PC Cooling - Selection and Discussion | The choice of cooling the processor, graphics cards, fans, SJO, etc.

Rep: (2708)
PC cooling

Attached Image

Attention!
  • In this topic, choose cooling for the PC:Cooler for the processor, video card, fans, DSS and everything connected with it
  • The remaining components and assemblies inrelated topics
  • Overclocking discussion in the topic:Overclocking talk

Information necessary for selection
To select a processor cooler, specify:
  • Processor model
  • Motherboard model
  • Presence / absence of overclocking
  • Case model or the required height of the cooler
  • If RAM with high radiators - mention it
  • Shop, city, budget (currency of the desired store)

To select a liquid cooling system:
  • Exact models of all components that need to be cooled.
  • Exact case model

To select a video card cooler, specify:
  • Accurate and complete video card model
  • Board and housing model for evaluating free space around the map
  • If there are any expansion cards installed right behind the card, mention it

To select a fan in the chassis or power supply
  • Exact model of the case or photos of seats for fans
  • The exact model of the power supply and a photo of the sticker from a regular fan

Useful links on the topic
General background information on the topic:
Briefly about the types of cooling systems:
How to organize cooling in a gaming computer
  1. Cooling systems - from radiator to liquid nitrogen! Part 1
  2. Cooling systems - from radiator to liquid nitrogen! Part 2

Enclosure Fans

CPU coolers:
LSS (liquid cooling systems)

For video cards

For enthusiasts

Thermal paste

Articles on the organization:

Resources for self-searching information

https://www.google.com/
Topics on the choice of components

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedSithmaul - 17.03.18, 11:49

Rep: (7)
You can probably in the oil (Any) - even in the vegetable (I saw how the TV set was put into it, waited, and all the rules were included).
I think the processor will not like it (In terms of cooling), the stick and the DVD / CD drive (If any) will choke, if not sealed (And who prevents you from covering up with silicone sealant?).

And better than the ancient comp "fossil" drown and see the effect ...

Rep: (10)
Svezhak @ 10.6.09, 17:13*
You can probably in the oil (Any) - even in the vegetable (I saw how the TV set was put into it, waited, and all the rules were included).

it’s better to fill it with specialized oil then (= in the header there is a link where they are filled with BP.

I think the processor will not like it (In terms of cooling)

I do it for cooling, why do you think you won’t like it?

the hard drive and the DVD / CD drive (if any) will choke

not, I wrote what will need to be deduced, and besides, how to use a DVD if it is drowned in oil (((=

(And who prevents to seal with silicone sealant?).

transformers used to smear them too, but for some reason they stopped, we need to find out, but nobody closes them, if it peels off from the effects of water in my bath, then I don’t trust him (=

---
I need a hint about a transparent plate, I don’t know what to look for, plastic, organic glass (I have never dealt with it at all) or something else ... it needs to be drilled strong, relatively flexible, not crack much ...

than cutting aluminum ... to be careful, I think on a drill to find a nozzle with a mill.

Post has been editedBroneg - 07.07.09, 13:06

Rep: (22)
Plexiglass definitely.
Luminium or grinder or jigsaw if curly cutting.

Rep: (552)
I like the inquisitive mind of members of the forum.
Transformer oil protects against breakdown. But not like coolant. KST transformers are insensitive to heat. At least less than comp. There will be problems with the heat sink. Plus, the author is also going to varnish. And why not immediately with construction foam? Varnish will still worsen the heat sink. Oil is a viscous liquid. The convention will be bad. Experiment. IMHO you cook a computer in oil. About luminium and grinder ... The author of the council sawed a lot of luminiums with a grinder? Aluminum will melt and clog the grinder stone. Therefore, either a jigsaw or a hacksaw for metal. It is difficult to work with plexiglass out of habit. It's hard to do well right away. Good luck to the author. Well, write what happened.

Rep: (22)
Mnu forgot to say that a diamond disc is definitely needed for a grinder. They cut it normally. There seems to be indicated lumin in the target. True, I cut the thresholds, maybe on a long length and melts.

Rep: (552)
A_lex_G @ 7.7.2009, 14:32*
Mnu forgot to say that a diamond disc is definitely needed for a grinder. They cut it normally. There seems to be indicated lumin in the target. True, I cut the thresholds, maybe on a long length and melts.
The basis of almost any diamond disk is duralumin. It is clear what can happen with prolonged cutting. IMHO a hacksaw for metal - longer, but more reliable and better.

A_lex_G @ 7.7.09, 21:13*
Plexiglass definitely.

I heard it can lose its strength under the influence of the environment. Can it be from oil? (loses strength in the sense that it cracks more)

ErlGrey64 @ 7.7.09, 22:18*
Transformer oil protects against breakdown. But not like coolant.
I was already scared and doubted my knowledge, but climbing on-net found a couple of statues:
http://rtsspb.ru/maslo.php
http://www.sbs-oil.ru/catalog-3.php?id=217&id_r=13
http://protransformatory.ru/node/27
KST transformers are insensitive to heat.

but their coils still heat up;)

Plus, the author is also going to varnish.

this is to be safe, I just don’t know what substances contained in the motherboard can oxidize the oil ..
Varnish will still worsen the heat sink.

I do not think that a thin layer of varnish will somehow affect ..
Oil is a viscous liquid. The convention will be bad.

op, I’m not thinking, I’ll install some blades for oil circulation, thanks for the help!
Therefore, either a jigsaw or a hacksaw for metal. It is difficult to work with plexiglass out of habit. It's hard to do well right away.

ErlGrey64 @ 7.7.09, 23:16*
The basis of almost any diamond disk is duralumin. It is clear what can happen with prolonged cutting. IMHO a hacksaw for metal - longer, but more reliable and better.

also good advice! hacksaw is an old, sure way (=

Good luck to the author. Well, write what happened.
thanks (= I’ll write everything and I’ll do the video (=

Post has been editedBroneg - 07.07.09, 15:23

Transformer oil protects against breakdown.

breakdown of what? the same oil may have a dielectric breakdown ...

Rep: (4)
Hello everyone! I’m doing my own ... I’ve almost completed it. The processor is already cooling down. Advise some kind of chemistry in the water!

Rep: (4)
the question is settled. use distilled water and throw silver at the bottom of the expansion tank. why can water be painted harmless to products ??

I forgot something about the topic .. in general, in the 2009th there was not enough money to complete the assembly) = the case turned out to be expensive, + argon welding ..
but then I wrote an exhaustive article on the topic: D

http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/broneg/post129284258/

the question is settled. use distilled water and throw silver at the bottom of the expansion tank. why can water be painted harmless to products ??

I don’t even advise anything (=

Rep: (134)
By the way, can you somehow reduce the speed of the cooler power supply? And then it makes a noise like a tractor.

Rep: (321)
-bender- @ 01/28/2013, 10:41 PM*
makes a noise like a tractor.

To begin with, it should be cleaned and lubricated: rolleyes:

Post has been editedWinfried - 28.01.13, 21:46

Rep: (2212)
-bender-, read . :)

Winfried @ 01/28/2013, 10:45 PM*
First, clean and grease it.

He is new, he is not even a month old.
Johnny P @ 01/28/2013, 10:47 PM*
-bender-, read.

+ flew away.
By the way, I have a fan with 2 Pin power, can I check it somehow?

Post has been edited-bender- - 28.01.13, 22:28

-bender- @ 01/28/2013, 10:50 PM*
By the way, I have a fan with 2 Pin power, can I check it somehow?

can. red to plus, black to minus. Power supply depends on the size - either 5V or 12V.

Johnny P @ 01.28.2013, 23:37*
red to plus, black to minus

Can I check on the motherboard?
Johnny P @ 01.28.2013, 23:37*
Power supply depends on size - either 5V or 12V

It says 12V.

Can I check on the motherboard?

Electrical Connectors Molex

Post has been editedJohnny P - 28.01.13, 22:52

Rep: (23)
By the way, are there owners of water cooling?)
And yes ... what are the cutouts in the dropsy case .... it’s insideI wonder ... who needs such a cooling system?

Attached images
Attached Image

Rep: (1964)
I’ll tell you a little about my experience in creating a quiet computer. My task was to build an HTPC, which I successfully dealt with. The components of success are as follows:
1. ALL Arctic cooling with PWM support (better results can be obtained using, for example, Noctua)
2. The case from Antec, a special multimedia. That is, a) noise insulation b) vibration damping gaskets between the housing elements c) vibration damping accessories for fastening screws d) throw off the regular body fans and put in place Arctic similar size fans, feed them in parallel to one connector on the motherboard
3. OS and all the necessary software on the SSD, file storage on the "green" hard drive. If only video content is stored, it makes sense to also use the AV-GP series.
4. Here I flew with the power supply - the usual one was selected, and at least a little, but audible. I did not bother, because the noise level is already extremely small
5. Mother Gigabyte, in view of the presence of its own utility Green Power, which at low temperatures inside the case can additionally slow down the case and processor fans up to a complete stop.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/12/19, 17:38