Modding your computer case | I did not see such a topic and decided to create ...

Rep: (57)
PC case modding

Attached Image

tax, let's begin! All questions concerning the modding computer ask here.
P.S. All materials are taken from the best site about computer tuning - www.modding.ru
A set of computer tuning sites
Construction Guide

Do you want to build a hull? need: straight arms, materials, money, want
Pros-if everything turns out very well, you can go to the neighbors and boast as it will be your only one in the world))
Cons-without direct hands anywhere, time is needed
Conclusion, this method is not suitable for everyone because of the need for direct hands and tools with materials, for that is the buzz that he did it himself

Buying a case, you will need: money, shops in the city
Pros, do not need to do anything, bought, set.
Minuses, we go to the neighbors, show the corps, and the neighbor tells you: “this is my friend’s friend! He’s already like 2 years old”
Conclusion-no buzz
Interesting articles

Post has been editedGloomy - 05.10.13, 11:12
Reason for editing: header

Rep: (24)
Chasing afterModding the body of your computer (Post # 2845356), for those who do not want to solder, there is a free way to get full BB monitoring.

Attached Image
Attached Image
on the picture:
C1 - loading 1 core - temperature ----- download speed
c2 - loading 2 cores - temperature ----- recoil speed
c - drive c - free space ----- mail
d - drive d
Attached fileWM_LCD_Matrix_11.zip(38.96 KB)
put on the PDA

http://lcdsmartie.sourceforge.net/index.htm- the program itself, runs on the BB.
http://lcdsmartie.sourceforge.net/shots.htm- screenshots that can

Rep: (283)
dergachoff
Curious little thing. She really knows how to display a lot.
A couple of shortcomings:
- VGA is far from full screen ...
- does not show Russian letters (their place is squares)
Here it would be possible to occupy the screen with it and display not 4 lines as much as possible, but more ... That would be the thing then: rolleyes:

Rep: (24)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItTTrkSBKHk...player_embedded
full screen mode on video. This issue is being worked out.
Russian text is displayed correctly on real lcd.$ dll (rus.dll, 1, $ WinampTitle, rus) $ dll (rus.dll, 1, check, rus) Attached filerus.dll (122 KB)

on virtual - errors. : blush:

Rep: (228)
ProSamara,
Where have you seen such huge power supplies? there is a maximum of eight.

Sometimes, in professional ones, they also expel air from the housing, and cool themselves

Rep: (106)
Dergachoff @ 9.6.09, 18:14*
My useful modding. At first there was one screen without backlight, then two.

mm, but can you give more details? Circuit diagram, controller software ...

e-ch! @ 11.8.09, 0:43*
there is a maximum of eight.

No, I have 2 PSUs on 2 computers, Chiftek and Thermalteyk, and on both 12-cm coolers)

Oh, at one time I was engaged in modding, I wanted to cut a side window in the old case, put it in plexiglass, the backlight there ... And then I changed the switch, everything went in the case in the set 9 side window, backlit coolers) + I’ve convinced myself + That is enough: D And now I saw a topic - I’m really crazy that I was wasting my time ...: D

Rep: (1407)
I’m all wondering what’s interesting to do with a laptop ... Nobody will throw ideas?

Dergachoff @ 9.6.09, 18:14*
And this is a dream. I have not found such a screen yet.

isn't that so?

Posted on 09/09/2009, 19:26:

Izmalkoff @ 9.9.09, 20:20*
what interesting can you do with a laptop ...

can -http://www.pcdesign.ru/cgi-bin/catalog.cgi?id=79&id1=100

Post has been editedfreddyhacker - 09.09.09, 19:28

This is not interesting ... I would like some additional lighting, replace the speakers (maybe solder the light music), maybe an indicator with general parameters on the cover, and airbrush on the top cover. Well, in general, you need to sort out yours, for Acer, and they always have trouble with the assembly ...

Rep: (96)
I don’t like big displays - I like such screens of old-style sensors of the 80-90s
Then I feel that the computer is a powerful machine, and not a glossy toy. Do not tell me where to find such screens?

http://www.tehnari.ru/
Wait there I seek out Old)))

PiLOT Salsk @ 9.9.09, 21:27*
I like these 80-90s old-style sensor screens

about! the idea is to make fallout style bb modding ... *** went to revise meager fin. funds ***

So, I can’t connect the display - there is no COM port (
But there was an idea to install a couplesuchvoltmeters, at 5 and 12 in)

oh and better yetsuch- take up less space

Post has been editedfreddyhacker - 10.09.09, 20:28
Reason for editing: added

Well, this is no longer a computer but a nuclear power plant)
I meant screens like karkulatrony or such (see attachment 2)

freddyhacker
Isn't your dream here? : yes2: (see attachment 1)

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedPiLOT Salsk - 10.09.09, 23:26

PiLOT Salsk @ 11.9.09, 0:26*
Isn't your dream here? (see attachment 1)

and what ... in general, it looks good)

Although this modding is more likely for Soviet computers: D Soviet computers are the largest computers in the world!) And modding is appropriate)

Post has been editedfreddyhacker - 11.09.09, 21:32

in general, here:
Attached Image
Attached Image

unfortunately, I didn’t think about picking up a Soviet tape recorder and zayuzat recording level indicators, but still ahead)

Post has been editedfreddyhacker - 13.09.09, 18:13

Oh cool and what does the indicator show?

PiLOT Salsk @ 13.9.09, 20:59*
what does the indicator show?

it shows the state of twelve volts (which are on the periphery, in particular coolers and hard)

Freddyhacker @ 13.9.09, 21:35*
Quote (PiLOT Salsk @ 13.9.09, 20:59)
what does the indicator show?

it shows the state of twelve volts (which are on the periphery, in particular coolers and hard)

Wow, damn it! I like, but how did I cut out the panel for a voltmeter?
P.S. I have a DVD cutter the same ..

Posted on 09/14/2009, 14:34:

Izmalkoff @ 9.9.09, 20:20*
I’m all wondering what’s interesting to do with a laptop ... Nobody will throw ideas?

Mm, do you accidentally have letters on the keyboard that are not transparent? There is one little idea: D

Post has been editedProSamara - 14.09.09, 14:33

ProSamara,
no, not transparent. Ideas, and I have the sea. Briefly here:http://www.tehnari.ru/f11/t28059/

Wow, damn it! I like, but how did I cut out the panel for a voltmeter?

I also liked it)
A hole in the thick (>4 mm) I also didn’t know how to cut plastic, until I came across a turbo lighter)

Need for cutting
1) stationery knife (and it is desirable to have spare blades on hand)
2) a heater (a simple lighter or gas stove is suitable)

First you need to draw a hole of the desired size on the plastic. Then you need to draw a hole 3-4 mm smaller in it (i.e., you should get a rectangle with sides 6-8 mm smaller than required). Then we heat the blade of the knife and try to draw it along the small contour (we don’t touch the large contour, it is adjusted with a file). If the plastic cuts through, but it is bad (not through and through), you need to increase the temperature, if the hole pierces instantly and its edges diverge by a couple of mm, then we reduce the heating - I had it from the very beginning, it’s good that I cut it in the middle of the future hole.
Ideally, there should be a feeling that you are cutting cheese with a rounded knife (there are definitely such ones in the dining rooms)))).

So, the hole is cut out, and now the hole is adjusted with a file, and very carefully, with a constant check of dimensions. Actually, everything else is a matter of technology, there is soldering the wires to the voltmeter and LEDs.

Yes, we must not forget that LEDs have different nominal parameters. The script for calculating the resistance to LEDs is on casemods.ru, on the main page on the left, under the site menu.

Oh yes, I forgot to say - in life everything looks MUCH more beautiful than in the photo)

Post has been editedfreddyhacker - 14.09.09, 18:07

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/18/19, 16:34