Message#1
17.03.09, 15:51
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 296
Check in: 24.12.07
Apple iPhone 5s

You can get m4b-audiobooks just by Google, on torrents or buy on disks.
Recently, by the way, iMobilka (http://www.imobilco.ru) began to sell them. Profitable this business, sell air.

�������� ��������� � ������� ��� iPod (���������� �������� � ����� m4a/m4b) download

Usually audiobooks are a large number of mp3-files, it is not very convenient to listen to them (you have to memorize the place of a stop). Therefore, it is more convenient to recode the entire book into one file. And it is even more convenient if there are special marks in the resulting book that allow you to move from one chapter to another, to rewind within only one chapter.

In this guide I will try to describe:

How to transcode a bunch of mp3 into one m4b and add chapters to it according to the source files, as well as manually add chapters of fixed / arbitrary length to the finished m4b.

The duration of the received book (each file) should not exceed 13 hours and 37 minutes

Method 1
Using SSA_Gen

System requirements: Windows XP / Vista; Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0; iTunes; Quicktime 7x.
Additional programs (all programs are free): Foobar2000 (for transcoding); Slideshow Assembler and SSA_Gen (for adding chapters)
Mirror:http://narod.yandex.ru/100.xhtml?karalmeta...oft/SSA_Gen.rar

A. Recoding to m4b

1. Run Foobar2000 and drag the folder with the audio book into it (it is recommended to check the correct order)
2. Select all files in the list (Ctrl-A), select Convert in the context menu.>Convert to Single File
Attached Image

3. In the Converter Setup dialog that appears, in the Encoding Preset list, select mp4 (Nero). And press the next button (...)
4. Select the mode and bitrate. If you do not have NeroDigitalAudioEncoder, you can download it right there (when you first start you will need to specify where it is located).
Attached Image

5. Press Ok twice, the answer to the question about Transcode is Yes. Specify where to save the file.
6. We are waiting for the completion of coding. As a result, we obtain the Image.mp4 file.
7. Check that the file normally opens in QuickTime. If it does not open (it will not be possible to add chapters):
Encode the file again with a different bit rate. OR Use mp4box utility, for example, mp4box -add Image.mp4 Image2.mp4 or mp4box -add Image.mp4 -ipod Image2.mp4
8. If you do not need chapters - go to part "C".

B. Adding chapters
To add chapters, we will use the Slideshow Assembler program (hereinafter SSA). Since this program has no window interface, I had to write an additional program (SSA_Gen). The mechanism of their work is the following: with the help of SSA_Gen a list of chapters is created and stored in a .pod file. Further this file is transferred to SSA.
Run SSA_Gen. You can create a list based on the source file, add a ready list of chapters (from a text file or from the clipboard) or create chapters of fixed length.

B1.The finished list should have the following format: for each chapter - a separate line of the type Length_ of chapter_in_seconds: title_ of chapter, for example, 323: Gl_1_03_01. The title of the chapter, you can use letters, numbers and some characters (Russian letters are supported).

B2.Creating a list of chapters in accordance with the source files

1. In SSA_Gen, click From files ....
2. Add files to the list (you can add several times):

Add files
Scan folder: all files (mp3, mp4, m4a, m4b) from the specified folder will be added to the list. With a large number of files, scanning may take a long time, wait for completion.
Drag files and folders into the list from Windows Explorer: files (mp3, mp4, m4a, m4b) will be added, folders will be scanned
3. Check the order. You can sort by clicking in the table header.
4. Unnecessary files can be deleted from the list, for this you need to select them and press Delete on the keyboard. You can delete all files using the Clear button.
5. The Update field No. button allows you to rename the list (after sorting and deleting).
6. The File and Title fields can be edited.
7. 8. In the drop-down list below, select which field to use as chapter titles (Title, File, Number).
Attention! In the selected column, all fields must be non-empty!
Press the Ok button.

B3.Creating chapters of fixed length (useful if the length of the source files is too long or if the source files are not preserved).
1. In SSA_Gen, click Create.
2. Select the duration (in minutes) and the number of chapters.
Attached Image
3. Check that all chapters are inside the book.

B4.Change the list.

1. Changing the title of the chapter: select the desired chapter, in the field under the list enter a new name, apply the changes.
Attached Image

2. Skip chapters. Example: a book consists of several real chapters, and in an audiobook each chapter is cut into several files. If, as a result, you want to get a division by real chapters, then you need: for each chapter, uncheck all files except the first one.

B5.Book selection.
Click the top Select button and specify the converted file (Image.mp4). Enter the temporary name (correct in paragraph "C"), the author and the album (does not work).
Click the second Select button and select a cover (.jpg). In the field next to it should appear its size and file name.

B6.Saving the list of chapters (including selected chapters).
Click the Save to TXT button to save the list of marked chapters in a file (Image.mp4.txt).

B7.Preview the result.
This function allows you to check the position of labels in the final file, for example, to make sure that the labels correspond to real chapters.

1. Click the Create CUE button.
2. Add the created file (Image.mp4.cue) to Foobar and run the check
3rd With an unsatisfactory result:
If there are few chapters, you can edit the duration manually (Save to TXT, edit, Open TXT)
Use the function "Increase / decrease the duration of all chapters" 1.

B8.Increase / decrease the duration of all chapters.
This feature is useful if the beginnings of all chapters are shifted, with the shift increasing for each subsequent chapter.
This function should be used for source files. The size of the shift is determined experimentally.

1. Enter a shift in the field next to the Apply button (100 = 1 second). This number will be added (deducted if negative) to the duration of each chapter.
2. Check the result with a preview.

B9.Sending to SSA.

1. After creating a list, selecting a file and entering a name, click Create POD or Open in SSA to create a .pod file (Image.mp4.pod). In the first case, you will need to drag the .pod file to the SSA.exe shortcut.
2. Wait for completion. The converted file should appear in the same folder as the original.
Attached Image

C. Adding to iTunes

1. If you got a file with the extension .m4a or .mp4, then just rename it to .m4b
2. Add the file to your iTunes library (for example, by dragging and dropping into the program window).
3. In the context menu, select Information, fill in the Name, Artist, Album, insert the cover.
4. Sync
If everything is done correctly, these results should be like this:
Attached Image
Attached Image

Method 2
We use the program iPod Audio Book Converter (free).

Also need Nero Encoder and Slideshow Assembler

The program has a fairly clear interface.
Attached Image

1) Add book files (Add button), check the sequence.
2) Select the number of output files and the method of division in the Output file options (one, the specified number, the specified duration, the specified size).
3) Select the method of division into chapters in Chapter names for every (by File and / or by duration).
4) Select the naming method for chapters in the Chapter naming convertion field (for example, chapter names from ID3 tags). You can also set titles for chapters manually.
5) Select the output codec (Nero) and bitrate.
6) Set (check) the author, title, etc. fields, specify the cover.
7) Press the Run button and wait for the end.
8) Add to iTunes

The iPodABC program has one very significant flaw (there are also minor flaws): the encoding is very long.
When encoding mp3>The m4b program does the following:
1) encodes every mp3 file in wav
2) encodes each wav to mp4
3) combines 20 mp4 files into one (for example, if there are 50 files, the program will first combine 20, 20 and 10 files into three files, and only then 3 files into one). If the number of chapters is a multiple of 20 (20, 40, 60, etc.), the program will write about the error almost at the very end.
4) add chapters via SSA
At the same time, the program works in one stream, and if the computer has several processors (cores), one core deals with encoding, and the second fully loads iPodABC (apparently, with a useless wait cycle for encoding completion).

Therefore, another method: coding through Foobar2000

We encode files to mp4 in the same way as described in clause A. Transcoding to m4b is higher in method 1, but instead of Convert to Single File, choose Convert to ....
When using Foobar, the encoding time will be 2, 4 or 8 times less !!!
After encoding, add the mp4 files to iPodABC and follow the instructions described above. Unfortunately, this method does not allow to avoid a long merging of files into one. Therefore, if for you
For coding, you can use other programs, such as iTunes.

Method 3
We use the program MarkAble version 2x

The program costs $ 18. It does everything by itself)))))

Screenshots to all this disgrace are attached

Post has been editeddirectorgeneral - 13.04.15, 10:21
saliri
Message#22
25.12.10, 11:39
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 3
Check in: 25.12.10

"ruslat"
The bitrate in v1.03 can be specified in the m4Book.ini file next to the program:
Code
[options]
bitrate = 128000

this does not work. Anyway, the program underestimates the original bitrate. The program is archival, but you should bring it to mind

--------------------
If the terms of the rat, then the ship is still floating. (Vladimir Kolechitsky)
ruslat
Message#23
25.12.10, 17:14
a guest
[offline]

Messages 7
Check in: 16.01.10
Apple iPhone 3G 16GB

128000 is the maximum bit rate in the FAAC codec, I cannot increase it myself.
saliri
Message#24
26.12.10, 23:06
a guest
[offline]

Messages 3

That's not the point. When converting 12 mp3 files with a 64 kbps bitrate, the AAC stream at the output was approximately 28 kbps. 112 turns into 78. Maybe I don’t understand the features of codecs, but it seems to me that such drops are not very good

PS: once again I will say - I am a big fan of m4Book, and I only use it for converting books for it. that's why I want her to become better.

Post has been editedsaliri - 26.12.10, 23:09

--------------------
If the terms of the rat, then the ship is still floating. (Vladimir Kolechitsky)
ruslat
Message#25
27.12.10, 18:46
a guest
[offline]

Messages 7
Apple iPhone 3G 16GB

It is normal that the bitrate decreases after transcoding - FAAC has a higher compression ratio than MP3.
If we compare the bitrate after transcoding WAV, then the bitrate will probably decrease every 10 times.
Well, that's what the codec is for, so that the file size can be greatly reduced with a slight deterioration in quality.

Post has been editedruslat - 27.12.10, 19:31
saliri
Message#26
27.12.10, 19:48
a guest
[offline]

Messages 3

ruslat
Are there any other options? well, or whether their introduction in the near future?

--------------------
ruslat
Message#27
27.12.10, 21:32
a guest
[offline]

Messages 7
Apple iPhone 3G 16GB

In the options for the codec will be only the bitrate, the rest, it seems to me, superfluous.
I will add a breakdown of long files into parts - it is necessary if one MP3 is longer than 13 hours.
Maybe I'll make a short MP3 with one chapter.
Editing chapter titles is also needed. What else did you miss?

But all this is not before spring - I also have a lot of plans for my main job :)

PS: By the way, how to do without transcoding:http://eu-shestakov.livejournal.com/474070...95734#t19595734
Add to iTunes, then right-click on the whole album, Information, Settings tab, type of media file - Audiobook. Apply.
After that, the whole album migrates to the Books section (there’s an e-book basement below, the Audiobook basement appears). And now each file will be played strictly in the order of numbers, without mixing, and the position will be remembered.

I did not know. Live and learn.

Post has been editedruslat - 27.12.10, 21:48
Mr_Jurist
Message#28
09.01.11, 23:42
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 12
Check in: 11.11.09

ruslat
Thank you for the program. If you are going to improve - a big request to add the union of files in a separate chapter and manual editing of the title of the chapter. More like and not necessary.
Vyacheslav-s
Message#29
01.02.11, 20:23
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1708
Check in: 24.03.10
Lenovo A830

There is another interesting program for creating audiobooks in one m4b file:
Chapter and Verse is free and intuitive to use.
You can download fromof the site.

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
c-jets
Message#30
21.02.11, 13:35
a guest
[offline]

Messages 1
Check in: 21.02.11

In the old version there was an error when adding files through the menu, corrected - m4Book 1.03

The program is excellent, but it would be more convenient if the source files could be added by selecting the folder where they are located in the subfolders (conveniently if the different chapters in different chapters are in different subfolders)

Post has been editedc-jets - 21.02.11, 13:36
Kourt2000
Message#31
19.03.11, 14:15
a guest
[offline]

Messages 1
Check in: 09.01.11

Super prog, everything is simple and clear! Thank!
vb [fbk012
Message#32
08.04.11, 23:23
a guest
[offline]

Messages 5
Check in: 21.08.08
Glofiish (E-Ten) X600

Vyacheslav-S @ 01.02.2011, 20:23*
There is another interesting program for creating audiobooks in one m4b file:
Chapter and Verse is free and intuitive to use.
You can download from the office. site.

Is there a similar program, but she did work right away with Mp3 and not just with AAC
Vyacheslav-s
Message#33
09.04.11, 05:39
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1708
Check in: 24.03.10
Lenovo A830

vb [fbk012 @ 04/09/2011, 03:23*
Is there a similar program, but she did work right away with Mp3 and not just with AAC

InstalliTunesand when adding mp3 files, Chapter and Verse will offer to convert them to mp4.

Post has been editedVyacheslav-s - 09.04.11, 06:22
vb [fbk012
Message#34
12.04.11, 15:55
a guest
[offline]

Messages 5
Check in: 21.08.08
Glofiish (E-Ten) X600

Vyacheslav-S @ 04/09/2011, 06:39*
Install iTunes and when adding mp3 files, Chapter and Verse will offer to convert them to mp4.

iTunes is worth it, sorry for the stupidity, where to add MP3 files to iTunes or to Chapter and Verse as it is recast it?
grom17
Message#35
13.04.11, 19:00
Local
[offline]

Messages 209
Check in: 26.09.09
Apple iPhone 8 Plus

Plz tell me. How can I make a series of books in an iPhone according to this scheme? those. There is a series of books (ten books) Under one name, for example: Trans-reality. The author Vadim Zeland, their ten books: 1) The space of options
2) The rustle of the morning stars
3) Forward to the past
4) Etc, etc.
It would be necessary to first (in audiobooks) the name of the series (album name), and then when it went on to the books themselves. I have it, but when I switch to the books themselves, it only shows
"part 1 of 10" and "Author",
"part 2 of 10" and "Author",
"part 3 of 10" and "Author",. The question itself: Where do you need to register in the tags so that everything is displayed correctly. What would instead"part 1 of 10"It wastitle of the book itself

Reality transurfing ======>| Space options
|=====>The rustle of the morning stars
Vadim Zeland ==============>| Forward to the past

K
I urge you to write messages in standard color

Post has been editedBamboo - 13.04.11, 19:01
grom17
Message#36
13.04.11, 19:07
Local
[offline]

Messages 209
Check in: 26.09.09
Apple iPhone 8 Plus

I think that in Chapter and Verse, and then with the converted files to upload to iTunes.

Posted on 04/13/2011, 19:07:

vb [fbk012 @ 04/12/2011, 15:55*
iTunes is worth it, sorry for the stupidity, where to add MP3 files to iTunes or to Chapter and Verse as it is recast it?

I think that in Chapter and Verse, and then with the converted files to upload to iTunes.
E34
Message#37
30.11.11, 09:07
Local
[offline]

Messages 123
Check in: 19.08.08
Apple iPhone 7 Plus

Prompt, and where. or rather, in which folder we put the ready-made m4b files through iFunBox &
Spib!

--------------------
iPhone 7+ 128G; & forever young iPhone 3G MB489RS, 4.2.1 (8С148) as an mp3 play; Win10 64x;
C3Pbl4
Message#38
26.12.11, 20:10
Old resident
[offline]

Group: Banned
Messages 848
Check in: 05.12.11

there is an audiobook in mp3 files
perekonvertil in m4b according to the instructions 1
The book is determined by the QuickTime player, tuna, normally reproduced and chapters are seen
I threw the book in tuna, it was determined in the section of books, but when I go to the phone in tuna, there is no book anywhere
Already povibiral "sync all", times 5 perezinhril, the book on the body in the Music application in the audiobooks section does not appear
just appears in the music (playlist last added), but the book is played without chapters

help guys

aliluya
added to the audiobook section, reproduced by chapters, all the way
What did you do? accidentally ssinhril tuna, when it was not allocated all the music and not a single album, the music so quickly retired, did not even blink with an eye, put the checkbox "sync the whole muse", and my audiobook appeared in the audiobook section her "Unknown Kozlov N.I.". In tuna, it is normally displayed "How to treat yourself and people, or Practical psychology for every day" singer Kozlov N.I. Maybe such a long name affects? ..

PS did not understand in which section audiobooks are displayed in tuna in the device section ->Phone?

Post has been editedC3Pbl4 - 26.12.11, 20:24
Reason for editing: he decided

--------------------
1. Xiaomi Mi5 Pro(4 / 128GB) Ceramic BlackAndroid6.0.1 MIUI8 xiaomi.eu 6.7.14
2. Moto MaXXXT1225, Android6.0.1 CM13
Hedgehog70
Message#39
27.12.11, 07:43
Local
[offline]

Messages 194
Check in: 08.08.08
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F

m4Book 1.03 - the program is super. Respect to the author. But the sound is much worse than the original is obtained, but it floats on the volume for some reason ...

--------------------
Samsung S4 GT-I9500__5.0.1__Sunrise Rom v22.0.0 -->Samsung S6 Edge SM-G925F__6.0.1__Official
solodovnikov
Message#40
27.12.11, 23:10
Local
[online]

Messages 110
Check in: 22.12.05
HTC TyTN

The question is. How to add a text file to an audiobook?
zmans
Message#41
29.12.11, 07:46
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 483
Check in: 05.04.10
Xiaomi Mi 6 6/128

C3Pbl4 @ 12.26.2011, 21:10*
PS did not understand in which section audiobooks are displayed in tuna in the device section ->Phone?

In the Books section
At the very top will be "Sync Books" (this is a plain text version)
Below should be "Sync Audio Books"

At least in my tuna that way

--------------------
macOS Mojave 10.14.5 Beta 2, Asus K55VJ, Intel i7-3630QM, 8Gb, Wi-Fi Broadcom BCM94322HM8L, SSD Adata SU900 128 Gb, Clover 4920

5 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

mobile version    Now: 05/25/19 16:33