Section Modification Proposal

Rep: (232)
To dateProgramming for PocketPCcontains 68 pages of 30 topics on each, therefore more than 2000 topics. Probably everyone will agree that this is a very impressive section, full familiarization with which will take a lot of time and effort. Moreover, the set of topics contains 1-2 messages each and further has no development.

What is the actual proposal for modifying this section?

Sharing the entire forumProgramming for PocketPCinto several sub-forums, similar to the division in the KPK Ornaments section. New topics will be created in the Programming for PocketPC forum, and then, depending on the subject, transferred to the appropriate subforum. THOSE. the whole section will consist of several thematic sections, the direction of division into which has yet to be clarified.

Approximate division.

Acquaintance with the Programming section allows you to notice that almost all topics are divided into questions like: “how to implement this or that function in a program”, “Requests for writing programs”, and just discussions related to programming.

The analysis of this circumstance allows to distinguish 3 main sub-forums:
1st Themes related to questions about writing programs (code samples) and just help programmers.
The 2nd Section in which you can identify the actual development of programs that are conducted on the forum, and later transferred to the program directory, as well as requests in writing programs.
The 3rd Section, which will contain discussion topics, which so far have no real-life developments.

What will it do?

First, it will help to quickly find the desired or interesting topic, without looking at a lot of other topics.
Secondly, it will simplify the procedure for moderating the section.
Thirdly ... it will be seen in the course of the discussion. :)

Thank you for reading to the end. :)
Please express your suggestions on sabzh. The last word of course remains with the Administration.savagemessiahzine.com, but I want to know the opinion of ordinary users :)

Moderators: please do not combine with the topicOffers site and forum.

Post has been editedotli4nik - 20.02.09, 14:27

Rep: (4174)
I think it makes sense. Details may vary. Today, searching for programs in this section has to be done in a non-trivial way: studying the reputations of developers. This is also possible, but not very convenient.

Rep: (332)
otli4nik,
I support.
Moreover, the topics there previously appeared not with such frequency as now.
The number of interested is growing, and the rate at which new topics appear also increases accordingly.
In my opinion, it will be easier to follow the current developments, and those who need advice, and everything else.
Now for a beginner, it takes a considerable amount of time to find something.

Rep: (380)
But I think you need a little differently to break the topics into sections:
1) real development, which are already at least transferred to the programming section.
2) all topics that contain at least some USEFUL code
3) just interesting and discussed topics. Those. those topics in which at least 8-10 pages, and not two or three posts ...
And also make the root partition where all other topics are stored. As soon as the topic starts to fit even under one of the sections, the moderators should move the topic to the appropriate section ...

And also in the root directory to fix the topic of requests for writing prog, because This is the most littering topic section ...

Post has been editedSCOBA - 22.02.09, 22:28

Rep: (831)
M
I moved the topic to the section "Programming for PocketPC" and fixed it so that everyone interested could see it.

Rep: (651)
If you rummage in the section, you can probably find a lot of small prog made under someone's order, and lying here without work.

Rep: (65)
And you can create something like FAQs for topics by language, and sometimes a topic is created for the question of one function ..

Rep: (232)
Andrew59, en-trance, SCOBA, I don't know, Ethermind
Thanks for the replies, glad that my initiative found support. I would like to hear the opinion and moderators of the section:-QwertY- , dci , Alan .
P.S. If the need arises, he is ready to provide all possible assistance.

Rep: (2661)
otli4nik,
if you or someone else is really ready to do this on their own - I will raise the question before the taboo.
I really liked the proposal for faqs by languages ​​and the collection of real code - the same thing - waiting for real developments - create themes, I will attach them - here will be the basis for a more accurate and complete division into subforums.

FAQ topics already exist. At least three.

Programming under the PDA on FreePascal
Pocket Programming Language (PPL) by ArianeSoft
Basic4PPC-sort things out

And here's what I was talking about (offhand):

How to ping an IP address?
C # assignment of action upon completion of reproduction
C # pattern transparency
C # + Win CE 5.0 = no background color on buttons
A couple of questions on C #.
C # how to save object to file
C # Minimize

Post has been editedEthermind - 28.02.09, 16:07

Ethermind,
you misunderstood ... or I said wrong :)
I am not interested in the presence of topics at the moment, but in the presence of people who are ready to support the replenishment and follow these topics afterwards.

Rep: (85)
The idea is good, you can also divide it into languages ​​... Sometimes you read the question, you answer and they say you need .NET ... :) And it didn’t help, and time wasted:) ...

I think that hardly anyone will take it right away. And the structure can exist independently of the person.

Rep: (36)
I believe that the following subsections are needed: Program development and testing, Program ordering, Programming questions (can be divided by languages) and the section - Code archive, where there will be clearly defined topics: one topic - one solution. If, after the completion of the order, the program continues to evolve, it can be transferred to the first section, after having reissued the header.

Rep: (781)
I think we need sections: Programs in development, Order for programs and subsections for each language

Rep: (82)
Today, searching for programs in this section has to be done in a non-trivial way: studying the reputations of developers. This is also possible, but not very convenient.
Reputation is not an indicator, and the presence of several programs on this site is also not an indicator, as is the number of messages, it’s all indirect and relative, how are you going to implement it?

my suggestions:
  • At some intervals conduct moderation at least the names of topics like
    "I can not send SMS, it does not plow"
    "[VisualC ++ (vs2008)] I can not send SMS, it does not plow"
    but it is often not very clear what exactly it is about (although they mostly write about it, of course)
  • In the program order topic ask all participants to delete topics with completed orders
  • It is possible to try to make it more convenient, for example, a list of current orders for now.
  • In the subject of the order for the program to make a few links to faq on how to properly arrange what is needed for the order, and at least very, very approximate prices (links to the websites of companies, private developers). In order to avoid most unnecessary questions and misunderstandings

if necessary I can help with this

Post has been editedforsik - 08.11.09, 19:58

if necessary I can help with this

For starters curatorship on orders vytyanesh?

Rep: (82)
Wrote in PM for a long time, I received no answer

Post has been editedforsik - 18.11.09, 22:23

took was :(
start, look around the topic :)

Rep: (38)
IMHO, you need to create a topic "Questions for beginners."
The topic will be discussed ... from the title of the topic it is clear what will be discussed there. It also helps to unload a little branch.
I still had a question about writing and compiling code in Delphi. Themes do not see, create a theme ... a small question.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 26/01/20 12:10