G, iPhone 3GS
AlexSWM
Message#8
21.02.10, 00:54
Local
[offline]

Messages 314
Check in: 30.07.07
Oneplus two

Chota, this stardek takes off from me ... As soon as I try to enter urla, it immediately falls into homescreen :(
berk_bear
Message#9
21.02.10, 02:21
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 475
Apple iPhone 4

AlexSWM @ 20.2.10, 23:54*
As soon as I try to enter urla, it immediately falls into homescreen

Just checked, really, if you type the url for a direct installation from the Internet - crashes when typing. I hope the bug will be corrected when the program is updated.

I upload dictionaries via Wi Fi from my computer, or I just drop a lot of letters and letters on the "\ private \ var \ mobile \ Applications \" (look for the one inside which will be iStarDictL.app) \ Documents \ "(this is even more reliable ;))

Post has been editedberk_bear - 21.02.10, 02:24

--------------------
plokhish
Message#10
11.03.10, 08:17
Local
[offline]

Messages 112
Check in: 17.08.06
Elephone P8000

people, I ask for help.
updated to version 1.1 and stopped running the dictionary. No one left old (version 1.0)?
Amantai
Message#11
11.03.10, 09:08
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 736
Check in: 07.08.09

plokhish @ 11.3.10, 11:17*
No one left old (version 1.0)?

Here lies:http://code.google.com/p/istardict/downloads/list

--------------------
Huawei mate 9
berk_bear
Message#12
12.03.10, 01:17
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 475
Apple iPhone 4

Plokhish @ 11.3.2010, 7:17*
people, I ask for help.
updated to version 1.1 and stopped running the dictionary. No one left old (version 1.0)?

Just updated to 1.1 (updated directly from iphone via wi-fi), everything works fine. Try to just restart the device or reinstall the program.

--------------------
berk_bear
Message#13
13.03.10, 23:48
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 475
Apple iPhone 4

The version was updated to 1.2, some bugs were fixed. Now the dictionaries are normally loaded via direct links (they used to fly out when typing the URL), also the crashes that sometimes happened when uploading via wi-fay disappeared. The program added the screen location option (i.e., you can lock the screen in a horizontal or vertical position, regardless of the position of the device).

p.s .: I fill in the topicLarge modern dictionary which translated from lingvovskogo format. The dictionary is remarkable not only for its detailed descriptions, but also an indication of stress in words, which many other explanatory dictionaries lack. :)
Attached fileExplanatoryRuRu.zip(6.79 MB)

Post has been editedberk_bear - 13.03.10, 23:59

--------------------
weks1k
Message#14
14.03.10, 22:37
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 491
Check in: 11.03.10
Oneplus 6T 8/128

my ipod 1g in this folder does not work\ private \ var \ mobile \ Applications \ many numbers and letters (look for the one inside which will be iStarDictL.app) \ Documents \

only works here\ private \ var \ mobile \ Applications \ many numbers and letters (look for the one inside which will be iStarDictL.app) \ Library \ Caches \ Dictionary \
berk_bear
Message#15
15.03.10, 09:46
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 475
Apple iPhone 4

weks1k @ 14.3.10, 21:37*
only works here \ private \ var \ mobile \ Applications \ many numbers and letters (look for the one inside which will be iStarDictL.app) \ Library \ Caches \ Dictionary \

That's right, thanks for the amendment. Indeed, dictionaries are placed here (although, oddly enough, in the first version of the program you could put them in documents). Made changes to the cap.

--------------------
plokhish
Message#16
15.03.10, 11:12
Local
[offline]

Messages 112
Check in: 17.08.06
Elephone P8000

2weks1k
so here it is where the dog was buried ... catch plus

Post has been editedplokhish - 15.03.10, 11:15
unclebay
Message#17
19.03.10, 15:56
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 1
Check in: 08.11.09

In the Appstore program no longer exists. Maybe someone will post hacked?
-deemON-
Message#18
19.03.10, 16:02
Guru
[offline]

Messages 7107
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 6/128

ansouv
Message#19
19.03.10, 22:54
Novice
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 36
Check in: 17.11.05

And how to install this deb? I join the request.
-deemON-
Message#20
19.03.10, 23:04
Guru
[offline]

Messages 7107
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 6/128

ansouv
Message#21
20.03.10, 00:13