Do you like Rockbox firmware?
Yes! [ 841 ] ** [68,99%]
Not :( [ 74 ] ** [6,07%]
And what is it? [ 304 ] ** [24,94%]
Total Votes: 1219

Rep: (6)
Rockbox -free software for players

Important!!!:
It should be noted that some manufacturers, in particular, iRiver, consider installing Rockbox as a violation of the warranty contract.

Compatibility:
iPod

• First generation
    Release Date - October 23, 2001. There was only a Mac OS version.
    Disk space - 5 GB
    File System - HFS
    Dimensions - 100CH62CH18 mm
    Weight - 184 g
    Supported formats - WAVE, AIFF, MP3, AAC
    Battery life - 12 hours
    Computer Connection Interface - FireWire
  • Second generation
    Release Date - July 17, 2002. Two options have been released - iPod for Windows and iPod for Mac OS.
    Disk capacity - 5, 8, 10 or 20 GB
    The file system is HFS (Mac OS) and FAT (Windows).
    Computer Connection Interface - USB
  • Third generation
    Release Date - April 28, 2003
    Disk capacity - 5, 10 or 20 GB, then 15, 20 and 40 GB
    Battery life - 8 hours
    Computer connection interface - FireWire, as well as optional (via adapter) USB
  • Fourth Generation / iPod photo
    Release Date - July 2004

In versions of 2004, a monochrome screen was used. In versions of 2005 - a color screen (65 thousand colors). The 4th generation without color displays was completely discontinued in June 2005.
    Disk capacity - 20 or 40 GB (2004), 30 or 60 GB (2005)
    Dimensions - 104CH61CH14 (15) mm (2004), 104CH61CH16 (19) mm
    Weight - 158 (170) g (2004), 167 (187) g (2005)
    Battery life - 12 hours (2004), 15 hours (2005)
    Computer Connection Interface - FireWire or USB
  • Fifth Generation / iPod video
    Release Date - October 12, 2005
    Disk capacity - 30, 60 or 80 GB
    Dimensions - 104CH62CH11 mm (30 GB), 104CH62CH14 mm (60 and 80 GB)
    Weight - 138 g (30 GB), 157 g (60 and 80 GB)
    Battery life - 14 hours (30 GB), 20 hours (60 and 80 GB)
    Computer Connection Interface - USB
  • Sixth Generation / iPod classic
    Release Date - September 5, 2007
    Model Number: 80 GB (A1136, MA448LL / A); 160 GB (A1238, MB145LL / A); 120 GB (A1238, MB562LL / A).
    Disk capacity - 80, 120 or 160 GB
    Dimensions - 103.5 Г— 61.8 Г— 10.5 mm (80 and 120 GB), 104 Г— 62 Г— 13.5 mm (160 GB)
    Weight - 140 g (80 and 120 GB), 162 g (160 GB)
    Battery life - 30 hours of audio, 5 hours of video (80 GB), 36 hours of audio, 6 hours of video (120 GB), 40 hours of audio, 7 hours of video (160 GB)
    Computer Connection Interface - USB 2.0
    The case is made of aluminum and stainless steel
    Using Cover Flow

Archos
Archos player / studio
Archos recorder
Archos fm recorder
Archos v2 recorder
Ondio FM
Ondio SP

iRiver
H100 series models (H100 / H110 / H115 / H120 / H140)
H300 Series (H320 / H340)
H10 Series (H10 5, 6, and 20GB)

Cowon iAUDIO
X5 and X5L
X5V
M5 and M5L
M3 and M3L
D2 (there are some flaws)

Sandisk sansa
c200 series v1
e200В® series

Toshiba gigabeat
Toshiba gigabeat f
Toshiba gigabeat x

Motorola EZX
Motorola MING A1200 (e) / ROKR E6
Motorola ROKR E2

Useful

Advantages of firmware:
Support 15 codecs
Play MPEG 1 \ 2 Video
Recording from voice recorder and radio to compressed MP3 or WavPack
Many plugins (games, calculator, stopwatch, etc.)
Efficient use of battery power
Play without pauses
5-band fully parametric equalizer, stereo width adjustment
Smooth volume control
Replaygain
eplay Gain (ReplayGain, Replaygain) - a standard for presenting information that allows audio players using it to automatically “soften” the output signal to play different audio files at the same volume level.

Using Replay Gain allows you to avoid manually changing the volume level when playing audio files from different albums / discs recorded with different volume levels.

Replay Gain involves scanning the entire file using psychoacoustic analysis to determine perceived loudness and peak levels.

Another advantage of using Replay Gain is that using peak levels avoids “trimming” songs at high volume.

Typically, a Replay Gain is stored in the audio files as metadata.

Replay Gain implementations usually only add metadata to the audio file without changing the original data. Despite the fact that the Replay Gain standard defines the use of an 8-byte field in the file header, many popular audio formats, such as Ogg Vorbis and FLAC, use tags to store Replay Gain information. Moreover, the most common way to store this information in MP3s is to write APEv2 tags to the end of the file.

Another way to implement this standard is to either directly change the volume level in the scanned file, or create a copy with the modified sound from the original file. As a result, this process may not be completely reversible.

Winamp, Foobar2000, Rhythmbox, Audacious, Amarok 2.1, Quod Libet, and AIMP players support this standard by default.

A lot of settings, support for themes
Clock
Multi-language interface (menu scoring possible)
Disadvantages of firmware:
Bad WMA support
DRM is not supported
There is no way to rewind with sound

About Rockbox:
Rockbox is free software to replace the firmware of digital audio players. The Rockbox project began at the end of 2001 and was first implemented on the Archos Studio player.

Rockbox offers an alternative to the player’s firmware, in many cases, without removing the original firmware. Rockbox's internal device allows for increased functionality through the use of expansion modules. Improving functionality includes applications, utilities, and games. Rockbox can provide (retrofit) video playback for players released in the mid-2000s. Rockbox also has a voice-driven user interface suitable for use by people with blindness or impaired vision.

When installing Rockbox in many cases, it is not necessary to write it to flash memory instead of the factory firmware. Instead, a small bootloader is written to the memory, which allows you to choose whether to launch Rockbox or factory firmware.

Rockbox works on a wide variety of sound devices with very different hardware capabilities: from early Archos with their primitive displays to modern players with great picture clarity, digital audio and recording capabilities.

Typically, official firmware is superior to Rockbox only in support of WMA and DRM. They can also have the function of good and accurate rewind, with the ability to hear the stretched area. At the same time, on many players Rockbox is not able to take on all the functions of the original firmware, such as downloading files to the player, recharging.

Instructions

Design examples:
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

!!!ATTENTION!!!ALL WHAT YOU DO, YOU DO AT YOUR SOLE RISK !!!
Very Risky !!! I don’t advise you with crooked hands ...

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedmihadom - 11.05.18, 10:42

Rep: (594)
usefulvitamin, irrelevant

Rep: (0)
most gorgeous little thing: thank_you: the Sansa clip, plus the last stable one started up just like that :) a bunch of settings. Initially, in sansa, there was not enough top with brinvaz m2, but the smartest equalizer and frequency regulator corrected everything) I wish this firmware to everyone!

Maybe sticks to the topic all the necessary files, otherwise the site is

Help. I'm in panic. Formatted his Toshiba Gigabeat F60, now it gives an error 0000020. I tried to sew, it doesn’t work, the error remains.

Rep: (2)
whoever tells me the rockbox is installed. when I put it on charge or try to connect to the docking station (which is like speakers to listen to music from the iPod), the iPod goes into drive mode and what the hell do with it! digging into the settings, it didn't help, nothing found.

Rep: (25)
Tell me how to put a Rockbox on a Sansa clip zip? Will it work normally?

Rep: (7)
Entoenot @ 04/08/2012, 16:48*
Help. I'm in panic. Formatted his Toshiba Gigabeat F60, now it gives an error 0000020. I tried to sew, it doesn’t work, the error remains.

maybe late but better than never
1 player must be formatted in FAT32 (by default, Windows certainly formatted it in NTFS)
2 you need to copy system files to the player

Rep: (1)
Redhunter88 @ 06/23/2012, 15:31*
Tell me how to put a Rockbox on a Sansa clip zip? Will it work normally?

I put it according to the instructions from the Pleer forum and it works fine, sometimes it gives an error when connecting to the computer, it is solved by juggling the lace.
Link

Rep: (5)
Rockbox suddenly began to crash when turned on, reinstallation does not help. Can I do something?
The original firmware works fine.

Post has been editedseriouscat - 19.09.12, 07:26

Rep: (7)
seriouscat, and what kind of player? How does it behave on native firmware?

but you can flash it or something Apple iPod nano 6 16Gb

Posted on 09/27/2012, 9:06 PM:

but you can flash it or something Apple iPod nano 6 16Gb

Rep: (86)
Planning for ipod nano 7g?

Help me please! I tried installing Rockbox on my sansa clip zip. Now, when loading, an error appears: File not found. Comp player does not detect. I tried to go under the standard firmware, holding the volume down and turning it on, but the player is still not detected early.

Rep: (-1)
Help me please! I tried installing Rockbox on my sansa clip zip. Now, when loading, an error appears: File not found. Comp player does not detect. I tried to go under the standard firmware, holding the volume down and turning it on, but the player is still not detected early.

Yesterday I caught exactly such a bug. You just need to once again drop your .rockbox assembly into the root of the device and disconnect it from the computer. The player will start immediately. I personally did not like the rockbox, it changes the control (it does it like on clip +), the back button is no longer "back", but "home", like on clip +. bullshit

I have a Sony Nwz 373 player, how to install a rockbox on it, there is firmware, but the instruction is in English

Guys, but whoever did / knows how to put rock boxing on sansa clip zip
write or give a reference, I can’t find anything concrete about this)

Rep: (4)
So it’s like this:
Step-by-step instruction for flashing Sandisk Sansa Clip + player in Rockbox:

1. Make sure the player is more than half charged.

2. Make sure that the usb connection mode on the player is set to MSC, not MTP / Auto.

3. Download bootloader bootloader

4. Download the latest Rockbox build.

5. Download the Cliplined theme.

6. Unzip the contents of the archives to the root folder on the player.

7. Make a safe shutdown of the player.

8. Disconnect the USB cable from the player.

9. Wait until the player updates the firmware.

10. Profit!

dachshund, figured out the firmware, there is such a question
is it possible, as if on stock, to simply open the alphabetical list of songs, and to flip through it randomly
and then through the database on the track, it gets off every time, and it just scrolls 1-2-3, it is impossible to find the song you wanted to listen to in the anarcho list

Rep: (95)
Is it possible to somehow rock a rockbox on a Cowon J3?

Guys, help, there’s a rockbox on the sansa clip zip, listening to music, something like this suddenly popped up on the screen: "data abort at 00 fsr 0x8 (domian 0, fault address 0xd5c332 pc: 00064990 sp: 3", the player itself hangs and does not respond, I connected it to my computer - there is no reaction, it does not see it, buttons - I press, there is no reaction. What should I do? Do not throw the animal away?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/16/19, 04:33