> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Sony Xperia ZL - Discussion | Smartphone 5 "
Poll
How long have you owned the Xperia ZL?
1 month [ 210 ] ** [8,51%]
2 months [ 37 ] ** [1,5%]
3 months [ 39 ] ** [1,58%]
4 months [ 28 ] ** [1,13%]
5 months [ 20 ] ** [0,81%]
6 months [ 103 ] ** [4,17%]
7 months [ 52 ] ** [2,11%]
8 months [ 74 ] ** [3%]
9 months [ 71 ] ** [2,88%]
10 months [ 121 ] ** [4,9%]
11 months [ 107 ] ** [4,34%]
12 months [ 89 ] ** [3,61%]
More than a year [ 1515 ] ** [61,39%]
Was your Xperia ZL under repair?
Yes [ 677 ] ** [27,43%]
Not [ 1789 ] ** [72,49%]
What color is your Xperia ZL
The black [ 2025 ] ** [82,05%]
White [ 313 ] ** [12,68%]
Red [ 129 ] ** [5,23%]
Which Xperia ZL model do you own?
S6502 [ 585 ] ** [23,7%]
S6503 [ 1806 ] ** [73,18%]
S6506 [ 76 ] ** [3,08%]
Total votes: 2468

Rep: (1204)
DiscussionSony Xperia ZL
PictureSony Xperia ZL, C650X
Description | Discussion пїЅ | FAQ | Firmware (official) OS Android 4.X.X. пїЅ | Firmware (official) OS Android 5.X.X. пїЅ | Custom firmware пїЅ
Modifications of software and decorations пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Marriage and Repair пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ
Discussion of Sony Xperia ZL2 пїЅ | Sony Xperia ZL - games and applications пїЅ | Sony Xperia Z \ ZL Club пїЅ | Sony & SE Owners Club пїЅ
  • Before asking a question,read the cap, use the searchsee Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Reviews
Service menu and other access codes
Service menu:* # * # SERVICE # * # * or *#*#7378423#*#*
How to test the screen for broken pixels: *#*#7378423#*#* ->SERVICE TESTS ->DISPLAY
Information:* # * # INFO # * # * or * # * # 4636 # * # *
Demo mode (on / off):* # * SELLMORE # * # * or * # * # 73556673 # * # *
Access to features for developers:Settings->About phone>Repeated (6-7 times) clicking on the item "build number"
Instructions
useful links
Mini FAQ

How to determine phone production week
Under the cover with SIM and SD cards is a black piece of paper folded in half.
It needs to be carefully deployed. Caution, do not tear.
13w06 is the 13th year, the 6th week.
How to determine the manufacturer of the display?
Sony Xperia ZL - Discussion (Post # 21471909)
What is ODEX, DEODEX?
What is ODEX (cloak)
The application files used in the Android OS are in .apk format. These are archive files containing the following: application code (.odex files), resources (images, inscriptions, xml code, etc.), certificates (if any), .manifest file (description)
It is in this form that we receive files, for example, from the Android Market. In official firmware, .odex files are taken out separately in the system / app, which makes it possible to speed up the loading of the used code in DalvikVM, but at the same time, it does not change the resources of this application, since part of it is always separately loaded into RAM.
What is DEODEX (deodex)
When it is said that the application (firmware) is deodex (deodexed), this means that the executable part of the application (.odex) is repacked into the classes.dex file and placed back into the .apk, and since, in this case, all parts of the program are in in one place, you can easily edit its resources (pictures, fonts, etc.) without risking getting a non-working application / firmware.
Thus, it is possible to distinguish ODEX firmware from DEODEX by a simple sign: if you have files in the phone / system / app directory with .odex - ODEX firmware, if not at all - accordingly DEODEX.
How to hide a folder with unnecessary files from the gallery / player
1. In the folder with unnecessary files (for example, in the navigation folder) in its root put an empty file with the name ".nomedia"
The file name must begin with a period (the file will be hidden). Can be created in ES Explorer.
2. After you must rename the folder (for example, add zero to the name)
3. Reboot the body and open the gallery / player.
4. Rename the folder back and reboot again.
5. Open the gallery / player to re-index the contents.
After that, the folder itself will not be hidden, and media files in it will not be indexed and displayed in the player or gallery.
Only point 1 on Android 4.1.2 will not work.
The dependence of the real brightness (cd / m2) of the ZL screen on the position of the brightness adjustment slider (%)
Sony Xperia ZL - Discussion (Post # 21276556)
Screen Lock Vulnerability on Sony Xperia ZL Smartphone
Sony Xperia ZL - Discussion (Post # 21663926)
How to boot into SAFE MODE?
Press the OFF button. In the shutdown menu, hold your finger on the "Turn off power" item.
Reassignment, (full or partial), of internal memory to an external SD card
Modifications of software and decorations for Sony Xperia Z / ZL (Post # 21342837)
ClockworkMod recovery FAQ
What is the difference between Sony Xperia ZL phones from different countries
C6502
HSPA + only, full T-Mobile / AT & T support

UMTS HSPA + 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1700 (Band IV), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I)
GSM GPRS / EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900

C6503
2g / EDGE only on T-Mobile, limited AT & T 3g support (due to no 1900 HSPA + band), international LTE

UMTS HSPA + 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 2100 (Band I) GSM GPRS / EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900
LTE Band I, Band III, Band V, Band VII, Band VIII and Band XX

C6506
Full T-Mobile and AT & T LTE support

UMTS HSPA + 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1700 (Band IV), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I)
GSM GPRS / EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900
LTE Band I, Band II, Band IV, Band V and Band XVII

What happens if you remove the film from the screen (SONY logo on the glass)
Sony logo will remain, but after peeling off the film, the glass remains without any coating.
That is, when you drag your finger across the screen, the finger feels friction (resistance).
Conclusion: The film on ZL acts as the so-called olefobic coating, which is absolutely not advisable to remove.
Screen after removing the film (thanks to the user exzistor)
news
Software update toAndroid 4.4.4Kitkat expected during August 2014. Follow the news in the topic Firmware (official) OS Android 4.X.X. пїЅ
Polls archive
Attached Image
Update caps
New poll added.

Added a link toDiscussion of Sony Xperia ZL2

ATNEWS added update information on Kitkat 4.4
ATUSEFUL LINKS added a link to Discussion of Sony Xperia ZL on XDA

User activity

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling caps, please contact the section moderators via the "Complaint" button under the messages to which you want to add links.
If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).

Post has been editedNikCher - 28.02.17, 10:58
Reason for editing: Solving problems caused by updating Google services red

Rep: (78)
I like ZL, I’ll wait, and SGS2 has been so so overseen for a year that the oleophobic coating has begun to wear off: lol: I don’t understand why some people do not like the corrugated cover, it’s very convenient and pleasant. Moreover, the Chinese then rivet alternative covers))

Rep: (2184)
Moreover, the Chinese then rivet alternative covers))

so it’s kind of not removable

Rep: (139)
So what are the disadvantages of the device compared to Z? Is the case not so top-end? Screen without air gap?

So what are the disadvantages of the device compared to Z

There is one drawback - the thickness is almost a centimeter. The lack of moisture protection and a plastic corrugated surface instead of a glass do not consider disadvantages. But the pluses are shorter length and the presence of the shutter button.

Rep: (1204)
- The front camera does not record 1080p video
+ There is an infrared port for controlling home appliances

Rep: (16)
... and the presence of the shutter button

+ Infrared port, too, will not be redundant.

Rep: (36)
There is one drawback - the thickness is almost a centimeter. The lack of moisture protection and a plastic corrugated surface instead of a glass do not consider disadvantages. But the pluses are shorter length and the presence of the shutter button.

This is not a minus, in one hand, if for a long time, it is more convenient to hold the device with thicker edges. In any case, if the device is heavy and quite large. And within reasonable limits - about the very same.

Rep: (7)
only modified for portrait orientation

You just don’t need to modify anything, the body will need to be kept in landscape orientation when using IRport.
The diode window is next to the power button. : yes2:

Just do not need to modify anything

I now have a Tablet S (I hardly use it, I’m lying near the TV), it works fine at a distance of 2-3 meters, even in portrait mode, although the infrared port is on a thick upper edge. In addition, the smartphone still needs portrait orientation, because the tablet is used mainly in landscape mode, which can not be said about the phone, which will just perfectly emulate the remote control.

Rep: (316)
So - appearedofficial specifications . Despite the absence
world conspiracy

;), the processor, is APQ8064. All three versions have C6502 (HSPA +), C6503 (LTE) and C6506 (LTE). For Russia, most likely there will be C6502 / C6503, since the C6506 does not have a Russian LTE band. Well, gentlemen are waiting - hold your fingers for the start at the same time as Europe. It is believed poorly, but ...: tablet_za:

Rep: (22)
Nobody knows about the factory film; I suppose it was pasted again? And there, under it, there is no oliophobic coating without which the phone is always smeared.
I removed it on SXS - now my sensor began to twitch.

It sticks to all devices, this is Sony’s cunning plan not to use Gorilla Glass)

SkyShadows @ 01/12/2013, 18:26*
Nobody knows about the factory film; I suppose it was pasted again?

Of course. In general Z - on both sides: D

this is Sony's tricky plan not to use Gorilla Glass

GG is just a brand of aluminosilicate, from which it is made here. Call window glass at least Godzilla Glass - this will make it less fragile;)

just a brand of aluminosilicate, from which it is made here

If everything was the same, then Corning would not be engaged in the release and refinement of its glass. When the entire film was already scratched on my Tablet S, I took it off for a couple of days, until I bought a new one, caught 3 scratches, wearing in a separate section in my bag (

Post has been editedJester31101 - 12.01.13, 18:03

Well, you know ... And you can shoot at him - what if he can stand it? : rofl: My wife drags my old Arc S - for three months now there’s not a trace, but, you can imagine what only a woman has in her bag. So, that - your result is not an indicator at all. You will even scratch the window glass with sand: dirol:

As for Corning and other glaziers, this is a usual marketing move: we, de, add additives here - now it will only be scratched from the fifth time: D

Rep: (238)
As for Corning and other glaziers, this is a usual marketing move: we, de, add additives here - now it will only be scratched from the fifth time: D

Those. in your opinion there is no difference between gorilla glass and sony glass, and is this purely marketing nonsense of cunning glass producers? And the poor gnats, skis, asus, and all the rest, like the last suckers get on this lure and put this ordinary glass on their devices without even having to take care of the film sticker, as the wise Japanese from Sony do?

vadimko83
Better is sapphire glass in general, it is stronger and absolutely scratch-resistant, unless you walk with a diamond over it. Watches with such glass do not have a single scratch in more than 10 years. At the same time, on the edging of the stainless steel dial there are 2 notches with a depth of a millimeter. But sapphire crystal of a large area is expensive, bucks 10 or more will add to the cost. And it will probably be harder.

Rep: (2)
I hope in the beginning of summer I can take this handsome man: yes2:

Rep: (238)
Lovestreet @ 12.1.2013, 19:41*
vadimko83
But sapphire crystal of a large area is expensive, bucks 10 or more will add to the cost. And it will probably be harder.

In addition to vertu, only an apple puts it and then for the camera window.

vadimko83
I wrote this to the fact that there is nothing outstanding in the gorilla. I scratched it a lot (the first version) when the phone fell from a call from a cabinet shelf from a height of half a meter to a dumbbell. I think mineral glass is at about the same level. And they put the gorilla's eye more likely thanks to advertising and the fact that mineral glass costs about the same. And here for the same money there is something to trump.

Post has been editedLovestreet - 12.01.13, 19:00
Reason for editing: spelling

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 03/04/20, 20:34