[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 213
Check in: 13.07.05
Apple iPhone X

MSI X-Slim X340

The topic discusses EVERYTHING associated with

MSI X-Slim X340 download

: accessories, software, hardware, installation and operation of ANY operating systems, practical operation experience, etc.

Attached Image

Technical description
CPU Intel®ULV 723 1.2Ghz L2 1MB/ Intel® ULVSU3500 1.4Ghz L2 3MB
operating system Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium
Chipset Intel® GS45 + ICH9M-SFF
Memory DDR2 667/800, Maximum 2 GB
LCD display 13 "TFT-LCD 1366 * 768
Graphics module and video UMA GMA 4500MHD
Audio 2 speakers
HDD 2.5 "250GB / 320GB / 500GB SATA
Webcam 1.3M
2-in-1 card reader (SD / SDHC / MMC)
Communications Built-in Gigabit Ethernet LAN and Modem
Built-in card 802.11b / g WLAN, Bluetooth, WiMax (optional)
I / O Ports D-Sub X 1, USB2.0 X 2 port
microphone input x 1
headphone output X 1
HDMI X 1
LAN X 1

Power adapter 40W
Battery 4/8 elements
Dimensions and weight 330 X 224 X 6.0 ~ 19.8 mm, ~ 1.3kg (with 4-cell battery)
Table of models for Russia:
Attached Image

TakenHERE
For reference:approximate comparison of processorsIntel® Celeron® CPU 723 @ 1.20GHz = Intel Mobile Core 2 Solo SU3300Those. There is no point in bothering about the model with the SU3500 process, especially since you don’t feel the difference in the work (taken from forums and personal observation).

Replacing parts

Personal impressions
The impressions are very positive, I did not even expect that I would be so glad, especially after installing Windows 7. Before buying, I read forums and reviews that noted shortcomings in the keyboard and touchpad. But the reviews were before the start of sales, probably the manufacturer corrected, because I did not notice such shortcomings. Lightweight, noiseless, does not heat up and is quite productive. I personally often convert video for iPhone, I work in Photoshop and Autocad. The laptop does not slow down at all and works without problems. In Vista, there are slight brakes in the case of opening Photoshop, AutoCAD and folders with photos, Opera, ICQ. In Windows 7, the laptop does not even notice this load. HD video drives normally (I tested only the movie myselfDiscovery BD-RIP 1080p on ArcSoft TotalMedia Theater- works fine). Here is a review on one of the forums:
So, we connect via HDMI to the TV Sharp 42SB55RU HD ready
image at all acceptable for TV resolutions normal
On 1360x768 perfect, then a little less smooth fonts. At work I will try on a regular monitor, DVI - HDMI adapter has already gotten
So, the player is standard, klite codecs
1360x768 resolution - 720p movies are normal
1360x768 resolution - 1080p movies are satisfactory (people in black 8Gb without a hitch, but the 5th element at the same size slows down)
1920x1080 resolution - 720p movies are normal
1920x1080 resolution - with 1080p the same situation as with 1360x768
here is the whole short test

Connected to the monitor via HDMI (via the HDMI-DVI adapter) everything is fine, the resolution is 1600x1200. And nothing ripples. NUMERAL!

For comparison: on the MacBook 13 "Leopard 10.5.7 loads a little longer than Windows 7 on the X340 - I personally compared. A similar comparison is also available on youtube -Snow Leopard vs Windows 7 (7264 beta)

MSI X-Slim X340 Reviews

Accessories for MSI X-Slim X340
External DVD +/- RW MSI X-Drive White
High-capacity battery (8 cell)
Cases and bags - from any manufacturer at your discretion (size, color, quality). I recommend from VAIO.

Mac OS on MSI X-Slim X340
Of course, this model must work on Mac OS! For trial, I installed the build of iAtkos 7 Leo 10.5.7. During installation, we note the main patches for the hack (+ Intel SATA / IDE driver) and everything rises without problems. Both on the native core from Apple, and voodoo. I did not try to install Snow Leopard, but it is also easy to install. On foreign sites they write that they install a clean installation without any firewood, then they install the beta driver 4500MHD, VoodooHDA, VoodooBattery. At the moment, the problems are only with the video driver, which does not support Quartz Extreme. WiMax did not try to start. The system works smartly, loads quickly. We are waiting for a full-fledged video driver.
MSI X-SLIM 340 - insanelymac
MSI X-SLIM 340 - applelife
MSI X-SLIM 340 - hackint0sh
Beta Video Driver for GMA4500
On Wi-Fi cards: people buy compatible with Mac OS and work quietly. Sometimes the wood gets up and on existing cards.
WiFi card Ralink 3090 on Leopard works (driver on the manufacturer's website). On Snow, Leopard no longer wants.

For general development

We write our reviews and observations.

Post has been editedkoldun - 31.07.11, 09:06
koldun
Message#2
20.01.10, 21:07
Local
[offline]

Messages 213
Apple iPhone X

Install Mac OS Leopard 10.5.7 on MSI X-Slim X340

I want to describe how I installediAtkos v7(Leopard 10.5.7)on MSI X340(I have version 041-RU).
1.I downloaded the assembly (Yandex will easily find it for you), just in case I read the forumcreators of the assembly
2.Using Disk Utility on my home Mac, I divided the 4GB flash drive into two partitions: the first partition is 60 MB, the second partition is the rest of the space. On the laptop’s hard drive, I created a separate 40GB partition and formatted it in FAT32 (important!).
3.Using the Disk Utility, I restored the downloaded dmg image to the second partition, installed it to the first partition (again in the Mac)Chameleon-2.0(RC1-r431 packed by cVad).Now everything is ready for installation.For those who do not have a Mac, you can prepare a bootable USB flash drive using the programLeopard HD install helper(see below).
4.We boot from the USB flash drive (when loading press F11, select our USB flash drive), we get to the Chameleon menu, where your computer’s disks will be displayed, as well as the second section of the USB flash drive. We choose it.
5.We get into the Leoparda installation menu, get acquainted with the hack hints, before you start installing click Customize and see:
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

6.Check the following:
  • iAtkos v7 Main System
  • Bootloader: Chameleon v2
  • / Extra dir
  • DSDT
  • Disabler
  • OHR
  • Voodoo PS / 2
  • Voodoo HDA ​​Driver
  • Laptop battery
  • NTFS-3G
  • Russian language
  • Post-install action

Click OK. Install

7.After installation, it will offer to reboot, click reboot, an error will come out and hang tight. Not scary. Just hold the power button for a few seconds and reboot.
Everything. The system starts to boot. Create an account, etc. We get to the desktop.
8.Hold FN and press F9. The bluetooth will turn on, the icon will appear in the upper right, click it and turn it off.
If any problems arose (for example, the system does not boot or takes too long or something like that), then load the system with the -v switch (in Chameleon, select the disk with Leopard, type-v- will appear below) and look at the download logs, unsubscribe here, and even betterHERE

There is currently no Wi-Fi / WiMax driver!Driver development is underwayHERE
Driver for videoatalpha versions, can only raise the resolution from the standard 1024x768. Although the resolution can be raised in several ways (method 1, method 2, method 3- Post # 48). Everyone rolls a different way, try it.
In general, we have an MSI X340 with installed Mac OS Leopard 10.5.7 with a native kernel, withoutQuartz extreme(no hardware video acceleration) and withoutWi-Fi / WiMax.
Next, I installed the keksts (drivers) for the mouse, battery and sound in the EXTRA folder of the Chameleon bootloader.You can upgrade to 10.5.8 directly from Apple servers, no problems.

Leopard HD install helper
Similar instructions with this program and not only. And here too!If something else worries, Yandex will help you :)

For general development

I work only with text (Word, Exel, FB Editor, Internet) and a bit in Photoshop. There is plenty of such a system for these purposes. Do not look at high-resolution video for sure, but standard in average quality is quite. To do this, just download the playerVLC 0.8.0(this particular version!), as well as Perian codecs. Good luck

Post has been editedkoldun - 20.01.10, 21:19
koldun
Message#3
21.01.10, 10:06
Local
[offline]

Messages 213
Apple iPhone X

I'm trying to put Snow Leopard.
viktor72
Message#4
09.02.10, 02:11
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 24
Check in: 15.10.08

koldun,Well, how is success in
I'm trying to put Snow Leopard.
!? I am also a happy owner of the X340, but not a very experienced hacker yet, I started Deneb10.5.8 light on the asus F5Z), there is also a problem with Wi-Fi - 5007 card (I did not start the video either (
I will try to set Snow_Leopard_10.6.1-10.6.2_SSE2_SSE3_Intel_AMD_by_Hazard on the X340

--------------------
boga-moto.blogspot.com
simins
Message#5
09.02.10, 02:42
Local
[offline]

Messages 178
Check in: 29.05.06
Samsung WiTu SGH-i900

and what kind of modem is in it? 3G or wired?

--------------------

PDA: i900DXIA2 / DZIA1 PHONE: i900PUHJ2; Loox C550; A0751h-52BGk; Eee pc 4g
koldun
Message#6
09.02.10, 20:34
Local
[offline]

Messages 213
Apple iPhone X

simins3G modem. but not everyone has a modem, the configuration is very different.
viktor72, I put Snow Leopard, updated the app from the site to 10.6.2. All the rules, but no Quartz Extreme, Wi-Fi, WiMax. I put it like this:
from Leopard 10.5.8 I restored the Snow Leopard installation DVD image to a local drive, then there I replaced OSInstall.mpkg with OSInstall.mpkg for MBR and started the installation directly from under Leopard 10.5.8. The system was installed, put the Chameleon with the necessary keksami. That's all:)
The other day I installed Ubuntu 9.10. I was just shocked by the system - I completely configured everything on Mac OS - even Expose is! Flies, no brakes and firewood on all devices got up. What I liked more is that any setting or installation of something on the Internet is described in the "noob" style, i.e. just stupidly in the Terminal you copy commands and everything stands up with a bang! I did not expect such simplicity, lightness, speed and superinterface from Linux.
We look

Attention - lags in the video due to the program recording the desktop !!! In real life they are not there, everything flies!
viktor72
Message#7
10.02.10, 00:00
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 24

koldun,On asus I also put ubuntu 9.10 - I liked it! and everything picked up and updated itself and worked perfectly!
BUT...!!!!!! really want to run hackintosh;)
X340 - just put Deneb 10.5.8 - I'll try to configure it to start it: blush:

--------------------
boga-moto.blogspot.com
sagitar
Message#8
11.02.10, 03:33
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 2
Check in: 17.06.09
HTC Touch Diamond2

Well, finally I found a forum about xslim!

The laptop loads Windows 5 minutes! In this case, it does not matter whist or seven. An iridescent Windows icon (or a running progress bar in the case of Vista) appears on the screen and so 4 minutes pass. The disk does not rustle, nothing happens, just a logo. After that, HDD starts to rustle and Windows quickly loads. Now I will try to install the hackintosh, see what happens to him. Koldun thanks for the manual.

Who had the thread? Advise pliz something, thanks in advance.
koldun
Message#9
11.02.10, 15:25
Local
[offline]

Messages 213
Apple iPhone X

sagitar, my laptop loads Windows for less than a minute for sure! You have something with the system. See what hangs at startup. What antivirus can mow?
sagitar
Message#10
11.02.10, 15:38
a guest
[offline]

Messages 2
Check in: 17.06.09
HTC Touch Diamond2

I do not think that this is due to autoload, since it starts only after the entire Windows kernel has started. it seems that the computer "forgets" to turn on hdd, and after 5 minutes it recalls. Koldun, you did not update the BIOS? What is your processor? I have 2 solo core.
koldun
Message#11
12.02.10, 11:51
Local
[offline]

Messages 213
Apple iPhone X

sagitar, I did not update the BIOS, I have Celeron ULV 723 percent. Have you tried resetting the BIOS to default?
See the system boot log in the event log (Computer Management)
viktor72
Message#12
13.02.10, 00:20
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 24

Koldun @ 11.2.10, 15:25*
My laptop loads Windows for less than a minute for sure!

one hundred percent! ;)
Found a BIOS on our x340 - January !!! but something so far scary to update: blush:

--------------------
boga-moto.blogspot.com
koldun
Message#13
13.02.10, 11:48
Local
[offline]

Messages 213
Apple iPhone X

It’s never worth updating the BIOS just like that - everyone should know this!
It should be updated only in cases:
  1. If the manufacturer recommends - correction of critical errors such as preventing overheating, when the previous BIOS did a poor job of this, etc. But, as a rule, the manufacturer rarely recommends an update.
  2. If your laptop is really buggy and there is a real suspicion of a glitch or lack of BIOS (first you should try everything - utilities, Windows tools, etc.)
  3. If the BIOS update brings all the innovations you need (for example, it supports faster memory opera modules, or it activates virtualization, etc.)

Now on my laptop there is a bios that can be updated. I’m not even going to do it, because everything works so well and there are no urgent recommendations for updating from the manufacturer.

Post has been editedkoldun - 13.02.10, 11:50
animeman
Message#14
23.02.10, 01:58
Local
[offline]

Messages 195
Check in: 30.03.09
Apple iPhone 4

So I think to take it or not ... what do you say people? is it worth it? I will not regret it?
I then need it for an Internet, Photoshop, films, well, a little3d's maxandc.s 1.6
Will he pull it all? I will be grateful for the feedback:savagemessiahzine.com:

It pulls me in appearance so in general

Post has been editedanimeman - 23.02.10, 01:59

--------------------

iPod Touch 4 8Gb
MSI X340
koldun
Message#15
23.02.10, 22:36
Local
[offline]

Messages 213
Apple iPhone X

Everything will easily pull. Only now I have not tried 3d's max. And I think that 3ds max needs a more powerful laptop: both the processor and the video card. You can run it without problems, but when working with complex models, there may be brakes due to the processor. Although I could be wrong :)
Compare.
Autodesk 3D Studio Max 2010 Requirements:
Autodesk® 3ds Max® 2010 requires one of the following 32-bit or 64-bit operating systems to install and operate:
Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional (SP2 or later).
Microsoft® Windows® Vista (Business, Premium, or Ultimate).
Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional x64.
Microsoft® Windows® Vista 64 bit (Business, Premium, or Ultimate).
Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 6 or later.
3ds Max 2010 requires the following additional software:
DirectX® 9.0c * (required for operation), OpenGL® (optional).
* Some features of 3ds Max 2010 are only available when the graphics hardware supports Shader Model 3.0 (Pixel Shader and Vertex Shader 3.0). For information on whether a particular device supports Shader Model 3.0, contact its manufacturer.
The minimum requirements for the 32-bit version of 3ds Max 2010 are met by a computer with the following configuration:
- Intel Pentium® 4 processor or higher, AMD Athlon® 64 or higher, or AMD Opteron® processor.
- 1 GB of RAM (2 GB recommended).
- 1 GB in the swap file (2 GB recommended).
- A graphics adapter with 128 MB of memory or more that supports Direct3D 10, Direct3D 9 or OpenGL.
- Three-button mouse with a driver.
- 2 GB of hard disk space.
- DVD-ROM drive.

Features of the Intel x4500MHD graphics system:

Feedback about working in Maya or 3ds:
http://pcgamingcorner.com/wordpress/?p=820
Maya or 3ds will run just fine, or at least the initial wireframe and modeling part of it. Should export a high definition animation, you computer may have trouble playing it back. New versions of these programs will likely take advantage of you GPUs processing power. Not having one of these new GPUs would only result in slower render times because only your CPU will be doing the rendering. It would seem that the rest of your system easily meets the requirements for either of those programs.

Post has been editedkoldun - 23.02.10, 22:37
animeman
Message#16
24.02.10, 01:22
Local
[offline]

Messages 195
Apple iPhone 4

Does the keyboard and buttons not make a lot of noise? read something rustling and squeezing something, or is it just little things?
What about the brakes? often feeds him?

--------------------

iPod Touch 4 8Gb
MSI X340
koldun
Message#17
24.02.10, 08:19
Local
[offline]

Messages 213
Apple iPhone X

There are no brakes at all. I only about 3ds MAX assume their presence. It does not make noise for me, it works quietly. Selling? I read about it on foreign sites, even plates are inserted. I myself did not notice this. And in general it seemed to me that some maniacs wrote it - is it really that he bends with them? Either I, the average user, is blind, or they are too picky.
Take it in the cabin and print on your lap. Launch a word or pdf with a large weight and open, leaf through. See for yourself how the machine works.
animeman
Message#18
24.02.10, 12:42
Local
[offline]

Messages 195
Apple iPhone 4

I’ll surely do it, how can I do without it) in general, everything, I will take it! : yes2:

--------------------

iPod Touch 4 8Gb
MSI X340
Tukato
Message#19
05.03.10, 15:22
a guest
[offline]

Messages 3
Check in: 07.11.07

Friends, do not tell me where you can buy a high-capacity battery for it, Moscow.
koldun
Message#20
05.03.10, 19:39
Local
[offline]

Messages 213
Apple iPhone X

juo
Message#21
09.03.10, 19:56
a guest
[offline]

Messages 4
Check in: 26.02.10
HTC Hero

Did not anyone try to reinstall Windows XP on it using a flash drive? I probably didn’t write the answers, for I tried a bunch of ways to create a bootable USB flash drive and a couple of images and Windows disks. Installation starts, I select the format section, and then after restarting the laptop for further installation the message “it is impossible to continue installation due to many system errors ....” Vista demolished and put not what I can not))))) how to fight? Right now there’s absolutely no way to buy an external DVD rum
MSI

8 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 06/14/19, 03:49 AM