Dell Vostro 1015 - Discussion | [notebook] We discuss this model

Rep: (308)
Technical characteristics (accurate data, but why not just write it)

Type: Entry Level
Processor: Intel Celeron M900 2.2 GHz \ Core 2 Duo T6670 2100 MHz \ Celeron T3000 1800 MHz
RAM: 2048Mb \ 3072Mb
Technology: DDR2, 800MHz
Expandability: up to 4096Mb
Hard Drive: 160Gb \ 250 Gb \ 320Gb
HDD speed: 5400 rpm
Optical drive: DVD В± RW Super Multi (Double Layer)
Screen diagonal: 15.6 matte, LED backlight
Screen Resolution: WXGA (1366x768)
Graphics: Integrated IntelВ® GMA 4500MHD
Sound: 1 speaker
Manipulator: TouchPad
Expansion Slot: ExpressCard / 34
Interfaces: USBx4, FireWire, VGA (D-Sub), LAN (RJ-45), modem (RJ-11)
Built-in digital camera (+ in-microphone): 2.0Mp
Card reader for memory cards: SD, MMS, MS, MS Pro and MS Duo
Wireless Connectivity: Wi-Fi (802.11 b / g), Bluetooth 2.0
AC adapter connector
Headphone jack
Microphone jack
Battery: Li-Ion battery 6 cell 4200 mAh
Operating system: Linux
Dimensions (W x D x H): 376x247x35 mm
Weight: 2.3 kg

Attached ImageAttached Image

The day before yesterday I became the owner of this device (I bought it for only 15900). Before that was Acer Extensa 4220. A good machine, but I wanted something newer and more lively, but not expensive: victory :. Because The budget was strictly limited, I chose between models up to 17,000. I also considered buying a netbook. Soon, however, dismissed this option. As a result, several models were selected, pieces 5-6. Some were actually twin 4220, with the exception of a newer processor. As a result, there were two models Dell Vostro 1015 and Asus K40IJ. About Asus reviews were very controversial, in one review they called the worst laptop of the year. On its side was the IceCool cooling system, a dual-core processor (true dual core), a more solid look, stereo speakers. On the Dell side there are more ports, a blue-tooth, 15 screens, a 2MP camera, a more convenient touchpad. As a result, I chose Dell. Here is a review (including video) on the Internet about himhttp://rozetka.com.ua/en/products/details/33835/index.html
I have about Celeron 900 and 2 Gb operatives the rest is the same.
And now a short review from me as a user, which pleased me that not. The first pleasant surprise was a box with a convenient carrying handle. The standard delivery set included a DELL Vostro 1015 laptop, a 6-cell lithium-ion battery, a power supply, a skinny user manual, a warranty, two disks (one with Ubuntu, the other with firewood). Two words about the adapter: it was invented by a man about beauty who had no idea in principle. The rubber clasp, which allows you to wind the cord around the adapter, comforts you. The laptop itself is built soundly, does not creak, does not crack and does not hang out.
However, here is the first drawback, however insignificant, when typing the keyboard bends, but this does not affect the performance. Klava herself was very pleased, ergonomics at a decent level. It does not have a digital block, but for me this is only a plus. The touchpad also pleased with its responsiveness, by the way it can be configured by installing drivers from Dell, along with them the program for setting is installed.
The screen has a high image brightness (the backlight is adjustable within 16 levels) and fairly large viewing angles, the color rendering level. The screen surface is matte, not glossy. After 4220, the screen is simply gorgeous. And the lid looks like a monolith at all, on Acer it sagged when pressed.
LEDs are divided into 2 groups, one consists of three indicators of Lock keys (which do not strain your eyes in the dark), the second is on the front panel on the left. About the second group in more detail. 5 indicators informing: about the operation of the computer, access to the hard drive, battery operation, wi-fi and blue-tooth enabled. They are all blue, like that. To say the least, uninformative. Moreover, the battery operation indicator works strangely, when it is connected to a power supply, it lights up, when it reaches a charge of 90% it starts to flash, at 100% it goes out (it burned green at 4220, which is much more informative). When the power is turned off, it does not light up. Some miracles. But with a low charge, he, oh miracle! - blinks red.
Wi-fi works fine, I had to tinker with bluetooth (I barely found firewood under XP). But here is a strange feature, the wireless combination Fn + F11 is called up and both are turned on, in order to disable the blue-tooth, you need to do this through a regular program. In BIOS, you can disable their inclusion at boot time, but if you disable the broomstick, then it will not work at all. By the way, about BIOS. He pleasantly surprised me with his appearance, this is not a DOS window, but a proprietary utility with its own interface (this is new to me). From it you can manage ports, indicators, and much more.
Now about the noise. Winchester (from Seagate) is not audible at all, only if the ear is attached feel light crackles. The fan is noisy, not quiet, of course, but bearable. When idle, the fan turns off. The working panel heats up slightly and only on the left side (there is a screw with a processor), on the right it does not heat up at all. Above 50 gr, the percent has not yet been heated, the screw heats up from 40 to 47. Warm air (namely warm, not hot) is blown out not from the back, but from the side, which pleases, especially when you hold the laptop on your lap.
Now about the sad sound. The speaker (it’s alone) is hidden somewhere inside the case, and the sound is frankly quiet. Twisting to the maximum does not always help. Everything will depend on the audio track of the video file. I connected headphones, the sound is juicy and without distortion.
Now about how I put Xp. Linux Ubuntu originally went, i.e. full operating system. Out of habit, he began to put Zver DVD2010. When choosing Acronis in order to format and split the disk, I came across a promise that supposedly hdd was not found. At 4220, everything rose with a bang. Fortunately, build 2010 includes a feature from Alkid. Windows with drivers is installed on the bare computer in the RAM, from it I launched Akronis, formatted and crashed the disk. Firewood was installed only on the network card, the rest had to be delivered, and I downloaded everything from the Internet, because there were older ones on the disk. The attachment has all the necessary drivers for XP, even there is a BIOS and firmware for the drive.

Attached files

Attached fileDell_1015_XPpart1.rar(54.13 MB)
Attached fileDell_1015_XPpart2.rar(31.97 MB)

Post has been editedGreymen - 28.08.11, 09:53

I read reviews about other Della, I realized that 5 indicators of the same color and an ugly adapter is their chip: D
By the way, I found a speaker, on the front panel between the card reader and the connectors under the ears there are two narrow slots, this is it.

Post has been editedGreymen - 10.02.10, 13:32

Found a solution with volume boost. Firstly, update the BIOS, and secondly, if the K-Lite and Media player Classic codecs are installed, go to the K-Lite Codec Pack menu and select Configuration. Select the ffdshow audio decoder item, check the Volume box and save. For Dell Vostro, this is a real rescue.

Post has been editedGreymen - 16.05.10, 12:04

Rep: (0)
Thank! Tips about the Beast and formatting from Alkid incredibly helped put Windows with minimal effort! Only Acronis in the new version was not found in Alkid itself - apparently the version was not new))) I just made low-level formatting (I don’t remember exactly what the utility is called) with what was in alkyd. I had to do 2 times, that is, only with the third attempt. Before that, he threw out the blue screen of death. So do not immediately throw yourself into a tantrum at the sight of BSOD))) I put the beast, before that I did not see this assembly. Special thanks to! Windows is installed and then it is offered to put all the necessary software in bulk (Nero, players, viewers, office, schmofis, etc.) Put all this bodyagi in 40 minutes - cool, I liked it! Well something screwed essno))) Firewood at once everyone stood up, the camera is really quite impressive for such a device! Thanks again!

Post has been editedpadnyaend - 26.04.10, 16:12

padnyaend found out that supposedly the lack of a hard drive is a Acronis glitch, it has incompatibility with equipment. And I sinned on Dell: wub:
I’ll add about the camera that its potential is not revealed in Skype, the picture is not so hot even with a good channel. But in programs specialized for using webcams, things look different.

Post has been editedGreymen - 16.05.10, 13:42

Rep: (3)
How to make an indication on the monitor when using Fn + (volume, etc.)

SBoa, no way. Only if there is software that implements this. I did not have an indication on the previous laptop either.

Rep: (382)
Hello! I bought this laptop from Greymen (a). Everything suits but didn’t figure out how to use the “wheel” on the touchpad. I kind of drive, and the beech - 0 attention. Tell me what to do pliz! What is the reason?

Rep: (1044)
Yod @ 21.6.10, 21:14*
Everything suits but didn’t figure out how to use the “wheel” on the touchpad.
You need to go into the touchpad properties and see :)
Control Panel ->mouse. There is already a tab in addition ...
It also depends on the touchpad driver itself. There are scrolling, there are without.

mgeee
Yes, thanks, but I didn’t find anything there. It seems that the wrong driver. Do you know where to get the wheel? I have a plus.

Rep: (1946)
yod
but. There is a hat
Greymen @ 9.2.10, 16:11*
The attachment has all the necessary drivers for XP, even there is a BIOS and firmware for the drive.

b. download on offsets:support.euro.dell.com

Post has been editedpasha_550 - 22.06.10, 08:08

Pasha_550 @ 22.6.10, 6:37*
for XP

Yod @ 21.6.10, 22:20*
Dell Vostro 1015Win.7

but on offsite - downloaded. Catch +!

Post has been editedyod - 22.06.10, 11:21

and where to find firewood on touchpad under Win7.on of.sayte only under XP and Vista, which do not fit

Post has been editedalexandr1311 - 23.06.10, 22:05

Rep: (1946)
Alexandr1311 @ 23.6.10, 23:01*
on of.sayte only under XP and Vista

I think you're confusing something ...
support.euro.dell.com
Compatibility
Operating Systems

Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit
Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit

Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit
Microsoft Windows Vista 64-bit
Microsoft Windows XP

pasha_550 No no. There is one caveat. It is suitable for the seven, but it does not start on it.
alexandr1311, I went through this. Download firewood from here: http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downl...p;fileid=332739 Then you click on the downloaded application and it will be unzipped (by default on C: \ DELL \ DRIVERS \ R148017) then it will give an error (it is impossible to launch the application under this blah-blah-blah system) You go to the address C: \ DELL \ DRIVERS \ R148017 in vi32 or vi64 (vi32 for 32 bit Windows, vi64 for 64 bit Windows, you go to the folder in accordance with your Windows ) and in this folder You find the application that did not work for you (the name was in the error I was talking about) right mouse button: compatibility properties Run the program in compatibility mode with: jackdaw stands and choose below Windows vista . Apply-OK. Now in C: \ DELL \ DRIVERS \ R148017 and run setup.exe. The driver is installed, restarting the computer dell folder from drive C can be deleted. Good luck
P.S. To find out what kind of Windows you need in the start-up control panel-system. Look in the type of system.

Post has been editedyod - 24.06.10, 13:53

The people, help please take drivers for Windows 7, it is necessary to reinstall.

yod, here http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downl...anConsent=False
Although the majority of the seven itself will deliver.

Post has been editedGreymen - 25.06.10, 16:37

Guys please tell me. We have the same laptop for sale in Expert, I want to take it for work. But there are a couple BUT ....
- Firstly, the consultants told me that the laptop is clean and you have to install the system yourself.
- Secondly, there is no firewood in the kit, you have to download from the Internet.
It really guarded me !!!!
But the price attracts for its characteristics, only 15,000
What do you advise????? ;)

Uncle Cousin I don’t know what kind of consultants there, but actually he’s not going clean, but with Ubunta. Which I demolished and installed XP, since there is no problem rearranging the OS: yes2: I put the firewood for XP in the subject, for 7 I need to download it from offsite, although it recognizes some of the equipment. Again: what are the difficulties? What is alarming? : rolleyes:

But it is alarming that in a large department store they sell clean laptops, without a system and firewood (maybe some left) !!!!!!!!!
To put all this junk, of course, there are no problems, since it’s not my first year

Uncle Cousin I had 2 disks in the set: with Ubuntu and firewood under XP, and the disk with firewood was launched only on the laptop. But they still were not needed. In general, some of the laptops (others) are sold clean, while DOS is written in the specifications.
Uncle Cousin @ 25.7.10, 11:47*
(maybe some left

If there is a PCT blotch, then everything is ok.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/31/19, 9:08 p.m.