I want to program. | Help determine.

Rep: (238)
With four years, all his conscious, unconscious and subconscious life, Barsik dreamed of programming, and programming for Pocket PC. In this regard, I beg you to help with practical advice and deal with those neponyatki questions that have arisen.
Given:
Experience of using Pocket - less than a year
Personal computer - much less
Programming experience - no for any platforms.
The goal is to learn how to program for Pocket, create quite complex, full-featured applications for WM 2003 (2003SE), WM 5, for VGA and QVGA screens. (There are some good ideas).

What torments:

1. The choice of environment for development.
I would like to immediately select the necessary and sufficient, so that later not to jump and relearn to work for another. At the same time the easiest to master.
At the moment, I’m facing a choice between eMbedded Visual C ++ and Visual Studio 2005.
The first Wednesday, as I understand it, is fairly (relatively) simple, worked out, there are quite a few examples and guides. This is a significant plus for me. With regards to the concerns - I did not understand whether it was possible to write programs on it. Which will be guaranteed to work under the 5th Windows, which is more and more arrogant and more arrogant, conquers its living space, and is there a PDA emulator with WM5. This is the first stop. If my fears are in vain - I think the choice will not take long to wait.
On the other hand, I would like to immediately start with the most "perfect" and new VS 2005. But for her there are no Russian-language manuals and descriptions, in addition, I still do not understand, is beta trial? Then you have to buy it and download a few gigabytes again? Is it possible to independently deal with it on the example of some other medium?

The second point (this is purely for PM or QMS, if one thread agrees to help) - I have internet only through gprs. The probability of a file being pulled down even a few hundred meters in length and not catching a jump in a jump even through the download manager or not getting an unreadable archive is close to zero. Probably, you can find online shops selling blanks with this kind of software? But in general, of course, it would be better to agree with "his" person who clearly represents what is needed and what is not needed and will be able not only to help with obtaining the necessary software, but also with the selection of utilities and other things (roughly speaking, to overtake to disk what has he himself and to read for the great gratitude and other material and moral costs. I am not very brazen?).
In general, I will be glad to any valuable advice and recommendations. Pasip :)

Rep: (27)
I decided to do just that, but I decided to start with something as simple as translating programs, if someone can help me, we think WE will be grateful.
and the data is almost the same, only I have already broken the translations, there is no, if I can download something and so on. and experience a little more with a pda of 5 years almost since 2002.

Rep: (738)
Barsik ,
With regards to the concerns - I did not understand whether it was possible to write programs on it. Which will be guaranteed to work under the 5th Windows, which is more and more arrogant and more arrogant, conquers its living space, and is there a PDA emulator with WM5.

It is possible, it is impossible (very difficult) on the contrary. Moreover, there is an opinion that it is better to use eVC 3.0 from EVT 3.0 2002 Ed., So that it also worked on Windows 2002 (or indicate to the linker to write 3.0 everywhere).
Of the minuses there is only the need to call functions that appeared after the outdated SDK (or after the oldest target OS), via GetProcAddr, and everything is super.
On the other hand, I would like to immediately start with the most "perfect" and new VS 2005. But for her there are no Russian-language manuals and descriptions, in addition, I still do not understand, is beta trial? Then you have to buy it and download a few gigabytes again? Is it possible to independently deal with it on the example of some other medium?
The studio costs very good money. At first, I would still recommend some eVC, getting used to 2005 after it will not be difficult.
The second point (this is purely for PM or QMS, if one thread agrees to help) - I have internet only through gprs. The probability of a file being pulled down even a few hundred meters in length and not catching a jump in a jump even through the download manager or not getting an unreadable archive is close to zero. Probably, you can find online shops selling blanks with this kind of software? But in general, of course, it would be better to agree with "his" person who clearly represents what is needed and what is not needed and will be able not only to help with obtaining the necessary software, but also with the selection of utilities and other things (roughly speaking, to overtake to disk what has he himself and to read for the great gratitude and other material and moral costs. I am not very brazen?).
In general, I will be glad to any valuable advice and recommendations. Pasip :)

eVC 4.0 + SP4 + WM 2003 PPC SDK + WM 2003 SE DR + eVT 3.0 2002 (PPC and SP SDK included) is exactly one 700mb disc. I can send by mail for the cost of delivery, in principle, if you suddenly can not find in St. Petersburg.

Rep: (238)
dci , thank you so much for your responsiveness, maybe I will use your help. In the meantime, I collected savings today and ... bought Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition + MSDN-librays for VS 2005 + something else in the box. But at the same time (walking for a walk) and a part of Visual studio .Net 2003 + the corresponding MSDN library + pribluda are different. Together, it was even cheaper than my Jem - 145 rubles for each set :) Is the library for eC4.0 available only in the online version?

Rep: (738)
Barsik ,
MSDN describes not a development tool, but Windows.
In full, there should be a complete infa for CE.

Rep: (2542)
Barsik
At the moment, I’m facing a choice between eMbedded Visual C ++ and Visual Studio 2005.

and I will insert my five kopecks ... And under that and under the other, you can write under all axes, from 2002 to 2005. The only thing is that in order to make 2005 compile for 2002, you need shamanism (do not ask me — I read reviews from people who shamanized, but did not try it themselves).
Writing and debugging programs, in my opinion, is easier in 2005. But I am compiling "on exit" in evc3. Why then the code is smaller and it works, subjectively, a bit faster.

Rep: (144)
for me, using eVC this way is much more convenient than 2005. It may be true also because I have been used to VS 6.0 for a “big brother” a long time ago ...

True, for some reason, in eVC3, everything works perfectly fine for me, but in eVC4 it’s somehow crooked: the emulator starts up, but for some reason it doesn’t have a test program;) At the same time, everything seems to be SDK, etc. put.

Rep: (0)
abandoned branch

Rep: (770)
sanyagerua
And maybe not in vain, and it was not worth nekropostit?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07.25.19, 06:11