IPod shuffle - Discussion | Audio player

Rep: (546)
DiscussioniPod shuffle
Audio player
Discussion пїЅ
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Specifications
* Dimensions: 4.11 x 2.72 x 1.04 cm;
* Weight: 15.6 g .;
* Memory: 1 GB;
* Operating frequencies: from 20 Hz to 20 KHz;
* Supported formats: MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store, M4A, M4B, M4P), Audible (formats 2, 3 and 4), WAV and AIFF;
* Battery life: up to 12 hours;
* Full charge time: about 4 hours.

A photo
Attached Image
Detailed description
Mount
[color = "# 000000"]
Attached Image
The built-in mount lets you wear iPod shuffle on clothing. Fasten it on a sleeve, sport shorts or jacket. No matter where you wear your iPod shuffle, it will always be a bright part of your style.

Buttons
Control Panel: Attached Image
The central button is for playback and pause. Buttons around the center - to return to the previous song, go to the next or adjust the volume. Despite the lack of a key lock switch for all (hold) keys, you can lock (or vice versa, unlock) the control block by pressing and holding the central key for three seconds. After that, any keystroke of the control unit will be ignored, and the indicator will light up yellow.
Stirring switch- Attached ImageAttached Image
Change for the better. Mix the music by sliding the mixing switch. Put it back in place and listen to your playlists, workout music, and albums in the order in which you synced them to iTunes.

Battery charge indicator

* Green color- sufficient charge level (30-100%).
* Orange color- low charge level (10-30%).
* Red color- very low charge level (less than 10%).
* The indicator is not lit - the battery is completely discharged
* Flashing green, then twice orange for 10 seconds - ERROR. You need to restore iPod shuffle.Attached Image
When the player is in the dock, then the orange color of the indicator means charging, green - that the player is fully charged, and blinking orange - that the player cannot be switched off now, it is either synchronized or not removed from the system (in disk use mode).
While playing musicWhen you press any key, a green signal means playback, volume control, track change, or "rewind." Orange - lock the keyboard, reaching the volume limit. Alternately green and orange - the lack of compositions in the player. If the battery is nearly discharged, the shuffle signals as a constantly flashing red light.

Dock connector
Attached Image
iPod shuffle uses a mini-jack mini-sync connector for syncing, the player doesn't have any others. It is possible to use the player as a flash drive for transferring files, but it is unlikely that this opportunity will be of interest to a large number of users - 1 GB is not particularly suitable for these purposes.
* When the player is in the dock, the orange color of the indicator means charging, green means that the player is fully charged,and flashing orange - that the player can not be turned off now, it is either synchronized or not unmounted (in disk use mode).[/ color]

Post has been editedmfilonen2 - 20.04.15, 22:00

Rep: (718)
IManiaC @ 26.2.2009, 14:50*
* The indicator is not lit - the battery is completely discharged
Or died nafig: yes2: My daughter has a player, has worked for eight months, and alles.your computer is not rightAha-both at once. I now that Air buy? And the warranty card FIG know where!

Rep: (785)
caramba_sda
Another cap has not been finalized - and already reviews: D

Rep: (546)
I think to buy myself because he is small and there isn’t much trouble with him

Rep: (13)
How is the sound quality? Do they really say that the best among all iPods and in general the sound quality is at a very high level? Who had experience of comparison with iPods and other players, please write down ...

Rep: (9)
about the second generation of shuffles - sounds, oddly enough, louder and more bass than ipod nano 3g.
naturally merges modern CD wolfmen :)
but on the whole it’s quite nice, for a bicycle, it’s the most convenient thing)) convenient thing, especially because the buttons are without sensors - sometimes it’s very like to take off the glove and “turn” the wheel of the same nano, there’s also a kind of capacitive sensor;

Rep: (0)
I had this child of stubs ... BUT I bought it for a share for 942 rubles 1 gig, what they want for it now is unreasonably expensive. For that kind of money, take something with a display and be more functional. Of the minuses, I will note the recording of current through I-tunes, it does not charge via wuz-bi from the outlet, the ears with it also suck, the headphone jack can fail, because used as a charger and sobsna for the ears. so if there are 3k rubles, take something else, this price is too high for him. and sound-put the default settings on the player or through I-Tunes change for each song separately. that's the whole trick.

Rep: (9)
JIeHb,
for that kind of money, take something with a display and more functional

Well, as if the trick and style is that it is without a display. only music, almost like a radio - you listen, and then you only learn the names)

Of the minuses, I will note the recording of current through I-tunes, it does not charge via wuz-bi from the outlet, the ears with it also suck, the headphone jack can fail, because used as a charger and sobsna for the ears.

Winamp plugin (including building statistics for the last) under Windows, and Linux players will recognize almost all iPods by default.

at the docking station, the connector is slightly different and it is not fixed securely into it, it is simply placed - therefore, wear can only be caused by connecting headphones.

so if there are 3k rubles, take something else, this price is too high for him.

3k is really about nothing, I took 1 GB for 1790 in Re: Store.

I had a shuffle 1 Gig. Well, to be honest, I like the nano 3 more and not because it has a display, but the sound is better in my opinion. Shuffle used more than a year, and then sold. Nirazu had no problems with him. Conveniently mounted, small, compact. I bought it as soon as it appeared for 2700. Of course, but I did not regret it.

Post has been editedPraporFSO - 27.03.09, 01:00

Rep: (30)
Heh, well, I also took ... in November 2007 for 2590 in the MTS-salon. Still go. Standard ears are certainly not very good, and one of them died down after 2 months (it became barely audible), I had to buy filipsovskie for 400r) So with them and go until now. Sometimes it is buggy ... rarely and not critical, usually turn off, wait, turn on is enough to fix the situation.
ZY Doc floor is not just a stand, but also other crap for charging and so on .. so it’s better not to try to charge directly from USB. I bought a Chinese battery pack for a type of iPod for an iPod .. for 300r ... it charges somewhere around an hour and a half. Well, in general for those who just need to listen to music, the most it is IMHO.

Rep: (1)
help with such a problem .... the player does not work and I cannot flash it says that it was not deleted, a utility of this kind also writes that it did not work (((how to revive? the recovery utility writes a disk recording error

flashed utility with 5 times and when synchronizing itunes writes that it did not find a synchronized disk
M

Post has been editedHanzo - 07.04.09, 10:49

Yes, damn, I have such a garbage, a friend from America brought a shuffle for 7 months and died right now, when you connect to your computer, itunes shows that, like, “ipod is not recognized, restore using recovery utility”, this utility, unfortunately, does not restore! !! When you connect it to your computer, it does not even charge, during recovery, the indicator flashes only a couple of times !!! What to do??? HELP ME !!! :(

Post has been editedHanzo - 06.05.09, 16:54

And for some reason, through iTuns, I don’t want to throw in music, I write something like a disk not found, although it is defined in iTuns

Rep: (5)
There is only a player without a docking station. Is it possible to replace it with something?

Rep: (1)
Recently bought the 3rd generation Shuffle, which are already Colored, took the green one. The price of the official indicated 2700 ry for 2 GB - in real life a little more expensive, around 3 thousand.

Yuzayu already 3 weeks, normal flight. The sound is pleasant in the headphones, but not very bass. Hem to the auto-radio - listens nicely.
VoiceOver is funny - but I haven't figured out how it works yet.
Did not like:
too many combinations for one button on the remote.
Pleases:
Aluminum housing, not too long wires.

The principle justifies the money invested in itself.
From 5 points I would give 4.6.

Rep: (4)
bought 3g. tomorrow will be with me. let's clean itunes. In principle, there are already many solutions. but can someone say the proven best? I’ll check it out myself. This is my first stub. see if they should be trusted.

* Flashing green, then twice orange for 10 seconds - ERROR. You must restore iPod shuffle
how to recover?

Rep: (5)
chapaevserg,

Instead of Tuna, I use the SharePod program, for the second shuffle, just super%))

Rep: (14)
what is heard about the 4th generation ??

Rep: (10)
1. Utility to restore the player, if the computer sees the player:
Apple's iPodResetUtility (today version 1.0.4)
2. Convenient iTunes replacement:
Foobar2000 (today version 1.1.1) with iPod Manager plugin [foo_dop.dll] (today version 0.6.8.5)
Also in Foobar2000 + iPod Manager, you can set up automatic conversion to MP3 (download Lame 3.98.4) or AAC (download NeroAACCodec-1.5.1) when copying any audio files to your iPod (FLAC, APE, MP3>320kbps) (screen shot attached
Attached Image
).

Everything works successfully on my iPod Shuffle 2g (1 GB) player.

I had such a problem a long time ago.
Shuffle 2 when connected to a computer, the orange indicator lights up. The computer does not find it in any way. no connection is not included. Interestingly, he completely died?)

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/24/19, 09:55