> Attention!

Attention!All questions not related to the discussion of programs, please ask in the subject.Ambulance for beginners!.

IN THIS SECTION ONLY THE PROGRAM CATALOG! CREATING THOSE QUESTIONS IS FORBIDDEN!PROGRAM SEARCH ISHERE.

Program Localization | discussion of techniques and methods of translating programs into their native language

Rep: (997)
Localization of programs

Ready solutions, requests for transfer, see. Works of participantssavagemessiahzine.com

Lately, to me in PM, as a local interpreter, questions from novice authors began to come in concerning the problems of translating applications 4 pda. In something I can help you figure out something I don’t know myself ...
I conceived this topic to exchange experience on the localization of programs, in which, I hope, both experienced translators and beginners will take part ...

As useful information is accumulated, the topic header will also develop, where I plan to form links to posts of our authors on various topics.

So, let's begin? : yes2:

The first steps:
Microsoft Language Portal - Search terms
ArticleLocalization of programs for Windows Mobile author vadim_bogaiskov
ArticleApplication localization author en-trance
Translation programTranstring author en-trance
Professional tool for application localizationRadialix 2
Attached Image

Special offer from Radialix Software - Professional tool for localizing Radialix 2 applications - for free
savagemessiahzine.com together with the company Radialix Software holds a special promotion - Professional tool for localization of applications Radialix 2 - for free .

Purpose of the action
  • Attract user attention to the possibility of localizing software.
  • To help people involved in non-commercial software localization to legally use a professional tool for solving these problems - Radialix 2.
  • Support the projectLocalization of programson our forum.

You can get a license for Radialix 2 for free, subject to only three conditions:
  • Non-commercial use of Radialix 2.
  • You must be a member of the forum.savagemessiahzine.com, be in the group "Active users", "Friendsavagemessiahzine.com" or higher.
  • Post on the forumsavagemessiahzine.comown localization of the application for PDA.

What to do to get a license?
  • You must send a letter to[email protected] indicating the forum loginsavagemessiahzine.com, your name and surname and links to the post with the localization of the program.

* A license is granted for one user with no limit on the duration of the program and its possibilities.
** In some cases, a license may be refused (for example, if the conditions of a previously issued license are violated).

Date
  • The deadline for the promotion is May 31, 2010.

Post has been editedvadim_bogaiskov - 05.03.10, 20:52

Rep: (423)
ddk1972 @ 18.1.10, 18:07*
1) On English firmware, SamsungToday works EVERYTHING and without any complaints.
On Russian firmware, my Russian cab works, except for assigning programs to the Programs \ shortcuts tab (there the ShortcutWidget.exe program should run when you select programs, It also starts to configure programs on a fully working SamsungWidgetPlus) Ie. something prevents this program from running on SamsungToday.

We found a solution in our topic!
It was necessary to rename the longest label name in win \ Main menu \ program
we have this "remote desktop mobile"
I renamed the "remote PC" and it all worked!
Vadim, how is this related ????? only korean god knows! -))))
After all, the same garbage (in the sense of ShortcutPicker.exe) starts perfectly when selecting labels from WidgetPlus!

ddk1972
I can only guess.
Memory allocation for storing variable names is not correctly spelled out in ShortcutWidget.exe. A fixed size (what?) Is given, and an error occurs while reading. This "on the knee" is not fixable, it is necessary to write to the author. As an experiment, try on the "native" English version (where everything has always worked) to rename a shortcut to something long ....

Rep: (423)
vadim_bogaiskov @ 24.1.10, 10:01*
This "on the knee" is not fixable, it is necessary to write to the author.

The author is Samsung Corporation! -)))

Began to write an articleLocalization of programs for Windows Mobile (I do not know, whether I will finish?). The first, introductory part is available here: Classification of translation methods

Does it make sense to repeat here?

Post has been editedvadim_bogaiskov - 24.01.10, 17:52

Rep: (219)
vadim_bogaiskov,
I think you can attach a link in the header.

Post has been editeddron9 - 06.02.10, 13:04
Reason for editing: Revision.

Rep: (332)
vadim_bogaiskov,
Tozh wrote a small article .. It may be useful ..
Article: Application Localization
Well, the program, suddenly you will need ..
Transtring

en-trance
thanks, picked up the hat. Read with pleasure. I hope you will not feel yourself a guest here in this topic? : D

Need help with translation (not machine)
Notes: First picture: ex FirstName_LastName.gif. Supported formats: gif, jpg, png

my translation is
Notes: The image file must exist in the pictures location and must be in the format specified by: EX FirstName.gif. Supported formats: gif, jpg, png

already brains boil: o
And more such
Max Number of Ocurrences

possible original error

The first is something like this:
Note: The picture file must be in the folder for pictures and have a specific format: for example, FirstName_LastName.gif. Supported formats: gif, jpg, png

For the second, a context is needed. We are talking about the maximum number of cases (locations) ...

Rep: (1741)
dron9 @ 25.1.2010, 8:07*
Need help translating
Notes: The image file must exist in the pictures location and must be in the format specified by: EX FirstName.gif. Supported formats: gif, jpg, png

I would translate as follows:
Attention: The image file must be in the folder with pictures and have a specific format: FirstName.gif. Supported formats: gif, jpg, png

dron9 @ 25.1.2010, 8:07*
And more such
Max Number of Ocurrences

possible original error

Maximum number of occurrences (Occurrences). It's better to use “mistakes”

vadim_bogaiskov @ 25.1.10, 15:34*
For the second, a context is needed.

like that?
Attached Image

dron9,
Maximum number of occurrences (times)

Rep: (332)
possible - the maximum number of events

Rep: (0)
Helpp people can't even figure out where the dialogs are:
Attached filezenonia.cab(8.24 MB)

Rep: (2752)
danila2121 @ 3.2.2010, 16:08*
Helpp people can't even figure out where the dialogs are:

Works of participantssavagemessiahzine.com(Post # 3620614)

Colleagues,
I do not know how to translate the wordbahavior in the phrase:
A confirmation prompt is displayed for incoming connections. You can disable this prompt by choosing a defaultbahavior .

Rep: (1037)
vadim_bogaiskov @ 5.2.10, 22:49*
word bahavior

There can not be typos? Can not be here - be havior?

dmand @ 5.2.10, 23:21*
There can not be typos? Can't be here - behavior?

Maybe (the Frenchman wrote), but still the phrase does not add up. What does "default behavior" mean?

Rep: (1037)
vadim_bogaiskov @ 5.2.10, 23:34*
"default behavior"

One of the values ​​of the behavior is the mode. Is the default mode here?

Post has been editeddmand - 05.02.10, 23:50

Hmm ... And why humanly do not write mode, and what kind of mode is this?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 04/08/19 16:18