Setting up networks, Internet access and network equipment

Rep: (1146)

Useful

I have a dynamic IP, is it possible to make it unchanged?
    You can try to use the services of dynamic DNS; at the same time, the IP will still change, but you can get to the server using its name. There are many such services in the network. In most cases, the basic solution is free.
Is there any big and smart network directory? How to distribute the Internet from the netbook on the tablet?

Post has been editedstp101 - 29.04.18, 00:44
Reason for editing: New header. Rammsteiner rule cap

Rep: (17)
On a locale and on a laptop and on a computer

Post has been editedWinterice - 16.08.07, 13:31

Rep: (297)
Mofas ,
you enter the properties of the folder you want to give access to, the access tab, then additional access, put a daw open access and press the permission button, then add, additionally, search, you find everyone in the list, then ok and again ok, put daw full access, well and then everywhere ok, access should appear. You can also disable password lock in the Network & Sharing Center.

Rep: (309)
darktemplar YES! I removed the corruption and the file-sharing worked !!!
Thank.

Only here is what to do with the Internet, it is not there yet.

Rep: (17)
with fire did not help? Look similar permissions for the Internet. I don’t remember what I did besides fire. and so there is an option to put a proxy server (though I’m not sure if it is or not for Vista)

Winterice , the fire chopped off, it did not help, I screwed on further.

Rep: (97)
specify the gateway 192.168.1.1 on xp

Death , you are super!!! Everything helped! I forgot to enter the gateway!

Rep: (26)
so I decided to buy a Wi-Fi adapter for a PC, I just don’t know which one ... which is better than PCI or USB? who can offer what, preferably not expensive

The last time I bought a USB Asus is some 80 dollars.
Everything works very much ..

Told you take ASUS.
If you want everything to be absolutely super
cisco.com to help you
In my opinion, they also do such shit

Rep: (157)
I have Linksys WMP54GS working perfectly together with a router of the same company ...

scr1pt ,
What do you want from Cisco Systems products ??? It either works or not. And no, I saw once ... And even after they poured a liter Guinness mug on the Catalyst 3550 ...

Post has been editedMissAlenka - 28.10.09, 17:50

Rep: (73)
The situation is this: I want to establish a Wi-Fi network in my apartment. But at the same time leave the computer “on a leash”, i.e. the computer will connect to the Internet through the cord, and the PDA and laptop - via WiFi. The diagram will look something like this:

Internet ---- WiFi router ----- computer via cord
|
laptop and PDA via Wi-Fi

I was told that such a situation is impossible, because the router will not be able to create two grids + Wi-Fi, that is, it will issue different IPs under different masks to the computer and the laptop. Those. the computer can also be connected only via WiFi (Internet ---- WiFi ---- all devices) (which I don’t want, because I don’t trust the radio waves, especially in my apartment :) I want the Internet to work stably even :)).

Question: is the person right who told me this about cheap routers? And in general, is it possible on any?

PS: well, I will be glad if you tell me normal devices at a reasonable price for working within 60m2 of an apartment with metal in the walls :) (GSM / 80-m Bluetooth are difficult to catch).

Rep: (101)
Fiend ,
the person is wrong, I have stuck in my dslny modem
1 server, ip phone, and TV set-top box
two laptops, a handheld with me, and three neighbors, those 6 devices on a waffle
dschny modem zuhel 662

Rep: (123)
Fiend ,
if you don’t drive unconverted films by BT, then take a 150-meter BT-dongle 2.0 + erd on the video commander and don’t worry, look at mobidick (for example, it says so).
I hope you have enough 3 megabytes of BT channel? ;)

As far as I understand, the dslny modem is a little wrong - after all, it is a modem. My fault, I did not write, the connection will be to the Internet through LAN, i.e. the situation is somewhat different.
PS: I could be wrong, I do not really shy about it.

Rep: (45)
Fiend ,
your person is wrong, everything exactly works according to your scheme, well, except that the apartment is smaller and the walls are thinner :) The ZyXEL P-330W EE router is connected to the corbine, I bought it on a socket for 1700 rubles.

Rep: (937)
Fiend ,
Almost exactly your situation. Only where you have one computer hanging on a lace do mnu 2-3-4 hang out. Took myselfNetGear WGR614 . Totally satisfied. Took somewhere for $ 50.

Outcast-d.o.b ,
There is an 80-meter BT, it doesn’t finish :( Therefore, Wi-Fi decided, it will be more powerful. The waffle is designed for slightly longer distances, so there is hope that at least it will reach the toilet: lol:
PS: thank you all, plus sign;)

Rep: (20)
3 room apartment is not small. The computer on it does not have a waffle adapter on it. in hell = hoke, the Internet gets to the laptop throughout the apartment

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/15/19, 19:11