> Attention!

Attention!All questions not related to the discussion of programs, please ask in the subject.Ambulance for beginners!.

IN THIS SECTION ONLY THE PROGRAM CATALOG! CREATING THOSE QUESTIONS IS FORBIDDEN!PROGRAM SEARCH ISHERE.

The book of complaints and suggestions section Windows Mobile - program

Rep: (1877)
Dear forum userssavagemessiahzine.com!

In this topic, you can leave your complaints and job offers section.Windows Mobile - programs .

__Let's jointly try to make the section even better and more convenient for all of us. Express your opinions and wishes,concerning the work of the section, share ideas and suggestions ... and we will try to bring them to life.
__Since the title of the topic contains the word "A complaint "it means that it would be equally interesting for us to hear your opinion about what does not suit you in the section’s work and if it is in our power, try to correct it.

Links to topics that can help you with simple questions.

Forum Rulessavagemessiahzine.com ___ FAQ on a new engine ___ File download ___ We try to upload files and images to the forum.
Are you satisfied with the whole moderation ___ Appeal against incorrect actions of representatives of the administration

All posts that do not meet the above requirements and are not related to the work of the section will be considered a flood and deleted.

Post has been editedkzvs - 21.07.10, 18:49

Rep: (1740)
It will be even more convenient in the Program Catalog if the program names are sorted alphabetically.

Rep: (721)
Kamachi,
In this direction, work is underway. Thanks for the comment.

Rep: (225)
First of all, hello ..
a bit of prehistory the day before yesterday, downloading a cousin to a smartphone on a smartphone, I went to an old forum that I had known since I used smartphones on nokii and heard about 4pda only vaguely, but that's not the case, they have a list of programs for a smartphone presented here like .. quite convenient, but most of all I liked what was written opposite to the best programs.- www. *****. en Recommends , thanks to this "feature" it turned out to pick up a new software much faster ..
in fact, even before this point, I had thoughts to create polls for each direction of the programs and, after analyzing them, to single out somehow in the catalog, but since I'm a regular usersavagemessiahzine.comI don’t know how to do it, and even if I could, I wouldn’t dare to do so without discussing with the other forum members ..
in general, I propose to upgrade the program catalog like this :)
Thanks for attention

Rep: (1059)
power_active
It was discussed))) And more than once ... the whole question, what to recommend ...
There is a lot of software close in functionality ... and it differs in certain things that are extremely difficult to formulate on one line))
IMHO voting is meaningless because it is very difficult to distinguish between the competence of the voters and the frequency of updates.
Two examples:
1) Program B has been released replacing Program A. It has beautiful skins. Voting 1000 people downloaded from pictures and voted for this program. 10 people needed a similar program. They both tested and noticed that in program B, the functional is not enough for normal operation, but for half of the users it will do.
Result Program B gained 100 times more votes while functionally yielding to Program A. ... Program B. is recommended.

2) There is program A and program B program A allows you to make twice as much as B a vote is taken and a month A program has 1000 times more users than the program B. However, program A is updated every six months, and program B twice for a week ... as a result, after two months, program B caught up with the functional channel of program A, and after three months, was able to do more. But the majority are already sitting tight on program A and in three months the ratio of votes A: B was 100: 1
Result Program A gained 100 times more votes while functionally yielding to Program B ... Program A is recommended.

It is also necessary to take into account the calivarity of such comparisons and ... the subjectivity of the assessment (someone needs a joystick, some style, someone's finger orientation, and this is more important for him than the quality of the program) ...
If you can offer OBJECTIVE criteria for the BEST software .. are ready to consider your suggestions

Rep: (651)
In the catalog a number of programs are not in demand and simply outdated.
I always wondered if the number of attachments was monitored in each topic for a certain period of time, for example, half a year.
If during this period there were not only posts in the topic but also downloads - the topic can be sent to some storage room, and a link to it - to the archived section of the directory (for those who like to dig into old stuff). This will make the main directory more readable.
If there is an update or there is an interest in the program, it is easy to raise a topic.
My proposal applies to those sections where there is a large selection of programs.

I do not know,
A similar question was considered, but: First, in the Catalog, by definition, all the programs available on the forum should be presented. Secondly, it is very difficult to determine which program has the “right to life,” and which one is not useful to anyone. Not everyone has the opportunity to regularly update their devices, and, believe me, there are a large number of users working on wm 2003 on the forum who will be able to use this program as an alternative to modern software. Of course, if this or that program is not functioning - the topic is closed, but, it is necessary in the Catalog at least so that the user can find and read it at any (necessary for him) time, and not worry, why I can't do it.

To summarize, the forum is quite an extensive audience and we must take into account the interests of each. ;)

EkaterinaLg,

without numbers in the hands of this empty talk.
Let's add, if there is a technical possibility, two digits:
for attached files next to the total number of downloads - the number of downloads for the last month
on the forum next to the total number of topic views - count of views in the last month
and in a couple of months we will return to this issue.
: thank_you:

I think this info would be useful to many:

File: hzchto.CAB 999 kB
Total downloads: 1999
Last month: 0
Last download: 11/11/1911

Post has been editedI do not know - 11.11.09, 17:33
Reason for editing: added an example

I do not know,
Unfortunately, at this stage, this proposal is not appropriate. The reasons:Book of complaints and suggestions of the PocketPC section - programs (Post # 3440490)andBook of complaints and suggestions of the PocketPC section - programs (Post # 3446513).

Myppp @ 11.11.09, 21:03*
If you can offer OBJECTIVE criteria for the BEST software .. are ready to consider your suggestions

EkaterinaLg @ 11.11.09, 2:18*
the user could at any time (necessary for him) find it and read about existing problems

I do not know @ 11.11.09, 10:02*
this info would be useful to many:

I think it indirectly speaks of the best software, and about existing problems of the program

Rep: (306)
Exactly!
here I just downloaded this onehzchto.cabat1911, so it still works for me without problems, even updates to it do not come out because of its ideality;)
But seriously, the proposedI do not know the introduction will simply add some statistics, I think there will be no harm from it. Another question is if it is very difficult to technically execute, then, of course, it is not necessary to bother.

FreeDreex @ 12.11.09, 8:54*
I think there will be no harm

namely, neither good nor harm, "the end does not justify the means." Not yet. At this point I consider the discussion closed.

Rep: (1877)
EkaterinaLg @ 12.11.09, 4:01*

I do not know @ 12.11.09, 12:19*
I think it indirectly speaks of the best software, and about existing problems of the program

And in my opinion, these figures are neither about the best software nor about the existing problems. Let me give you a few examples.

1. Resco File Explorer. In my opinion the best file manager from the presented. If you vote, I definitely give my vote for him. But I downloaded it, well, for example, a year ago and the last 12 months I have not downloaded it. I use it, I repeat, I consider it to be the best, but if I make the best software rating by the number of races, my voice will not be counted for the last 12 months, as well as, I suspect, and the voices of all members registered on the forum earlier than the last month. Yes, and those forum users who have registered recently is not a fact that they will download it if they already had it at the time of registration. Ie if you believe the statistics that you propose to implement Resko will be an outsider ... but this is not so.
2. How to take into account my voice if I downloaded the program and installed it I realized that this is complete nonsense and I will never use it. But my voice with such an approach that you expect to be protected as - the best program. Look at the themes of such posts is full "downloaded, installed, tried ... nonsense, demolished." But he downloaded, the “best” counter added one.
3. How to take into account my voice if I downloaded the program not for its use, but for some specific purposes. For example, I recently downloaded Iconsoft, I am not going to use it because I think it is worse than Inesofta, I downloaded it only to disassemble the .cab and drag out the skin that I looked at. But the “best” counter clicked on the plus sign for Iconsoft and not for Inesoft, which I consider to be the best.
4. How to deal with those programs that I actively use and they are actively updated, but I don’t download these updates, because some programs do not update the functionality of the program but add support for new devices on the market from update to update. Therefore, I don’t shake them, but I consider the program useful and necessary, and my vote in the direction of "best" is not taken into account again.

Well, actually, here are just a few examples, based on which, I believe that the number of downloads of the program speaks only about the number of people who downloaded the program, and nothing more.

I downloaded it, well, for example, a year ago and the last 12 months I have not downloaded it.

There are 400,000 users on the forum - once every five years. And they call to download resko in every second topic.

I downloaded the program and installed it I realized that this is complete nonsense and I will never use it.

so that this does not happen again and the separation is needed:
power_active @ 9.11.09, 20:40*
www. *****. en Recommends

now fungi and toadstools are in the same basket, for example, section 1.42.2. :
Pocketage
and
Cube 3D Launch
РЎonduits Pocket Launcher

it only creates the illusion of a large selection. I think the latter should be in another place - some section for experimental testers. or the first one is marked with the icon: +, but since you don’t agree on it, add at least such a trifle as the number of downloads lately that will make it easier for new users: 500 downloads per month for resko and 10 for an alternative file manager will help solve the problem .

EkaterinaLg,
kzvs,
You approach the question as old experienced users, look at it from the other side - from the point of view of beginners.

Rep: (4162)
I do not know,
In my opinion, the problem is contrived.
You approach the question as old experienced users, look at it from the other side - from the point of view of beginners.

Newbies are different too. Some are looking for themselves. Trial and error. Others listen to more experienced ones and follow their advice. Finally, attendancePROGRAM SEARCH Part 3by no means small. Many users do not look for anything at all. They write in this thread: "I am looking!" Also in Personal Experience there are a lot of topics that contain opinions on the "mandatory" and "best" programs.
I see no reason to create special conveniences for those who still do not know where the Directory is located, creating at the same time an inconvenience for those who are looking for something different from the generally accepted clip of programs.

It is not necessary to change the catalog, I ask only this - an example from Ladoshek - you can bring from other sites:

Mobile Macros v1.1 Create Macros for Windows Mobile Devices
size: 167 kb

Added: 11/7/2009 Updated: 11/07/2009

file downloaded: today: 4, yesterday: 5, week: 29, month: 54, total: 54

Rep: (9)
You certainly have a good section with software, better than some, but ...

The first thing that comes to mind:
In the lists of programs by category to many there is not even the simplest description, but there are not enough of them ...!

Must be in the description (in the topic on a specific program):
-official site
- current version and release date
platform (wm 2003, ... wm 6.5, etc.)
- license / price or free
-dependencies (.Net framework, Java, ...) ... You can even in the section fix the topic by dependencies, and specifically with their description and download links
-the size
- desirable screenshot
- it is advisable to link to the download section at the office
- desirable installation features
Again, the description structure should be standardized.

with files there is a separate story in general, that you often don’t understand at all ... file names are not standardized ...

P.S. you need to keep track of topics by adding valuable information in the first post ... you need to name topics so that they are easier to find by searching

Post has been editedsanb_ - 15.11.09, 01:36

Rep: (306)
sanb_ @ 11/15/2009, 7:53*
In the lists of programs by category to many there is not even the simplest description, but there are not enough of them ...!

Probably, it means that many programs do not have a short description, only the name and all.
Well, sometimes it is difficult to fit in one line of useful information, because The functionality of the programs is different ...
For example, you can write:Air weighing program, but this is only if besides this prog nothing else is able. True, you can always add:and not onlybut obviously this is not a universal way: D

Rep: (9)
yeah
need to add a license type (in the list by category)
I, for example, first of all pay attention to free programs

Rep: (1)
The list of programs is the same links to relevant topics.

It would be nice to see
- number of pages in the relevant topic
- the date of the last update of the program in the header - what is written in italics
Last update of the program in the header 11/28/2009

It seems to me that such information will be useful, especially for a beginner.
A bad program and will not be discussed, the same is clear.

Moreover, it is not always clear for a beginner what to expect in terms of functionality from such programs in general, and there are few reviews, in this case it makes sense to read some topic where there is an active discussion.

For example, a program for accounting for finance, there are 44 of them. How to start? Watch everything? And so it is clear
Cash Organizer -45 pages
Spb Finance -19 pages
My Budget - 7 pages
and everything else - 1, rarely -2 pages
no need to waste time and traffic

Rep: (1059)
Watercolor,
Unfortunately, in the format you specified make a catalog (taking into account that there are thousands of programs and at least 2-5 thousand new posts are added every day, accordingly ALL moderators have to quit work, family and forum content, including the program catalog and deal with just bringing the catalog into a convenient form for you).
In addition, I dare to challenge your judgment that a bad program is discussed less ... IMHO if the program is clear and good, what else can it be discussed? Well, it depends on many factors, for example on the release date of the program (the program released in 2005 may be worse than the program released in 2008, but in 4 years of discussion you can write four times more than 1 year).
Regarding software updates. there is a special topicDigest software for Windows Mobilewhere all the program updates are posted weekly (including the catalog)

Post has been editedMyppp - 29.11.09, 01:09

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 04/08/19 23:52