> Attention

Attention! All questions on the programs that are not in this section, ask in the subject. Ambulance for beginners .

IN THIS SECTION ONLY THE PROGRAM CATALOG! CREATING THOSE QUESTIONS IS FORBIDDEN! SEARCH PROGRAMS .
New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

xFM Radio | alternative program for FM radio

Rep: (1311)
xFM Radio
version 0.4

Last update of the program in the header08.05.09

Attached Image

Description:
Developers from the forum XDA-developers have created a utility that is able to reveal all the undocumented features an FM radio built into most new smartphones of HTC with Windows Mobile operating system. In particular, xFMRadio utility allows you to store more than 20 preset channels, assign them meaningful names, instead of just "102.3 MHz", and read the additional text information to radio stations in the RDS format and data on the traffic in TMC format for use in navigation.
Visitor online alias flywhc decided to look into the possibilities of the built-in radio HTC devices, but the manufacturer did not disclose the API software to access the BRF6350 chip, on the basis of which the receiver is implemented. As a result, a few days using the disassembler IDA Pro he was able to open the built-in FM Player app and get all the information on the implementation of radio in HTC devices Diamond / Blackstone / Polaris / Rhodium / Topaz and Raphael (except version for CDMA networks), as well as the SE Xperia X1 and Samsung Omnia, known in Russia as the i900.

It turned out that the HTC phones and similar to them solutions from other manufacturers technically capable of receiving signals in text format RDS (Radio Data System), which is used to transmit weather information for advertising and other supporting information. In addition, discovered the ability to receive and display text messages about traffic jams and road conditions in the format TMC (Traffic Message Channel) help the user with the nickname BeemerTPPC HyperGPS create a special utility to load the data traffic in the built iGO navigation system for HTC devices.
Original article

Brief instruction:

Default settings: Audio Source: 1 (earphone), RDS = 1, Verbose = 1, AF = 1. (but I do not know if automatic AF is working have to verify during long distance traveling..)

Verbose: 0 -no log; 1 - status only; 2 - TMC raw data; 3 - all types of log

Row 1: Input argument. Set Frequency in KHz, AF list: alternative frequencies for the current station.
Row 2: Frequency, station name, Band: World / Japan - use this to listen police station etc
Row 3: Signal Strength, Stereo / Mono, UTC Date / Time (update once per min if supported)
Row 4: -100KHz, Previous Channel, Next Channel, + 100Hz, Mute, Mono / Stereo
Row 5: Headset / Speaker, De-emphasis, Stereo blend
Row 6: Radio Text
Row 7: status such as Music / Speech, TP, TA, PTY, TMC etc

Check if the channel support TMC: ROW 7 should display [TMC]. You can see TMC data by setting the top left input box to 2, and click on Menu->Verbose.
The current xFMRadio v0.4 does not display RDS raw data anymore.
You can use Save log menu to save log data.
FMS API version is displayed in the About dialog. Mine is 1.2.

Note:
If your phone is no sound, try 0.4B version, which has been removed from the initialization procedure audio.
Compatibility:

Supported devices:
Htc diamond
HTC Raphael (but not CDMA)
HTC Blackstone
HTC Polaris
SE Xperia X1Note: If your X1 has new mediapanelyu in which the integrated FM radio program, you will have to disable the panel.
HTC Rhodium
HTC Topaz
Maybe something else.
HTC Artemisnot supported for now. It uses a chip Si4701, which is very similar to the Si4703 of the Samsung Omnia. Maybe OmniaTMC Artemis will support in the future.

Homepage: forum.xda-developers.com

Download:
Version 0.4: Attached fileXFMRadio0.4.zip (20.54 KB)
Version 0.4b: Attached fileXFMRadio0.4B.zip (20.54 KB)

Post has been editedkzvs - 24.12.09, 08:32

Rep: (80)
On the N6 writes "Failed to init.FM radio"

Rep: (198)
Samsung i9x0 Omnia

Call other device owners to test on your device. Please tell me if it is working or not.
If can not run it, you may need to download and copy FMS.dll and FMS_API.DLL into your device (see johnpatcher's post below).

Rep: (0)
Ha Diamond r3700 plow perfectly. : Thank_you: Thank you very much helped out because I have, for some incomprehensible reason, for me, the program list is missing a standard radio: blush: can someone tell me what's wrong?

Well, finally, something appeared. And I did not find more alternative programs FM radio.
(Not very convenient station without names in the standard)
And maybe bad looking? : Sveta:

Rep: (62)
Need to try. We raccoon x900 worth Si4700 - analogue Si4701without RDS: beee:

Verified RDS works after installing the patch on the program FM_PATCH_V900_150509Powerradiowith the corresponding GFMAPI. Details of the branch.

Post has been editedwire - 16.09.10, 02:41

Rep: (8)
Tell me more options;) On HTC Cruise (Polaris) Version 0.4b earned only predecessor was silent :)

Rep: (44)
TMC is working in Russia? No one knows?

Rep: (898)
baskalex,
esteem in this topic:TMC - Traffic Message Channel

Rep: (34)
It's a pity...

Attached images
Attached Image

Rep: (76)
dervish00 @ 14.5.09, 17:26*
It's a pity...

headset plugged in? without it will not work.
although the spoiler under the cut in the first post says that CHTC Artemis while nervously smokes on the sidelines.

Post has been editedmailrib - 14.05.09, 14:49

Rep: (8)
I do not understand the meaning of a program, built-in receiver seemed to me more convenient to use, we can because I have all the stations without RDS? And the interface her clumsy.

Rep: (34)
mailrib,
headset is connected, of course ... spoiler, I confess, I have not, but after here unsubscribed, climbed on xda and there read that Artemis by cash ...
I repeat: "Sorry ..." :)

Rep: (318)
ChiefTech @ 8.5.09, 5:21*
In particular, xFMRadio utility allows you to store more than 20 preset channels, assign them meaningful names, instead of just "102.3 MHz"

do not understand where this can be done in this prog ...

Mute - kills the sound ... if dancing with a tambourine it is possible to get it back but once in 3 quieter ....

Exit - fulfills more than a minute ....

RDSA did not see ....

Rep: (74)
Arslanx @ 14.5.09, 15:53*
I do not understand the meaning of a program ...

I like it too, at first seemed strange. However, after reading the 4th itemFAQall became clear on the home page.
4. What is xFMRadio?
It is a analytical tool help me validate FMS API, and RDS data.

Any undocumented features? What Horsham? RDS kind and NTS shnoy prog rabotaet.A MBF we sort in Russia was not veschayut.kak receiver settling will remain!

Rep: (-1)
Urgently need an alternative to Artemis !!!!!!
HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Rep: (3)
With sound on SE X1 has gone only XFMRadio0.4B.zip. But
xFMRadio utility allows you to store more than 20 preset channels, assign them meaningful names, instead of just "102.3 MHz"
do not understand where this can be done in this prog ...
Any undocumented features? What Horsham?

A skill nestvitsya

Rep: (68)
It puts to work ... but it does not always produce set the frequency. Now I did not understand, my Touch Pro native radio RDS wrote and wrote ... so what's all the same advantages of this program, in addition to save more than 20 stations (interesting but who listens to them all 20 ???) ..

Rep: (27)
I realized with hda there are two things needed to run purely on TMS Rafik it
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=11
mentioned in this post, but where to get them ???
And one condition included a radio program (on I realized even the standard lope)
or who can explain from those who are able to realize?
I ask because I am going abroad in December and want to test a Pts in conjunction with IGo8.xxx
help me understand who could

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 01/06/20 at 21:30