Lenovo S9 / S10 - Discussion | [Netbook] Discussion of the advantages and disadvantages of this device

Rep: (223)
Discussion of the netbook Lenovo Ideapad S series
IdeaPad S Series are ultra lightweight netbooks that are just a couple of centimeters thick.

Discussion | Computers and peripherals

photo netbook
Attached Image

description
Attached Image

utility
Linux installation on Lenovo s10-3c is already possible !!Here.
driver download | manufacturer page | BIOS update S10-3C

survey archive
there is nothing here yet

I hid all the links under the "utility" spoiler.

Post has been editedkomok1965 - 07.06.12, 19:57
Reason for editing: curator of the topic.

Rep: (7)
K
lack of information
The choice of a small and cheap laptop brought me to the scoop.
Feeling asus and msi in advance, after reading the info on the forum, I wanted to take msi.
About lenovo s9 did not even hear. Arriving at the Scoop accidentally saw, turned on, looked, liked, took.
The forum has very little information about him. I would like to hear the opinion of users who have experience with the device, their experience
niya, etc.
Netbook Lenovo IdeaPad S9 will be equipped with an Intel Atom N270 processor, 1 GB RAM, ExpressCard slot, card reader and 2 USB ports. Windows XP Bought for 14300 p.

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedSumatraUser - 06.12.11, 06:51
Reason for editing: uninformative

Rep: (461)
not too hot? They say s10 is very hot and sorry for 6cell, even in America there.

Anathema @ 11.28.2008, 2:25*
not too hot? They say s10 is very hot and sorry for 6cell, even in America there.

He doesn’t burn his knees; he works quietly.

Rep: (31)
I have been using it for a week. On off. The site has already posted a new BIOS. I advise you to upgrade. It has not yet been possible to increase the amount of video memory up to 128 meters by adding a 2 gig bar, all of which are 64.

Rep: (461)
And no one has s10?

Alpl @ 11/27/2008, 10:34*
Netbook Lenovo IdeaPad S9 Windows XP Bought for 14300 p.

For 14300 ??? Something expensive for nine.
There was a stock in Media Markte - it cost 8,888 rubles. And now it costs 10,999 rubles.

And I liked it very much. Only the keys are not very comfortable. And so all the rules, especially at this price during the action

We increase the amount of allocated video memory from 64 to 128. We pull out the 512 meter bar, then go to the BIOS and make the default settings. Download visible. turn off the laptop. We insert the memory back.

Posted on 12/11/2008, 16:23:

s10 from s9 except for the size of the matrix and the web 1.3 megapixels is no different.

Rep: (1)
Someone already put linukh on s9, if they did, then tell me where you can get the distribution!

Rep: (25)
Anathema
There is S10, a month ago. As for warming, I have not noticed yet. Battery 6 cells, enough for 4 hours (backlight at least, sound in ears, WiFi on)

Rep: (9)
HELP !!! Does anyone have an image of the S9 system, otherwise I somehow turned it away! And doesn’t want to recover !!!

Rep: (0)
I bought S9 in MM (12/18/08) 9499 rub. I did not find a cover in the kit, which was a little upsetting. Brought home and immediately put ACad 2007. And lo and behold, 3D drawings opens with a bang. I did a little work, there are no special “brakes”, but turning on the movie I found a terrible thing - the screen goes blank during video playback. What for ...? I got into the settings .... well, in general, I didn’t figure it out "somewhere" to put it so that it would not go out.
HELP !!! Tell me, can anyone know?
(R.S. well, everything was in the settings)

I bought S9 in MM (12/18/08) 9499 rub. I did not find a cover in the kit, which was a little upsetting. Brought home and immediately put ACad 2007. And lo and behold, 3D drawings opens with a bang. I did a little work, there are no special “brakes”, but turning on the movie I found a terrible thing - the screen goes blank during video playback. What for ...? I got into the settings .... well, in general, I didn’t figure it out "somewhere" to put it so that it would not go out.
HELP !!! Tell me, can anyone know?
(R.S. well, everything was in the settings)

in the native energy-saving system there are power settings. Click on the icons, the settings will open

Posted on 12/25/2008, 11:33:

Where can I get a cover for it? super duper Slim :)

I took C9 yesterday. So far, the impression is positive (not from the word "put": happy :). One thing killed - what moron guessed so to break a hard? As if 60+ gigs for the system partition is a bit much.

Yesterday I bought S10. At first I wanted the S9, but they have the same dimensions, and the screen is smaller, so I took the S10, by the way, a reinforced battery is included. So far, everything is fine, except that a higher resolution video slows down = (well, this is not surprising.

P.S. Does anyone know how to remove this brain-breaking sound when you put or take off the charge? yelling like a shred.

Post has been editedSTFlex - 30.12.08, 16:00

STFlex @ 12.30.2008, 5:53*
Yesterday I bought S10. At first I wanted the S9, but they have the same dimensions, and the screen is smaller, so I took the S10, by the way, a reinforced battery is included. So far, everything is fine, except that a higher resolution video slows down = (well, this is not surprising.

P.S. Does anyone know how to remove this brain-breaking sound when you put or take off the charge? yelling like a shred.

Start-Settings-Control Panel-Sounds and Audio Devices-Volume-PC BEEP

Has anyone already put working Linux on a laptop ??

Has anyone already put working Linux on a laptop ??

You take any liked more or less modern distribution line (I tried with ubuntu 8.10), using unetbootin you make a bootable USB flash drive and go ...

Is there no version specifically for s9 (to eliminate any risk)?

Rep: (17)
I'm going to change my Asus EEE 1000H to S10.
It's just that when I bought Asus, there was still no S10 with Bluetooth and 6Cell.

Used S9 for a while, and I can compare it with Asus.

S9:
1) the display is brighter compared to the EEE 1000H. S9's viewing angles are worse. Glossy (per 1000 matte). I think it applies to S10 too.
2) weight (about 1kg vs 1.45kg :)) but with 6cell I think it will be somewhere nearby. (1000H is likely to replace 1200H in the same case, while Lenovo S9 has replaced S10. Therefore, the difference in dimensions is noticeable).
3) design is a fairy tale. Asus smokes nervously.
4) the keyboard - I do not know what they write on the forums, for me after EEE it seemed like a vacation. I would not say that I got used to and tormented with the 1000th, but, S9 has a key stroke (I don’t know how to explain it, in my head only the words “tight” and “short”, without symbolism;)). I used to have IBM. So - it seems! big, IMHO "+". The keys themselves are smaller (than on the 1000th).
5) Communications - WiFi worked. There were no problems. Passed a total of GB 40 all kinds of films. Bluetooth - no in S9. Nothing to say.
6) All sorts of Fn-kei and software ... On Lenovo there is a program for recovery (but this is superfluous), according to add. Asus seemed more interesting to the keys. There are 4 of them :) and most importantly, I use everyone.
7) Expansion slots. 2 USB for an Express Card. I personally do not need the latter. There is no particular periphery under it, but all that is is connected to USB. Although, maybe in the near ... Believe USB! : '(
8) Options.
"-" there is no cover !!! Inside the case is matte, glossy, even with a splash, because of which scratches will not be so noticeable. Try to find a normal pocket, for example. Asus ships with its EEE 90x / 1000 (or at least with the EEE70x) - I just had the entire EEE line :) earlier. In general, less than 900 rubles. under 9-10 "does not cost anything.
AND!!! With such a tiny beech, charging is supplied, which equalizes the weight of the S9 and 1000H !!! (but whatever one may say, it’s necessary to carry exercises with you anyway).

I hope someone will find this information useful.

PS: Taki forgot to talk about tasks, and why I change.
Lenovo did not live long, and did not leave home :) Asus on the LAN (not WiFi) worked in the office. I didn’t live up to 7 hours, but I won’t lie 6 hours 30 minutes - it’s easy. At min. Brightness, and min. Frequency.
Asus tasks:
mail, browser, music \ cinema, ms office, RDP and SSH, Siemens Logo, Visual Studio (but this is for the soul), and reading any PDF documentation. That is, a lot of resources are not needed. I did not play toys on any. Both traveled around the apartment with WiFi. It’s more convenient to readsavagemessiahzine.comlying on the couch.

Behind the S10 is the keyboard. Design \ Name (style nevertheless, anyway .. very important). Weight. (only now you have to look for compact charging and a normal pocket).

Post has been editedmeaningless - 14.01.09, 19:19

I'm going to take S10, I looked in the internet: only white comes with a 6 cell battery + bluetooth
The black one has 3 cells and no bluetooth. Tell me, who saw the sale of 6 cell batteries for black?

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 22/09/19, 14:11