What is the difference between single-file firmware and 4-file firmware?
Single-file firmware is the usual firmware received through the Samsung Kies program in one archive. Or downloadable from the sites indicated in the topic header, but these are firmwares pulled from Samsung Kies. The usual internal composition of single-file firmware:
- modem.bin - modem driver file;
- param.bin - a file in which the same pictures as in the bootloader and the file adv-env.img (for UART). It has been established experimentally that pictures from param.bin are not used in normal firmware operation;
- sboot.bin - bootloader file, the so-called bootloader;
- boot.img - system kernel file;
- cache.img - file of the regional part, mainly contains regional settings of telecom operators, sometimes - T9 dictionaries, some system changes in accordance with the regional binding, some updated drivers, regional garbage in the form of toys, Internet services, may contain several regions;
- hidden.img - regional garbage file, mainly SamsungвЂ™s branded music and video; there are garbage programs for various regions, mostly toys;
- Recovery.img - the recovery file, the emergency system, serves to eliminate emergency situations with incorrect user actions and if the phone cannot load, the system also uses the recovery to install data from the Cache.img file. From the recovery, it is possible to discharge cache (Wipe Cache Partition) or make a complete reset to the factory settings (Wipe Data/Factory Reset). In addition, it is possible to install original Samsung updates from the memory card or cache, as well as connect the phone through the ADB terminal;
- system.img - system file;
In the regional part of the firmware, in the file cache.img, inside there is a batch file, which after the firmware installs the regional part and resets the cache.
Four -firm firmware - system part, regional part and bootloader. In addition, in the regional part of this firmware there is a special marking file of the file system, the so-called PIT file, which checks the breakdown of internal memory and, when deviations of size, corrects the discrepancy, as well as in the three-file firmware, it is cleaned of the user data, which allows you to restore the phone when it allows you to restore the phone problems during its inclusion. As well as when using three -fi firmware, all user data and settings will be lost, that is, it turns out a phone as from a store.
This classification is conditional, since variation between the firmware components is possible. It is possible to allocate the internal memory markup file with a separate file and then the firmware may become five-file. Or if it is three-file, then four-file. The whole point of multi-file service firmware, as opposed to the usual single-file firmware, is an attempt to troubleshoot the file system of the phone and launch it successfully.