> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

[PSP] Buying Sony PlayStation Portable (new and used) | where and what console should I buy?

Rep: (908)
We help with the selection and purchase of PSP
Do not be lazy to specify links to stores where you plan to buy. We will not count for advertising, but we will try to see and evaluate.

Guide on topics:
  • Still not bought, just looking at you? That's right, writein this thread !
  • I chose something, but the model is not clear? Read hatcustom firmware!
  • Already bought, is it time to flash? You go there:custom ("pirated") firmware!
  • Bought and flashed, but still have questions? Here isappropriate place!

General tips:
  • As with any other device, we view the screen for the presence of dead and lazy pixels. For this, a perfect selection of images 480x272 (console screen resolution) colors white / black / red / blue / green. Images must be in BMP or PNG format, i.e. without compression or with lossless compression.
    Ready archive (unpack to the root of the memory card):Attached filePICTURE.7z(663 bytes)

• The entire PSP line, with the exception of the PSPgo (in the form of a slider), has no internal memory. Quite, even under conservation. Expect to take a flash drive right away! Flash drives are called MemoryStick DUO. Are quite expensive, proven firms: SONY, SanDisk, Lexar. Beware of fakes!
    Instructions for determining the originality of the card
    • Highlight the memory card in the console menu and press the triangle button.
      Then, select the "Details" menu item and confirm your decision by pressing the "cross".
      Attached Image
    • Pay attention to the item "MagicGate."
      If it says "Supported by"- cardoriginal.
      Anyothervalue means that the cardfake.
      Adapters also do not have MagicGate support, keep in mind.
      Attached Image

However, there is a way. Good Chinese released adapter for one or even two MicroSD card slot for MemoryStick DUO. This design is very stable and allows you to insert up to two cards of 32 GB, for example. Work 2 * 200 GB is also checked (and this is not the limit). Adapters are brittle, because they should not be frequently removed from the card reader console - connect via USB. A fun fact: Chinese often MemoryStick DUO cards are just such an adapter in a monolithic body =)
    What does an adapter for one and two MicroSD look like?
    Attached Image

Attached Image

By the way, it is also possible to install a memory card in the PSPgo. They are called MemoryStick Micro or M2, no fakes are noticed, the maximum capacity is 16 gigabytes. Or disassemble the console and solder the slot / adapter for MicroSD, will also work.

• Firmware version and model is not important! It doesn't matter if you are going to use only licensed disks, or recklessly “pirate” images from the Internet - any console with absolutely any firmware is suitable for this (provided it works, of course). Do not be fooled by deceitful sellers. Instructions for installing custom ("pirated") firmware is on this link .

• Speaking of notation. The last digit indicates the region where the system is delivered officially. For example, PSP-3006 sold in Russia is a gray import.The region is absolutely not important! Inside everyone has the same hardware and all languages ​​are available. In Asian models, the default setting is the O choice / X return, the inverse of the usual European X choice / O return. The layout is changed with the help of custom firmware in one click inside the custom settings. The list of regions is as follows:
    • Japan - 0
    • America / North America - 1
    • Europe, Africa and countries of the East - 4
    • Korea - 5
    • United Kingdom and United Kingdom - 3
    • Mexico and Latin America - 10
    • Australia and New Zealand - 2
    • Hong Kong and Singapore - 6
    • Taiwan - 7
    • Russia - 8
    • China - 9

Greentext - regions officially imported into Russia,redText - for certain known with Asian layout.

Used tips:
Console production stopped in 2014. Finding a new one makes sense only in the collection on the shelf.
  • The weakest point of the console is the analog mini-joystick. It is advisable to check that it worked clearly, i.e. there was no "sticking". Checked in any game in which it is used, or byKey [s] Tester programs, which can be run even on the official firmware.

• If possible, you should check the operation of the UMD-drive and Wi-Fi. When the drive is not working at the console there are "blunts". Wi-Fi is checked by trying to connect to an open network in some cafe (or just distribute from the phone). Closed network with WPA encryption2 the console does not understand! Also, when entering the menu item "Game ->A joint game "should not be errors (specifically," Connection Error (80410702) "). The problem with Wi-Fi, most likely, can be fixed.

• The charger / power supply to the PSP goes pin (for candy bars) or a kind of flat (for the slider PSPgo). Younecessarily need to have it! And if the pin is a normal plus and minus, which can be replaced with a Chinese Y-cord + power supply with USB output, then the PSPgo also needs a jumper on the DATA pins.
    Chinese monoblock cord
    Attached Image

Jumper circuit on contacts

For those who want to make the charger themselves: a 4.0x1.7 plug with a plus inside, a 5 volt power supply and 1.5 or more amps.

With the official firmware from MiniUSB, the console is charged only in data transfer mode. In the custom firmware through the setting in the recovery menu, you can remove the restriction on the data transfer menu, but charging will still occurONLY ONLY .

For charging in the off state, you can make a hard mode - solder the wire from the “+” MiniUSB contact to the “+” contact of the charging connector.

Fun fact: for PSPgo, you can buy a charging unit from PS Vita, and PS TV (Vita TV) to charge with a pin from PSP all-in-one PCs!

• All models, except E1000, have two speakers (stereo sound). Defective speakers may be silent or wheezing, so they should also be checked. At one time, I just created a piece of the track, which plays the first 5 seconds in one dynamics, the next 5 in the second, and the last 5 in both at once.
    Ready archive (unpack to the root of the memory card):Attached fileMUSIC.7z(229.24 KB)

• The console is powered by a rechargeable battery. In the first three models (1000/2000/3000) it quick release under the cover back-side, but in the last two (N1000 / E1000) battery terminal is connected to the motherboard - without a screwdriver and analysis is no substitute. Find new original batteries is impossible, and if you and find itself, its performance remains a big question. How he's lain in storage? .. It remains to rely on honest Chinese people, but the majority of Chinese battery still has a fake ampere-hours on his body. What to do? Take the original cost of the battery and solder to a new bank. More information about the processread on Google. leaving onlythis linkto review the types and characteristics of the batteries.

Tips for choosing from users:

The shops:
White list - good reviews

Black list - bad reviews
  • IgroRai (igroray.ru) - constant shares, which allegedly will soon end; cheating about "unbreakable" console
  • parallel-worlds.ru - the site owner has not been seen for a long time, orders are not processed and not sent

Do not forget to use the search Picture
If a forum member gave good advice that helped in solving your problem, do not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!". On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant Picture

Post has been editedRealyoti - Today, 02:46

Rep: (1372)
7zip,
20% that proshivayka, 30% of the firmware below 5.03 (ie to install virtual), and 50% that the firmware above 5.03 (ie only buy wheels) ... everything depends on the flow of goods in the store .. . if you bought hell knows when to sell and can not - then proshivayka ... and if you do not have time to deliver (snapping) - then it neproshivayka ...

Rep: (0)
Guys tell andHereworth taking and the adapter into the bargain?

P.s. everything is fine on it will be sewn, work?

Rep: (120)
7zip,
I would not recommend it. 2000 case from 3000 ...
And so it should work.

Maybe a silly question, but I have never had a PSP, and held a couple of times with friends.
So, and that the case is absolutely different or 3000th body added something that is not in the 2000th?

7zip,
Well, first of all, the change of the body itself is not good. Since this means that the psp opened.
Secondly, in 3000 I have a microphone, but 2000 is not present, but the hole it left.
Third, if they just psp been opened, there is little in it has changed.
In short, I would not buy.

Rep: (165)
plus there is still a new battery, 200x to 300x on the body ... so scared to take it, who knows what was likely the variant Frankenstein) with it))

27zip
Well Dev will be of interest on 99%, again and again, you see the basic request, if the 5.03 to the game with the stick you run
if prior to 4.01 - the proshivayka, although the option malovozmozhny

Rep: (8)
Good afternoon. Please help in buying psp.
I need to know about the firmware and different (the little things) that would not run into a coffin
Please write on the items I will buy in the dnshttp://www.dns-shop.ru/rostov/search.php?q...mp;x=33&y=5-------- not an advertisement

mulon just discussed;)
First, if you take a new 3008, I ask to bebe up to 5.03 inclusive ;) If so, it means that it is possible to put virtualku
minus virtualke - if suddenly accidentally refreshed, then you can forget about itgry with flehi (
in this regard, better to take proshivayku, but found a new hard enough, but not always it is true that it is new;) a "restored"

I actually for friends and for friends already 5 b / y units purchased, the average price of the secondary market for the state of higher good gig card and -5t.r 4 Case (all my purchases 4700, 4500, 5000, 5000, 5300 - in reality a state of almost idelno, Original memory stick on 4giga and cover)
but Buschke need to take a closer look, be sure to check it in the room, on the charge on dead pixels on the recessed light
Accordingly, if it is not, it is generally less unreal. so IMHO minus if the PSP "tuned" for tuning often ask for money anymore, though IMHO I would buy for less because they do not izvstno that there is "a young handyman" to be done with it

Post has been edited~ Cartman ~ - 21.02.10, 16:12

Rep: (8)
question but please find the 3008 4.2 (did not seem to remember) on the remaining 5.1 is better to take

p.b, piercing at least three numbers is ... such as 4.20, 5.03, 5.50, etc ... said the same TO 5.03 INCLUSIVE ... if it is below - no difference, then still have to be upgraded to 5.03 ...
Logically under "4.2" can be 4.20 and 4.02 - fits any (but I do know that there were 4.02 - 4.20 then) .... from "5.1" respectively 5.10 and 5.01, we get ... the first is not suitable, the second It fits (again 5.10 firmware was not) ...

write the correct firmware version and advise you properly

~ Cartman ~ @ 20.2.10, 16:14*
but Buschke need to take a closer look, be sure to check for dead pixels

Attached fileDP_Checker.rar(20.22 KB)

Property here to check dead pixels few pictures, throw on a memory card in the PICTURE folder

Rep: (1)
Tomorrow buy this vesch))
1350grn price, description
psp slim black 2008
5 state there are small scratches efficiency 5 +++++ stitched everything goes
A complete set of documents check box bought in ms 2 gig card charging ears yusb and waste paper.
What do you think is normal? what to look for when buying? except that in the FAQ))) it is desirable to quickly answer)

b_2008,
but of course to see if everything is working meticulously

and most importantly for the date code under Accum.Should be no higher 8B (ie 8A, 7D, 7C, etc.)
if the above. the psp is not sewn

Post has been editedgrind651 - 10.03.10, 00:15

ponyal.on said that when he bought, he ask for 200grn.Vot that is written to the system of 5.00m33-6
alias r755.igry go with the stick.
and the price is normal? is not expensive?

b_2008,
In translate rubles =)
Firmware standards, constant, though not the last, but it is the most stable

5000rubley.
Well then normal)) as well as on battery should keep? flash enough for games?

b_2008,
a couple of medium-sized or a big + small.

Hello everyone please tell me all about buying psp read so many things that confused what and how to take reviewed 3 zyz 2000, 3000, and of what the difference is the last digit of 200x and 300x? please tell me what firmware should be (well, that game came with a stick, and to put the firmware it was always (and not before spawning zyz), and then just confused ((((((: sveta:
thanks in advance!!!!!!!

Tpo9k @ 31.3.10, 23:59*
and examine 3 zyz 2000, 3000 and th

not to "flew" - only 2,000 ....

what is the difference of the last digits of 200x and 300x?

the latter figure - a region which comes console ... Russia - 8 (the old consoles and 4 were) .... with the other digits of the service center does not accept ... there are no more differences between ...

please tell me what firmware should be

to sew "nesletaemoy" firmware - up to 4.00 ... ie any 1.xx, 2.xx or 3.xx .... but there is one thing - to store a prefix find it extremely difficult ... if you are not afraid of online stores - better to make them much .... will be faster. ... links to a number of shops in this subject is ...

thanks in advance!!!!!!!

not for anything else, please;)

Post has been editedcooler.nvkz - 31.03.10, 21:56

cooler.nvkz,
Thank you very much for your answers !!!
And 2000 will be the same all the rules go out (that is, the game goes out to all zyz, and there will be such that the game will go to the current (approx. Zyz th))?

cooler.nvkz @ 31.3.10, 21:55*
to sew "nesletaemoy" firmware - up to 4.00 ... ie any 1.xx, 2.xx or 3.xx ....

Are you talking about 2000?)

Post has been editedTpo9k - 31.03.10, 23:09

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 10/03/20, 23:12