iPod nano - Discussion | All generations.

Rep: (785)
iPod nano

Technical details:

First generation -

Attached Image
* Memory capacity - 1, 2 or 4 GB
* Dimensions - 89 Г— 40 Г— 7 mm
* Weight - 42 g
* Battery life - 14 hours
* Computer interface - USB
* Audio format - AAC, protected by AAC, MP3, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4), Apple Lossless, WAV, AIFF
* Image format - JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, PSD (Mac only), PNG
* Color solutions of the case - white, black
* At the moment it is very difficult to find this model, this model is very well distributed in the countries of the 3rd world
* Headphones: 3.5 mm, but it happens that headphones that require a more powerful system are suitable for this model.

Second generation -

Attached Image
* Display - color TFT, 176 x 132 pixels
* Memory capacity - 2, 4 GB
* Dimensions - 88.9 Г— 40.6 Г— 6.6 mm
* Weight - 40 g
* Battery life - 24 hours
* Color solutions of the case - black, metallic, pink, green, blue, red
Third generation -

Attached Image
* Display - color TFT, 2 inches, 320 x 240 pixels
* Management - touch circle
* Memory capacity - 4 or 8 GB
* Audio format - MP3, AAC
* Dimensions - 69.8 Г— 52.3 Г— 6.5 mm
* Weight - 49.2 g
* Battery life - 24 hours of audio, 5 hours of video
* Body colors - metallic, blue, red, green, black, pink
Fourth generation -
Attached Image
* Display - 320 x 240 pixels
* Memory capacity - 4, 8 or 16 GB
* Dimensions - 90.7 Г— 38.7 Г— 6.2 mm
* Weight - 36.8 g
* Battery life - 24 hours of audio, 4 hours of video
* The color of the case - metallic, black, purple, blue, green, yellow, orange, red (sold only in the Apple Store), purple.
* Availability of accelerometer

Excerpt from the Rules:

3.4. False mistakes and deliberate malicious non-observance of the rules of the Russian language (including abuse of the so-called "Padonkovsky language") are FORBIDDEN. For excessive use of so-called. "Albanism" can be followed by a ban!
4.7.2. Messages that contain grammatical and / or syntactic errors can cause a negative reaction from forum members. Try to write correctly.
4.8. Explicit and hidden rudeness, rudeness, insults are forbidden.
4.9. It is forbidden to use obscene language, both explicit and hidden, including special characters.
5.1. If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problem, do not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!". On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant.
5.2. The reputation of other participants can be influenced by any user who has collected 15 useful posts. If you do not have 15 helpful posts, ask the moderator to raise the reputation of the person who helped you through the "Complaint" button.
5.4. It is forbidden to use reputation for revenge or similar occasions. Reputation is not a means of fights!

Post has been editedkhar-selim - 08.10.11, 15:25

Rep: (0)
Hello!
There is such a problem.
iPod nano 2nd generation, for about two years.
There have never been any problems, but about a week ago the screen stopped working: it just burns, but it remains white, the music plays.
Previously, I started to work through a reboot, now it does not help.
When connected to a computer, nothing changes.
What is it and what can you do about it?

Rep: (303)
kss_13 @ 24.1.10, 21:55*
just burning but staying white

From the experience of repairing phones, this is usually a covered screen, and the backlight is on. But this is only one of the symptoms. If possible, try to reflash. If it does not help, then sc. If you are not afraid to disassemble, then disassemble and make sure that the screen plume does not depart from the board.

If you can, try to reflash! Already tried, but nothing! he sometimes shows the rules and then again everything is as before!

R1chI,
Check here -PDACenter - repair PDAs, smartphones, smartphones.

Hello to all. This morning, when the player was almost discharged (at what I saw after) the screen started working, I could not believe my eyes. When I arrived at work and connected it to my computer, it went out again ((: rofl:

Rep: (3)
Good day. The question is. Ipod Nano 8GB 3rd generation. You turn the power switch to the left - a blue screen and an hourglass appear ... and you can enjoy this repin picture for hours until the battery sits down ... What can you do?

Reset, as I understand it, is done by pressing the center + menu during power up and lasts 6-10 seconds? held a minute - Repin's picture does not disappear. Apparatus disassembled inside clean. clamped separately (without Claudia) the membrane of the center and the menu (to avoid pressing three buttons at the same time) - the result is the same.

Is it possible to flash it somehow? Than? I would be grateful to links to firmware, flash drivers and fakie!

Rep: (14)
I bought the 5th generation, a little shocked, shove the camera and give the current the opportunity to shoot video, but you can not take a photo ..... or I do not know something, or the Americans PPC

Rep: (1)
In general, as I understood from the sourcehttp://build.rockbox.org/I have an iPod 4th gen Grayscale black and white 20 gig
The problem is that it does not start ... after downloading, a folder with the inscription www.apple.com/support/ipod pops up .... the computer is not detected!
There was such a problem! I handed over to the service ... paid the money ... they said the firmware had flown down ... and they reinstalled it .. and it earned without losing the files ... but that is) and now the exact same garbage ...
I rummaged through Google ... found your site, and there the sitehttp://www.rockbox.org/Well, there is a program for the firmware as I \ understood .. but the trail in that .. that the iPod computer is not detected ... then the disk can not be seen .... I tried to start it in disk mode! I squeezed the central and play button ... then to the YUSB ... yes it connects ... writes ... there are disconnect notes ... really ... just for a few seconds .. after which it reboots ... and disappears from the list of devices ... so in the Roboxbox prog ... I can not set the ipod directory!

Actually, I ask you to help me a lot ... how can I flash it ... when I was able to ... while I think that there was nothing complicated there ... and I don’t want to pay 500 rubles for a reflash .. for two weeks. ..

Rep: (160)
panamama
Did you reset?
1. Hold to on, then off
2. Hold the Play / Pause and Menu buttons for 5-10 seconds

although what does the old iPod have to do with nano ...

Post has been editedIP_slava - 15.02.10, 16:19

IP_slava @ 15.2.10, 15:15*
although what does the old iPod have to do with nano ...

This is my cant: blush:

Rep: (2)
Nikola.pipec @ 20.2.10, 0:09*
Tell me how to install a radio on iPod nano 4 gene?

I think that in any way. . ! You can buy a radio module separately)))

Rep: (5)
Who will tell or show how to open ipod nano8gb
the backlight does not work and the player does not see its memory, the computer sees

Rep: (21)
panamama @ 9.2.10, 14:46*
true ... just for a few seconds .. after which it reboots ... and disappears from the list of devices
There was a similar story with an iPod, solved the problem with manual dexterity :) When the iPod is loaded for a couple of seconds, I click on the iPod and restore it in iTunes. After rebooting the player, the bug disappeared.

Rep: (53)
I have the first generation iPod nano at 2 gig.
Windows 64 seven does not see it when connected!
And aytyuns too. What should I do? How to delete songs on the player and upload new ones there?

I bought a used ipod nano 8gb 5 generation.
The battery holds 3-4 hours. They used a maximum of half a year, and it is not known how.
advise what to do

Rep: (287)
panamama @ 9.2.10, 13:46*
Orlis in Google ... found your site, and there the sitehttp://www.rockbox.org/Well, there is a program for the firmware as I \ understood .. but the trail in that .. that the iPod computer is not detected ... then the disk can not be seen .... I tried to start it in disk mode! I squeezed the central and play button ... then to the YUSB ... yes it connects ... writes ... there are disconnect notes ... really ... just for a few seconds .. after which it reboots ... and disappears from the list of devices ... so in the Roboxbox prog ... I can't set the ipod directory!
Actually, I ask you to help me a lot ... how can I flash it ... when I was able to ... while I think that there was nothing complicated there ... and I don’t want to pay 500 rubles for a reflash .. for two weeks. ..

I would advise you to download the ipod updater, it should restore the firmware (Restore), even if you format the entire player as a flash drive in fat32. Then the rockbox installer will see the flash drive as a player.

Still, I highly recommend Rockbox as an alternative firmware. The original while not going anywhere, just you will have the opportunity to download any of the two. I fell in love with her, straight second life for my player.

Today, my Nano 1st G failed all the buttons and touch. But at the same time I could make a reset from any sewing. Then I cracked the player with a knife, but I didn’t see anything obvious of dirt and oxide there. Now I formatted it, put both firmwares, but still I can only do a reset, separately the input and the menu, like the other books, are not pressed. When I started writing this message, I tried to touch the wheel, it worked, but only a few lines, and stopped ..
I ask those who understand to help. thank

Post has been editedp0izn - 04.06.10, 23:26

DikAll @ 31.5.10, 18:57*
I have the first generation iPod nano at 2 gig.
Windows 64 seven does not see it when connected!
And aytyuns too. What should I do? How to delete songs on the player and upload new ones there?

Other computers see? In disk mode is visible? Updater "ohm can restore to factory condition.

Rep: (20)
Rockbox can be installed on the 3rd generation? Do you recommend taking the 3rd generation now?

Rockbox can be installed on the 3rd generation? Do you recommend taking the 3rd generation now?

Nano mean? Watching what price. Rockbox'a on Nano 3g is not. Therefore, I took Nano1g only because of the rockbox.Here islist of devices.

Rep: (27)
updated software on version 2GB mini (like so) a new function appeared but the old ones were gone} -)
I had to roll back))

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/19/19 10:45