Nokia N900 - Discussion | Nokia RX-51

Rep: (331)
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ | MMClub пїЅ
DiscussionNokia N900
Attached ImageNokia RX-51

Attached Image

• In addition to the Application Manager, look for programs / games in the sections:Programs and Games . For the N900 - without the Harmattan mark or Maemo.
  • If you do not find the answer to your question, usesearch by topic discussion. How to search?
  • Dear friends! Be mutually polite!Say "Thank you" by increasing your reputation. Picture.
  • If you don’t have 15 helpful posts,ask moderators to raise their reputationby pressing the buttonPictureunder the message of the one who helped you.

On a note:

Brief characteristics:

• Communication standards: GSM 850, GSM 900, GSM 1800, GSM 1900, UMTS 900, UMTS 1700, UMTS 2100
  • Communications: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPRS, EDGE, HSDPA, HSUPA, UMTS / WCDMA, GPS, IrDA, USB Host
  • Dimensions (mm): 59.8 x 110.9 x 18.0
  • Weight (g): 181
  • Display: 3.5 ', TFT, 800x480
  • Processor: Texas Instruments OMAP 3430, 600Mhz
  • Video accelerator: PowerVR SGX530
  • Memory: RAM - 256Mb, ROM - 32Gb + microSD cards up to 16Gb (in fact, 32Gb also work fine)
  • Camera: 5Mpix (with flash) + VGA (front)
  • Accum Capacity (mAh): 1320

Reviews:

Useful:

Post has been editedAlexxxl - 02.09.16, 12:50

Rep: (337)
djedai @ 12.26.09, 16:25*
And portrait orientation herehttp://www.n8xx.com/uploads.php?file=rotate.tar.gz(works in maemo and ubunt)

PunBB installation root directory.

djedai @ 12.26.09, 16:25*
As I understood from our dialogue, the n900 does not suit you, I advise you to stay on wm. Why do you need a Linux tablet from which you can sculpt the device for yourself.

You misunderstand, I just want to buy it, unlike you. In addition to the tablet function, I want a portrait orientation and then sculpt for myself.

Shad0w @ 12.26.09, 20:59*
The person is not satisfied with the fact that in the n900 the main horizontal mode. and this has a negative effect on ergonomics, since the n900 is already a communicator and not just a tablet.

All right said.

Djedai @ 12/27/09, 0:23*
And in the end, based on his fantasies, summed up that he does not need such a device. The guys are surprised by people who claim something they don’t know, and based on their fantasies, dogmas or philosophical speculations.

Where did I sum up? Do you have this device that you are so cruel about its functions and 100% sure about the performance and usability of applications?
I'll buy a device, it won't rust after me if anything, so if something doesn't work for me and is not usable, can I get you then ... questions? And can you give me a guarantee right away, since you are so confident in yourself?

Djedai @ 12/27/09, 0:43*
here two hired advertisers - the spy is sitting, trying to dissuade everyone from Nokia, one kind of spy seems to be from Ogryzkov, the other from Venduzyatnikov, they would not have fought among themselves, and then attacked Maemo.

This is already someone's fantasy played out in earnest, and besides it’s rude! Firstly, I absolutely don’t like the iPhone, except maybe with beautiful games, secondly I’m not a hired advertiser, and please note that I haven’t said a word about Windows and haven’t even compared it!
And finally, thirdly, I didn’t attack Maemo, but I’m just trying to find out its capabilities and what software will be available to me. So add your not healthy imagination, nobody conspires here.

Post has been editedCrazand - 27.12.09, 05:16

Rep: (111)
Shad0w @ 12/27/09, 11:53*
The stylus is good, but it's yesterday's age.

: rofl:
no words, Choose your device as needed, I do not understand what you are doing in this thread?
Buy an iPhone, there is no FireFox and there is no OpenOffice and the stylus is not needed !!!!!! (or discourage your hands so as not to put ff and openofice, and useonly Maems prog (they are just for fingers), it’s still better for you, dear opponent, to leave this branch and buy an iPhone)

Shad0w @ 12/27/09, 11:53*
You're an idiot. Learn to read.

Do not judge all by yourself. I already write in a personal as I just have enough nerves to answer your stupid questions and now still listen that you are pouring from a dirty mouth. You will learn to read, I’m 101 times writing to you (fed up) that you can use your fingers in maemo and not touch ubuntu then.
First, you defended by mouth that ubunta did not plow with ARMs, but didn’t uphold well, now you want ubunta to be finger-oriented, well, I’m writing the last time, if maemo doesn’t suit, use another DE in ubunt , XFCE, GNOME, use Maemsky HILDON! - just for fingers, and do not dare to put GTK + programs, just hack it on your nose, otherwise you will have to get a stylus, and then all the Yabloko people will point fingers at you and laugh - "look, look - this dude got a stylus, that's scream !!! :-D "

[if you want with your fingers - use maemo] or rather buy an iphone

Post has been editeddjedai - 27.12.09, 12:36

Rep: (785)
djedai Crazand, Shad0w :

4.8. Explicit and hidden rudeness, rudeness, insults are forbidden.
4.9. It is forbidden to use obscene language, both explicit and hidden, including special characters.
4.10. It is prohibited to provoke a conflict, as well as the response to provocation. If you think that you have been insulted (humiliated, otherwise violated your rights or Forum Rules), report this fact to the Moderator. He will take the necessary measures to the offender.

Post has been editedHanzo - 27.12.09, 13:07

Hanzo, where am I?

Easy Debian beta test for N900http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=34550

Nokia N900 Review from Hacker Magazine

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedKenter - 31.12.09, 00:36
Reason for editing: under spoiler

Rep: (57)
And in the editorial hacker there are idiots: lol:
These geniuses debian only for x86: rofl:

By the way, the N900 works in portrait mode.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgG6UY4nxQg...player_embedded. With the firmware in January, it will already be official.

Crazand,
It is difficult to attribute the word "works" to this glitch.
On the same YouTube there was a video with instructions on how to repeat it. For all this, the desktops remained landscape. Half of the widgets are not visible.

The main thing is to fix the bug with USSD. Although I do not care: lol: Dear infection.
http://twitpic.com/vw6os

Shad0w, Well, the least Nokia promises portrait orientation, and therefore it will bring it to mind.
USSD works by the way, via the console: D I’m on the USSD on the drum in general, my SIM card has not been known for several years what it is.
Not so expensive, if we compare it with other super devices, as compared to an iPhone, so in general: lol:

Multi-boot and install Mer0.17 on N900http://wiki.maemo.org/User:Jebba/Mer
Installing Fedora 12 on n900http://wiki.maemo.org/User:Jebba/Fedora
Also in development is Eclair Nitdroid, Android 2.0 port

The variety of OS N900 does not suffer: D

Post has been editedCrazand - 04.01.10, 15:19

Crazand,
0_o and I read somewhere that Mer is the port of Maemo 5 for the N8 **. If this is so then what for n900 to put Mer. : blink:

Rep: (111)
Doing just nefig developers here and wrote Mer, the time they have nowhere to go - gyyyy JOKE !!!
and in fact:
Mer is a new open source Linux operating system based on Ubuntu Jaunty, not a port of Maemo.

Post has been editeddjedai - 05.01.10, 01:46

I tried Fennec 1.0rc Truth on my computer. Cool stuff. True a little brake. Long loads

Rep: (664)
tell me pliz:
MP3 playback quality in headphones (with what you compare)
readability of books
usa usability

S_lavdos @ 6.1.10, 18:19*
readability of books

herehttp://maemos.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=94There is a topic of discussion FBReader, maybe it will help.

Rep: (27)
S_lavdos @ 7.1.10, 12:17*
Yes, I read, thank you. there about INSTALLATION. not inuz

Here are the impressions of its use:http://forum.maemoworld.ru/viewtopic.php?pid=2636#p2636

Posted 08/01/2010 02:00:

Shad0w @ 12/31/09, 2:59*
The main thing is to fix the bug with USSD. Although I still laugh.gif Dear infection.

there isthird-party solution through the widget.

Post has been editedkirikch - 08.01.10, 01:56

Rep: (27)
S_lavdos @ 8.1.10, 10:48*
mostly problems.

And, nevertheless, it works :)
As an alternative, onlyMGutenberg E-Book Reader, but it is generally something buggy.

Posted 08/01/2010 14:01:

S_lavdos @ 6.1.10, 21:19*
usa usability

Pidgin copes well with such a role (although I would like to be able to completely disable the display of groups).
But Simbianovsky MobileAgent is more like it.

Rep: (664)
Quarrel if not in the topic, but then at least they answer, did anyone compare the keyboard with the motor-roll droid? there are 4 rows

Rep: (32)
S_lavdos @ 10.1.10, 8:52*
Has anyone compared the keyboard with a droll motorcycle

I didn’t compare, but I want to say that the keyboard on the H900 is, let's say, a little bit ... But I quickly got used to RoverPC Q7, where the keyboard is just huge compared to the H900.

Rep: (1094)
S_lavdos,
Compare - just both devices on hand. On Nokia, Klava seems more convenient.

To All Users N900

System update available until 1.2009.44-1

Posted on 1/11/2010, 12:33 PM:

Shenogin
Yes, the Motor Claudia is also too small - but there is also a minus in the fact that the keys are smooth and even, on Nokia they have a convex shape, which is convenient when typing.

Post has been editedjunoreaktor - 11.01.10, 16:02

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/28/19, 10:51