4 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 > »  

> Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO MINI UI3520 - Discussion | [netbook] Compact, practical, stylish netbook
hirodger
Message#1
07.01.09, 19:02
The caster
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 1022
Check in: 06.11.05
Samsung Galaxy A50

If you do not look at a photo of Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Mini Ui 3520, then at least ten other models are guessed for its TTX: an 8.9-inch screen, an Intel Atom N270 processor with a frequency of 1.6 GHz, a gigabyte of DDR2 667 MHz memory, Wi-Fi Bluetooth and built-in webcam. The fact that at least a little bit makes this laptop (netbook) unique - interchangeable covers that allow the laptop to change depending on the mood of the host.

As befits a good netbook, the Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Mini Ui 3520 has the appropriate dimensions (233 x 175 x 29-36 mm) and weighs only 1 kg. The Amilo Mini Ui 3520 LCD display has a resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels. And there is a netbook running Windows XP Home Edition, which is preinstalled on a hard disk with a capacity of 60 or 80 GB. It is also worth noting the presence of ExpressCard-slot, USB 2.0 interface and VGA-out

Specifications
Manufacturer Fujitsu-Siemens
Model AMILO MINI
Intel® Atom N270 processor (1.60 GHz, L2 Cache 512 Kb, FSB 533)
Intel® 945GSE Chipset
Type of RAM DDR2,533 MHz
Standard volume 1 GB
The maximum amount of 1 GB
Memory expansion slots 1 SO-DIMM slot
Hard disk 60 GB (PATA 1,8 ", 4200 rpm, 2 MB cache)
Optical drive No
Floppy drive No
Display 8.9 "WSVGA LCD display (brightness 220, contrast 500: 1)
Display resolution 1024 x 600
Graphics Card Built into Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950 Chipset
Sound subsystem Realtek ALC269,
Two built-in stereo speakers of 1.5 W, two microphones.
Fax Modem No
Network Adapter 10/100 Mbps LAN,
Wi-Fi (802.11b / g).
Expansion slots ExpressCard slot (34 mm)
External connectors 1 x VGA,
1 x line in combined with microphone input,
1 x headphone out
2 x USB 2.0.
Windows keyboard compatible, 85 keys.
Touchpad Manipulator
Additional 4-in-1 card reader devices (SD / SDHC, MS, MSPRO, MMC),
Integrated webcam 1.3 MP, 30 frames / s.
Bluetooth 2.0
Additional features No
Power source Li-ion battery, up to 4 hours.
Dimensions 233 x 175 x 29-36 mm
Pre-installed Windows® XP Home Edition software
Notebook,
User's manual,
Drivers and utilities.
Weight 0.99 kg

Description on the manufacturer's website.

Actually became the owner thereof in a white case (the panel is brownish in color),
Hard 60gig, bought in Polaris,
The first impression of a sufficient quality device ..

I will try to answer if anyone is interested in the device

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedDr @ ko_n - 07.03.10, 12:17
Reason for editing: Removed har-ki in spoiler
skrayu
Message#22
02.08.09, 20:35
User
[offline]

Messages 88
Check in: 10.03.08
Honor 4C CHM-U01

such a feeling. That this topic is not relevant here. I think you can close the topic !!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
No worse than sin - than despondency
Seraffim Sarovsky
skrayu
Message#23
04.08.09, 09:54
User
[offline]

Messages 88
Honor 4C CHM-U01

Overview netbook Fujitsu Siemens Computers AMILO Mini UI3520

ASUS looked into the water, releasing the super-cheap Eee PC 701 compact laptop. In 2007, the need for such a step could still be doubted, but not now, at the height of the economic crisis. Today, many computer users, acquiring new devices for themselves, are increasingly paying attention to the functionality, trying to abandon what is not required for work. Netbooks are the best choice in this respect - they offer only the most necessary things in terms of features and performance, not to mention compact size. However, this makes their cost relatively low.

Despite the "invention" of the new netbook market, ASUS by the end of 2008 lost its leadership in this segment. It was bypassed by Acer with its only product, Aspire One, while ASUS has a dozen modifications of three generations of netbooks.

Do not lag behind other companies. MSI, LG, Samsung and Hewlett-Packard have long been supplying their products. Dell and Lenovo have not reached us yet. But recently the first Fujitsu Siemens Computers appeared. It is about the netbook AMILO Mini UI3520 from the latest company today will be discussed.

Specification

Especially for its first netbook, Fujitsu Siemens Computers has introduced the new AMILO Mini U series. So far, only one model is present in its lineup - UI3520.

Features AMILO Mini UI3520 is not much different from most other netbooks. It is also based on the Intel Atom N270 processor and Intel 945GME chipset. The amount of RAM is 1024 MB, which is also standard for most analogues of its class.

Fujitsu Siemens Computers AMILO Mini UI3520
Screen diagonal 8.9"
Screen resolution1024x600
CPUIntel Atom N270 (1.6 GHz, 512 Kbytes L2, 533 MHz FSB)
Memory1024 MB DDR2-667
ChipsetIntel 945 + ICH7-M
Video cardIntel GMA950
HDD160 GB (5400 rpm, SerialATA)
Communication capabilities
10/100 Mbps Ethernet, Atheros AR5007EG (802.11b / g), Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
Ports2 x USB2.0, D-SUB, audio output, microphone input, RJ-45
Other featuresExpressCard / 34, 4-in-1 card reader
Battery2200 mAh, 4 elements
Power Supply40 W
Dimensions232x175x29.0-35.8 mm
Weight 1.0 kg

Instead of an SSD, Fujitsu Siemens Computers decided to use a hard disk. But, interestingly, not a 2.5-inch, and 1.8-inch. This allowed to save space inside the case, reduce weight and power consumption. On the other hand, the spindle speed is only 4200 rpm. Although it will probably be faster than the budget version of the SSD, which is used in other netbooks.

Very pleased with the presence of the Bluetooth controller, with the latest version with the index 2.1. Separately, you can note the low weight of UI3520 - only about a kilogram. It comes with the Windows XP Home Edition operating system with Service Pack 3 pre-installed.

Contents of delivery

Package includes only the most necessary to get started:
. Power Supply;
. CDs with software and operating system;
. removable panel for the back side of the screen cover;
. documentation set.
From the "unusual" can be noted except that the removable panel for the back side of the screen lid.

Design

While other manufacturers were developing a different design for netbooks than their main products, Fujitsu Siemens Computers decided to base its appearance on the current generation of the AMILO line of mobile computers. And this means the use of gray-white plastic strict forms. However, with the help of interchangeable panels you can change the color of the back side of the screen lid.

The interior of the AMILO Mini looks more like a 15.4-inch Pa 3530, rather than the more compact Sa 3650 (or Si 3655) model. It's all about the white keyboard. In general, straight strict lines are characteristic of the UI3520 design. Also pay attention to the very thick edging of the screen, especially the top and bottom. She allowed to place the netbook's speakers directly above the keyboard, but for the touch panel buttons there was no space under the touchpad, only to the sides of it.

The layout of the keyboard netbooks, as a rule, is not very convenient for typing. It's all about the small size of the keys. And in this matter, manufacturers even go on increasing the width of the case, as a result of which “ears” often grow on the sides of the screen. In the case of the AMILO Mini UI3520, this was not done. In terms of convenience, its layout resembles the ASUS Eee PC 701 and 900 - the keys are about the same narrow. Moreover, part of the character keys even extra uzhata. And [E] was generally transferred to the very top row exactly between [Esc] and [F1]. Not very conveniently located right [Shift] - behind the switch unit.

The touch panel is not very big and widescreen. In principle, its area is enough for comfortable work in the resolution of 1024x600, which provides a netbook screen. Located on the sides of the button is quite convenient to use. Acer and Hewlett-Packard have also applied this placement in their similar products.

In terms of communication connectors, AMILO Mini UI3520 found something to be different. D-SUB, USB connectors and a block of air vents are placed on the left side. On the right are the power connector, RJ-45, USB and ExpressCard / 34 slot. The front face is occupied by audio jacks, a card reader and three blue LEDs. On the back is a battery only.

Of all the connectors, you can select ExpressCard / 34. Manufacturers of netbooks usually ignore this expansion slot, but Fujitsu Siemens Computers still decided to allow increased functionality.

There are not very many air vents on the bottom of the netbook, which is basically uncritical due to the use of low-power components. Heated AMILO Mini UI3520 quite slightly. Even under heavy load, the bottom remained just warm, but not hot. True, there was a fan noise.

Large speakers and a subwoofer in a netbook are extremely difficult to install - dimensions do not allow. Therefore, in the AMILO Mini, we found two small speakers. In principle, this is not bad, especially if we recall that most other netbooks have one speaker.

The AMILO Mini UI3520 screen is very pleased. Fujitsu Siemens Computers did not equip the screen with LED-backlit, but still the picture turned out to be saturated. I was pleased with a good stock of brightness, as well as good viewing angles.

Testing

To assess the performance of Fujitsu Siemens Computers AMILO Mini UI3520, we chose several netbooks, which roughly correspond to its level and are in the same price category.

The performance of office applications AMILO Mini UI3520 is almost identical to that showed, and the netbook Acer Aspire One. It is not surprising - their configuration is almost the same. Note, however, that the speed of the hard disk, judging by the PCMark 2005 HDD test, is almost twice as low in the UI3520. This is a direct result of lower speeds.

In 3DMark 2001, the picture is completely identical to PCMark. Netbooks based on the same Atom chips show the same speed. And in the games nothing new. The difference in speed fits into the measurement error. Now, if NVIDIA Ion-based solutions appear, which will allow using the integrated graphics of the GeForce 9400 class, then netbooks will find something to brag about.

In terms of battery life AMILO Mini UI3520 showed an average result, having worked for almost three hours in read mode. He is 10 minutes ahead of the result of Acer Aspire One. Well, a significant advantage of the HP Mini-Note PC 2133 is due to the use of a more capacious 6-cell battery.

Conclusion

Fujitsu Siemens Computers has turned out to be a good netbook, different from the rest by the presence of an ExpressCard / 34 expansion slot, as well as a Bluetooth 2.1 controller, whereas still most manufacturers use version 2.0. Another distinctive feature of AMILO Mini UI3520 is the design borrowed from the full-size Fujitsu Siemens Computers AMILO models. It turned out quite original and quite stylish.

In addition, we liked the screen, as well as the presence of two stereo speakers and a relatively small weight - about 1 kg. Of the minuses can be noted inconvenient keyboard layout. Its battery life is at an average level, but it can be increased if you install a high-capacity battery with 6 cells.

Fujitsu Siemens Computers Netbook AMILO Mini UI3520 is provided for testing by ITC-M, the official distributor of Fujitsu Siemens Computers in Belarus

Alexey Sadovsky

© Computer newspaper

--------------------
Seraffim Sarovsky
skrayu
Message#24
04.08.09, 09:59
User
[offline]

Messages 88
Honor 4C CHM-U01

If someone has a good photo of this device, it would not hurt to add

--------------------
Seraffim Sarovsky
skrayu
Message#25
04.08.09, 19:12
User
[offline]

Messages 88
Honor 4C CHM-U01

levchik-14 @ 4.8.09, 12:51*
How long does the battery last in watching a movie, reading?

I did not watch movies on it, somehow: blush: I use it for the Internet.
In general, when working on the Internet, and at this time the player plays music, I feel free toenough for two hours with a vengeance
By the way, music: dance: listen to it on it, than on ACER

--------------------
Seraffim Sarovsky
skrayu
Message#26
04.08.09, 19:20
User
[offline]

Messages 88
Honor 4C CHM-U01

levchik-14 @ 4.8.09, 12:51*
How long does the battery last in watching a movie, reading?

I did not watch movies on it, somehow: blush: I use it for the Internet.
In general, when working on the Internet, and at this time the player plays music, I feel free toenough for two hours with a vengeance
By the way, music: dance: listen to it on it, than on ACER

--------------------
Seraffim Sarovsky
lsx
Message#27
05.08.09, 13:57
Local
[offline]

Messages 151
Check in: 10.02.06
Qtek 9090

As I understand it, the author is trying to connect to someone else’s network that is not password protected and is being thrown out of it?
I do not want to seem abstruse, but really the author did not hear about filtering by mac - address?
In order to connect to such a network, you will need to find out the list of "allowed" mac-addresses and change yours accordingly.
skrayu
Message#28
11.08.09, 19:56
User
[offline]

Messages 88
Honor 4C CHM-U01

Something you wrote Tama I did not understand, I can be more detailed, otherwise there is no details in the internet: blush:

--------------------
Seraffim Sarovsky
skrayu
Message#29
11.08.09, 20:00
User
[offline]

Messages 88
Honor 4C CHM-U01

Well, I do not go far from the outlet

--------------------
Seraffim Sarovsky
Message#30
31.08.09, 19:58
Novice
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 45
Check in: 10.12.08
HTC Gene

Need help on AMILO MINI. Reinstalled Windows on this machine. Everything seems to be working except for one - the function keys do not work (which are turned on with a keystroke

Fn download

- I mean the volume, brightness, turn on and off the volume, etc.). Tell me which driver is responsible for this?
Message#31
31.08.09, 19:59
Novice
[offline]

Messages 45
Check in: 10.12.08
HTC Gene

Need help on AMILO MINI. Reinstalled Windows on this machine. Everything seems to be working except for one - the function keys do not work (which are turned on with a keystrokeFn- I mean the volume, brightness, turn on and off the volume, etc.). Tell me which driver is responsible for this?
skrayu
Message#32
18.09.09, 18:53
User
[offline]

Messages 88
Honor 4C CHM-U01

110865 @ 31.8.2009, 20:58 *
Need help on AMILO MINI. Tell me which driver is responsible for this?

there is such a program Driver Detective after installation, she herself finds the missing driver, I thus learned about atcheros, you can find a program in any search engine.
And the necessary firewood on the site Fujitsu

--------------------
Seraffim Sarovsky
izmalkoff
Message#33
18.09.09, 19:56
Ribbed Mengitto
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 19522
Check in: 12.09.05
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910C

M
Combined topics on the device.

--------------------
Was: Samsung SGH-i700, Mitac Mio A700, HTC Universal, HTC Advantage, HTC Touch HD, iPhone 3G 16Gb, HTC Kaiser, HTC HD2, HTC One X, Samsung Galaxy Note II, Samsung Galaxy Note III 9005, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 HTC OneS
It became: Siemens SX1, Nokia N91 8Gb, HTC HD2, Xiaomi Mi Note2, Samsung Galaxy Note5
Zobov
Message#34
17.10.09, 16:26
Novice
[offline]

Messages 43
Check in: 07.01.08
HP iPAQ rw6815

Kind people, tell me how to put the Windows on it?

--------------------
[4.9. The use of obscene language, both explicit and hidden, including special characters is prohibited.]
skrayu
Message#35
02.11.09, 06:10
User
[offline]

Messages 88
Honor 4C CHM-U01

I tried to update Windows on the 7th, downloaded a transition assistant from the site, so it could not connect to the Internet
In general, to make a permutation, you need autorun flash, with the necessary software. Just turn on the beech, with the flash inserted, and it will immediately start downloading from the memory card. Next, follow the instructions on the monitor ...
If someone changed, please unsubscribe.

--------------------
Seraffim Sarovsky
sanik08
Message#36
25.02.10, 12:06
Novice
[offline]

Messages 34
Check in: 31.03.08
Xiaomi Mi 5X

I have been using this device since August 2009. I reinstalled the Windows before the new year, pulled down the pig, put the seven. a guy with broken keys: download the hotkeyutility driver from the off site and it will work. If you have questions, ask.
sanik08
Message#37
25.02.10, 14:27
Novice
[offline]

Messages 34
Xiaomi Mi 5X

Now I will try to fill this file. if possible
Attached fileFTS___1026354.zip(429.24 KB)
This made us earn a standard brightness adjustment, it seems there is no other way out.
sanik08
Message#38
26.02.10, 06:19
Novice
[offline]

Messages 34
Xiaomi Mi 5X

Strange, it works for me, windows 7 is the maximum
sanik08
Message#39
27.02.10, 12:44
Novice
[offline]

Messages 34
Xiaomi Mi 5X

should earn the function keys, with blue characters, adjust the brightness only by them, nowhere in the menu there = = ((
numand
Message#40
27.02.10, 20:21
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 1
Check in: 27.02.10

The problem with the device.
When bought, the kit was Hrusha HE. While she stood, everything worked more or less.
Then I put a 7-cell - there was a problem with the battery, namely: it almost does not charge, charging takes literally a percentage in a few hours. Poyuzal Internet - I read nightmares about a terrible virus that destroys the batteries of laptops. But this virus, allegedly, "works" only on Vista. I myself think that the settings could have gone astray when switching to 7, or it’s just coincidence that the battery was covered at that very moment. Frankly, the reluctance to return to XP. Who-thread faced with something similar?
fagur2007
Message#41
06.03.10, 19:31
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 2
Check in: 24.03.09
Asus p535

People help, at my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Mini Ui 3520 the sound began to cry out, annoying horror, what to do ????

4 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/30/19/21: 07