Gigabyte GSmart S1204 | Communicator with 8 megapixel camera!

Rep: (2212)
It was first shown at an exhibition in Barcelona.
Dimensions - 107.5 x 53 x 12.1 mm.
Touch 3.1 "screen with a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels.
Windows Mobile 6.5 with a proprietary interface Smart Zone.
Qualcomm processor, microSD slot, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS, TV-out.
More energy-intensive battery (compared to the predecessor model GSmart S1200).

A source -www.phonearena.com

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedJohnny P - 23.02.09, 14:35

Rep: (1407)
Not enough TTX ... But it looks normal, it seems ... And 8 megapixels, IMHO, nothing ...

Posted 02/23/2009, 2:39 PM:

Technical characteristics of Gigabyte GSmart S1204:

Network: GSM / GPRS / EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz), WCDMA / HSDPA (900/2100 MHz) Platform: Windows Mobile 6.5, Smart Zone interface Display: touchscreen, 3.1 inches, 800 x 480 pixels, TFT Camera: 8 megapixel, autofocus Processor: Qualcomm, 528 MHz RAM memory: 128 MB ROM memory size: 256 MB Expansion slot: microSD GPS Wi-Fi (802.11b / g) Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR miniUSB 2.0 Motion Sensor Battery: Lithium -ion, 1250 mAh Dimensions: 107.5 x 53 x 12.1 mm

Rep: (1)
Not enough TTX ... But it looks normal, it seems ... And 8 megapixels, IMHO, nothing ...

Posted 02/23/2009, 2:39 PM:

Technical characteristics of Gigabyte GSmart S1204:

Network: GSM / GPRS / EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz), WCDMA / HSDPA (900/2100 MHz) Platform: Windows Mobile 6.5, Smart Zone interface Display: touchscreen, 3.1 inches, 800 x 480 pixels, TFT Camera: 8 megapixel, autofocus Processor: Qualcomm, 528 MHz RAM memory: 128 MB ROM memory size: 256 MB Expansion slot: microSD GPS Wi-Fi (802.11b / g) Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR miniUSB 2.0 Motion Sensor Battery: Lithium -ion, 1250 mAh Dimensions: 107.5 x 53 x 12.1 mm

Where did the information, official specifications were not presented? It was said that there will be 8 mp, and nothing more ..

Rep: (1407)
<Stels> @ 23.2.2009, 17:30 *
Whence information

Yandex issued.

Rep: (11)
What for 8 MP on the phone? Or even on the device? I sometimes have a lot on camera 8 ... and on the phone more than 5, well, they don’t need it - megapixels, with equal optics, have almost no effect on quality, and optics here ... is one name, not optics.

RAM for such a resolution and a proprietary interface is not enough ... VM 6.5 for sure eats it no less than 6.1.

So IMHO device is no better, and in some positions worse than the second diamond.

Ha, and the button is only one ... well, why stupidly clone the ergonomics of the iPhone? Even HTC with their glamor and innovations did not reach this.

JBear13 @ 23.2.2009, 23:32*
What for 8 MP on the phone? Or even on the device? I sometimes have a lot on camera 8 ... and on the phone more than 5, well, they don’t need it - megapixels, with equal optics, have almost no effect on quality, and optics here ... is one name, not optics.

RAM for such a resolution and a proprietary interface is not enough ... VM 6.5 for sure eats it no less than 6.1.

So IMHO device is no better, and in some positions worse than the second diamond.

Ha, and the button is only one ... well, why stupidly clone the ergonomics of the iPhone? Even HTC with their glamor and innovations did not reach this.

These are all not exact specifications, nothing is known about it except for 8mp. And for the s1200, even 128 was enough, because proprietary interface works pretty well there;)
How do you know about the buttons? did you see him from the side ?, on the diamond two of them are also not thick.
Yes, and as for me you have chosen an unsuccessful opponent, I am not against HTC, but what they showed at WMC is no good, especially considering their possible prices: lol:
Gigabyte here in a clear advantage, they are not inflated prices and not arrogant. And I like his design more. (And even in comparison with the previous squares, so super in general: rolleyes :)
No matter how HTC grasps delusions of grandeur, following the example of Moto and that it ends badly ...
takenhere

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been edited<Stels> - 23.02.09, 23:58

Rep: (25)
JBear13 @ 23.2.2009, 13:32*

If there will be an exit on TV, then the advantages over the “second diamond” are indisputable. This very "diamond2" is the unfortunate fruit of managers from mobile technology. Again, one inserted, the other was removed. To buy it, financing a similar, to say the least, nonsense is a mistake. It's like all the buyers of the Glofiish X900 in the CIS - it looks like they tested the European buyers for ACER X960 for their money, and even got it without TV.

Rep: (23)
we readhere:
exit is scheduled forautumn 2009 !!! it is necessary to disperse the entire development team in a gigabyte in such a time frame.
Yes, and in general, the story of the MS808 communicator is immediately remembered - they fed breakfast all last year, but they never released it.

well, RIP ...

As for the camera, it didn’t look, 8 is there or not eight megapixels. But the overall impression is not bad.
The first metal stylus — before gigabytes, everything from the Placematzky walked.
One of these days I will try to make pictures - compare with iPhone and something else

If you have the opportunity, answer a couple of questions =):
- How much will the RAM?
- What percent?
- Is there a flash?
- Battery?
- If you can add a photo of the phone and interface
About the stylus, I had a metal telescopic =), sorry I lost

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07.22.19, 00:55