Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO MINI UI3520 - Discussion | [netbook] Compact, practical, stylish netbook

Rep: (42)
If you do not look at a photo of Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Mini Ui 3520, then at least ten other models are guessed for its TTX: an 8.9-inch screen, an Intel Atom N270 processor with a frequency of 1.6 GHz, a gigabyte of DDR2 667 MHz memory, Wi-Fi Bluetooth and built-in webcam. The fact that at least a little bit makes this laptop (netbook) unique - interchangeable covers that allow the laptop to change depending on the mood of the host.

As befits a good netbook, the Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Mini Ui 3520 has the appropriate dimensions (233 x 175 x 29-36 mm) and weighs only 1 kg. The Amilo Mini Ui 3520 LCD display has a resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels. And there is a netbook running Windows XP Home Edition, which is preinstalled on a hard disk with a capacity of 60 or 80 GB. It is also worth noting the presence of ExpressCard-slot, USB 2.0 interface and VGA-out

Specifications
Manufacturer Fujitsu-Siemens
Model AMILO MINI
IntelВ® Atom N270 processor (1.60 GHz, L2 Cache 512 Kb, FSB 533)
IntelВ® 945GSE Chipset
Type of RAM DDR2,533 MHz
Standard volume 1 GB
The maximum amount of 1 GB
Memory expansion slots 1 SO-DIMM slot
Hard disk 60 GB (PATA 1,8 ", 4200 rpm, 2 MB cache)
Optical drive No
Floppy drive No
Display 8.9 "WSVGA LCD display (brightness 220, contrast 500: 1)
Display resolution 1024 x 600
Graphics Card Built into IntelВ® Graphics Media Accelerator 950 Chipset
Sound subsystem Realtek ALC269,
Two built-in stereo speakers of 1.5 W, two microphones.
Fax Modem No
Network Adapter 10/100 Mbps LAN,
Wi-Fi (802.11b / g).
Expansion slots ExpressCard slot (34 mm)
External connectors 1 x VGA,
1 x line in combined with microphone input,
1 x headphone out
2 x USB 2.0.
Windows keyboard compatible, 85 keys.
Touchpad Manipulator
Additional 4-in-1 card reader devices (SD / SDHC, MS, MSPRO, MMC),
Integrated webcam 1.3 MP, 30 frames / s.
Bluetooth 2.0
Additional features No
Power source Li-ion battery, up to 4 hours.
Dimensions 233 x 175 x 29-36 mm
Pre-installed WindowsВ® XP Home Edition software
Notebook,
User's manual,
Drivers and utilities.
Weight 0.99 kg

Description on the manufacturer's website.

Actually became the owner thereof in a white case (the panel is brownish in color),
Hard 60gig, bought in Polaris,
The first impression of a sufficient quality device ..

I will try to answer if anyone is interested in the device

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedDr @ ko_n - 07.03.10, 12:17
Reason for editing: Removed har-ki in spoiler

Rep: (39)
I wonder how things are with him with loading from other carriers than onboard hard. Roughly speaking - external hard drive, as a boot device, we can see in the BIOS and even for the lack of ntldr we swear (according to the TTX the loading is declared only from the external CD, the TP says the same thing), but the option is possible to slip the contents into the whistle whistle. CD and use this business as an alternative to system recovery?

Rep: (42)
While the only thing I tried was to boot.here from such external hard(in the photo) - I have it prepared so that in addition to storing files of various WinPE installed on it (like an emergency LiveCD) - AMILO MINI boots from it without problems, I think it should be from a USB flash drive ..

Right now I created a bootable USB flash drive with Sever CD Restore from January 5, 2009 - Acronis is present there,
the device booted from it without any problems.

Post has been editedhirodger - 08.01.09, 16:42

Rep: (39)
Hirodger @ 7.1.2009, 14:43*
Right now I created a bootable USB flash drive with Sever CD Restore from January 5, 2009 - Acronis is present there,
the device booted from it without any problems.

Shine. Thank you so much.
!
Thank you say in a personal, raising the reputation and the only way.

Post has been editedveisong - 08.01.09, 20:27

Rep: (17)
+1 in the owners of this device. : D

Record from the new standard battery - 4.5 hours with a book and backlight at 1/3 of the maximum.
The question is about the information in the network that there is a "light sensor" in it - what is it and where to look? Not found anything.

Rep: (4)
Since early December, became the owner of this device.
Satisfies all his money and even more. Traveling is an indispensable thing. CS3 (shop, weaver and even the prime minister) goes bang.

About the light sensor - this is not for the screen, for the webcam.

I have a couple of questions:
1. The specification says that the webcam is 1.3 mpx. In settings greater than 640x480 does not give. Where to dig?
2. Is it possible to somehow increase the refresh rate of the screen? The default is 60 Hz, a bit uncomfortable.

Rep: (192)
I keep an eye on this typewriter, though I don’t understand - we sell with 6 Cell batteries - is it up to 4 hours with it?

Rep: (1407)
Please clarify the price of the question, how much is it really? I'm looking at netbooks, but I haven't decided yet ...

Rep: (192)
izmalkoff @ 4.2.2009, 8:23*
Please clarify the price of the question, how much is it really? I'm looking at netbooks, but I haven't decided yet ...

From 14 to 19 depending on the configuration ... the package may include: interchangeable color panels, external DVD, battery from 4 to 6 Cell, a case ... There is also a difference in HDD - 60-80 gig

Rep: (14)
There is this device on hand, bought for 13 tr.
Interested in the issue of expanding RAM to 2 GB. did anyone try?

Post has been editeduropb - 16.02.09, 13:25

Rep: (14)
on ixbt.com, the ProHvost user tried, only he (the netbook) died, at the time of preparing the material on how to put 2gighttp://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=17:32996-5

I took mine in Sunrise for 13700 3 weeks ago

Post has been editedEsquaer - 28.02.09, 07:19

Rep: (20)
Successfully put on hackintosh mini assembly for amilo msi. WiFi adapter mini pci express Atheros 5600 does not work. And it is unlikely that it will work, there are some successful attempts to start this module and there is one solution to the problem, this is replacing the module with the same one from broadcom, now I am having fun searching for it. The replacement itself is nothing complicated.
So if anyone has a Brodkom mini pci express card, you can put a leopard from a mac on Amilo.

The laptop itself is good, but annoying turbine noise and incomprehensible cooling operation modes. I wanted a quieter kaneshn, a constant hum does not please. I do not know, the feature of this particular laptop or all of them.

Rep: (0)
People, people! Tell me pliz, can I charge this device from the cigarette lighter in the car? If mona, then do I need a converter or mona on a straight line like someone who came across, lope worth crap for charging in the car?
I would be very grateful to everyone who will answer.

I got myself a netbook, AMILO mini 3520, from the brand fujitsu siemens,
There is a wlan connection there, but I do not know how to configure it. : blush:
Is there anyone who knows how to configure?
Or what other issues related to this device ....

Rep: (13)
wi-fi switch to the right and the computer will find the network itself)) if not, right-click on the icon in the tray. If necessary, enter a password.

what switch: umnik: are there some buttons?

Rep: (13)
Did you try to open the instructions? There surely everything is written.

so, well, using the wireless connection feature, I find several networks.
each has its own name, trying to connect to one, to the one that has not drawn a lock
writes connected, I check the speed of 11mv, I go to the browser, but there are no connections, everything
time gives information, about server inaccessibility from which it is necessary to control does not work, but here’s how
make it work ?????? browser i have opera

nooh at all, I just find networks!, but when I try to connect, such a thing happens ---
a scale appears, as if loading, and everything .... runs, runs, and again updates the available networks
So who does the thread know how to connect me ??????

Well, in short, I climbed across the Internet and found out that this problem is not for me alone, but for all owners of this series, including the owners of toshiba A100.
It turns out that there is an atheros chipset in the device and to them, for some reason: rofl:, there is no firewood on the device itself.
The solution to this problem is actually installing the very firewood. If someone is rich in such good,
then be kind, skinte.

Post has been editedskrayu - 27.07.09, 22:05

: Sveta: firewood was found on the office, but the connection problem remained, an ip check occurs and the connection is broken. I decided to use a program called Aircrack, is there anyone who knows how to set up firewood for it ????

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/15/19, 01:15